Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

What constitutes a good "damage support" character's artifact stats? I'm guessing Enegy Regen and Elemental Mastery, but what about the other slots? Maybe attack or attack %? Crit seems like it wouldn't be as useful unless you're using a Favonius weapon or something (where you'd want enough crit% to quickly get a crit for swapping out). It's always hard deciding what to level up. I'm trying to only focus on 5*s now, since I get them frequently enough that it seems a waste to level up 4*s.

And for DPS carry, I'm guessing at least 3 of attack + attack % + crit % + crit damage (with crit % vs crit damage kind of depending upon how much you already have).

Artifacts seem to be by far the most important thing; the impact they have is just super dramatic compared with gear in most MMO/RPG games. A single artifact being good or bad can mean something like a 50% difference in your damage.

It's dumb and kind of unintuitive but elemental mastery only matters for character whose hit actually triggers the reaction. So if you apply hydro with Xingqiu and then trigger melt with Diluc, the game only looks at Diluc's level and EM.
So whether EM is good on a support or not varies based on the specific character, your specific team comp, and how you use them, except for anemo supports who are always the one to trigger Swirl.

There are three artifact slots that roll random main-stats: the circlet, goblet, and hourglass. All three can roll attack or EM, but only the circlet can roll crit chance or crit damage, only the goblet can roll %elemental damage or % physical damage, and only the hourglass can roll energy recharge. The feather and flower aren't randomized and have the same stats every time (flat attack and flat HP).

In general using a crit circlet is not better than a +ATK one until you have multiple 5* artifacts with good crit substat rolls already, but it's close enough that you're not missing out on too much if you end up using one (especially if it's the only 5* hat artifact you have from that set).
Energy Recharge on a support can be good if they have a more utility-focused burst or if you have trouble generating enough energy for them but if you're using them to deal damage and not just enable reactions you probably want attack.
Using an elemental-damage goblet is almost always the best option for damage, better than attack. This is because the % elemental damage bonus stacks multiplicatively with your total attack bonus but getting more attack just stacks additively. This is the most important artifact slot for damage and is probably the one slot you'll have mismatched from your item set.

For artifact substat rolls, flat +atk is a trap. Attack is good but the numbers are just so low as to be worthless. You're mostly looking for %atk or crit chance/crit damage as the most valuable substat rolls.
But optimizing your artifact's random substats is just a trap to suck you into the infinite hellgrind and keep you busy. Focus on getting a good set effect with good mainstats and just ignore the substats until you have all your characters decently geared already.

Ytlaya posted:

How does this work with elemental shields that specifically protect against certain elements (or stuff like Zhongli's shield being more efficient against Geo damage)? Like if Zhongli has his shield up and you also have some other character's shield, and he takes 2000 Geo damage, does his shield take the lower amount while the other shield takes the full amount?
I'm pretty sure that's how it works, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you wanna do support-y stuff, just stick the pillar near badguys and then hit them with whatever elements you were gonna hit them with anyways. It'll do some almost-relevant damage and also generate a crystallize reaction from every geo pulse, giving you free 0-effort shields (and a damage bonus if you have archaic petra set!). Reactions scale with level though so level 20 zhongli's crystallize shields are probably pretty wimpy.

Yeah, I'm reading experiences from people conquering the last floors of the Abyss thanks to him and I have no idea what they're doing. The most of I've used him was the test run, fighting the Anemo resin boss because his obelisks are so tall and they make collecting the sigils easy and the story quest. I don't get what the fortifying thing does, or how it resonates on other Geo constructs or what makes Petrification happen.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm too dumb to get this or if I'm so confused because I'm not familiar with gacha games but how exactly does having a party work in this game? Like, all the characters are actually people that exist in the world doing things so how is Childe in our party and also heading back to Snezhnaya at the same time? I know it's a dumb complaint but I don't think I've ever played a game where your party is full of important characters in the world but no one ever interacts with each other.

Really, it's the Paimon and special guest, two or three dialogue boxes show so far.
edit: Doing a quick edit to grab this because ooh, all the information is broken down cleanly and simply which is something I really need.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's dumb and kind of unintuitive but elemental mastery only matters for character whose hit actually triggers the reaction. So if you apply hydro with Xingqiu and then trigger melt with Diluc, the game only looks at Diluc's level and EM.
So whether EM is good on a support or not varies based on the specific character, your specific team comp, and how you use them, except for anemo supports who are always the one to trigger Swirl.

