Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I finally got round to listening to Stirfry and de Bonesby's audio commentary for As Good As It Gets from the Patreon feed. The 2.5 hour run time was the main thing putting me off but it absolutely flew by in the company of those two.

Horrible Butts posted:

Partner (Evan Jellicle) and I paid tribute to the Very Special Episode of RtM
https://soundcloud.com/yesssss-2/every-toilet/s-XWjWLxYICcb

Also this is great and deserves to be at the top of the page.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Anybody listen to the podcast in the ad this week? Dark Dice I think it was called?

Sounds like an interesting premise

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomFerret posted:

Anybody listen to the podcast in the ad this week? Dark Dice I think it was called?

Sounds like an interesting premise

I did, and yeah it did sound interesting and I'd like to check it out.

But much like you I can't remember the name.

Man, I know they just did a live stream, but I already want them to do another live stream. I'm hoping they do a christmas one.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, it is called Dark Dice, it is very interesting, but they just celebrated their second anniversary with episode 14.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

RandomFerret posted:

Okay, it is called Dark Dice, it is very interesting, but they just celebrated their second anniversary with episode 14.

As a Venture Bros fan, this piqued my interest

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The new Rude Tales of Magic brought me a significant amount of joy.

It's just so happy!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I think Natalie should examine her biases on why she wants to become the riddleguy

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Does anyone know what song they used during the Thunderlingus concert?

edit: nevermind, just listened to the final 30 seconds and it's Diarrhea Planet's "Ghost with a Boner"

KingKalamari fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 2, 2020

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The new Rude Tales of Magic brought me a significant amount of joy.

It's just so happy!

It was a great sode

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

KingKalamari posted:

Does anyone know what song they used during the Thunderlingus concert?

edit: nevermind, just listened to the final 30 seconds and it's Diarrhea Planet's "Ghost with a Boner"

The sentence is a work of art

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Great, great episode, loved Chris' "Oh, what have I done" when he realized Branson was going to make him improvise the Riddle Guy history.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Toebone posted:

The sentence is a work of art

Lmao I didn’t even realize the lyrics to the song first listen through, just went and re-listened to the final part of the episode, amazing

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
That whole episode whipped.

"I may not be good at riddles, but I am good at crying"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I've just started listening to Rude Tales over the last couple of weeks, and finished the 7th episode, "Kebin" earlier today, but had to pause it a few times because the sound effects work on Kebin himself was a bit too on point. One of the cast, I can't recall which one, stated it was disgusting several times during the episode, and I definitely echo that sentiment. As a quick question, does Kebin come up much more in the show so far? He seems high level enough that he might be something that's just introduced, to be followed up on much later down the road, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to be around regularly on it's own. If I do have to listen to that to get the rest then I'm more than okay with that; I would like to have some warning though, so I can get prepare myself to be creeped out by it's baby laughs as flies buzz around with squelching sounds throw in. Which is just unnerving.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Thusfar Kebin has only made one appearance but he's been mentioned / alluded to by various characters enough times that he'll probably resurface later at the worst possible moment

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Thanks, that was my assumption and I'll probably have to pause a few times if and when he plays a significant part in later episodes, presuming he keeps the same morphology/mentality and hasn't changed or matured in some fashion beyond child batting around prey to see what it does. At least I know I'm free and clear for the foreseeable future though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The miniseries is also good. Everyone loves Deli and hates Smellulous

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but listening to a few episodes of Rude Tales (and the accompanying Patreon chats) has already got me eyeing up Skyjacks and Fun City, so it might be a while before I hit that point. Skyjacks seems like it has a lot of content too, in two separate campaigns, so I'm not even sure which one to start with there for the moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

The miniseries is also good. Everyone loves Deli and hates Smellulous

I actually love Smellulous, he's a horrible elephant man but an amazing character. Tim Plat made some really bold choices and they paid off in a wonderful way.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The episode when they go to Smellulous’s condo is high art

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I actually love Smellulous, he's a horrible elephant man but an amazing character. Tim Plat made some really bold choices and they paid off in a wonderful way.

Yeah, everyone hates Smellulus in much the same way everyone hates Zoidberg.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Smellulus ended up really great, speciation but it seemed they thought the covid lock down wouldn’t go as long as it did and by the time they got to the ball they winged it after and he ended up being such a feckless piece of poo poo i loves it

Also as said above the I suck at riddles but am a great crier was perfect as was De Bonesby’s improv

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

tsob posted:

I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but listening to a few episodes of Rude Tales (and the accompanying Patreon chats) has already got me eyeing up Skyjacks and Fun City, so it might be a while before I hit that point. Skyjacks seems like it has a lot of content too, in two separate campaigns, so I'm not even sure which one to start with there for the moment.

