Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My Lovely Horse posted:

You can always extend your search for a lovely scratched copy with an intact jacket. Printing your own might work in a pinch, probably hard to find an image in print quality though. Discogs' 600x600 cover scans won't really cut it blown up to full LP cover size.

RIP to AlbumArtExchange. Get as small or as big of album covers as you wanted. What a wondrous site it was. Just a shame it’s gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

God, I want the Neptunian Maximalism album.

I don’t want to spend $80 on it, but I want it.

I had it in my cart and partway through checkout before I chickened out. It's a dope as hell album but $80 is too much for now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
:siren:Newbury Comics is doing a 25% off sale on all gramophone discs!:siren:

Only in the stores though. Non-New Englanders GTFO.

Photex posted:

The Evangelion 25th anniversary release went up on a few of the usual places, LITA, Newbury, Milan. There is some really nice looking ones too.

Hours and hours of synth horns!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CPL593H posted:

:siren:Newbury Comics is doing a 25% off sale on all gramophone discs!:siren:

Only in the stores though. Non-New Englanders GTFO.

Fly me to the moon is on here tho!

I hope Side D is just all cicada noises.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

Ah, I see you are into the bike horn cover of Cruel Angel's Thesis.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
thanks to Bandcamp friday today i picked up

Gama Bomb - Sea Savage

and Countless Skies - Glow

i've never ordered a mystery variant before, so this should be interesting!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
uDiscover uPdate: They sent out a new copy this morning, without requiring return of the damaged one. Surprise twist! Thought it was going to be a much more protracted affair.

Edit: Also got shipping notifications for my Vault 46 and the new Belle and Sebastian live album. It really is a Christmas miracle!

pwn fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 5, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I bought Wrong Way Up by Brian Eno and John Cale and The Who Live at Monterey Pop. I was actually at the mall to get my mom a Bath and Body Works gift card but there was a loving line to get in there that stretched at least 50 feet. I guess people got loving ape poo poo when that store sells their candles for ten bucks each.

I did not get the gift card.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Wrong Way Up definitely near the top of the "great album/loving awful cover" list

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

Wrong Way Up definitely near the top of the "great album/loving awful cover" list

God yes. It is the epitome of lovely 90s computer based graphic design. I don't know if this is inherent to the album in general or just the LP reissue but the cover looks like a stretched out jpeg. I looked at the first pressing's cover on discogs and I think that might just be what it looks like. Anyway, it a good pressing.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 5, 2020

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
what I'm curious about is if the drums on "Spinning Away" still sound horrible...the copy I have they sound like they were sourced from a 96 kbps MP3. too bad cuz the song is fantastic

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
I’m going to sit here all super salty and stuff because I only wanted one record. And now I’m buying more.

You guys suck so much because I thought I’d be okay with just one or two but noooo there are more records I need in my life. And it’s all because of you.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Foam Monkey posted:

I’m going to sit here all super salty and stuff because I only wanted one record. And now I’m buying more.

You guys suck so much because I thought I’d be okay with just one or two but noooo there are more records I need in my life. And it’s all because of you.

I constantly discourage people from getting into record collecting for this exact reason.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I’m listening to records right now!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Keep buying records to listen to more records.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

dorium posted:

Keep buying records to listen to more records.

its the only tactic that works

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hi my name's wuggles, I post in Games. I was told to come post my Bugsnax vinyl display here.

Also pictured: the print from the Vinyl Me Please release of Pinkerton, which is basically the only wall art I've owned for five years much to the delight of my girlfriend.

I also got the Undertale 5th anniversary soundtrack today, have absolutely no idea how I'm going to display it. So much of both sides of the sleeves are great art.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gaming LP's belong in a museum!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
SO DO YOU!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

wuggles posted:

Hi my name's wuggles, I post in Games. I was told to come post my Bugsnax vinyl display here.

Also pictured: the print from the Vinyl Me Please release of Pinkerton, which is basically the only wall art I've owned for five years much to the delight of my girlfriend.

I also got the Undertale 5th anniversary soundtrack today, have absolutely no idea how I'm going to display it. So much of both sides of the sleeves are great art.

These are both fantastic

The bugsnax looks way brighter in the picture here: https://www.iam8bit.com/products/bugsnax-7

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BigFactory posted:

I’m listening to records right now!

Me, too.

I'm listening to this:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Athanatos posted:

The bugsnax looks way brighter in the picture here: https://www.iam8bit.com/products/bugsnax-7

It's partially translucent and those product shots are against a light box

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Forgot to drop my uDiscover order in here:

All total for under 20$ including shipping. 808 having the CD with it is neat too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm all done building my new setup. Waiting on the last piece to come in and then its setup and play time!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Athanatos posted:

Forgot to drop my uDiscover order in here:

All total for under 20$ including shipping. 808 having the CD with it is neat too.

Ahh, the ‘stank. A bold move.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

BigFactory posted:

Ahh, the ‘stank. A bold move.

Couldn't pass up 6 bucks shipped and in white, no matter the band. It's a really great sounding press too.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Couldn't pass up 6 bucks shipped and in white, no matter the band. It's a really great sounding press too.

The whole purchase was worth it simply for the Bobby Brown Ghostbuster II theme song.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

CPL593H posted:

The whole purchase was worth it simply for the Bobby Brown Ghostbuster II theme song.

The entire album is lowkey 80s rap songs about ghosts and haunting and then ends on Higher and Higher. It's amazing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Athanatos posted:

The entire album is lowkey 80s rap songs about ghosts and haunting and then ends on Higher and Higher. It's amazing.

Oh poo poo, how did I forget higher and higher? I kind of want this LP now. A couple years ago I bought the first films OST and I thought it was going to have the score but it's all just lovely 80s pop rock songs and of course the Ray Parker song. It was only a buck though so I don't really care, it was just disappointing.

On a related note, I was at a car wash a while back and they have a thing that sprays pink foam on the car and you better loving believe I was singing "Higher and higher".

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My Beyonce Homecoming came today. I thought it was a bit overpriced but it really is a hell of a nice package.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Support your local shops

https://twitter.com/gileadmedia/status/1336790431363960835

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yep, this is why i still went out on RSD despite covid and have probably had my most expensive year on discogs buying from shops I enjoyed around the country. shits rough.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I know if I got another $1,200 check I'd use it to buy more records.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

I found a box of records hidden away in my parents' house. I've never physically interacted with records and can't recall ever hearing my parents play these, but a few jumped out (Duran Duran's Rio and two copies of Seven and the Ragged Tiger, because The Reflex is just that good). Very excited to have a potential new hobby!

My best find was definitely this Lionel Richie album, which I admittedly only picked up because he's looking fine as hell on the back cover:

But the gatefold is really something else

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for posting the gatefold.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

don't just pick it up because of the look, it's also a good record for listening to

but the gatefold is next-level, yes

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hexwren posted:

don't just pick it up because of the look, it's also a good record for listening to

Yeah it’s great. Some all-timers on there.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

That's the reason gatefold record frames exist.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

After that album came out there should have never been a gatefold again because why even try? They reached the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I nearly forgot I ordered this what the golf soundtrack when I finally got the shipping notification.

Art feels familiar but I can't put my finger on it

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 10, 2020