Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
all the other examples posted and more are equally bad for the reasons homeless snail has offered (and more)

well except the cher lloyd song i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
anyway it doesnt matter bc ive decided i was wrong and the real answer is mass avatar purchases or doles by weirdos which i keep having to adblock

except the lovely sonic that ones good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Big fan of the custom emotes me and my homies have made over the years

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shrink this down and get it on SA imo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rarity posted:

Always sincere :hai:

:hmmyes:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played FF7R once in normal mode and didn't notice any bad graphics, but I'm not an artist or a graphics snob either. I played on an OG PS4. Maybe it's because I'm old and remember how poo poo games used to look. My first game was Horace Goes Skiing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am trying to build miniature crates for tabletop terrain using lovely popsicle sticks and gorilla glue and I bet if I had a better setup for weighing stuff down to get the glue to properly cure and connect, I might end up with some ok lovely-looking terrain that is perfectly on point for the game I'm making it for.

I'm hoping to find a paper crimper at one of the local craft stores but I'm not holding my breath there. Gonna look into paint sharpies too because I'm curious if they work well, if they're worth using and what they're best used for, but for right now I've got pieces of broken popsicle sticks, cheap christmas ornaments, and glue, and I'm gonna find a way to make this poo poo look completely and utterly passable.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the weird textures in ff7r arent really a big problem, but its one of those things where its like, they very clearly are not supposed to look like that and you would think it would be an easy and quick fix. but they just, havent done anything about it. mostly just odd more than anything.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

sharrrk posted:

the weird textures in ff7r arent really a big problem, but its one of those things where its like, they very clearly are not supposed to look like that and you would think it would be an easy and quick fix. but they just, havent done anything about it. mostly just odd more than anything.

Is it only in certain locations, or every object of a certain type, or ...?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I honestly didn't notice it on the base PS4. All big games have the occasional lovely texture, I don't think it was particularly egregious.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

redreader posted:

Is it only in certain locations, or every object of a certain type, or ...?

its only in very specific spots. the big one everyone notices is a door that is very prominent early on in the game, but theres a couple other instances like one of the skyboxes later on and some random trash piles that make up some of the background areas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I am trying to build miniature crates for tabletop terrain using lovely popsicle sticks and gorilla glue and I bet if I had a better setup for weighing stuff down to get the glue to properly cure and connect, I might end up with some ok lovely-looking terrain that is perfectly on point for the game I'm making it for.

I'm hoping to find a paper crimper at one of the local craft stores but I'm not holding my breath there. Gonna look into paint sharpies too because I'm curious if they work well, if they're worth using and what they're best used for, but for right now I've got pieces of broken popsicle sticks, cheap christmas ornaments, and glue, and I'm gonna find a way to make this poo poo look completely and utterly passable.

you can find printable paper crate designs online for free and if you print those on oak tag or whatever paper card stock you got they look good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

13 Sentinels coming in as a late dark horse for my goatie list.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

sharrrk posted:

It's especially weird considering that, unless it is some sort of absolutely unsolvable Unreal problem, my immediate guess of what would be causing the problem is that it's just loading in the wrong LOD and you'd just need to gently caress around with the distance at which it loads the most detailed version, which would be an incredibly quick fix. So yeah, I'm guessing it's more of a "eh gently caress it"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

13 Sentinels coming in as a late dark horse for my goatie list.

hell yeah

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I beat Kiwami with 88% completion. I was really tempted to go for 100%, but there are just so many weird gambling games I don't understand or enjoy and also forget where they even are. Didn't even use all my cheating items. I did beat most of the other minigames I did like. Didn't get the pool achievements, really finicky with a controller.

Majima Everywhere would've been better if doing it meant the end of his attacks. At one point I just lost to him to get it over with since there was nothing more to gain. Actually the last half the game when I had no need for exp or money it would've been nice to get the item to let you avoid battles. The ending got me sad but I was happy to walk around with HAruka and might go back to get the achievements for being cool uncle. Ithink I'd play a Yakuza where he just runs the ophanage he grew up in.

