Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

From personal experience, it's really scary having authority involved with your abuse because usually it will go nowhere and then the abuser will use it against you for both physical and emotional punishment.

I don't know what the correct response is for abusive homes and I don't know what the point of posting this was. Sorry.
don’t worry, nothing is wrong at all with what you said, and is a oftentimes painful reality that people overlook. It’s a rock and a hard place, and it’s totally hosed that we can hardly create a system that doesn’t replace the abuse we take people out of with more abuse.

teen witch has a new favorite as of 10:22 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Whoops! Thanks. Lol at least it wasn't the other way around.

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Dec 4, 2020

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
“A former pharmaceutical executive and New York socialite who confessed to poisoning her 8-year-old son who had autism should be set free from prison after a ruling that overturned her manslaughter conviction, an appellate court ruled Wednesday.

Gigi Jordan was sentenced in 2015 to serve 18 years in the death her son, Jude, whom she poisoned with a cocktail of prescription drugs, vodka and juice in a luxury suite at New York’s Peninsula Hotel in February 2010.”

She admitted to killing her kid, and now the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals is saying she’s paid her debt to society after serving 10 years of her 18-year sentence.

Guess the race and socioeconomic class!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Busket Posket posted:

Busket Posket posted:

“A former pharmaceutical executive and New York socialite..."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Really the peninsula hotel should be doing everything they can to keep her in jail because that is NOT a good association

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

“A former pharmaceutical executive and New York socialite who confessed to poisoning her 8-year-old son who had autism should be set free from prison after a ruling that overturned her manslaughter conviction, an appellate court ruled Wednesday.

Gigi Jordan was sentenced in 2015 to serve 18 years in the death her son, Jude, whom she poisoned with a cocktail of prescription drugs, vodka and juice in a luxury suite at New York’s Peninsula Hotel in February 2010.”

She admitted to killing her kid, and now the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals is saying she’s paid her debt to society after serving 10 years of her 18-year sentence.

I thought serving half your time is pretty standard across the board so long as you don't gently caress up your parole hearing or get in more trouble in prison.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
yes but thats from parole and not getting your conviction overturned because "Jordan has already served some 11 years of her sentence, more than 70 percent of her likely provisional sentence; and the State does not argue that Jordan will pose a danger to the public if released"

like, thats literally the judges agreeing 'ehhhhh thats good enough. look at how sorry she is!!!' when almost anyone else would have the govt fighting tooth and nail

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well I'm sure she's learned her lesson. If she gets out and doesn't murder another one of her special needs kids then we'll know the system works! Imagine the savings we'll have on prison/justice department reforms!

edit:
I'm obviously joking here. there'll never be any reforms either way

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 10:24 on Dec 6, 2020

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:guillotine:

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The 19th-Century Nurse Who Was Secretly a Serial Killer

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

https://nypost.com/2020/12/04/youtuber-arrested-after-pregnant-girlfriend-dies-in-livestream/

Russian Livestreamer streams dead girlfriend for over an hour.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just

poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's like the YouTuber that had his girlfriend shoot him with a Desert Eagle while he was holding up books to stop the bullet. What did he think was going to happen?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's like the YouTuber that had his girlfriend shoot him with a Desert Eagle while he was holding up books to stop the bullet. What did he think was going to happen?
He didn't care, he's abusive and figured out a way to monetize that, I'm guessing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He's definitely an abusive shithead but he seemed genuinely surprised it killed her.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

I don't think he's the brightest beetroot in the borscht.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wait, did he shoot her or did she shoot him?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wait, did he shoot her or did she shoot him?

She shot him. She didn't want to - he was trying to make it on YouTube:

quote:

"The point of the video is, I just really want to see if a .50-caliber bullet can go through a book," Ruiz had said earlier.

Now, Perez, who had previously refused to go along with the dangerous stunt, was getting cold feet again.

"Come on," Ruiz said, urging his girlfriend to pull the trigger.

"Babe, if I kill you what's going to happen to my life," Perez said. "Like no, this isn't ok. I don't want to be responsible."

"You won't," Ruiz said. "As long as you hit the book. As long as you hit the book, you'll be fine. Come on, the battery's gonna die on it. Come closer."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/failed-youtube-stunt-killing-videos

Can't stop laughing at that picture.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What's really unnerving is a truly rear end in a top hat prosecutor could make a claim that was premeditated murder. What a loving idiot that dude was.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That whole case is ridiculous

"I wanna see if the bullet can go through the book." (It can!)

