Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vorik posted:

I'm sorry video game titties are more important to you than marginalized folks feeling unsafe at the widespread male gaze, transphobia and sexism proudly on display in this video game, gamer.

What the gently caress are you on about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Hoping ACG drops his review tomorrow as I tend to enjoy games that he likes

I plan to go Nomad hacker with a focus on Intelligence, reflex and technical ability.
I wanna hack and build poo poo

As someone else has said, ACG was supposed to get review code but per his twitter, he has now been told that's not happening. He may cover it after release, but he's going to be looking at other games.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nondescript Van posted:

LOL at Penis 2 being marketing. It's cut vs uncut you dweebs. Same way hair is Hair 1, Hair 2, etc.

I remember a few months ago when the character creations options were hinted at and some people were upset about 2 peniseses vs 1 vagina option and it was really obvious it was to include circumcision and not some sort of penis bias (at least in that case). That's the kind of confusion you court by giving all your options a number and not something descriptive like "Mullet" and "Bigger Mullet"

Which is to say they should delay the game another week to name all the body parts properly :colbert:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

coolusername posted:

No, what I want IS it to be like, a modern Witcher iii
(But this time I can make a cool lady), maybe have a little nice romance, and do a lot of fun storylines. It's just all the advertising and things I keep hearing is like "it's an even sexier GTA! Choose your dick size and then go wander a land full of sexy tits and rear end! Playboy magazines baby!" Like it's a triple aaa come play my lord makes me concerned that this is absolutely focused on the big money making market I am absolutely not included in, you know? So if there are less... That.. sorts of trailers and talks I want to know.

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

*Resetera lol

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Darth Walrus posted:

I do wonder what the definition of a 'tech weapon' is. That's what the engineer skill tree seems to principally benefit, and they seem distinct from rifles, pistols, and so on. Maybe they're your built-in weapons?

There are different weapon mod types:

Power weapons – high fire rate, high recoil.
Tech weapons – low fire rate, high penetration.
Smart weapons – guided bullets.

So for a pistol, you can install a Power Weapon mod, a Tech Weapon mod, or a Smart Weapon mod. The Power Weapon version shoots faster, the Tech Weapon version shoots slower but goes through people and cover, and the Smart Weapon version has guided bullets that can shoot round corners. Perks that affect Tech Weapons would not affect the pistol if it has a Power or Smart mod installed, perks that affect Pistols would affect it regardless of mod type.

I think? Based on a wiki for a not yet released game, so could be inaccurate

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do hope that they allow us a good, satisfying 'no, seriously, gently caress the corps' ending. I want to absolutely ruin Arasaka and Miltech's days. Punks aren't sellouts to 'ethical capitalists', especially when they're the biggest arms dealers in America.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I do hope that they allow us a good, satisfying 'no, seriously, gently caress the corps' ending. I want to absolutely ruin Arasaka and Miltech's days. Punks aren't sellouts to 'ethical capitalists', especially when they're the biggest arms dealers in America.

Getting the Penis 2 unlocks the hidden ending where you stroll in front of the Arasaka main office and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfk-a1JZMbU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
I loved the Witcher 3 marketing campaign of "Find your adopted daughter and be a good father in a world full of monsters"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao at people playing a stat based video game and complaining that their level 1 character with no skills or items is bad at stuff. i swear some of the whining is coming from folks who have never played video games.

By now I'm used to early guns firing off at a 45 degree angle while someone in the distance screams "IT'S REALISTIC GUNPLAY!" at the top of their lungs until you unlock the ones with laser accurate full auto hipfire later.

I'm more curious about if the more "passive" Cyberware limbs are full swaps or stat sticks.

Like, will how strong robotic punch arms are be reliant on how muscular your meatsack arms the surgeon chopped off and threw in a dumpster were?

Like some kind of cyberpunk Twilight zone episode. "Alas, they neglected the most powerful machine of all. The human body (loaded with future drugs)."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 6, 2020

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Nondescript Van posted:

I loved the Witcher 3 marketing campaign of "Find your adopted daughter and be a good father in a world full of monsters"

Yeah. CDPR has always been edgy with their marketing when the Witcher games generally are not that way (outside of some of the silliness of the first)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Apollo posted:

ACG didn't get a review code, so don't hold your breath.

Iymarra posted:

As someone else has said, ACG was supposed to get review code but per his twitter, he has now been told that's not happening. He may cover it after release, but he's going to be looking at other games.

