Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they sure are taking forever to commence the invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

They're having second thoughts after they took a gander at my lovecraftian rear end in a top hat

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhgnkQoPqQ

hmm

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why would they want to invade?

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
SHOOT DOWN A UFO AND CRACK OPEN THE GOOEY INSIDES LIKE A SLIMEY OYSTER

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I remember seeing that a few years back and thinking that looks like a drone, probably something somebody whipped up from hobbyking parts and flew remotely. It doesn't show any flight characteristics that tell me otherwise. I'd like to see somebody do a speed analysis from the video, it doesn't look like it's going much more than 60kph and it doesn't look very large either.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Tarkus posted:

I remember seeing that a few years back and thinking that looks like a drone, probably something somebody whipped up from hobbyking parts and flew remotely. It doesn't show any flight characteristics that tell me otherwise. I'd like to see somebody do a speed analysis from the video, it doesn't look like it's going much more than 60kph and it doesn't look very large either.

well some goobers did a thorough analysis on it, which you can read here. fucks me if it's correct. lots of pages and graphs. the interesting part though is the radar pinging.

that pdf is a good insomnia cure too, so have a look if you're in the need for a snooze

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Halloween Liker posted:

SHOOT DOWN A UFO AND CRACK OPEN THE GOOEY INSIDES LIKE A SLIMEY OYSTER

Pretty much yeah. I'm not gonna pretend I'm not filled with uncontrollable bloodlust for these gray fuckers. Just coming here uninvited and flying around in OUR sky anonymously like it belongs to them, molesting our poor farmers and cattle, making us wonder about who they are and what they are doing. There is gonna be a reckoning, trust me. They will pay in blood for all of this

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

well.

I mean..it doesn't look like poo poo to me.

However, I'll say this; if I saw it rise up out of the ocean and saw it fly up into space right in front of me I'd probably be pretty non-plussed.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

according to the "when the ufo war happens" documentary i watched the resource they're after is protein. giant collector ships will go around sucking up everything with an amino acid.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If they want to suck our dicks i don't really see the need for war

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why do the two Trump failsons travel around half the world to slaughter a helpless elephant? The answer is self-esteem issues, feeling emasculated, male fragility and sadistic tendencies, but none of these concepts would mean anything to an alien. The alien would just see two bozos cruising around the planet and shooting at helpless elephants. The same way we can't ever really understand why aliens would invade or probe us. We just have to accept that they are here, they are hostile and they can't be bargained with. And we need to stop them by force. Now. And the nuclear option should be on the table too

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

GABA ghoul posted:

Pretty much yeah. I'm not gonna pretend I'm not filled with uncontrollable bloodlust for these gray fuckers. Just coming here uninvited and flying around in OUR sky anonymously like it belongs to them, molesting our poor farmers and cattle, making us wonder about who they are and what they are doing. There is gonna be a reckoning, trust me. They will pay in blood for all of this

The UFOs are doing the jobs that no one else wants to do. In this case it's molesting our farmers and cattle.

naem
May 29, 2011

according to the "when the ufo war happens" documentary i watched the resource they're after is protein. giant collector ships will go around sucking up everything with an amino acid.

beans and rice have a compete set of amino acids

beans and any whole grain

just grow beans guys

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Icochet posted:

If they want to suck our dicks i don't really see the need for war

naem posted:

just grow beans guys

yeah the point was like "what resource does earth have that is worth the bother."

I like the idea that they're not aliens, they're interdimensional and distant human ancestors trying to prevent their extinction and that's why they gave barney hill a handjob in the doctor's office

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Swamp gas. Swamp ape. It all makes sense :hmmyes:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
No one ever considered that swamp gas is UFO exhaust

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s actually swamp rear end not gas.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

The philosophical questions behind a species of superior intelligence existing on our planet, underwater, are pretty interesting. We are making GBS threads in their places if so. How do they feel about that? Being of superior intelligence they must be able to comprehend our societies, languages, ideas, et al, because even a three year old human can do some of that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I thought Bob Lazar had been debunked to hell

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

naem posted:

just grow beans guys

Yeah orbital hydroponic farming. Never bother dipping in and out of a gravity well. Depending one what exactly they need, we could introduce them to the yeasts and algae 70s scifi promised me we'd all be eating in the future.

Space aliens would have easy access to asteroid minerals and nearly infinite solar power, I just don't see what they get out of invading planets.

I mean, obviously they are butt stuff enthusiasts. But you don't need to invade for butt stuff.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

i am harry posted:

The philosophical questions behind a species of superior intelligence existing on our planet, underwater, are pretty interesting. We are making GBS threads in their places if so. How do they feel about that? Being of superior intelligence they must be able to comprehend our societies, languages, ideas, et al, because even a three year old human can do some of that.

If they evolved there then they aren't aliens. They are just damp earthlings. :colbert:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I wonder at what point they'll just reveal themselves to us and be like "can you bastards stop trying to shoot us down? You got lucky that one time in 1947 but Gl'eegl'ox was pretty drunk and shouldn't have been flying around anyways."

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think I saw a post from a goon a while back that said their relative who lived in the country had a UFO floating over their front yard, so they grabbed a shotgun and started shooting at it. Then a super bright spotlight shined on the guy and a voice came over a loudspeaker and said “STOP SHOOTING AT US!!!!!!”. Makes me laugh

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Aliens in ships? Turns out we need a roof, not a wall.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Tetramin posted:

I think I saw a post from a goon a while back that said their relative who lived in the country had a UFO floating over their front yard, so they grabbed a shotgun and started shooting at it. Then a super bright spotlight shined on the guy and a voice came over a loudspeaker and said “STOP SHOOTING AT US!!!!!!”. Makes me laugh

Aliens back home:

“ yeah so those earthling humanoids...kinda dicks, right?”

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

naem posted:

just grow beans guys

Like with humans, the cruelty is the point.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

naem posted:

just grow beans guys

Sometimes you gotta suck the amino acids from the root

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I have a straw they can use

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When you think about it all invasions here on earth have been about a bunch of dudes wanting to suck off an another bunch of dudes but not being able to communicate it constructively

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBvBXFEFC8U

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Tetramin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

I can’t believe Bill Cooper was right about UFOs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Bananana posted:

Aliens real.
Real gay.

-Halo Chief

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Just woke up to a friend's text saying his theory is that the weird monolith things showing up have been viral marketing for GTA6, and now I feel like I'm crazy because it feels like this already happened

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol I used to hang with those guys in highschool, can't believe that's still around.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

If they evolved there then they aren't aliens. They are just damp earthlings. :colbert:

I didn’t say that, just presumed that underwater is where they currently are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Simone Magus posted:

Just woke up to a friend's text saying his theory is that the weird monolith things showing up have been viral marketing for GTA6, and now I feel like I'm crazy because it feels like this already happened

Isn't it crushingly depressing to realise that for anything weird or mysterious that happens viral marketing is the most likely explanation?