Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

inferis posted:

well I woke up achy and with diarrhea and I feel like I might have a fever but I don’t have a thermometer, currently at work alternating between shivering and sweating

..at work.. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I don’t even drink

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

inferis posted:

well I woke up achy and with diarrhea and I feel like I might have a fever but I don’t have a thermometer, currently at work alternating between shivering and sweating

oh good, you went to work anyway

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

to my coworkers covid doesn’t exist, last week I watched four members of district safety and two supervisors stand right next to each other and pull down their masks to talk

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

had a patient's caretaker come in to get a replacement antibiotic for levaquin because the patient had an adverse reaction, i asked the nature of the adverse reaction so i could document it on her file and turns out the patient went after the caretaker with a knife because her fluoroquinolone caused drug induced psychosis

also had a guy tell me he couldn't take mexilitine because it literally made him want to kill his wife

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

someone was asking about the tri city area yesterday.

Johnson City is about to bring in ANOTHER refrigerated truck to expand their morgue capacity.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

El Mero Mero posted:

hmmmm let's see how Wyoming's doing:

working hard, thank you!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Spoondick posted:

had a patient's caretaker come in to get a replacement antibiotic for levaquin because the patient had an adverse reaction, i asked the nature of the adverse reaction so i could document it on her file and turns out the patient went after the caretaker with a knife because her fluoroquinolone caused drug induced psychosis

also had a guy tell me he couldn't take mexilitine because it literally made him want to kill his wife

Adverse reaction: Stabbing

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

inferis posted:

to my coworkers covid doesn’t exist, last week I watched four members of district safety and two supervisors stand right next to each other and pull down their masks to talk

If you go to ghost land will you come back and haunt me for a sec and let me know if they change their mind? Trying to test a theory here

El Mero Mero posted:

hmmmm let's see how Wyoming's doing:

Fight wyoming fight!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

inferis posted:

I don’t even drink

:frogout:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"[M]y ONLY intention of posting the video was it raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains and what we are putting in our bodies,” she added. “Nothing else.”

that's definitely conspiracy poo poo. What it contains? Shut the gently caress up you dumbass celebrity

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Ok well I see the trolls are invading this thread too. I can't deal with that right now on top of eveything else so I'm bowing out. Kinda sucks to lose the only place where I didn't feel constantly gaslit.

Thanks for everything y'all, and good luck :h:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

actionjackson posted:

"[M]y ONLY intention of posting the video was it raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains and what we are putting in our bodies,” she added. “Nothing else.”

that's definitely conspiracy poo poo. What it contains? Shut the gently caress up you dumbass celebrity

Hollywood Celebs are insufferable especially when they need to chime in on their junk science beliefs.

Also many Anti Vaxxer got validation for their junk science beliefs because many hollywood celebs spread anti-Vaxxer talk points over social media.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

actionjackson posted:

lol thats always a bullshit way of saying "i am a piece of poo poo but afraid of getting called out"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

inferis posted:

ty 4 ur service

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CredulousAtBest posted:

lol thats always a bullshit way of saying "i am a piece of poo poo but afraid of getting called out"

Then they usually whine and double down after getting called out for having Junk Science dumb LA celeb beliefs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

was north dakota just from that loving motorcycle bullshit?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d6Rj7SMjpA

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

was north dakota just from that loving motorcycle bullshit?

well look at the graph, the smashmouth concert was August 9th

inferis has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Dec 5, 2020

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snake and bake posted:

Ok well I see the trolls are invading this thread too. I can't deal with that right now on top of eveything else so I'm bowing out. Kinda sucks to lose the only place where I didn't feel constantly gaslit.

Thanks for everything y'all, and good luck :h:

what trolls?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

fosborb posted:

what trolls?

its u

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
n9oooooioooooo

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Mirthless posted:

The last time I did it, the morgue was actually out in the loading bay area closer to the facilities department, but I did get MRSA in my balls so it's not like I didn't get a learning experience about how lovely the job is the first time around anyway

balls store more than covid it seems

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

I'm only going to post this here, not where the 'others' frequent. Wouldn't be surprised if TheDonald.poo poo is talking about it already.