Well gently caress THIS GAME!!!! Preorder is loving CANCELLED!!!!!!

That is kinda bullshitty though. I'm a touch surprised since he has 717,000 subscribers. Maybe because he doesn't give a score? Boo either way

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Its going to be the only game anyone on earth is talking about until next year, of course he will buy and play it for his video games review channel lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah. CDPR has always been edgy with their marketing when the Witcher games generally are not that way (outside of some of the silliness of the first)

The marketing is extremely BLOW poo poo UP GET DRUNK GET LAID WOOO ANARCHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY but the people who got to play the 16 hour preview have mostly talked about how it has SOME of that but is more like Deus Ex with a big map than GTA V gently caress WHORES GET PAID poo poo.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

black.lion posted:

I know this is an unfair question but, ballpark, how much space do I need on my SSD for the game + all the day one update patch stuff? 100gb? MORE?!

Don't forget to account for 2-5g of big tiddie/dick mods.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm considering cancelling my preorder if I can't install extra cyberarms on my body and walk around with four arms like CyberGoro, someone please confirm/deny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"Ay caramba, these pendejos are really cookin' my enchiladas!" - the nuanced and sophisticated writing of CP2077.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

exquisite tea posted:

"Ay caramba, these pendejos are really cookin' my enchiladas!" - the nuanced and sophisticated writing of CP2077.

code:
TECHNO-MONGO ONLY PAWN IN POST-CYPERPOCALYPTIC AUGMENTED REALITY GAME OF LIFE

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

The marketing is extremely BLOW poo poo UP GET DRUNK GET LAID WOOO ANARCHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY but the people who got to play the 16 hour preview have mostly talked about how it has SOME of that but is more like Deus Ex with a big map than GTA V gently caress WHORES GET PAID poo poo.

Hmm its frankly bizarre that marketing teams would focus on the coolest and most exciting, action-packed parts of a game that you mostly spend talking to people...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I predict this to be a 100 hour first person RPG with some average gameplay that gets too easy after a while, but elevated by its writing and character moments. It's not going to be a life-sim promised by a fraud who lost a legal argument with Kevin Costner of all people.

The reason why the reboot Assassins Creed games dont measure up to the Witcher 3 is that the question marks on the map are just light distractions that fill the spaces between the real meat of the game. Ubisoft decided those question marks WERE the game which leads to a lot of underwhelming filler in lieu of content that doesn't respect your time.

Horizon however is on Witcher 3's level.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 6, 2020

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Vorik posted:

Transphobia, the male gaze and video game titties.. this game is just chock full of problematic stuff. Sometimes it's not worth putting a game over marginalized folks. It really has been making me rethink my pre order.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think its a cut and dry situation when a piece of media is trying to depict a dystopia. Like, it's not as if the overall message of the game is going to be "this place is fantastic! look at all these tits!". This is a clumsy analogy, but you don't read Brave New World in order to be titillated.

I think it does become a whole big gray area with a video game though, because the overriding principle for any big budget video game is for it to be fun and satisfying and pleasant and gorgeous.

So you potentially have a game that's trying to do social commentary, but has ultimately built a world that its audience will find satisfying and want to spend time in, and 'discomfort' is antithetical to that. And obviously, the story and experience are built around a player actively engaging with the game. Maybe there are narrative ways to push back against certain things? The Witcher series was always in that weird position of saying "look, Geralt likes to gently caress", so ended up being very male gazey. This has the potential to be a bit more open and malleable to player agency. But honestly, I have no idea. I'm sure reviews etc will go into this. Nothing wrong with cancelling your preorder and waiting for reviews and editorials if you're worried the game might not be for you.

So really, there are a lot of unknowns here. I think a lot of it will rest on how the writing handles things like sex work or the trans experience, or even whether it handles those things at all. The Witcher 3, Geral'ts sex drive aside, was really good at making characters - even questy NPCs - feel like real people with complicated lives. I think if this game keeps that up, it'll be a good thing.

