Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Lammasu posted:

You got the special "Flood" edition.

MS support told me that it's likely glue, but not eligible for warranty repair.

In other news, I see that pathologic 2 is leaving gamepass. I tried it a couple times, but barely got 10 mins in. Is it worth trying to plow through it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Please dont piss on your xbox x's or ones or whatever it is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like that the Series X can have multiple games running at once. This is great if you switch back and forth between games often. Really hope PlayStation 5 gets this feature in a software update.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did they fix it yet or is it still limited to only some games?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Real hurthling! posted:

Did they fix it yet or is it still limited to only some games?

Valhalla resets completely if I even loving open youtube, let alone any other game. Meanwhile Like a Dragon resumes after like 8 other games/apps have been open.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Quick resume is more useful than I anticipated. I like playing two or three games at a time usually and its neat bing able to save the state in both at the same time. Right now its Yakuza 7 and a replay of Vanquish, no crashes or anything yet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It kicks absolute rear end. PS5 needs it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I've completely eschewed Rest Mode with the PS5 and I haven't really missed it, going into a game dry or using activity cards loads up so quick that I'm never thinking about how I need to cut out the middle-man. I'm not sure that console needs Quick Resume. Could be interesting, though.

Have they released any updated statements about why it seems so inconsistent?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Quick Resume started working for Valhalla just yesterday and it's loving great.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

No Man's Sky also doesn't work with quick resume. Luckily the loading is much faster compared to previous gen.

Also, the game looks even better now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Activity cards are good if there is a specific activity or section of a game (where you can freely choose) that you want to go back to. Quick Resume is good if you want to get back to exactly where you were when you stopped playing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like Quick Resume because sometimes I wanna fire up the console and not play the exact game that was in there

Like I never realized this but with my Switch when I pick it up to play more often than not whatever game is suspended in there is the game I'm gonna play.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I love being able to quickly jump between 2-3 games.

Ideally quick resume and activity cards could coexist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I love being able to quickly jump between 2-3 games.

Ideally quick resume and activity cards could coexist.

Oh definitely, I want both. I just tend to play lots of fairly linear titles but switch constantly so activity cards are less prioirity

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Quick Resume seems to work even on external drives. Quantum Break does the job with it.

Has anyone else had ridiculous frame drops with Cold War on Series X? In multiplayer it dips into the high teens/low 20s for entire matches. Eventually it goes back to 120 or 60, but it's random.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is there any system wide way to see time played in a game? In Achievements -> Stats, the developer has to do some work to make anything appear.

I beat Jedi and I’m curious how long it took me, but can’t find time played anywhere. Stats has no info for that game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toaster Beef posted:

Oh poo poo...time to jump back in.

Quick Resume is a godsend if you have kids. Not even for anything effecting me, just when my son wants to jump around Lego games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It just needs a little spinning disk thing under each resumable game. It’s always an unknown if something will quick resume or not.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Toaster Beef posted:

I stopped playing it daily when they took Quick Resume away lol so I guess I'll start up again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thom12255 posted:

I stopped playing it daily when they took Quick Resume away lol so I guess I'll start up again.

I’m the opposite I have had a chance to play it with quick resume yet. I’m very excited for it.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I have a bug in Valhalla that stopped me in my tracks. I’m supposed to follow someone in my village to find their brother, and the character is stuck in a corner. No matter how many times I fast travel or quit out and reload or do other missions she won’t get out of the corner.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Asnorban posted:

I have a bug in Valhalla that stopped me in my tracks. I’m supposed to follow someone in my village to find their brother, and the character is stuck in a corner. No matter how many times I fast travel or quit out and reload or do other missions she won’t get out of the corner.

I dont know how anyone puts up with Ubisoft games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

Ennui

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Laserface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hS2mrqmmw

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Managed to sell my one X for $200 on Facebook.

My OG Xbox and PS4 are nearly worthless so I figured I should sell this Xbox while the prices are still decent.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

MarcusSA posted:

Managed to sell my one X for $200 on Facebook.

My OG Xbox and PS4 are nearly worthless so I figured I should sell this Xbox while the prices are still decent.