There are three artifact slots that roll random main-stats: the circlet, goblet, and hourglass. All three can roll attack or EM, but only the circlet can roll crit chance or crit damage, only the goblet can roll %elemental damage or % physical damage, and only the hourglass can roll energy recharge. The feather and flower aren't randomized and have the same stats every time (flat attack and flat HP).

In general using a crit circlet is not better than a +ATK one until you have multiple 5* artifacts with good crit substat rolls already, but it's close enough that you're not missing out on too much if you end up using one (especially if it's the only 5* hat artifact you have from that set).
Energy Recharge on a support can be good if they have a more utility-focused burst or if you have trouble generating enough energy for them but if you're using them to deal damage and not just enable reactions you probably want attack.
Using an elemental-damage goblet is almost always the best option for damage, better than attack. This is because the % elemental damage bonus stacks multiplicatively with your total attack bonus but getting more attack just stacks additively. This is the most important artifact slot for damage and is probably the one slot you'll have mismatched from your item set.

For artifact substat rolls, flat +atk is a trap. Attack is good but the numbers are just so low as to be worthless. You're mostly looking for %atk or crit chance/crit damage as the most valuable substat rolls.
But optimizing your artifact's random substats is just a trap to suck you into the infinite hellgrind and keep you busy. Focus on getting a good set effect with good mainstats and just ignore the substats until you have all your characters decently geared already.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I'm not sure if I'm too dumb to get this or if I'm so confused because I'm not familiar with gacha games but how exactly does having a party work in this game? Like, all the characters are actually people that exist in the world doing things so how is Childe in our party and also heading back to Snezhnaya at the same time? I know it's a dumb complaint but I don't think I've ever played a game where your party is full of important characters in the world but no one ever interacts with each other.

Really, it's the Paimon and special guest, two or three dialogue boxes show so far.
It's basically established immediately the moment you get your Monstadt friends as party members and you have Amber talk to Amber - it's not canon. The vast majority of the time, it's just MC and Paimon running around, and your "party" does not exist as far as the story cares.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terper posted:

It's basically established immediately the moment you get your Monstadt friends as party members and you have Amber talk to Amber - it's not canon. The vast majority of the time, it's just MC and Paimon running around, and your "party" does not exist as far as the story cares.

Most of the time I don't have the MC in my party so I get swapped to her immediately once a cutscene starts. That explains things. This reminds me of another game but I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head now.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Obviously the MC is a coser and just puts on other people's outfits whenever you "switch" to them

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
So bunch of people getting hacked/hacking attempts again....2FA anytime soon? More than anything else this is what's going to make me drop it, if I do drop it.

edit: 400 million dollars lmao where is it going?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...tm_source=share

tl;dr : It's also really easy to see your email, like security 100 poo poo not even 101

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

SirKibbles posted:

Entire corporate board were able to get C6 Diluc and Qiqi and still had 100 million left.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Araganzar posted:

Entire corporate board were able to get D6 Diluc and Qiqi and still had 100 million left.

come on, that's not enough to get two 5* characters to c6

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ytlaya posted:

What constitutes a good "damage support" character's artifact stats? I'm guessing Enegy Regen and Elemental Mastery, but what about the other slots? Maybe attack or attack %? Crit seems like it wouldn't be as useful unless you're using a Favonius weapon* or something (where you'd want enough crit% to quickly get a crit for swapping out). It's always hard deciding what to level up. I'm trying to only focus on 5*s now, since I get them frequently enough that it seems a waste to level up 4*s.

And for DPS carry, I'm guessing at least 3 of attack + attack % + crit % + crit damage (with crit % vs crit damage kind of depending upon how much you already have).

Artifacts seem to be by far the most important thing; the impact they have is just super dramatic compared with gear in most MMO/RPG games. A single artifact being good or bad can mean something like a 50% difference in your damage.

* Speaking of this, I really need to level up my Bennet, because I have an R5 Favonius Sword (the game seems to love giving me Favonius weapons; I also have an R3 Favonius Bow) that would probably be extremely good on him. Favonius Sword also looks really cool IMO.

The further you get into endgame the more you just build almost everyone as DPS with ATK% hourglass, DMG% goblet and either ATK% or crit headgear (depending on substats and weapon/ascension stat). The main exceptions are healers, anemo swirlbots and people with oddball scaling like Bennett, Noelle and Sucrose. There are some characters where you can consider an energy recharge hourglass but if possible you're probably better off changing your team comp to have more "battery" characters instead.

