Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Fanks for rattin' me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The rat created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Giant Rat Stalks New York?

NEW YORK -- In recent weeks a rash of mutilated corpses -- many of them found near docks, subways, or sewers -- had garnered nothing but indifference from the NYPD. "Isolated and unremarkable" in the words of one police spokesperson. But while the police seem content to categorize these horrible crimes as nothing more than simple cases of homicide or suicide among the poor and indigent, eyewitness accounts tell a different and all together more frightening story. "'is a monster, 'nnit?" says Dickie Cork, a sailor aboard the Matilda Briggs out of Sumatra. "Thing looked like a rat, it did, only it was big, 'bout the size of a lion or sumthin'."

Numerous other witnesses all telling remarkably similar accounts of the creature have come forward in recent weeks, but the police refuse to act calling the descriptions "ludicrous" without any further investigation. But regardless of the truth, the police choose to sit idly by as the killings continue and poor, law-abiding citizens pay the price.

-- Joe Greene, Senior Staff Writer

e: line breaks

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 30, 2020

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

code:
RAT FOUND YOU!!!
 RAT FOUND YOU!!!
  RAT FOUND YOU!!!
   RAT FOUND YOU!!!
    RAT FOUND YOU!!!
     RAT FOUND YOU!!!
      RAT FOUND YOU!!!
       RAT FOUND YOU!!!
        RAT FOUND YOU!!!
        RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
       RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
      RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
     RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
    RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
   RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
  RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
 RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

or better than kings

rats

better than rats

rat kings

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I am...

We...

Ra-a-a-a-a-ts...

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

World War Mammories posted:

better than rats

rat kings

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Once the rat bites, you've already lost the patient.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I already explained it, old man. Your girl? She needs me. She don't got an education, and all you got to give her is a game killin' rats.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Take your best shot, Ratlander woman.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

"No. I wanted Roquefort. It gave me Kraft Singles!"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I never ratsed for this

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
You are a small, prowling rat... and dumb like a rat! You keep coming, like you forget about Agent Navarat. I remember Agent Navarat. I remember for everyone.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

barbecue at the folks posted:

Take your best shot, Ratlander woman.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wanted oratge! It gave me lemur-lime.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey here's a stupid question. Is it worth carrying both the Plasma rifle and the GEP Gun or should I ditch the GEP Gun?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Taintrunner posted:

Hey here's a stupid question. Is it worth carrying both the Plasma rifle and the GEP Gun or should I ditch the GEP Gun?

third option

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drop the GEP gun (wait don’t throw things at me), pick up the plasma rifle, melt faces until you’re out of ammo, go back for the GEP gun.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Taintrunner posted:

The plasma rifle isn't great. The projectiles aren't too fast so it's not useful against mobile foes at long range, but it also has splash damage so you can't use it point blank.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

And the GEP gun is the best lock pit.

Also phosphorus rockets.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Those things have got to be some sort of war crime.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Those things have got to be some sort of war crime.

Remember that we're police.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

White Prodsphorus

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Gynovore posted:

The plasma rifle isn't great. The projectiles aren't too fast so it's not useful against mobile foes at long range, but it also has splash damage so you can't use it point blank.

If you get the patch that fixes the damage the Plasma Rifle is an absurd death cannon. In the last official patch Ion Storm accidentally gave the singleplayer plasma rifle (and PS20) the multiplayer damage values, which are like a quarter or a tenth of the damage, something really low. You don't need direct hits to kill with it then.

Otherwise yeah it's trash don't bother.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Get Biomod and use the railgun instead.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

By the time you get to plasma you're technically a terrorist so...

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
NEW DIALOGUE ALERT - Playing Biomod I maxed out Athletics and ran past Paul. Alex warns you Paul has important things to tell you and suggests you go back. Twenty years of heavy play and I've never heard that one. It isn't in the gamefaqs script.

edit: also after you run past and Alex's dialogue stops Paul starts to follow you. I lead him all the way to the security bot with Paul engaging every enemy along the way. Have also never done that.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

fuckpot posted:

NEW DIALOGUE ALERT - Playing Biomod I maxed out Athletics and ran past Paul. Alex warns you Paul has important things to tell you and suggests you go back. Twenty years of heavy play and I've never heard that one. It isn't in the gamefaqs script.

edit: also after you run past and Alex's dialogue stops Paul starts to follow you. I lead him all the way to the security bot with Paul engaging every enemy along the way. Have also never done that.

This gives me an idea- can you swim around liberty island? Is the map large enough sideways that you can swim from the starting pier to the other dock? This would be a way to evade Paul.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Nah, the bodies of water aren't connected.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did y’all forget about jojoinnit’s achievement last year?

jojoinnit posted:

And I did it! I brought Paul all the way to the top of the statue where he waited dumbly once I climbed the ladder to talk to the NSF commander:

After the conversation he spawns over to the UNATCO doors of course. Strangely enough you guys were wrong. Everyone is praising me for not massacring anyone:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What a game

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

fuckpot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ubWxcj2FU

Oh, and apparently the Ultimate Playhthrough was actually updated a while ago? No more hours spent crouching behind crates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmv4mHC_EDc

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 16, 2020

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I only knew about the Paul thing from the Sunglasses at Night comedy guide which has to be at least 15 years old now.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

another dialogue that alex can supposedly say is "you're getting colder" but I've never figured out how to trigger it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did y’all forget about jojoinnit’s achievement last year?

Holy poo poo, that dialogue. How have I never gotten that?? How the gently caress am I still learning poo poo about Liberty Island????

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

double nine posted:

another dialogue that alex can supposedly say is "you're getting colder" but I've never figured out how to trigger it.

IIRC you get this from walking into his office, then walking back out without talking to him.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
that is cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Is this the thread where I complain about Mankind Divided? Because I just started playing it for the first time and the control are... not good. Also serious case of "where the gently caress am I supposed to go" syndrome.