I definitely have Fun City queued up for the next time I need something new to listen to.

Rude Tales also totally won me over on NeoScum and I binged it over the summer.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

tsob posted:

Skyjacks is very good. It’s got a pretty decent backlog. The other one is their Star Wars Campaign, which ran for ~100 episodes and is also filled with shenanigans, a cast with great chemistry and surprising depth.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

Thanks, that was my assumption and I'll probably have to pause a few times if and when he plays a significant part in later episodes, presuming he keeps the same morphology/mentality and hasn't changed or matured in some fashion beyond child batting around prey to see what it does. At least I know I'm free and clear for the foreseeable future though.

It's either from the Rude talks patreon thing or the dropout adventuring academy show, but Branson said he realized Kebin was way, way too powerful when he introduced him. Kebin coming back for any serious amount of time is definitely a long, long way off. .

And I'm so tempted to get a Riddle Guy 97 shirt. I've never worn tie-dye in my life, but that might be worth it. This show seems to have the right amount of heartwarming and emotional seriousness to balance out the "Stir Fry becomes as erect as possible" hilarity.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

seaborgium posted:

"Stir Fry becomes as erect as possible" .
My god, that was the most unintentionally hilarious thing to come out of this podcast. I think my mouth actually dropped open as the rest of the cast realized what Branson said before he did

Also, bought a Thunderlingus shirt :20bux: :rock:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

loving Diarrhea Planet was an inspired choice. Never thought that would pop up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Happy Landfill posted:

Rude Tales also totally won me over on NeoScum and I binged it over the summer.

One more potential actual play to add to the pile. Also, I just listened to the New Year's Eve/Pissmis special from last year yesterday, and while I wasn't a big fan of it at the start, because everyone had a nervous energy that was causing them to break out in to giggling constantly, once they settled down in to their randomly assigned characters and actually started getting in to things it was great. About a half hour or three quarters of an hour in, when they're all confessing their shames to the locked door and you can hear the producer (whose name escapes me right now) losing his poo poo in the background for a good five minutes is solid gold.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

tsob posted:

One more potential actual play to add to the pile. Also, I just listened to the New Year's Eve/Pissmis special from last year yesterday, and while I wasn't a big fan of it at the start, because everyone had a nervous energy that was causing them to break out in to giggling constantly, once they settled down in to their randomly assigned characters and actually started getting in to things it was great. About a half hour or three quarters of an hour in, when they're all confessing their shames to the locked door and you can hear the producer (whose name escapes me right now) losing his poo poo in the background for a good five minutes is solid gold.

Taylor Moore is the producer, and if you haven't listened to Blood Tales of Depravity you should, his Nosferatu character was my favorite.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
this stupid boner podcast was so heartwarming i cried a little during this episode lmao

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
gently caress it I’m getting a riddle guy 97 tie dye shirt

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

A family member has chipped my beloved (of about a month) Rainn Anatomies mug. RIP.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao I just bought the shirt with 1 minute left took forever to get the kids to bed

Ok apparently the shirts got extended still I was definitely in oh poo poo mode

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 7, 2020

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Does anyone know what version of "Auld Lang Sine" plays in the background of the climax to the 2019 Christmas special? It's a pretty haunting rendition, at least in that context, and while I think it was maybe too melancholic for what you as actually happening, it's also stuck in my head for the few days since.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It in no way surprises me that half the Rude Tales crew (and Branson especially) is extremely into Achewood.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All of Swan Boy reads like an achewood guest comic

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Got my thunderlingus shirt in the mail today :rock: :rock:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Happy Landfill posted:

Got my thunderlingus shirt in the mail today :rock: :rock:

Nice! I got my Bellow tank top recently! Still waiting on my tie dye Riddle Guy shirt though.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Does anyone know off hand which episodes have the little ‘inside Stir Fry’s head a bunch of wild stuff is going on’ vignettes? There was one in the last episode with a boiling cauldron and diving fish and stuff. There’s at least one other (with a castle I think? Marshmallows were involved possibly?) I want to hear again. Were there any more than those two?

I JUST ordered that Bellow tank and I am super excited to receive it. I’m very into my Bless Us Hell Rules tank and I hope they keep the tank designs comin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

redcheval posted:

Does anyone know off hand which episodes have the little ‘inside Stir Fry’s head a bunch of wild stuff is going on’ vignettes? There was one in the last episode with a boiling cauldron and diving fish and stuff. There’s at least one other (with a castle I think? Marshmallows were involved possibly?) I want to hear again. Were there any more than those two?

I JUST ordered that Bellow tank and I am super excited to receive it. I’m very into my Bless Us Hell Rules tank and I hope they keep the tank designs comin.

I think the castle one was in The Shish Kebab Express, but I'm not sure.