Favonius sword isn't ideal on Bennett, he has exceptionally good particle generation and also energy recharge as his ascension stat so he has plenty of energy recharge just out of the box. The ATK buff on his ult scales with his base ATK only (weapon ATK + character innate ATK) but Favonius sword has terrible base ATK, it's like 3* level. If you need more energy recharge get him a ER% hourglass instead since a support Bennett doesn't really benefit from ATK from artifacts anyway. Put Favonius sword on like Xingqiu instead, if you don't have Sacrificial Sword.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirKibbles posted:

So bunch of people getting hacked/hacking attempts again....2FA anytime soon? More than anything else this is what's going to make me drop it, if I do drop it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...tm_source=share

tl;dr : It's also really easy to see your email, like security 100 poo poo not even 101

Bet they're working on it. The issue - in my opinion - is that the team has more people about art, lore and game development (collisions, models, etc) compared to stuff like backend security developers (I think we're lucky if they have two).

So it will take time because they have low people count knowledgeable in it, it takes time to whack it into their code and test it (which you absolutely needs with stuff like this) and last but not least, their people might be doing it for the first time, so need to either read up on it (time!) or hire someone specialized in it, who in turn has to get accustomed with their codebase (time!).

I know internet is full of people who are like "I implemented 2FA on my forums with my five friends over night," but a game with millions of accounts and multiple possible directions of attack (website; PC, Android, iOS clients) is something else.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I don't know why you'd assume Mihoyo are working on anything related to account security when their last official response to people raising the hacking issue was along the lines of "actually our security is fine, maybe try securing your own account idiots??"

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

gandlethorpe posted:

So essentially, it's just Klee doing all the DPS with Zhongli supporting with shields and bursts. He's level 60 and not even A4, his talents are level 1, weapon (Favonius Spear) is level 50, and artifacts are +0 save for a 4* maxed EM crown that buffs crystallize by 50%.

That's pretty lol because his A4 is probably the best thing he has going for him. It makes his ult do actual damage.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Bet they're working on it. The issue - in my opinion - is that the team has more people about art, lore and game development (collisions, models, etc) compared to stuff like backend security developers (I think we're lucky if they have two).

So it will take time because they have low people count knowledgeable in it, it takes time to whack it into their code and test it (which you absolutely needs with stuff like this) and last but not least, their people might be doing it for the first time, so need to either read up on it (time!) or hire someone specialized in it, who in turn has to get accustomed with their codebase (time!).

I know internet is full of people who are like "I implemented 2FA on my forums with my five friends over night," but a game with millions of accounts and multiple possible directions of attack (website; PC, Android, iOS clients) is something else.

This isn't some small 3-man startup in a garage. This is a company with 1500 employees that has had a previous game with tens of millions of accounts out for years at this point. They have their own bespoke forums software and some kind of central accounts API as far as I can tell. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of clownshoes approach to account security. Like, if you go to the OWASP password reset security cheat sheet, literally the first bullet point is "return a consistent message for both existent and non-existent accounts". That is, the password reset function should not reveal if the account you attempted to reset the password for exists or not. Here they not only reveal the existence of the account, they just give you the email address and/or phone number for free! It's just zero fucks given about any sort of infosec.

Even if they don't have 2FA there's plenty of other things they could do, like at the very least send out email alerts if your account gets logged into from some weird IP. Or they could integrate with haveibeenpwned's API to prevent use of compromised passwords.

Like, everyone should definitely be using a password manager in this day and age (sign up for 1password or start using Keepass or w/e today, don't use lastpass tho) but this is just a gigantic fuckup on Mihoyo's part.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 6, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ytlaya posted:

What constitutes a good "damage support" character's artifact stats? I'm guessing Enegy Regen and Elemental Mastery, but what about the other slots? Maybe attack or attack %? Crit seems like it wouldn't be as useful unless you're using a Favonius weapon* or something (where you'd want enough crit% to quickly get a crit for swapping out). It's always hard deciding what to level up. I'm trying to only focus on 5*s now, since I get them frequently enough that it seems a waste to level up 4*s.

* Speaking of this, I really need to level up my Bennet, because I have an R5 Favonius Sword (the game seems to love giving me Favonius weapons; I also have an R3 Favonius Bow) that would probably be extremely good on him. Favonius Sword also looks really cool IMO.
Favonius sword is amazing on Bennett. You'll need a crit rate mask but R5 should actually be broken. The neutral particle it generates will restore 6 energy to your current character and 3 energy to your other characters, and those numbers scale with ER - and R5 means this has a 6 second cooldown (perfect for swapping into Bennett). You can put any expensive ults you want in your party and they'll be up all the time, it will be crazy.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 6, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheFluff posted:

This isn't some small 3-man startup in a garage. This is a company with 1500 employees that has had a previous game with tens of millions of accounts out for years at this point. They have their own bespoke forums software and some kind of central accounts API as far as I can tell. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of clownshoes approach to account security. Like, if you go to the OWASP password reset security cheat sheet, literally the first bullet point is "return a consistent message for both existent and non-existent accounts". That is, the password reset function should not reveal if the account you attempted to reset the password for exists or not. Here they not only reveal the existence of the account, they just give you the email address and/or phone number for free! It's just zero fucks given about any sort of infosec.

