Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm gonna lose because I didn't sit josh jacobs and deandre hopkins in favor of wayne gallman and robby anderson to go from a REALLY GOOD WEEK to "enough to survive tyreek and David loving Montgomery"

This will be my third loss this season where my opponent is the only team in the league that outscored me.

Great times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Do I picked up the Seahawks defense as insurance in case the COVID bowl of Steelers vs Ravens doesn't happen, but now that it looks like it will... Do I play the Seahawks Defense tonight or the Steelers Defense tomorrow?

(Put another way, are the healthy normal Eagles starters worse than the COVID-ridden b-list Ravens? Maybe.)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Vargo posted:

Do I picked up the Seahawks defense as insurance in case the COVID bowl of Steelers vs Ravens doesn't happen, but now that it looks like it will... Do I play the Seahawks Defense tonight or the Steelers Defense tomorrow?

(Put another way, are the healthy normal Eagles starters worse than the COVID-ridden b-list Ravens? Maybe.)

That’s what I did, and I think I’m just gonna take whatever I can get from SEA. Since they just postponed the game again, there’s zero chance we get a confirmation the game is happening before tonight’s game is over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I should have started a plague-riddled JK Dobbins that won't even play tomorrow over Fulgham

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

I should have started a plague-riddled JK Dobbins that won't even play tomorrow over Fulgham

Yeah I guess its time to drop him in redraft.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

This is a tough one. Stud in an awful matchup or dud in a great one?

Antonio Gibson in a terrible matchup @Pit
Jonathan Taylor in an amazing matchup @Hou.

I'm thinking Gibson might fall into DSYS territory after last week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dy. posted:

I'm not going to sit him again I dont think. He is coming on really strong lately and is up to 5th in scoring (PPR) in my league. A few teams have ran okay against the Steelers so I'm going to assume he'll do okay with WAS's OL playing well.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Gibson has taken Zeke's place in my roster. Now I need to decide if I want to leave Zeke as flex or put Mostert in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

dy. posted:

I think you have to play Gibson at this point. I know I'll be finding a way to work him into my lineup moving forward until I'm given a reason not to.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

The Falcons D/ST was one of the stars of Week 12, sacking David Carr five times while generating five turnovers, including a pick-six. Still, they're no better than a streaming option when Taysom Hill leads the Saints into Mercedes-Benz Stadium for a rematch of Hill's first start (Week 11) where he engineered a 24-9 victory.

Nice job, ESPN

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dy. posted:

I'm staying the hell away from the Colts backfield after having Taylor earlier this season. The only one I'd consider is Hines.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have Sanders, Jacobs, and Aaron Jones.

Which of those should I sit to fit Gibson into my line up? I also have Swift.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

I have Sanders, Jacobs, and Aaron Jones.

Which of those should I sit to fit Gibson into my line up? I also have Swift.

Might be answered for you depending on Jacobs status.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Taysom Hill, Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr for QB this week?
I have Lamar but not sure i want to risk him not playing or still feeling Covid effects in a must win game for me.

I started Carr last week :negative:

Also, I have to start Michael Thomas again this week right? 1 PPR league - here are my other WRs (start 2)

DeVante Parker vs CIN
Amari Cooper @ BAL
Jerry Jeudy @ KC
Tee Higgins @ MIA
Michael Thomas @ATL

Leaning towards Parker and Thomas - Hill has leaned on Thomas in the passing game so far. Cooper has a crummy matchup - i don't trust Drew Lock at all and Higgins has a tough matchup with poo poo at QB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sitting Thomas until he proves me wrong.

But also I have Davante, Justin Jefferson and McLaurin

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Chernabog posted:

Gibson has taken Zeke's place in my roster. Now I need to decide if I want to leave Zeke as flex or put Mostert in.

Go with Mostert, no question.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Assuming David Johnson plays this weekend, pick two (0.5 PPR)

Miles Sanders @ GB
David Johnson v IND

Frank Gore v LV
Keke Coutee v IND

Gore and Johnson are probably a wash now that NYJ’s backfield is empty, Johnson has more historic production but is coming off injury while Gore has a better matchup.

Dark horse option is to drop Sanders out of the rotation because Wentz sucks, he’s losing touches to Boston Scott and PHI will probably be playing from behind.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Man, recent injury upgrades making it hard. Pick two, at least one WR.

Diontae Johnson vs WAS
Terry McLaurin (Q) @ PIT
JK Dobbins vs DAL
Devontae Booker @ NYJ

Diontae and McLaurin are overall better starts but Dobbins and Booker both have the tastiest possible matchups. A little weary of starting McLaurin with a questionable tag going into Monday.

I don't actually need to win this matchup, I just need to maintain my 40 point lead on the guy below me to get a bye for playoffs.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

dy. posted:

Man, recent injury upgrades making it hard. Pick two, at least one WR.

Diontae Johnson vs WAS
Terry McLaurin (Q) @ PIT
JK Dobbins vs DAL
Devontae Booker @ NYJ

Diontae and McLaurin are overall better starts but Dobbins and Booker both have the tastiest possible matchups. A little weary of starting McLaurin with a questionable tag going into Monday.

I don't actually need to win this matchup, I just need to maintain my 40 point lead on the guy below me to get a bye for playoffs.

I like your picks - McLaurin will be good to go for Monday, by all indications.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Pick 1:

Tee Higgins (v. Dolphins)
Michael Pitmann Jr. (v. Texans)
Christian Kirk (v. Rams)

Scraping the barrel here for my WR3. Nobody interesting on waivers.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Who do I flex this week?

Booker vs. NYJ (Jacobs ruled out)
Gallman vs SEA
Swift vs CHI (he will likely be limited)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Standard scoring. Need a D/ST

Chiefs v.DEN (SND)
Ravens v.DAL (Tuesday)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Quiet Feet posted:

Chiefs v.DEN (SND)
Ravens v.DAL (Tuesday)

I would probably do KC there. They are both good plays, but I feel like DEN is guaranteed to have turnovers and they don't have a lot of offensive talent.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Chiefs v.DEN (SND)
Ravens v.DAL (Tuesday)

Already answered, but I'll add that KC put up 25 points the last time they faced Denver.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

TommyGun85 posted:

Who do I flex this week?

Booker vs. NYJ (Jacobs ruled out)
Gallman vs SEA
Swift vs CHI (he will likely be limited)

Swift is doubtful for the game apparently

Also need help deciding who to start in my 2nd RB slot in a 0.5 PPR league:

James White @ Chargers
David Johnson vs. Colts

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

MakaVillian posted:

Swift is doubtful for the game apparently

Also need help deciding who to start in my 2nd RB slot in a 0.5 PPR league:

James White @ Chargers
David Johnson vs. Colts

I would play Johnson. Even with Burkhead out, it is hard to trust White to get enough passes to put up a good score losing rushes to both Harris and Newton.

Pick a QB (pp1st rushing):

Murray vs LAR
Herbert vs NE

Leaning Herbert here, I feel like Murray has been running less since he injured his shoulder and it has dramatically lowered his floor. Plus it is a somewhat more difficult matchup.

Also, which RB sits out this week (aka pick 2, PP1st):
Elliot @ BAL
Gibson @ PIT
Dobbins vs DAL

Gibson has the toughest matchup, but he has been consistently good the last 5 months (granted he had a very soft schedule).
Elliot has been underwhelming ever since Prescott got hurt.
Dobbins has been good when he actually gets touches which he has when Ingram has been out, he has an easy matchup which should have a favorable game script and Edwards was uninspiring last week.

Almost leaning towards sitting Elliot, though I could see the rationale for any really.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 6, 2020

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

I would play Johnson. Even with Burkhead out, it is hard to trust White to get enough passes to put up a good score losing rushes to both Harris and Newton.

Murray vs LAR
Herbert vs NE

Leaning Herbert here, I feel like Murray has been running less since he injured his shoulder and it has dramatically lowered his floor. Plus it is a somewhat more difficult matchup.

Elliot @ BAL
Gibson @ PIT
Dobbins vs DAL

Gibson has the toughest matchup, but he has been consistently good the last 5 months (granted he had a very soft schedule).
Dobbins has been good when he actually gets touches which he has when Ingram has been out, he has an easy matchup which should have a favorable game script and Edwards was uninspiring last week.

Almost leaning towards sitting Elliot, though I could see the rationale for any really.

I’m starting Herbert over Murray this week. I’m worried Murray’s shoulder is still an issue

I’d start Gibson out of those three. I think he’s got the highest floor

Ugh. Help me pick the least terrible RB (.5 PPR)

Benny Snell v WAS (assuming Conner is out)
Zack Moss @ SF
James White @ LAC

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Murray vs LAR
Herbert vs NE

Elliot @ BAL
Gibson @ PIT
Dobbins vs DAL

Herbert and Gibson + Elliot. Ingram is off the covid list so I'd think he'd be getting more snaps

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Ended up grabbing Booker the other day to deny my opponent this week access to him.

Flex Options, 1 PPR

Booker @ NYJ
Cooks @ IND
Shepard @ SEA

Pick 1

Leaning Booker now, but all are viable options.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Rick Grimes posted:

Ended up grabbing Booker the other day to deny my opponent this week access to him.

Flex Options, 1 PPR

Booker @ NYJ
Cooks @ IND
Shepard @ SEA

Pick 1

Leaning Booker now, but all are viable options.

I'd go with Booker there.

With news that Tagovailoa is likely starting for Miami - which WR should I start? 1 PPR

DeVante Parker VS Cin
Amari Cooper @ Bal

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
This is brutal but:

Second rb 0.5 ppr

McKinnon @ buf
Lindsay@ kc
Laird @ cin

I lost the fa bid for booker and have cmc on bye while drafting weak at rb. I’m likely still going to make the playoffs with a loss, but a win guarantees it and might get me a first round bye.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Pick 1 ppr:
James White @ LAC
Damien Harris @ LAC

Pick 1 ppr:
Todd Gurley vs NO
Benny Snell vs WFT

Bold is who I have in now but I'm very on the fence in both. Thought I was dead for playoffs in the first group so I didn't try to get Booker who I would have gotten. Thanks to the magic of divisions though I'm very much alive.

freeman fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 6, 2020

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

freeman posted:

Pick 1 ppr:
James White @ LAC
Damien Harris @ LAC

Pick 1 ppr:
Todd Gurley vs NO
Benny Snell vs WFT

Bold is who I have in now but I'm very on the fence in both.

I’d go the other way on both of these in full ppr. Snell is likely a bellcow this week and has a better matchup - and James white is the best NE back in ppr formats. White/Harris is a pretty legitimate coin flip though.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Capped posted:

This is brutal but:

Second rb 0.5 ppr

McKinnon @ buf
Lindsay@ kc
Laird @ cin

I lost the fa bid for booker and have cmc on bye while drafting weak at rb. I’m likely still going to make the playoffs with a loss, but a win guarantees it and might get me a first round bye.

Lindsay

freeman posted:

Pick 1 ppr:
James White @ LAC
Damien Harris @ LAC

Pick 1 ppr:
Todd Gurley vs NO
Benny Snell vs WFT

Bold is who I have in now but I'm very on the fence in both. Thought I was dead for playoffs in the first group so I didn't try to get Booker who I would have gotten. Thanks to the magic of divisions though I'm very much alive.

Harris

Snell

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr for wr, 1 ppr for te

Tee Higgins @Mia
Nelson Agholor @NYJ
Marquise Brown vsDal
Big Bob Tonyan vs Phi

Only need 1. Currently starting Tee but I dont like it. He would have a bad day if not for the 1 yd td catch last week.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Need a Flex for NFL.com 1PPR

M Jones @CHI (#2 Vs WR, Golladay out, Stafford Questionable (thumb))
D Singletary @SF (#2 Vs RB, MNF)
E Sanders @ ATL (#31 Vs WR, M Thomas active, Hill is running a lot and already hobbling Kamara's ceiling)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Need a TE to replace Andrews in 0.5 PPR:

Rudolph vs JAX
Firkser vs CLE
Hooper @ TEN

Leaning Firkser over Rudolph since Thielen is back

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Tee Higgins @Mia
Nelson Agholor @NYJ
Marquise Brown vsDal
Big Bob Tonyan vs Phi

Only need 1. Currently starting Tee but I dont like it. He would have a bad day if not for the 1 yd td catch last week.

I like agholor because he has been performing well and has a decent qb, which I can’t say for the other two choices. Tongan is not a choice for me, dart throw tes rarely crack top 30 wr Numbers

Doccykins posted:

E Sanders @ ATL (#31 Vs WR, M Thomas active, Hill is running a lot and already hobbling Kamara's ceiling)

Jones is the only one not totally risking getting buried in terms of touches

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
2 of Standard Scoring:

Corey Davis
Henry Ruggs
Kenyan Drake
David Montgomory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Tee Higgins @Mia
Nelson Agholor @NYJ
Marquise Brown vsDal
Big Bob Tonyan vs Phi

Tonyan, Rogers seems to like him and the extra 0.5 ppr puts it over the top for me. I have Tee as well but have the same feelings as you toward him since Burrow went down.

Doccykins posted:

Jones