Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious

i had painted just a regular desert but I thought it was missing something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sid Vicious posted:

Sid you are a machine! I am humbled, this is another masterwork.

Cartoons and Laurel and Hardy tonight for movie night, if anyone's interested. http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

xcheopis

bird. posted:

oh no, cranberry blissbars... my one weakness

bird. posted:

oh no, cheesecake samplers.... my one weakness

bird. posted:

oh no, the andes mint that comes with the check at italian restaurants.... m,y one weakness

Make the thread!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

owlhawk911 posted:

nice av m8 :cheers:

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Hey I really like your new av.

Thank you! I forgot to give him a tongue though.
And in case anyone is wondering what's up in the branches:

xcheopis posted:

Make the thread!

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

Great progress!

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Cartoons and Laurel and Hardy tonight for movie night, if anyone's interested. http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

the rat is a nightmare

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Finger Prince

I've been watching The Green Frontier on Netflix. It's so loving weird. I think I love it.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Whenever I think it's cold outside I just remember the red dwarf theme song and I think I might watch some of that tonight

Finger Prince

aldantefax posted:

Whenever I think it's cold outside I just remember the red dwarf theme song and I think I might watch some of that tonight

Good choice.

Finger Prince

I have no idea how popular green frontier was here or in Colombia/Brazil or wherever it aired originally. But people should watch this. The camera work is amazing, and the acting is fantastic. The actress who plays the main character Helena is just so good. There's a scene in one of the later episodes where she's lost in the jungle and she just quietly freaks the gently caress out... Man I felt that.

Escape From Noise

I'm waiting for something at my workplace and a cover of the worst Christmas song ever (Wonderful Christmastime, don't @ me) came on. It's a cover with cleaner midi sounds so it's actually an improvement but it reminded me of the original. Unforgivable.

alnilam

It's such a bad song

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm waiting for something at my workplace and a cover of the worst Christmas song ever (Wonderful Christmastime, don't @ me) came on. It's a cover with cleaner midi sounds so it's actually an improvement but it reminded me of the original. Unforgivable.

Oh my god I'm sorry. The opening synth of the real version is possibly one of the worst noises ever intentionally recorded.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It's a shame John Lennon wrote the best christmas song, happy xmas (war is over)

maybe not a shame i don't know it's interesting at least

alnilam

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's a shame John Lennon wrote the best christmas song, happy xmas (war is over)

maybe not a shame i don't know it's interesting at least

The gulf between their solo careers (paul mediocre to bad john mediocre to good) used to make me think Lennon was just a way better songwriter than McCartney, but then i learned more about how they operated in the beatles and realized they really just brought out the talent in each other and they're both really good

Escape From Noise

I listen to noise and poo poo but for some reason that song is like cramming bleach and broken glass into my ears.

ANOTHER VERSION JUST CAME ON!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 6, 2020

Amp

alnilam posted:

The gulf between their solo careers (paul mediocre to bad john mediocre to good) used to make me think Lennon was just a way better songwriter than McCartney, but then i learned more about how they operated in the beatles and realized they really just brought out the talent in each other and they're both really good

I keep meaning to read Geoff Emerick's book about recording them because I'm a 30 year old boomer

Escape From Noise

I like Father Christmas by the kinks.

Butthole Surfers did a loving unhinged cover of Good King Wenceslas that I used to have on vinyl and it's probably at one of my parents houses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZGZwuuugM

alnilam

I listen to noise and shot but for some reason that song is like cramming bleach and broken glass into my ears.

Yeah same i deeply enjoy some hosed up poo poo like idk, schönberg, or univers zero, but nothing can prepare me for the horror of simply having a wonderful etc

Ass-penny

I listen to noise and poo poo but for some reason that song is like cramming bleach and broken glass into my ears.

Hum your favorite Melt Banana song.

B33rChiller

I like Father Christmas by the kinks.

