Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Look at this idiot who missed stealing the sweetroll.

e: I'm being informed that the sweetroll actually clips through the floor when you start up a file, disregard

Your avatar rocks, btw. Good ol' Morpheus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

I watched another leaked video, this time from ps5 and much better captured (nad 60fps too!). It was just the first 9 minutes of the streetkid path so nothing spoilery. It was interesting in that I recognized a dozen screenshots from CDPR or moments from past trailers, without context one could think they were from a dozen different places and moments, but no, it's was all from the same freaking 9 minutes, lol.

watched this as well, starting to think this game may actually be good

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Can't believe I can't enter every single office and apartment block in the city cancelling my preorder.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Humerus posted:

Skill spoilers:

It's interesting that pistols and SMGs are different skills, I was hoping they would share so I could do a mostly pistol but sometimes SMG run. I'm planning stealth though so maybe pistol and nanowire run.

I honestly LOVE this. If all guns are the same skills you end up using whatever guns are the most DPS, aka SMGs and Rifles. But by having SMGs and Rifles be one tree, and pistols... are I don't know, shared with sniper rifles or something? That changes a lot and creates new build viability.

And honestly I was already saying before that I'm probably going to do a pistols-heavy run first. In a setting like this, walking around with a pistol just feels right (blade runner) and I feel like always min/maxing the biggest gun is against the spirit of truly roleplaying. Plus having to aim and count your shots just feels more rewarding.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
In Cyberpunk 2077 you can live out your fantasy of walking in to a random corporate skyscraper, pressing a random button in the elevator, walking in to an accounting firm and cooking your salmon and rice lunch in the break room microwave.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Please don't post anything that could be construed as spoiling mechanics or progression stuff without spoiler tags. Especially when we're still in the pre-release period. It's super easy to just put the tags on anything that might be questionable just to be on the safe side for our fellow posters.

The problem with this is the official videos posted by CDPR have included almost all of the details we've been talking about. The devs already spoiled the mechanics, its just story that hasn't been fully spoiled yet.

It seems weird to hold the thread to a higher standard than the devs, especially when its extremely natural to post the dev trailers ITT as they come out, and we've been doing so all year.

These mechanics are only spoilers if you missed some of the trailers.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Nondescript Van posted:

In Cyberpunk 2077 you can live out your fantasy of walking in to a random corporate skyscraper, pressing a random button in the elevator, walking in to an accounting firm and cooking your salmon and rice lunch in the break room microwave.

microwaving fish in a public space is a little too lawless even for a cyberpunk dystopia

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nondescript Van posted:

If nuking fish in the office microwave isn't punk then I don't know what is

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

FallenGod posted:

*running up 30 flights of stairs to reach the roof in Warzone*

such breathtaking gameplay, imagine if you could enter every floor instead of 3 of them

That one stair climbing sequence scene from FFVII only its 70% of the game now

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I was going to say the ladder climb from snake eater but how do you climb a ladder with knives for hands?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
If it's a wooden ladder just dig into the wood with your knife hands.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Is this game optimized for PS5/XSX on launch or is that coming later?

Haven't tracked down a new console but I'd rather play it on the TV with a controller. Might dig out the Steam link...

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

When everyone realizes this is first person watchdogs it's gonna be hilarious

cdrs writing and quest design would have to fall off a cliff for that to be true

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Someone in Resetera finished the game. Easy mode, he did barely a few sidequests so he rushed the main quest, 22 hours. I don't know how much stealth vs action he used, I feel that can change a lot the playtime.

See? I can use spoilers for dramatic effect.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I still can't deside if I am making a doom marine or stealthy hacker.

Doom marine with hacking?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Sedisp posted:

I still can't deside if I am making a doom marine or stealthy hacker.

Doom marine with hacking?

Deffo doing doom marine myself, stealth and hacky stuff usually feels kind of stiff and non-intuitive in most games. Hopefully it wont be!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Escape Goat posted:

Is this game optimized for PS5/XSX on launch or is that coming later?

Haven't tracked down a new console but I'd rather play it on the TV with a controller. Might dig out the Steam link...

It will look better on a PS5 than on a PS4 Pro at launch, however an even better PS5 version will be coming after launch.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Turin Turambar posted:

Someone in Resetera finished the game. Easy mode, he did barely a few sidequests so he rushed the main quest, 22 hours. I don't know how much stealth vs action he used, I feel that can change a lot the playtime.

Seems like just about the right length imo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

AEMINAL posted:

Deffo doing doom marine myself, stealth and hacky stuff usually feels kind of stiff and non-intuitive in most games. Hopefully it wont be!

Its just gonna be the magic runes from Witcher basically. Hacking in Cyberpunk 2077 is your magic system. So it won't feel all that stiff, it'll just feel like firing off biotics in Mass Effect.

I guess maybe that's stiff to you though.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

stealth (hacking) archer (sniper)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

doing a corpo sweet talking pistol shooty girl to start.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Will the main character try to sound like Wolverine, and constantly say terse things like, "Yen," and "Triss," using said Wolverine voice, and have a gruff and unapproachable mercenary-like exterior but actually have a strong moral center and need to right what is wrong?