Even if they don't have 2FA there's plenty of other things they could do, like at the very least send out email alerts if your account gets logged into from some weird IP. Or they could integrate with haveibeenpwned's API to prevent use of compromised passwords.

Like, everyone should definitely be using a password manager in this day and age (sign up for 1password or start using Keepass or w/e today, don't use lastpass tho) but this is just a gigantic fuckup on Mihoyo's part.

Look, infosec isn't 5*s nor does it have a great rear end

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheFluff posted:

Nowhere did I say that it's an excuse - it isn't. I simply stated I believe their infosec is undermanned, because up until now, HI3 was out of focus enough (compared to stuff like FGO and others) that it could be. They need to upscale, yes, but it doesn't happen overnight.

(Also IMO LastPass is okay, any vulnerability that was found was fixed within very short time, but that's a discussion for another thread, I guess.)

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is there anything to worry about if I'm using a unique password for the game and have it linked to phone # and email? Most of the hacking cases I've seen are people reusing passwords from other accounts that might have been breached elsewhere.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

moush posted:

Is there anything to worry about if I'm using a unique password for the game and have it linked to phone # and email? Most of the hacking cases I've seen are people reusing passwords from other accounts that might have been breached elsewhere.

I'd say a good amount of people who got hacked are also the people who bought accounts.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Nowhere did I say that it's an excuse - it isn't. I simply stated I believe their infosec is undermanned, because up until now, HI3 was out of focus enough (compared to stuff like FGO and others) that it could be. They need to upscale, yes, but it doesn't happen overnight.

their infosec being understaffed is absolutely negligent. they've had a long time to work on this, We'll Cross That Bridge When We Get There is not something you're allowed to do when you plan on taking personal/financial information

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

padijun posted:

their infosec being understaffed is absolutely negligent. they've had a long time to work on this, We'll Cross That Bridge When We Get There is not something you're allowed to do when you plan on taking personal/financial information

Again, in no way I am saying it's not negligent. My original post was purely about the speed of said improvement, which some people severely underestimate.

(Yes, I know it would be ideal if they could predict correctly and upscale properly before this happened. Real life isn't ideal, and I say that as I work with CMS that was supposed to handle one or two small webs and now there's a behemoth of 30+ big news webs on it and it's an absolute mess. Hindsight is 20-20.)

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm looking forward to an Anemo claymore character for my dream stamina reduction overworld farm team of Amber/Kaeya/double Anemo. Just can't mine efficiently with either of those two or Sucrose/Jean.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Again, in no way I am saying it's not negligent. My original post was purely about the speed of said improvement, which some people severely underestimate.

(Yes, I know it would be ideal if they could predict correctly and upscale properly before this happened. Real life isn't ideal, and I say that as I work with CMS that was supposed to handle one or two small webs and now there's a behemoth of 30+ big news webs on it and it's an absolute mess. Hindsight is 20-20.)

what I'm saying is it was something they saw coming months or possibly years in advance, and they ignored it and launched with security holes you could drive a bus through

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ElMudo posted:

I'm looking forward to an Anemo claymore character for my dream stamina reduction overworld farm team of Amber/Kaeya/double Anemo. Just can't mine efficiently with either of those two or Sucrose/Jean.

I thought that stuff doesn't stack

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

gandlethorpe posted:

I thought it was that e.g. Kaeya's passive wouldn't stack with another character with the same passive, but Kaeya is sprint, Amber is glide, and Anemo resonance is its own thing. I feel like when I hit Crab Island, I just make it with either Amber or double Anemo, but I get there comfortably with both.

For example, Amber and Venti don't stack. If I had Venti, I could have my dream team.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
"exact same effects" don't stack.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gandlethorpe posted:

AFAIK I believe that those 3 should stack fine but if you were to put Amber & Venti into the same team their passives wouldn't because they are the same thing (gliding stamina reduction). Similarly if you tried to put Kaeya & Razor together for sprinting stamina reduction.