Butthole Surfers did a loving unhinged cover of Good King Wenceslas that I used to have on vinyl and it's probably at one of my parents houses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZGZwuuugM

this rules. thank you

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh my god I'm sorry. The opening synth of the real version is possibly one of the worst noises ever intentionally recorded.

just listened and you're right. it's really in that sweet spot of awful filter resonance.

e: and like, i understand that they didn't have the best synths and effects but you really could have played w that delay/retrig a bit more so that it was actually on beat

RickRogers

*me just listening to the Nat King Cole Christmas album*

:rock:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
This is the best Xmas song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR07r0ZMFb8

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Escape From Noise

Oh man. I had a weird as heck interaction today. I went to the 100 yen store to buy a whole bunch of snacks/candy for people I'm going to be ending packages to and just loaded my basket with all kinds of poo poo. Thing is some of the smaller items you need to get 2, 4, or 6 of in order to get the "full" item. I thought I was careful enough and that even if I wasn't I could just throw back the excess or whatever. Turns out that was not to be the case. I was short somehow and the poor girl behind the counter scanned my stuff once, had an issue, got her manager, and had to re-do everything. It took like 10 minutes. I mean I don't give a poo poo about my own time but her hands were shaking as she did it and it was holding up the line and I just felt like a grade a rear end in a top hat. Shiiiiiiit! In the end it worked out though I guess and I left with a backpack full of stuff. In retrospect it may actually be more than I needed...WHATEVER! My secret santee is getting a bunch o' snacks/candy along with their main gift!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

A very good Christmas Song. As is this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aur9gLzsXQU

Amp

the best Christmas album

Twenty Four

I guess I have jury duty in Washington but when I called the number I got told that I needed to fill out things online but I don't have all the info?

At first I thought this was really stupid because "I'm not going to jury duty in Washington because I moved to Japan" seemed like it should be more then enough of an excuse. Then I thought about it, and without some sort of way to back it up, everyone who didn't want to go to jury duty would just be like "uhh, I moved to Japan or somewhere, sooo, later!" Hopefully whatever info they want from you isn't too hard to get and not one of those things where they try to make it a real pain to take care of.

Also late happy birthdays BG and TTM!

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

At first I thought this was really stupid because "I'm not going to jury duty in Washington because I moved to Japan" seemed like it should be more then enough of an excuse. Then I thought about it, and without some sort of way to back it up, everyone who didn't want to go to jury duty would just be like "uhh, I moved to Japan or somewhere, sooo, later!" Hopefully whatever info they want from you isn't too hard to get and not one of those things where they try to make it a real pain to take care of.

Also late happy birthdays BG and TTM!

I do have the fact that my ballot was sent to my Japanese address but I'm sure I could provide other evidence. Probably my work visa, or my tax filing? We'll see.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

This is my fav Christmas carol idk why but it gets me in the crimma mood:
https://youtu.be/5_y5rMXTlng

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

biosterous

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

yesss!!!!! this is a top tier xmas mood

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

RickRogers

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I love RV Williams, can chill out completely to Lark Ascending any time

City of Glompton

good mango byob i hope everyone is having a happy Saint Nicholas day. i am i got socks and a hammer, and chocolate :peanut:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

RickRogers

Woohoo, I got pea soup with sausages from der Nikolaus!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I lied here's the best Christmas song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nud2TQNahaU

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Escape From Noise

I just finished watching Maximum Overdive and oh my god that ending is even worse than the rest of the movie

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 6, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

gmungo byob I'm gonna eat leftover breakfast from yesterday and then decorate my tree

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Asking my doctor right now if clonazepam is short for Clonazepamela and he's not amused at all.

Get your poo poo together, doc, this is the only coping skill I have.

more falafel please

forums poster

Kief Richards posted:

Asking my doctor right now if clonazepam is short for Clonazepamela and he's not amused at all.

just don't gently caress with her friend phenazepamela

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Kief Richards posted:

Clonazepamela would be a great user name.

Your doctor needs to lighten up. Humans have been using humor to cope with horrible situations for a very long time.

more falafel please posted:

just don't gently caress with her friend phenazepamela

I think they're clones.