Sorry, I also just got done watching the latest episode of The Mandalorian.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

doing whatever gets me to dismembering and killing corpos as fast as possible

the real question is the cosmic choice between penis 1 and penis 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

Your avatar rocks, btw. Good ol' Morpheus.

Thanks. It's just a picture of me.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
If you're not hackin' you're slackin'
so get crack-a-lackin'
but don't forget your heat
when you hit the street

Listen up, V's the name
punkin' cyber fools is the game
braindancin', upgradin'
violence escalatin'
in the silverhand's mind
it's the corpos I'm hatin'

decked out with cyberware
Multi-colored pubic hair
chippin' in without a care
zero fucks from this stare

blazing through the town
lettin' the bird fly free
could you help me man
I'm looking for penis 3

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Lastdancer posted:

If you're not hackin' you're slackin'
so get crack-a-lackin'
but don't forget your heat
when you hit the street

Listen up, V's the name
punkin' cyber fools is the game
braindancin', upgradin'
violence escalatin'
in the silverhand's mind
it's the corpos I'm hatin'

decked out with cyberware
Multi-colored pubic hair
chippin' in without a care
zero fucks from this stare

blazing through the town
lettin' the bird fly free
could you help me man
I'm looking for penis 3

:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I've asked about this before (and maybe it was answered and I just missed it), but has CDPR said anything about modding tools or support?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks. It's just a picture of me.

hey just so you know everyone in the MTG Arena thread thought that you died

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Max Wilco posted:

I've asked about this before (and maybe it was answered and I just missed it), but has CDPR said anything about modding tools or support?

Not sure if they did or not but considering people went and modded Witcher 3 unless there is some strangeness in 2077 I'd be surprised if there wasn't some modding going on as time continues on.

PC version of course.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I don't think so? I expect something like in TW3: some limited mod tools, a time after release.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

You spoiled that the game length is 2 digits

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Please Max Tac was my father's name. Call me Maximillian Tactics

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Did anyone post the link to the street kid start video?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Turin Turambar posted:

Speaking of which, that place has completely poo poo the bed. The poor guy that was going to make the CP2077 thread got hounded for not jumping through enough hoops for some people that want the game and company entirely banned. If it happens I'd be surprised at this point, I regret my action of every trying to defend that site in a previous post.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

The Last Call posted:

Not sure if they did or not but considering people went and modded Witcher 3 unless there is some strangeness in 2077 I'd be surprised if there wasn't some modding going on as time continues on.

PC version of course.

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't think so? I expect something like in TW3: some limited mod tools, a time after release.

I was just curious, since modding tools have largely disappeared in the last decade. With any kind of RPG (especially one based off a tabletop setting), I expect people to make custom quests or translate stuff from splatbooks to add in more content. Without mod tools, though, it seems like it would make that process harder (if not impossible) for people to do, outside of those who know how to hack that sort of thing into the game files.

Escape Goat posted:

You spoiled that the game length is 2 digits

But is there a boat in the game? Is it a cyber-boat?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Max Wilco posted:

I was just curious, since modding tools have largely disappeared in the last decade. With any kind of RPG (especially one based off a tabletop setting), I expect people to make custom quests or translate stuff from splatbooks to add in more content. Without mod tools, though, it seems like it would make that process harder (if not impossible) for people to do, outside of those who know how to hack that sort of thing into the game files.

They have which is unfortunate but seems like companies don't want people tinkering with things when the company feels there is money to be made and modders might bite into that profit. CDPR has been pretty good about providing people the freedom they can, it might not have full mod support (I could be wrong), but I can see the company allowing some things to be changed, altered or put in. If it's not possible at launch then down the road.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
What's the plan for this thread come release? Seems like we should at least have an up-to-date OP ( [RELEASE DATE: 04/19/2019] lol) for then. If anyone wants to write one up and just send it to me I can replace the OP here, or if someone wants to (or is going to) make a new thread I can close this one and have the last post be a link to the new one. What about a spoiler thread, come release?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Speaking of which, that place has completely poo poo the bed. The poor guy that was going to make the CP2077 thread got hounded for not jumping through enough hoops for some people that want the game and company entirely banned. If it happens I'd be surprised at this point, I regret my action of every trying to defend that site in a previous post.

One of the ringleaders behind the boycott also has a game code and is planning on playing it anyway lol

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
My plan for this thread after release is to ignore it completely for a week or two

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's the plan for this thread come release? Seems like we should at least have an up-to-date OP ( [RELEASE DATE: 04/19/2019] lol) for then. If anyone wants to write one up and just send it to me I can replace the OP here, or if someone wants to (or is going to) make a new thread I can close this one and have the last post be a link to the new one. What about a spoiler thread, come release?

A spoiler thread will probably be necessary. I don't ever mind but most threads at least have a few meltdowns regarding spoilers.