Also as far as weapon/element combos go I think what I'm most excited to see the possibilities of, besides Dendro anything, is what a hydro claymore character will look like. Give me some water sword beams or the ability to slam the ground and create geysers or something. Lots of cool possibilities.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm interested, in an academic way unless geo is buffed, in what a geo Archer could do to be interesting and thematic.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ElMudo posted:

if the datamines hold true then the only anemo claymore we know of atm is kid-sized. not bad for mining but i suppose you'd be running/climbing around as Kaeya anyway.

at least based on in-game text the elemental resonance should stack with passive talents. the talents only mention they aren't stackable with each other at least.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

padijun posted:

what I'm saying is it was something they saw coming months or possibly years in advance, and they ignored it and launched with security holes you could drive a bus through

I doubt they saw it coming - in few articles and discussions I've seen mentioned that the initial hard monetization is because they weren't sure that they would recoup their expenses (100M development and advertising), which would hint that they thought the interest wouldn't be that big as it is as of now. Possibly it was mentioned as the best scenario, but I doubt they looked as deep into that as to hire infosec specialists in advance (which would only be more expenses if the game ended up in red) - which is kinda obvious now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

dogsicle posted:

if the datamines hold true then the only anemo claymore we know of atm is kid-sized. not bad for mining but i suppose you'd be running/climbing around as Kaeya anyway.

at least based on in-game text the elemental resonance should stack with passive talents. the talents only mention they aren't stackable with each other at least.

Yeah, I use Klee for danger mining currently, so I'm used to switching off her for travel.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they launched a game where they take CC/email/phone numbers
the security is breathtakingly bad. right now you can find the email and phone number for an account by viewing the page source in your browser, if I understood that reddit thread
I don't think it's a hindsight thing

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

I doubt they saw it coming - in few articles and discussions I've seen mentioned that the initial hard monetization is because they weren't sure that they would recoup their expenses (100M development and advertising), which would hint that they thought the interest wouldn't be that big as it is as of now. Possibly it was mentioned as the best scenario, but I doubt they looked as deep into that as to hire infosec specialists in advance (which would only be more expenses if the game ended up in red) - which is kinda obvious now.

2fa doesnt require infosec specialists
_not_ having 2fa requires active disinterest in infosec

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ElMudo posted:

Amber just gives reduced stamina consumption while gliding right?
There's like 2 or 3 spots in the entire game that are high enough for it to be even possible to run out of stamina before you hit the ground.

The other time where it's relevant is getting to Crab Island, gliding from a high point and then landing in water and swimming the rest of the way. But for that Beidou's swimming boost is more useful anyways :v:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
double anemo is why some people were saying it was possible to reach the island with 180 stamina, and others were saying they have over 200 and fell short even with amber on the team

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ElMudo posted:

I'm interested, in an academic way unless geo is buffed, in what a geo Archer could do to be interesting and thematic.
I had actually not contemplated how loving sad it would be to Aimed Shot an enemy, proc a Crystallize, and be nowhere near the crystal to pick it up.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I mean, an Anemo claymore is just going to be a samurai/katana wielding type character. Not that I'm not here for it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Haha, Enviosity finally cleared Floor 12 with the 7 freebies like a day or 2 before he's set to hit AR50. He's spent like 50 hours this week trying and failing, and did it today in 3 with his teams flipped.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InnocentFantasticChickenBuddhaBar

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 6, 2020

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Amber just gives reduced stamina consumption while gliding right?
There's like 2 or 3 spots in the entire game that are high enough for it to be even possible to run out of stamina before you hit the ground.

The other time where it's relevant is getting to Crab Island, gliding from a high point and then landing in water and swimming the rest of the way. But for that Beidou's swimming boost is more useful anyways :v:

Yeah, but the less I use gliding the more I have for sprinting!

Also, I just hate stamina as a mechanic. It's fine for charged attacks, but I hate it for exploration. Just let me climb and run to my heart's content.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

ElMudo posted:

Yeah, but the less I use gliding the more I have for sprinting!

Also, I just hate stamina as a mechanic. It's fine for charged attacks, but I hate it for exploration. Just let me climb and run to my heart's content.

I don't mind it for climbing and swimming. The point is to make climbing not completely mindless. When there's a difficult cliff, you want to look for sections of rock with footholds you can rest on. I think that's pretty cool.

There's also a great feeling of YES, DID IT when you make it up a cliff or to an island with a sliver of stamina remaining. It's fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ashenai posted:

There's also a great feeling of YES, DID IT when you make it up a cliff or to an island with a sliver of stamina remaining. It's fun!

otoh if you DON'T then you're stuck sitting around for 5 minutes while your instant stamina food cools down, but your stamina doesn't deplete