You could have got more than $200

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Celexi posted:

You could have got more than $200

Not in LA from what I saw.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sold mine for $300 back in September, felt like I made out like a bandit on that one since I bought it for $350.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Google gave out free stadia pro packages and honestly it might be my next gen machine. Been playing destiny and hitman at "4k60" (no caps) with almost no load times. Right now, cyberpunk is $60 and that comes with a free stadia pro setup worth $100, so I'm guessing the prices on the games are gonna drop a lot quicker. Their first holiday sale wasn't bad either, and once, if ever, ubisoft+ gets support, it'll be even more worth the move. I really wonder how long Phil is gonna keep that Xbox family commitment with the og xbones, as in how long the X1X will be compatible. Looking like my first next gen console will be the ps5 refresh.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 7, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

Google gave out free stadia pro packages and honestly it might be my next gen machine. Right now, cyberpunk is $60 and that comes with a free stadia pro setup worth $100, so I'm guessing the prices on the games are gonna drop a lot quicker. Their first holiday sale wasn't bad either, and once, if ever, ubisoft+ gets support, it'll be even more worth the move. I really wonder how long Phil is gonna keep that Xbox family commitment with the og xbones, as in how long the X1X will be compatible. Looking like my first next gen console will be the ps5 refresh.

Considered GeForce Now. At least when google kills the project off in a year or two you’ll still own the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Considered GeForce Now. At least when google kills the project off in a year or two you’ll still own the game.

Already had it, it's nowhere near as good. The only thing it has going for it is the connected library. I haven't spent any money yet, so it's no sweat to me at the moment, but I don't think google is gonna concede gaming so soon, especially with apple and Amazon making moves still. Unless the x1x version of a game is real bad, I probably won't get it on stadia, since I can just wait for it to hit gamepass, I'm patient. But I'm interested in what the"next gen" games look like and when if they show up this generation. Right now, the big advantage is not having to worry about storage space or getting a patch since it's just a power PC. If they get a " quick resume" working, it could be a big deal. As is, it just loads really fast.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I've enjoyed messing with Stadia after getting my free controller and chromecast but LoL @ ever "buying" a game that's wholly dependent on Google keeping a service going

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at using a google service for anything tbh

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
The firmware updated the other day and quick resume is some kind of voodoo because it took me right back into where I was in yakuza.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There was a couple of months there in 2014 when it seemed like they figured it out. Didn't last.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheScott2K posted:

There was a couple of months there in 2014 when it seemed like they figured it out. Didn't last.

https://killedbygoogle.com/

Should be posted anytime someone mentions Stadia or a Google product.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Google hitting the point of pretty much giving the hardware away with Youtube TV subscriptions and preorders and all of that is not a good sign, they're trying to spike those user numbers and make them look better.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Does anyone know how to make Xbox Party Chat not sound like hot garbage? Was in a party with a couple of friends and when one of them was in, his poo poo was so loud and myself and the other person could barely understand anything because our own voices would just loudly echo back over ourselves. He left to gently caress around with his mixer settings or whatever, and a different person joined the party and it was fine. Later I was in a different party and the first person’s issues seemed to be worked out but then another person and potentially myself were having the same issues and we tried to mirror the first person’s improved mixer settings but it was still echoing pretty bad. I think we all have turtle beach headsets and I made sure everyone’s TVs were muted, do these headsets just suck and reverberate their own sound into the mic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

T-Square posted:

Does anyone know how to make Xbox Party Chat not sound like hot garbage? Was in a party with a couple of friends and when one of them was in, his poo poo was so loud and myself and the other person could barely understand anything because our own voices would just loudly echo back over ourselves. He left to gently caress around with his mixer settings or whatever, and a different person joined the party and it was fine. Later I was in a different party and the first person’s issues seemed to be worked out but then another person and potentially myself were having the same issues and we tried to mirror the first person’s improved mixer settings but it was still echoing pretty bad. I think we all have turtle beach headsets and I made sure everyone’s TVs were muted, do these headsets just suck and reverberate their own sound into the mic?

You can toggle individual people's volume