"This will probably kill you, I don't wanna do it." (It will, you shouldn't)

"Just hit the book and I'll be fine." (This hypothesis is literally what you're about to test)

"If I kill you my life will be hosed up." (Seems legit, maybe walk away at this point.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh, she's an idiot too. But she's gonna get to carry that grief her whole life, so she gets more sympathy from me than her better-off-dead manipulative moronic boyfriend.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Hello thread, i am posting from the horrible year of 2018. Can't wait to get out of this lovely year...though I suppose it could get worse

Solice Kirsk in 2018 posted:

I'm gonna be so disappointed if a mega disease doesn't get unleashed on humanity.

Can you imagine? Ha!

Anyway I traveled forward in time to post this awful video

It's the real interrogation of Russell Williams, a Canadian air force officer who was a suspect in some local crimes. I imagine it was probably a big-ish news item in Canada 2010, but I watched it without any prior knowledge.

Well, that is, I watched about half before I took a break. It is harrowing. 12 hours later I'm still a little hosed up from it. I was spellbound during the portion I watched though

https://youtu.be/Gjvixip5UlA

It's just a conversation between Williams and the interrogator. But it's a roller coaster. Trigger warnings: stalking, rape, kidnapping, murder

I dont know how interrogation agents keep their sanity during a conversation like this.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh, she's an idiot too. But she's gonna get to carry that grief her whole life, so she gets more sympathy from me than her better-off-dead manipulative moronic boyfriend.

if you're 19 and the man you love and trust keeps begging you to shoot him then eventually it's going to happen. that poor kid

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's definitely an abusive shithead but he seemed genuinely surprised it killed her.
Oh yeah, I don't think he was intending to kill her, but I think you could argue a level of reckless negligence almost indistinguishable from intent to kill, especially when he didn't get her inside as soon as he realized he couldn't feel a pulse or even earlier when she stopped responding.

It's just mostly I don't think he was intending to kill her because that gets him in trouble and isn't something he can excuse by going 'it's just a prank, she agrees to do this stuff for my videos'.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

She shot him. She didn't want to - he was trying to make it on YouTube:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/failed-youtube-stunt-killing-videos

Can't stop laughing at that picture.

I mean he could have done the whole thing without having to hold the book. What was the goal of his youtube channel? Find a gun that can shoot through a book and kill him?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of young people see making youtube content as an easy ticket to money and fame, and when you combine this with young men who act recklessly and valorize physical harm for comedy then you end up with some hosed up incentives where dudes film themselves lighting their dicks on fire for likes and subscribes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Reminder that Onlyfans has a mlm aspect with $ from people that content producers recruit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

luxury handset posted:

a lot of young people see making youtube content as an easy ticket to money and fame, and when you combine this with young men who act recklessly and valorize physical harm for comedy then you end up with some hosed up incentives where dudes film themselves lighting their dicks on fire for likes and subscribes

in the words of that guy in the banana suit: FIRE BAD

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

I like how the tone of this article went from Mental Floss to erotica

Narratively posted:

The bitterness dried her mouth, and Phinney assumed that it was medicine to make her pain subside. But in fact, it was atropine, a belladonna-derived medicine that, combined with the waning effects of an earlier morphine administration, accelerated the effects of both. Phinney’s vision dimmed almost immediately. Her breathing grew slow and labored, and she assumed she was hallucinating as she felt the coolness of the air as her bedclothes were pulled back. She felt the mattress sag under Toppan’s weight and the nurse’s cool hands stroking her hair away from her cold, sweating face.

Toppan balled Phinney’s hair in her fist, pinned her gently to the pillow. She pressed her lips against the white, warm neck she had exposed. Toppan kissed the jawline of her patient, watching her throat gasp for air. Toppan felt heat blooming beneath the ribs of her corset, in her hips. With her free hand, she turned Phinney on her back and peeled open her eyelids to see how dilated her pupils were. Her own breathing raced as Phinney’s grew more labored.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Notable hazing incidents.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazing#Notable_examples
Hazing murders in the US
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hazing_deaths_in_the_United_States

Google search for "man pushes".
https://www.google.com/search?clien...Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Most of them are alcohol poisoning which is, not to be cruel, pretty boring for true crime

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

xtal posted:

Most of them are alcohol poisoning which is, not to be cruel, pretty boring for true crime
This isn't a true crime thread but I'm sorry that stuff like this isn't gruesome enough for you.