So Clinton, Bush and Obama get the 'vaccine' on stage live, but super easy for one or 2 people to just switch in saline shots with the right labels on them! Mind blown yet?!

e; i don't believe this but i bet i could make them!

After Obama wetting his lips on Flint water, this would be a super easy narrative to push.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Spoondick posted:

what the gently caress

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

actionjackson posted:

She was supposed to take over as Black Panther after Chadwick died. Wonder if that is still on? Way to social-media your way out of a multi-million multi-year cash cow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tennessee literally using the National guard.

quote:

As the surging coronavirus outbreak threatens to overwhelm Tennessee’s health care infrastructure, Gov. Bill Lee invoked emergency authority allowing National Guard members to be sent to hospitals as nurses, COVID-19 testers or ambulance drivers.

According to Executive Order 68, issued Friday, guardsmembers will only be given these duties if they have “appropriate training or skills” and the assignment is approved by Guard Adjutant General Jeff Holmes and state Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...0z7dveoUZ0YL41Q

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

navyjack posted:

She was supposed to take over as Black Panther after Chadwick died. Wonder if that is still on? Way to social-media your way out of a multi-million multi-year cash cow.

Disney is very good at ignoring problematic takes.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
That brings up something I hadn't thought of - I haven't heard any mention when the US military will get the COVID vaccine

You'd think that would be first priority, but lol America

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

it's very impressive to me that we live in a society that can be in a healthcare crisis so severe that it requires military mobilization, yet still large segments of the population behave as if nothing is happening

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

it's very impressive to me that we live in a society that can be in a healthcare crisis so severe that it requires military mobilization, yet still large segments of the population behave as if nothing is happening

ill tell ya whats happening commie. freedom.:gamefreak::gamefreak:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

Including leadership of both parties at every level, the very people calling out the guard.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

We have had people in this thread post stories about patients being intubated due to covid and still loudly denying that they have the disease—or that it even exists. Same thing, different scale.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

someone was asking about the tri city area yesterday.

Johnson City is about to bring in ANOTHER refrigerated truck to expand their morgue capacity.

mask compliance around here has been complete dogshit for the last few months. love drivin around downtown and seeing all the restaurants completely packed. and it gets way worse when you leave the liberal-ish confines of JC

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Grundulum posted:

We have had people in this thread post stories about patients being intubated due to covid and still loudly denying that they have the disease—or that it even exists. Same thing, different scale.

my bf is a nurse and the covid infected skeptic patients will just leave their rooms and walk through the whole hospital to go outside and smoke

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/acedia-the-lost-name-for-the-emotion-we-re-all-feeling-right-now?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This was on the front page of Firefox today, but I've always been a homebody, so I'm doing the same as I ever was.

Back in college, I was living beyond my means, so after not going anywhere to focus on school all semester, I didn't have any money for recreational bus fare after break ended, so I'd stay in my apartment for a few months. I applied to like 25 places and had six interviews but no one hired me. I wish I'd thought to apply to an unemployment agency. Those places set you up easily

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 18:55 on Dec 5, 2020

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

inferis posted:

my bf is a nurse and the covid infected skeptic patients will just leave their rooms and walk through the whole hospital to go outside and smoke

Do hospitals allow sedation in the name of protecting a patient? I assume sedation would be more humane than just strapping people to the bed.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

Will you accept a Buffalo Wild wings unlimited wings special as well?

Enough drinks in me and I'll go to town on them wings

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it’s a very ‘progressive’ hospital so the patient has agency about just about everything including treatments

they intentionally leave wiggle room in the policies so nurses have to do a lot of poo poo that there isn’t clear guidance on when the hospital doesn’t want to create actual policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the contraction of social behavior seems to be happening around the nyc neighborhood I live in (went to do a grocery pick up on a Friday night and the only thing on the sidewalks were the scores of gig delivery bikers), it's the same vibe as March with 0 of the official messaging or media-boosted panic stories or even hints of a govt interested in responding to crisis and it's so bizarre. time for Individual Responsibility to pwn the poo poo out of this baby virus.