Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

ogarza posted:

is that serrano?

The pepper? Yeah

Edit:at least I'm pretty sure, it was from basically a grap bag of chilies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

NLJP posted:

The pepper? Yeah

I see you are also a man of culture. then

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did a brunch because it was like, 10am. Get your girl to the Shuk(a) Shak

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
I made about 8 lb of bolognese in about 8 hours to freeze in vacuum packs and get me through the winter.

Forgot to take picture during o well

Also han't posted this from a chirps n' guac party with beer while visiting friends back home after some vegan and insect discussion, lol

ogarza fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 5, 2020

Karenina
Jul 10, 2013

Last night was silkie chicken soup and egg fried rice.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Karenina posted:

silkie chicken soup

:discourse:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some late night etouffée

It's my old go-to, a slightly modified version of a Prudhomme recipe. I cut down on the butter a bit and add some peppers, usually jalapeño, and a bunch of garlic. I also made some pretty drat solid shrimp stock. I started with a vegetable stock base, simmered for maybe 8 hours yesterday, and then tossed in the heads and shells from my peeled shrimp for another couple of hours. I am very happy with the results. I love etouffée.

The baguette is also homemade.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Ooh now I miss southern louisiana. How long did it take you to make the roux?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Safety Factor posted:

Some late night etouffée

It's my old go-to, a slightly modified version of a Prudhomme recipe. I cut down on the butter a bit and add some peppers, usually jalapeño, and a bunch of garlic. I also made some pretty drat solid shrimp stock. I started with a vegetable stock base, simmered for maybe 8 hours yesterday, and then tossed in the heads and shells from my peeled shrimp for another couple of hours. I am very happy with the results. I love etouffée.

The baguette is also homemade.

Wow

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

User Error posted:

Ooh now I miss southern louisiana. How long did it take you to make the roux?
Not long at all. I've had a lot of practice so I'm ok with starting a roux at higher heat, but I'm not some crazy drunken Cajun master who can hit dark brown in 5 minutes. I'll adjust as needed as it darkens so it doesn't burn. This recipe calls for a red-brown roux so there's always a fair bit of smoke. :v:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

"The dinner thread: I'm not some crazy drunken Cajun master"

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I want to like it but what am I looking at?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Drink and Fight posted:

I want to like it but what am I looking at?

Sorry it was late and I didn't think, its Shawarma (Well, it wasn't done on a spit but..)

Slow cooked lamb, caramelised onions, salt chili pickles, mint, yoghurt, cabbage salad,homemade pita bread.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 7, 2020

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blueberry, strawberry and apple crumble (crumble starring digestive biscuits) - cupboard/freezer clearout.

argeto
Apr 30, 2004
Spammer
Kind of a "use what you have" night. Took Kenji's cherry tomato pasta recipe, added sliced shallot, red pepper flake, and spinach.

Naked:

Properly Dressed:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I had a bunch of leftovers so I decided to do the only reasonable thing and put them in tacos. I made red corn and flour tortillas, the leftovers were hash, roasted corn crema and some type of avocado sauce. Bok choy, tomatoes and Jarlsberg cheese for the rest.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I had a bunch of leftovers so I decided to do the only reasonable thing and put them in tacos. I made red corn and flour tortillas, the leftovers were hash, roasted corn crema and some type of avocado sauce. Bok choy, tomatoes and Jarlsberg cheese for the rest.

that looks and sounds delicious but i have to say at first glance i saw cut up hotdogs and spaghetti in a burrito shell and i was like that's some new level poo poo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hot dogs would be pretty rough but it's just smoked sausage.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
cut up hotdog and potato squares are pretty popular and cheap tacos, add some onion or chorizo, fry everything in a bit of lard.. instant winner right there.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I've done something similar with diced spam and yeah it's just hard to make it taste bad.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Oh hey I forgot this thread exists. Cooked myself a birthday dinner last night: reverse seared prime rib, steamed green beans, mashed tater and parsnip with garlic gravy.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

burrito shell

what the gently caress

mystes
May 31, 2006

prayer group posted:

what the gently caress
What else do you think he would serve it in? A hotdog purse? A hamburger casette?

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
I made the typical Mexican tres leches cake... but added a pinch of salt, cut back a bit on the condensed milk, added espresso to the milks, spread some chantilly on top and shaved dark Mexican chocolate w/cinnamon on top
https://i.imgur.com/vuIV9n0.mp4
ASMR action

god drat is this good.... it was dinner along with a cup of coffee

edit - owned by imgur's stupid loving dogshit UI

ogarza fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 9, 2020

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

ogarza posted:

I made the typical Mexican tres leches cake... but added a pinch of salt, cut back a bit on the condensed milk, added espresso to the milks, spread some chantilly on top and shaved dark Mexican chocolate w/cinnamon on top
https://i.imgur.com/WnjCNjR.mp4
ASMR action

WOW. That looks unbelievable.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh hey I forgot this thread exists. Cooked myself a birthday dinner last night: reverse seared prime rib, steamed green beans, mashed tater and parsnip with garlic gravy.

I am extremely in the mood for some prime rib.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

ogarza posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vuIV9n0.mp4
ASMR action

edit - owned by imgur's stupid loving dogshit UI

wow

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Tonight was my first time making risotto! Got to use a bunch of turkey stock from Thanksgiving, garlic, shallot, chardonnay, and parmesan:

It turned out perfect. Served with a meatball and tomato sauce on the side

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phoned it in tonight.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
What is that last picture?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Looks like breaded and fried eggplant to me.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Looks like breaded and fried eggplant to me.

Nodbarnacle
Dec 23, 2007
figment
Flamin' hot mac and cheese baby

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Thanks excellent bird guy, this turned out delicious.

Pork and Shrimp Patty with Coconut Lime Soup and All The Colors of The Rainbow

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

ogarza posted:

Thanks excellent bird guy, this turned out delicious.

Pork and Shrimp Patty with Coconut Lime Soup and All The Colors of The Rainbow

The coconut milk + lime juice etc is a very nice touch. Not only would it taste good the fat content would satisfy your hunger, big time

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Steamed mussels with a nice piece of cod tonight. Woke up in a seriously mood for sea food.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Nice codpiece.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Steamed mussels with a nice piece of cod tonight. Woke up in a seriously mood for sea food.

Incredible