Obviously, the marketing - especially on Twitter - has been really exploitative, which isn't a good sign. But I do think it's a little too nuanced to make calls about this game making marginalised people unsafe while everything's still under embargo. Give it a week or so.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm considering cancelling my preorder if I can't install extra cyberarms on my body and walk around with four arms like CyberGoro, someone please confirm/deny

drat I never thought I would want to do a melee run in this game...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

All I want is to play another game with the quest quality of TW3. The only thing the rest of the game has to do is not be so bad that it detracts from that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
this seems small and silly but one thing that excites me is the potential for DLC. they could release new mods and weapons and clothes and missions and perks all within the framework of Night City for years if they wanted, the game could grow and change for years to come. that seems neat and cool to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thinking about character customization in CP Red, compared to the video game adaptation we are about to play in a few days. In Red you start out with 62 points to spend on 10 stats, you have 70 skills, 6 weapon slots (you can increase this with some cyber implants), 3 armor slots, 20 inventory slots, and 56 cybernetic implant slots that in some cases you can increase how many more slots you have (you can give your character two additional arms for example). The big thing though that disappoints me about CP77 in comparison to the pen and paper RPG, is that character background is stripped way down to just three basic backgrounds, but to make up for this CDPR made them very meaningful choices as they determine how your game starts and plays.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Bust Rodd posted:

Hmm its frankly bizarre that marketing teams would focus on the coolest and most exciting, action-packed parts of a game that you mostly spend talking to people...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U

this gives me hope that we will find out original teaser video cyberlady and explore the cyberpsychosis aspect of augmentations

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

*Resetera lol

Resetera is a poo poo forum full of corporate bootlickers and shills. God help you on that board if you try to criticize a game dev.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smugworth posted:

You can do this in CP Red, so I really hope it's an option in CP77.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sean10mm posted:

than GTA V gently caress WHORES GET PAID poo poo.

I think they must be running different types of campaigns to different demographics because none of what I've seen has been this poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

*Resetera lol

It was my understanding that ResetEra is banning all discussion of this game? People were sharing in the last thread that they (resetera) actually hate this game because of a few things about it that they find offensively problematic.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 6, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Smugworth posted:

4 arms? Think bigger, become a cyber spider and add another pair

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Dpulex posted:

Resetera is a poo poo forum full of corporate bootlickers and shills. God help you on that board if you try to criticize a game dev.

The top pinned post on Resetera right now is a 61 page thread arguing that CDPR is a deeply transphobic company, but okay!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

TheRat posted:

I think they must be running different types of campaigns to different demographics because none of what I've seen has been this poo poo

My cyberpunk marketing universe has mostly been “YOU GET TO HANG OUT WITH KEANU REEVES, MANY SHADY CHARACTERS HAVE A JOB FOR YOU, LOOK AT THESE COOL CARS AND GUNS”

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

this seems small and silly but one thing that excites me is the potential for DLC. they could release new mods and weapons and clothes and missions and perks all within the framework of Night City for years if they wanted, the game could grow and change for years to come. that seems neat and cool to me.

I don’t know that this isn’t in the main game, but the Cyberpunk IP has a lot of low-orbit space bullshit like competing space stations and cultures that only exist off planet. There’s a lot of leeway to tell stories there, and it wouldn’t be open world obviously, which might cut down on the work. Idk.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Resetera is horrible for being every galaxy-brained take you've ever read on twitter about video games condensed into an internet forum, not exactly for being corporate shills.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Akarshi posted:

Man there's a lot of people goin nuts over the less than optimal gunplay, crowd density on base Xbone, and driving.

Good thing the only CRPGs I've played recently were Alpha Protocol and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, as long as the gameplay is at a similar level I'm happy. Roleplaying potential > all other considerations, bring on the jankkk

Please dear god let there be a character as joyously batshit crazy as Nolan North’s Steven Heck.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
resetERA is basically a lot of people overcompensating for their time supporting NeoGAF which ended up being everything they're supposedly now against, and it's just kind of a lot now.

I feel like the hype cycles are at least mellowing out a bit, because it's exhausting to see people whip themselves into frenzies about upcoming games and movies. Goons are pretty chill nowadays, what with us all being like 80 years at this point.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vorik posted:

I'm sorry video game titties are more important to you than marginalized folks feeling unsafe at the widespread male gaze, transphobia and sexism proudly on display in this video game, gamer.

Source your Resetera quotes!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
if i wanted to read resetera´s take on this game i would...i dont know...read resetera

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Please dear god let there be a character as joyously batshit crazy as Nolan North’s Steven Heck.

trevor from gtav wishes it was as cool as my friend steven.

holy hell everysingle character in gtav is awful except the daughter who has legit personality disorders and made me really sad for her

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 6, 2020

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Someone leak a fem V and male partner sex scene to balance things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !