Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Chalks posted:

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

Best Buy hosed up and sent out their CE's days ago. Then they began to sell the game at retail the next day. Hence this is why people are playing the game that are not reviewers etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chalks posted:

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s when digital players get their version unlocked and when physical players can get the Day 1 patch.

Yeah, its for digital.

Physical release time is whenever you get it in your mitts. Although most stores won't be selling until Thursday. And most digital versions will effectively be out on Wednesday, unless you live in East Asia.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes I believe Xbox is the one single platform where changing your region can get you earlier access.

On PC you don't have to, and on PS4 I believe that doesn't work.

12AM LOCAL TIME for Xbox, so region matters, and changing your region may get you earlier access.

On PC region does not matter.

Oh poo poo that’s awesome. This is like the inverse of last gen in terms of Sony making the better consumer choices and Microsoft was in full lol mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Last Call posted:

Best Buy hosed up and sent out their CE's days ago. Then they began to sell the game at retail the next day. Hence this is why people are playing the game that are not reviewers etc.

I tried to get a copy yesterday at my Best Buy, but they wouldn't sell to me. :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, its for digital.

Physical release time is whenever you get it in your mitts. Although most stores won't be selling until Thursday. And most digital versions will effectively be out on Wednesday, unless you live in East Asia.

if you want to go physical. go to walmarts or mom and pop stores because they sometimes gently caress up and get poo poo early. i bought it digital because it seems a lot less hassle. wanna see how it looks on my ps5 plus free upgrade to ps5 version without disc bullshit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh poo poo that’s awesome. This is like the inverse of last gen in terms of Sony making the better consumer choices and Microsoft was in full lol mode.

I could totally be wrong, but that seems to be how it works. Things could always change though so we'll find out for sure on Wednesday. But on Xbox its definitely worth a shot.

But on PC you don't even have to :) I was ready to go full hacker mode and VPN to NZ but GOG will just unlock at NZ time anyways!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The music sting that opens each of the 2077 official clips.
Like the first 10 seconds here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNC6MEA4rQk

Is that part of a longer song that I can listen to/download?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I said come in! posted:

I tried to get a copy yesterday at my Best Buy, but they wouldn't sell to me. :(

I didn't see any copies at mine of Friday. There wasn't even a display or anything.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I said come in! posted:

They likely pulled them once someone pointed out the mistake.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

doingitwrong posted:

The music sting that opens each of the 2077 official clips.
Like the first 10 seconds here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNC6MEA4rQk

Is that part of a longer song that I can listen to/download?

I've played that part a few times because yeah. sounds dope

dunno if its a clip from a longer track

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It's probably the sound you hear every time you level up and we'll all be sick of it by Christmas! :woop:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I can only say, yehaww
https://i.imgur.com/25xdeMa.png

(V on the inventory screen)

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I use SumatraPDF

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Turin Turambar posted:

I can only say, yehaww

Micheal Jackson!

Kinda looks like him, well at least the 80's How they might look in twenty years time depiction of him anyways.

Boy were they way off.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

I can only say, yehaww

Looking at those pants makes me wonder if tight clothes will have outline corresponding to your "hardware".

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

alex314 posted:

Looking at those pants makes me wonder if tight clothes will have outline corresponding to your "hardware".

Cyberpunk 2077 - The emotional climax of the main story was ruined by my Penis 2 clipping out of my shiny leather pants

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doingitwrong posted:

None of the E Ink readers do color at the moment. Except for this exciting tech demo of a product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnzrxaZViU

So your best bet will be some kind of tablet. I don't know how the Android tablets are for PDF reading. But they are cheaper in general than iPads. If I was gonna get an iPad just for reading PDFs/Comics etc, I'd get the newly released Air.

Thanks I should have said that I meant how it looked after being converted to B&W and if it’s tolerable vs getting a tablet. That said I might just use my laptop I keep next to my work one to read it during the day. It’s something I keep wanting to get, but I always change my mind. I’m still surprised E Ink color hasn’t happened as I feel like it’s been near a decade since I first heard about it being in development.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

https://open.spotify.com/album/5ugtQIITeIJySJN7Rr7gOC?si=n8CoH4FQRUGHtODm8gSCMA

Looks like some of the game score is up on Spotify

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah they put those up there weeks ago as part of the last Night City Wire.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah they put those up there weeks ago as part of the last Night City Wire.

Yep, it’s also on Amazon Music too, and I’d assume Apple too.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Do NOT buy this game for the sex scenes. They are extremely poor.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm disappointed more people didn't vote Street Kid. :colbert:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NoMas posted:

Don’t project your shortcomings onto the game.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

NoMas posted:

new thread title

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

NoMas posted:

NoMas, more like NoNut

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

NoMas posted:

don't hold out on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your cyberdong broke didn’t it?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Got hacked by 6th Street and they made it floppy

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

NoMas posted:

You mean can't DP a woman with a character that has two dicks?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
can you have sex with yourself via the quick disconnect cyber butt hole?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm going to make a day one mod that replaces all the sex noises with the noises the Terminator makes when it's moving without skin on which is the best way I know how to explain that particular machine noise.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k7yxl5/sex_scene_leaks_and_judys_kitty_tattoo/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

no but the era cyberpunk thread got gassed again as did the other resetera cdpr=bad thread and the OT is gonna be made by mods now or some poo poo.

someone dug up the OPs twitter and since he was chud leaning dipshit he got perma banned. i have a feeling the games gonna get banned on that board.

https://twitter.com/Black_Chamber_/status/1095154566860075008

well those are awkward looking, just like irl.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 7, 2020

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

NoMas posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Radios stations

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

NoMas posted:

That means you really thought it was acceptable to buy a $60 game because of the sex scenes, if they happened to be good? :P

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just watched a combat sequence of decent duration, part played on Hard, and part played on Normal. It was the Maelstrom base so it wasn't a big spoiler for me

Weapons are great. The unique animations when you equip them, the reload animations, the sounds, the recoil, the f/x. It seemed to me comparable to Destiny or CoD. Well done.

However, the combat difficulty and how affect damage haven't convinced me AT ALL. From what I could see, in Hard the player received not that much damage (relatively speaking, at least after a few enemies taking shots at him and the player reaction poorly, his hp was still at half), however the enemy hp seems twice their hp in Normal difficulty. They were very bullet spongy in Hard mode. edit: and I mean way more we watched in the small combat snippets of the official trailers. It also could be the player was underleveled. Who knows.

Stealth is hard. If enemies are in alerted status, they discover you at a decent distance and almost instantly.

Enemy hackers can hack you (overheating you) if enemy cameras see you, cool idea, but it seemed somewhat annoying, lots of cameras and it happened again and again.

Health stims recover health bit by bit, I like that, you can't cheese fights by healing to full in an instant just before dying.

Food and drinks can give you long duration (but small) bonuses.

PS5 quick travel time: 10-11 seconds?

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 7, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no but the era cyberpunk thread got gassed again as did the other resetera cdpr=bad thread and the OT is gonna be made by mods now or some poo poo.

someone dug up the OPs twitter and since he was chud leaning dipshit he got perma banned. i have a feeling the games gonna get banned on that board.

:bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes:

Hot take time, people at Resetera are the reason some people voted for Trump. I mean that’s dumb as poo poo, but hey circular stupid all around son.

At least lowtax just asked for your loving money and didn’t care. He still created more of an effective barrier than any other message board. I mean he’s still a piece of poo poo and God bless Uwe Boll.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turin Turambar posted:

Radios stations

Does anyone know if there’s any synthwave or just just goddamn EDM?
Like I get it EDM has its place, but I don’t wanna listen that poo poo all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes:

Hot take time, people at Resetera are the reason some people voted for Trump. I mean that’s dumb as poo poo, but hey circular stupid all around son.

At least lowtax just asked for your loving money and didn’t care. He still created more of an effective barrier than any other message board. I mean he’s still a piece of poo poo and God bless Uwe Boll.

yeah. i will sorta agree that poo poo like resetera and bad hot take types on twitter, kinda hurt us in 2016. it wasnt a giant reason but it wouldnt shock me if it made some folks sit out. anyway, this year, not as much because trump is way worse(and was worse than too). I mean i a pretty loving progressive and spend way to much time on DnD/sometimes cspam and i am sure most of them dislike me being boring Soc dem or whatever but weird poo poo shows like resetera give progressives a bad name, it takes the worst parts of idpol left and CWO left and just rots in them.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 7, 2020