"Andrey Sychyov, required the amputation of his legs and genitalia after he was forced to squat for four hours whilst being beaten and tortured by a military group on New Year's Eve, 2005"

"Three young boys, aged 11, 10, and 7, read about hazing practices in college and decided to try it themselves. They built a fire in a pasture behind the schoolhouse and led nine-year-old Ralph Canning to the spot. They heated a number of stones until they were red hot. The boys forced Canning to both sit and stand on the hot stones and held him there despite his screams. The boys then either walked or jumped on him (depending on the source). He was finally allowed to leave and he crawled home, where he died two weeks later."

"Stringfellow died following several instances of "tubbing", which was a hazing ritual that involved submerging the victim's head underwater for an extended period of time"

"Kappa Sigma pledges were told to swallow a quarter-pound piece of raw liver soaked in oil, without chewing. The meat lodged in Swanson's throat, and he began choking. The fraternity brothers did not tell police and ambulance workers about the hazing ritual, and instead attributed Swanson's respiratory distress to a "nervous spasm". He died two hours later."

"Davis died after being brutally beaten as part of a hazing ritual. He was unconscious when he was driven home and put to bed. He had broken ribs, a lacerated kidney, a lacerated liver, and bruises all over his chest, neck, back, and arms. He died from bleeding in his brain"

"being ordered to walk backward into the ocean. Kenitha, who couldn't swim, was hit by a wave and knocked over. Kristin attempted to rescue Kenitha. Both girls drowned. A lawsuit filed by the girls' families alleged that the women had been blindfolded, had their arms tied, and were wearing clothes and shoes when they entered the water."

"Another employee noted that the kelly, the device located on the rig floor that is used to drill into the ground and spins at seventy rotations per minute, was turning and, based on his experience, he knew that any slack in the cat line could get caught on the kelly as it turned. Unbeknownst to other employees, this is what happened shortly before he was hooked to the cat line."

"... forced him to lie on the floor, placed his foot on his head and exercised pressure on the skull."

"...became paralyzed as a result of jumping from the second floor of the hostel "Ramanathan Hall" to escape the physical ragging carried out by older students. It was reported that she was about to have a candle inserted into her vagina just before she had jumped out of the hostel building. She committed suicide in 2002."

"He was subjected to sadistic ragging and in the post-mortem a large quantity of toothpaste was found in his rectum."

"In the darkness, a freshman football player would be pinned to the locker-room floor, his arms and feet held down by multiple upperclassmen. Then, the victim would be lifted to his feet" and sexually abused."

Here's an article that might make you understand why I also find the alcohol intoxication cases unnerving.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/penn-state-fraternity-hazing-death

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

xtal posted:

Of course there is no way the victims were forced, either socially or physically, to consume more alcohol than they usually would.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

So it seems they cracked one of the Zodiac Killer's unsolved ciphers, thought this thread might be interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oQLPRE21o

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Petiso posted:

So it seems they cracked one of the Zodiac Killer's unsolved ciphers, thought this thread might be interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oQLPRE21o

neat

like he said not really surprising that it doesn't help identify him but it definitely sounds like some unnerving zodiac rambling

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah that's cool if for nothing else that it might bring more light into who the Zodiac was and solving the other ciphers. The cool part is being able to do it today through technology that couldn't have been imagined in the 60's and 70's. Just waiting for that final "gently caress you" to the Zodiac by finally getting concrete proof of who that horrid fucker was.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah that's cool if for nothing else that it might bring more light into who the Zodiac was and solving the other ciphers. The cool part is being able to do it today through technology that couldn't have been imagined in the 60's and 70's. Just waiting for that final "gently caress you" to the Zodiac by finally getting concrete proof of who that horrid fucker was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I always thought this was a really distasteful meme, honestly. Not least because it brought "jokey" attention to a scumbag like Cruz but also because it detracts from the real life murders.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1C0UT_7KO0&ab_channel=AnomalyDocumentaries
Tonight we look into the unfortunate world of South Korea's last shantytown, located at the foot of its richest neighbourhood. It's not the kind of poverty you might expect, but it certainly is just as tragic.

Guryong Village is the home of many a poor elderly Korean, most of whom have been pushed out of their previous home to make room for development. Once a neighbourhood is restored, the old residents typically can't afford to live there - and this has steadily happened to most of the country's shantytowns. Now, Guryong is the last one standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/marinamaral2/status/1337391666089631745

I honestly do believe every person who hasn't experienced war should bare minimum watch the film Come and See from 1985. It will give you the tiniest taste of it's realities and inoculate you against thinking that war is in any way the best outcome for any situation.