Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

NBA knows not to mass with Trillionaire Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm sure this low hanging fruit is scraping the ground, but....

:sigh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ICR posted:

Oh this is awesome.

Scorpio and Alex Gracia. Guessing they met while on the job!

https://twitter.com/alexgracia3/status/1335059792365154305?s=21

Cyberpunk 2077's screenshot mode looking great.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

AEW partnership with hoodslam when? Get it done, Tone.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Stoner Bros vs Butcher/Blade would rule

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I love how much he openly hates MJF. It’s genuinely refreshing to have a wrestling commentator have human preferences.

not Tony but my favourite JR call is when he calls MJF a boil on the rear end of pro-wrestling

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

CobiWann posted:

Cyberpunk 2077's screenshot mode looking great.

This post made me look it up and I suddenly might buy it in release week AAAAA

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I got spoiled on the title change, and on Sting showing up, but I'm glad I got to be surprised Omega was going to TNT. I'm a big fan of dumb angles, and you can't get dumber than an invasion.
I believe the story w/ Britt Baker is she's an insecure wrestling snob, but going from the two data points we have it might be that Britt Baker hates immigrants.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I am going to pretend that Tony had no clue Sting was coming out and his reaction was legit.

I may be a fool, but I don't see why hiding Sting from the announce desk would be impossible, and seems like something they'd make the effort to do.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Finished the Young Bucks book last night, real quick and easy read and ended up making me appreciate the work they’ve been doing in AEW as someone who didn’t come back to wrestling until AEW launched. Don’t know if there’s much there for anyone who’s already aware of their story though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I am going to pretend that Tony had no clue Sting was coming out and his reaction was legit.

He said on the post show he had no idea and prefers when they don't tell him that stuff so his reaction can be more natural. So "IT'S STIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!" was his legit response.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

He said on the post show he had no idea and prefers when they don't tell him that stuff so his reaction can be more natural. So "IT'S STIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!" was his legit response.

Wait I remember him saying he did know about Sting but maybe I just misheard.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

duckdealer posted:

Wait I remember him saying he did know about Sting but maybe I just misheard.

I may be conflating it with the impact stuff? I was only half paying attention to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got 135 votes in the poll. seems like a fine amount. lurkers post

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vince MechMahon posted:

jerry lawler also did this and it made him the worst announcer in the world

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1335268422452572162?s=21

lol that Cody Chhun is the first of AEW’s “we already have a dude with that name.”

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 5, 2020

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jon Cruz and Michael Nakazawa vs. The Acclaimed made me say "oh no" out loud in my empty home. That is going to be amazing.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

rantmo posted:

Jon Cruz and Michael Nakazawa vs. The Acclaimed made me say "oh no" out loud in my empty home. That is going to be amazing.

I can only imagine the insights on Nakazawa's thong and riffing on Jon Cruz and Serpentico.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1335268422452572162?s=21

lol that Cody Chhun is the first of AEW’s “we already have a dude with that name.”

counterprogramming their partnership already smdh

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

ozymandius1024 posted:

Jon Cruz and Serpentico.

The forbidden portal I'm most interested in seeing addressed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

jerry lawler also did this and it made him the worst announcer in the world

Jerry also doesn't watch or care about the product he's on. And is a paedophile.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Shawn Dean, Sean Maluta, & Ryzin v. Gunn Club
Pres10 Vance v. Aaron Solow
Peter Avalon v Louie Valle
Baron Black v. Sonny Kiss
Brian Cage v. Danny Limelight
Sotheara Chhun & VSK v TH2
Jon Cruz & Nakazawa v. The Acclaimed
Diamante v. Tesha Price
Colt Cabana & Alex Reynolds v. Varsity Blondes
Falco & Mike Magnum v. Jurassic Express - with Jungle Boy so Marko's in the ring for this one
Freya States v. Shanna
Fuego del Sol v. Brandon Cutler
Alex Gracia v. Nyla Rose
Skyler Moore v. Ivelisse
Big Swole v. Lindsay Snow
Red Velvet V. Dani Jordyn

Looks like they'll be bumping into Impact after all.

rantmo posted:

The forbidden portal I'm most interested in seeing addressed.

Remember when Matt Hardy got locked into a freezer so he could change into a different decade's ring gear - Serpentico could probably take the mask on and off as he runs to the other side of the ring.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've been a fan of Sting since the surfer days and because I think AEW has earned the slack being given to them to see how they handle his character I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. How WWE used him was tragic even without the injuries so hopefully it goes well and he's happy with his decision to come into the company.

AEW openly working with other companies is another step in the opposite direction from WWE and that seems like a great idea too. Having talent from around the world that you can call on to keep things fresh and exciting is a hell of a play. WWE may pretend to ignore AEW like they have with every other company but it's far harder to ignore when you're basically facing most of the other promotions in the world all at once now. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE has entered negotiations to buy some of the smaller promotions already just to keep working relationships from happening.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

where the gently caress is bear country????

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Procrastinator posted:

Probably taped for next week.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
anyone know why they only sell DVDs of the PPVs and not blurays? seems weird to not have both as an option or something

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Procrastinator posted:

Any changing room with Arn Anderson in it

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Probably taped for next week.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Does Impact start at eight? Maybe there should be a joint Impact/Dark thread next week, it's going to be a unique night for wrestling and I think a standalone thread would be appropriate.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/rebeltanea/status/1335067017355866114?s=21

Building to a Leyla squash of Rebel is a real monkey’s paw situation given the last time they ran a Rebel squash.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
6 women’s matches in dark, nice.

Tesha Price seems like someone they may have under contract. Her wrestling isn’t there yet, but I like her.

Have we seen Freya States before?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jordan7hm posted:

Tesha Price seems like someone they may have under contract. Her wrestling isn’t there yet, but I like her.

Nope, looks like she’s Alaska based and usually wrestles as Freya the Slaya. Billed at 6’1”, so between her and Jenna, looks like they’re looking to get at least one last hoss developing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder if Freya will come out to the same weird dance music as Fenrir.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Nope, looks like she’s Alaska based and usually wrestles as Freya the Slaya. Billed at 6’1”, so between her and Jenna, looks like they’re looking to get at least one last hoss developing.

Her and Dani Jordyn had a match on NWA in their trying to find the next talent show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

It's really good to see them using Dark to give the women's roster practice. This is also a rare Dark with more women's matches than tag matches.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

As long as Snow keeps coming back, that’s a great sign.

The Jordyn and Freya thing was a miss for me when it happened. However, I think Jordyn is in a completely different place now and upped her stock and I will assume Freya even getting a look means there is an interest and it’s time to gauge it.

Jordyn is a lock for AEW anyway and is just continuing to train at Nightmare Factory.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Leva Bates's new theme sounds like it's out of a very specific PS1-era JRPG and I can't place it and it's driving me insane

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Don't forget KiLynn in the developing hoss stable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

anyone know why they only sell DVDs of the PPVs and not blurays? seems weird to not have both as an option or something
Yeah I would buy blus ray of all the AEW PPVs just to have them in better-than-streaming quality, but idk if a regular old DVD would be worth it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe the story w/ Britt Baker is she's an insecure wrestling snob, but going from the two data points we have it might be that Britt Baker hates immigrants.
Yeah, Britt telling Rosa and Leyla that "they don't belong here" is a bit uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I never want to see that tag team with the awful John Cena rap ever again