Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

josh04 posted:

I'm cheap so I have a twirl. Sometimes I dip it.

Are you asking for feedback on this opinion because I have... some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I like mixing it with pepsi max cherry, the longer its been cask aged the better.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sebzilla posted:

w(h)iskey

whisk(e)y?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

kecske posted:

whisk(e)y?

Uisce. :colbert:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

On reflection, the international convention for the spelling seems to be that it varies based on how much you hate the British, so itt we should probably keep the "e" tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Well that's certainly a lot cheaper but less fun

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I like mixing it with pepsi max cherry, the longer its been cask aged the better.

I have not tried cask aged pepsi of any variety.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Borrovan posted:

(Talisker is quite strongly peaty, efb)

Talisker was my intro to single malts and while there's no doubt better and worse out there, I can pretty much only compare any new one in terms of 'more/less/same burny'

Talisker Storm is good too / alternatively 'what if Talisker but too much?'.

Don't pass up Lidl's single malts if you want cheap whisky, they are perfectly fine->good

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I have not tried cask aged pepsi of any variety.

Unsurprising as it only launched in 2014.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've never heard of this guy but his bio says hes the cofounder of the conservative party human rights commission and lmao

https://twitter.com/benedictrogers/status/1335598868671639552?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Why are so many right-wing British psychopathologies expressed via bin anxiety

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

radmonger posted:

Unsurprising as it only launched in 2014.
6 year oak aged is the best vintage :colbert:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

70% of britons are born on 2 islands

Is anyone not seeing the correlation here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chubby Henparty posted:

Talisker was my intro to single malts and while there's no doubt better and worse out there, I can pretty much only compare any new one in terms of 'more/less/same burny'

Talisker Storm is good too / alternatively 'what if Talisker but too much?'.

Don't pass up Lidl's single malts if you want cheap whisky, they are perfectly fine->good

I'd go further, some of the Lidl malts are fantastic. Cracking bang for your buck.

The key to remember is that a good whisky is one you enjoy and that's about it. Bourbon, Irish, Rye, a peaty Islay or a mild Speyside.

Like, I'd tell you that using expensive booze in a whisky and Coke is a waste of money because of diminishing returns but it's your money at the end of the day and you can set it on fire if you want.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Whiskey (and all expensive alcohol) is wasted on me after the first drink because it all tastes amazing once I'm tipsy.

I have Laphroaig 25 for my first drink when I want something super fancy.

Then I switch to buffalo trace bourbon which is £23 a bottle and I enjoy it just as much.

Same with Gin. I've got some lovely home extra filtered sloe gin (thanks goons from a few months ago!) one glass of that and then the turpentine stuff from the bottom shelf at asda that is £24 for 2 litres is entirely fine.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 7, 2020

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

forkboy84 posted:

I'd go further, some of the Lidl malts are fantastic. Cracking bang for your buck.

The key to remember is that a good whisky is one you enjoy and that's about it. Bourbon, Irish, Rye, a peaty Islay or a mild Speyside.

Like, I'd tell you that using expensive booze in a whisky and Coke is a waste of money because of diminishing returns but it's your money at the end of the day and you can set it on fire if you want.
I like literally all whisky but can reliably put a bunch of unlabelled glasses in price order based on how much I like them, I am yet to find a ceiling, & diminishing returns only comes into play when I have to offset the anguish at spending a weekly shop's worth of cash on a single round

A good whisky is one you can afford, basically

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Beefeater1980 posted:

Ardbeg is the best whisky, and so is Laphroaig. Are there any other good peaty ones?

Port Charlotte

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Peaty whiskies are the best whiskies but the Lagavulin 16 year has spoiled every other wisely for me because nothing else compares

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm that guy who loves whiskey but not enough to be able to tell the difference between pretty much any of them other than JD. So I mostly just drink Glenfiddich because it does the job.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot/status/1335994392008679426?s=19

Oh God he's right isn't he

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone know anything about cctv cameras? I need to set something up to record vehicles coming into a work site up in the hills where they don't have phone signal or electricity, to simply be checked against a record of how many were supposed to be coming in. Obviously most common home security systems don't fit the bill.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wouldn't a trail camera be basically what you want?

It is essentially a battery operated device that activates when it detects motion in front of it and takes pictures, either video or photograph.

Obviously it will trigger if anything walks in front of it but unless you're willing to pay for a bespoke system that's probably the best thing you are likely to get.

I believe you can also get them solar powered.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 7, 2020

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

stev posted:

I'm that guy who loves whiskey but not enough to be able to tell the difference between pretty much any of them other than JD. So I mostly just drink Glenfiddich because it does the job.

I love a nice single malt, some of the ones I have tried were amazing, but I don't drink enough or pay enough attention to booze to remember all the different names. I have a half drunk bottle of Glenfiddich on my shelf because I couldn't remember what any of the other ones I liked were called.

Nah, he's never read a word of Adams in his life.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

70% of britons are born on 2 islands

Is anyone not seeing the correlation here

I was only born on one island.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

Wouldn't a trail camera be basically what you want?

It is essentially a battery operated device that activates when it detects motion in front of it and takes pictures, either video or photograph.

That sounds like the right term to be searching for, yes.

I could stick it in the back garden between contracts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depending on where you mount it I suppose you could probably filter out most unwanted triggers unless your site gate regularly sees a lot of wildlife or foot traffic across it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

Depending on where you mount it I suppose you could probably filter out most unwanted triggers unless your site gate regularly sees a lot of wildlife or foot traffic across it.

The only thing it needs to spot are big timber lorries and the sites are big so I'd not put it on the entrance itself or it'd almost definitely get nicked or vandalised. By locals or contractors/hauliers themselves (no one likes being spied on).

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Are you asking for feedback on this opinion because I have... some.

I save it for the really good whiskies, don't worry.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Then conceivably you can bill a lot of time playing with it to see where it gets the result you want :v:

Alternatively, get another trail camera to point at the first trail camera to make sure nobody nicks it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some people like being spied on for very specific sexual reasons, but you don't want them to know there's a camera there either.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Can you get a simple caution for cycling through a red light?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

NotJustANumber99 posted:

it's technically possible but complicated threats are more common

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So when is the news that we're officially turbofucked supposed to happen today?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yes.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mebh posted:

According to this thread that news came in January

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Vigil for Virgil posted:

According to this thread that news came in January

no, December

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Mebh posted:

Wednesday seems to be the final day for anything so there's another day of 'nothing to report'.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
They just announced that they had reached agreement on the matter of not having reached an agreement and will have a meeting about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i've never heard of this guy but his bio says hes the cofounder of the conservative party human rights commission and lmao

https://twitter.com/benedictrogers/status/1335598868671639552?s=20

I am so loving bored of the new cold war already. And there's like 50 more years of it. gently caress.