Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

So much :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My daughter wrote a word all by herself... "Chick"!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Brawnfire posted:

Good work kid. :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You have a good daughter. :3:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is it hanging on your fridge? It should be hanging on your fridge.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is it hanging on your fridge? It should be hanging on your fridge.

Find me some space, this girl has expanded to the dishwasher and walls.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

For a little while we were living in a small apartment and our kid was coming home with drawings every day, so I’d take a picture of them and print them 4-up or so to put on the fridge. She’d pick her favourite ones each week to be printed and they’d go up for the next week, and the originals went in a banker’s box for I guess some sort of posterity. My ex has the boxes somewhere, I’m sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Find me some space, this girl has expanded to the dishwasher and walls.

Just buy a second fridge!

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

Brawnfire posted:

awww.......so cute

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

About a year and a half ago I noticed a family of crows who live in the trees in my apartment complex. I've been feeding and interacting with them since then and they've gotten really friendly! They caw good morning most days, and they'll keep me company for a block sometimes when I'm walking to work, just hopping along fences and signposts to keep pace. The boldest are, I think, the three birds that hatched this spring. Last time I saw them I had sweet potato fries to share and they were very happy about this.

Today they left me a crow gift. It is my turn to be so gosh darn happy. 🥰❤️🥰 It is the shiniest pebble I have ever seen.

Pictures of said pebble?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Lol

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

This kid is going places. My younger one is almost there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the enigma of amigara frog

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:getin:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Three weeks into my new job and I've finally gotten over the "I'm a fraud" and "It's not too late to just immediately fire me" stages of my anxiety when starting something new. Presented my initial work to my team then the CEO and got unanimous praise, so now I feel like I can finally just relax into the gig. Such a relief after being in high-anxiety mode about work (or lack of work) for the past 6 months.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Pictures of said pebble?

It is very pretty. :3: I've no idea what kind of stone it is, though. Something that's been treated I think.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Took a three hour professional licensing exam that I felt good about waking out the door. It's number three of four, so if I've passed I'm over the hump and will be licensed by the time I'm vaccinated next year.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It is very pretty. :3: I've no idea what kind of stone it is, though. Something that's been treated I think.

There's a National Geographic article from a few years back about a girl in the pacific northwest who had a similar relationship with the neighborhood crows. They'd bring her all sorts of presents for food because they thought it was transactional.

I can try to find the article for you if you like.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Took a three hour professional licensing exam that I felt good about waking out the door. It's number three of four, so if I've passed I'm over the hump and will be licensed by the time I'm vaccinated next year.

CFA?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

CLARB.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

There's a National Geographic article from a few years back about a girl in the pacific northwest who had a similar relationship with the neighborhood crows. They'd bring her all sorts of presents for food because they thought it was transactional.

I can try to find the article for you if you like.

it's all good until they start bringing human bones

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:monocle:

I'm almost certain this means you have been elevated to the level of Minor Crow Deity. Congratulations on your apotheosis!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Captain Invictus posted:

the enigma of amigara frog
This would be an excellent username

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That looks less like a stone and more like a lump of tin/solder.
Maybe some kid in your neighborhood melted their dad's spool of soldering tin into a ball, or possibly just a bit of tin they nabbed from a school science kit or something.

I, uh, have a similar one lying around somewhere at home from when I was a kid.
A v.good find and crow treasure .

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is super weird, but I just gave my dog (rescue lhasa apso) a bath and it made me realise he was clean enough to cuddle in under the covers in bed and the poor little guy was so blissed out about being snuggled in bed he was willing to be either stifled or boiled rather than give up. He's the best little sweet boy that has ever been and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

You have to let us see the dog.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

This is the way.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
It's my birthday, and I've somehow survived another year, and my chickens and partner let me cuddle them. The only thing remaining I need for today to be awesome would be:

Killingyouguy! posted:

:yeah:

Rescue all the animals, imo.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Killingyouguy! posted:

Behold!

FLOOF

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
What an exceptionally awesome floof-dog! :love:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Some reasons:

- floof dog
- LAB is back with corvid presents
- lab* is back with no covid presence

* fine, quick test result, not going to let that ruin it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What an incredibly good dog, thank you

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Pookah posted:

Behold!

FLOOF

The Tibetan "snow lion" on their flag and throughout their culture looks suspiciously like a Lhasa Apso

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Henry is an exceptionally good little boy, he worries a lot but is so sweet and loving. His favourite thing is to sleep on my tummy, even if doing so makes him ridiculously hot and stifled
I think it's because I did that when we adopted him and was his first taste of loving security. He still worries a lot, but is getting better .

Edit: you want an even weirder thing? Part of the reason for adopting Henry was that our parrot, Pookie, only accepts dogs that look a certain way, and Henry was sufficiently like out old dog Daisy to not make her furious. We tried adopting a pug mix but Pookie thought she was evil so we had to give her back :(

Pookah has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Dec 11, 2020

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Your bird is racist

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The Tibetan "snow lion" on their flag and throughout their culture looks suspiciously like a Lhasa Apso

Someone obviously just rang Tibet's doorbell.

Astrofig posted:

Your bird is racist

I wouldn't be at all surprised. The bird always tries to bite my cousin simply because she has red hair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a while back, a fella I sold a Dreamforge Games Leviathan Crusader miniature kit to contacted me, saying the one I sent him was missing part of the assembly, the spine/hip section in particular. Viewing this fully built model, you can see why the spine/hip area is a crucial part of the kit:

I felt terrible, and sold him a second sealed kit at a significant discount as well as refunded part of the original sale and shipping costs. Well, he messaged me again, saying that it also was missing the same spine/hip assembly. I didn't know what to do, I got these from the company as it was going out of business and they're exceptionally rare at this point, finding replacement parts is next to impossible. I did what I could to find replacements but they were all sold out already everywhere I checked. I offered him a full refund if he wanted to return them, and he said that he was more than happy with the two incomplete models at the price he paid; since he likes to convert miniatures, he told me he'd figure something out and not to worry about it.

A couple months later, and he just messaged me with an update. He's worked something out.

this is so cool. He took the parts from one of the kits and combined it with a bunch of Warhammer 40k Ork vehicle parts, and created something proper stompy 'n' orky. even combined some bits from the default gatling cannon arm to an artillery cannon arm and made a perfectly stupid and orky multi-barreled mega-kannon. I love it. Seeing him turn something that I thought he'd have to, like, put the torso on tank treads since the hips weren't in the dang box or something, and instead he made a fantastic mini-Gargant with all the propa ork trimmings(especially the black-and-white checkerboard deco!), really makes me feel better about the situation. turning lemons into rusty, pointy lemonade, I guess.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That is just so drat cool - that you really tried to make good on a random bad situation and that he just worked with it to make awesome out of insoluble problems.

Well done all round.

(Also I have a really cute doggy sleeping in my lap who doesn't even get cross with me when my efforts to clean his ears hurt a bit because he just knows I'm doing my best to make him feel better.)

Edit' What's really weird is that I know he's happy because he smells really happy, when he's sad and afraid he smells completely different. Sad and afraid pupper smells awful.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Got approved to start education as a carer for the elderly.

After been sick with depression for almost two years, and off work for almost a year now, this is a big step to do something I've always wanted - to help people. Before that I worked ten years for the Danish government in an office, and that job burned me out.

I'll start the education in January 2021 with a pay almost the same as I had before the depression hit.