I want to play Yakuza 0 but I'm really super punched out and don't wanna go back and establish the relationships I mostly just punched or watch get punched just yet. Does the new turn based one spoil the old ones in any deflating way?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

hell yeah

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Ithink I'd play a Yakuza where he just runs the ophanage he grew up in.
got good news for you about yakuza 3. or, at least 20% of yakuza 3

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

tag urself I wanna be natsuno

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tak...but she's cropped out. i think that might be her hair on the left

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey VG you said you'd post the GOTY thread this weekend and well, there's only 35 minutes left of it :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The first Xbone controller I bought for my pc, the A button broke and became unresponsive. The second, the triggers broke and think they're held down forever. Both lasted less than a week.

gently caress Xbone controllers.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

The first Xbone controller I bought for my pc, the A button broke and became unresponsive. The second, the triggers broke and think they're held down forever. Both lasted less than a week.

gently caress Xbone controllers.

Just wait until you get a Switch

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Violen posted:

anyway it doesnt matter bc ive decided i was wrong and the real answer is mass avatar purchases or doles by weirdos which i keep having to adblock

except the lovely sonic that ones good

I suggest you pick up some meth and a bunch of old PS3 games, should put you in a better mood. Or so I've heard; the one time I tried meth all I did was watch Welcome to Mexico, rear end in a top hat 6 times in a row

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

Hey VG you said you'd post the GOTY thread this weekend and well, there's only 35 minutes left of it :colbert:

There's 5 hours of it left.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i can't soon vent my lovely opinions into a thread where vg is honor bound to quote me later so help me god i will be shaking my head

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Walla posted:

There's 5 hours of it left.

Not in VG's timezone :colbert:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Fluffy but he's cropped out, to the left.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I apologise for the dumbness of this question: playing disco elysium on pc with mouse + keyboard. I have controllers and like them (and a steam controller) but I assume this game isn't really a controller game? But I hate holding shift with my pinky while I run around with WASD. I could just reconfigure run I suppose, but before I do that is there a better option, e.g. 'controller is better than m+kb for this game' or whatever? And I don't see a 'run everywhere' option either.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

redreader posted:

I apologise for the dumbness of this question: playing disco elysium on pc with mouse + keyboard. I have controllers and like them (and a steam controller) but I assume this game isn't really a controller game? But I hate holding shift with my pinky while I run around with WASD. I could just reconfigure run I suppose, but before I do that is there a better option, e.g. 'controller is better than m+kb for this game' or whatever? And I don't see a 'run everywhere' option either.

I don't know if this is exaaaaaaactly the sort of solution you're looking for but if you just move with the mouse, double clicking makes you run

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't know if this is exaaaaaaactly the sort of solution you're looking for but if you just move with the mouse, double clicking makes you run

Sorry! I know about that already. I'm trying to avoid rsi click finger.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

redreader posted:

Sorry! I know about that already. I'm trying to avoid rsi click finger.

Alright this is kind of a not optimal solution but you could turn skicky keys on and just keep shift activated

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I didn't even know you could wasd in that game

idk, if there's no auto run either turn on sticky keys or use autohotkey to make it hold shift

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or roleplay as a person who walks around

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

i'm megumi and i'm ready to throw down

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I’m Miwako, laughing out of frame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seriously who makes art of 13 sentinels without minimum 13 of the main chars visible

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's especially weird considering that, unless it is some sort of absolutely unsolvable Unreal problem, my immediate guess of what would be causing the problem is that it's just loading in the wrong LOD and you'd just need to gently caress around with the distance at which it loads the most detailed version, which would be an incredibly quick fix. So yeah, I'm guessing it's more of a "eh gently caress it"

A lot of modern middleware solutions lead to this kind of problem honestly. You can look at the game-making thread to get a few more examples but Unity and Unreal occasionally do some really weird unexpected poo poo if you try to be clever.

That one lovely door texture in FF7R is probably some poor environment developer’s white whale and likely stems from Unreal deciding the texture never needs to leave preview quality because the filename starts with “p_” or something weird like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Big fan of the custom emotes me and my homies have made over the years

This is my discord server's masterpiece: