Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And then he got basically a once in a lifetime chance to make another game nearly 20 years later and he made a loving filler arc.

yeah it owns, I hope he can keep making shenmues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The oppression of gamers is now undeniable, we're being added to a "must watch" list

What activities does DedSec have to do to flip us from Oppressed to Defiant

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

It's the return of the king baby

tlou2 is also on two blu-rays

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

And then he got basically a once in a lifetime chance to make another game nearly 20 years later and he made a loving filler arc.

lmao what a chump

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I cant believe Yu Suzuki still actively wants to make Shenmue like a sixteen-part series considering how the game started to meander aimlessly at around oh the first couple hours of the first game twenty years ago
untrue, shenmue 1 is incredibly tight

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

tlou2 is also on two blu-rays

oh, aw :(

also I got a 5600x so I can build my computer now. Horray!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm trying to finish danganronpa 3 but criminy this last chapter really feels like it's wasting my time

Let's just get to the class trial already drat

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
RDR2 is also on 2 discs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If it can’t fit onto a single cartridge it’s not worth playing...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Danganronpa 3

what the gently caress, I got a game over because I investigated too many things in the last chapter

lol what a dumb mechanic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody, how you all doing, it's monday but it doesn't feel like a monday, it just feels like... sunday, the sequel

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Sup everybody, how you all doing, it's monday but it doesn't feel like a monday, it just feels like... sunday, the sequel

Mondays are my one day off so I'm feeling pretty chill :)

Seriously contemplating replaying Witcher 3

Trying to finish danganronpa 3

Totally forgot I owned Crypt of the Necrodancer, downloaded it, realized I forgot how insanely fun it is

Seriously contemplating buying a switch just for the hyrule music game now

Annoyed I can't get a ps5 tomorrow :(

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Hey FAK!
Not doing too bad, just working (it's Tuesday here). Looking forward to hopefully playing some more Creeper World tonight.

How are you doing?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
never played Shenmue but have heard about it and my impression is that it's just worse-Yakuza

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Got home from work just a little bit ago and I have tomorrow off so I've told myself I'm gonna drink a PBR Hard Coffee and play Monster Hunter.

In reality I will likely do one of those two things

Khanstant posted:

never played Shenmue but have heard about it and my impression is that it's just worse-Yakuza

Have you ever played Paper Mario TTYD? You know in Chapter 3 when you need the blimp ticket, so you go see Don Pianta? You talk to someone and they tell you the order to buy items in and then you say your favorite color is yellow and you're in. Now imagine that interaction, but it's 20 hours long and that's the entire game

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 8, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

On a surface level sure but they have very different goals

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Got home from work just a little bit ago and I have tomorrow off so I've told myself I'm gonna drink a PBR Hard Coffee and play Monster Hunter.

In reality I will likely do one of those two things

You've got to at least drink the PBR

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You've got to at least drink the PBR

Not even a joke that's the one I was planning on doing. I don't know what's been up the last two days but since like Saturday I'll boot up a game and play it for ten minutes and then quit out and then zone out for like four hours. I beat Mooncrasher on Friday which was fun but I haven't done basically anything since then

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Pabst Blue Ribbon makes coffee now??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Have you ever played Paper Mario TTYD? You know in Chapter 3 when you need the blimp ticket, so you go see Don Pianta? You talk to someone and they tell you the order to buy items in and then you say your favorite color is yellow and you're in. Now imagine that interaction, but it's 20 hours long and that's the entire game

Excuse me.

Do you know... what my favorite color is??

child: ITS RED

Hmm... That doesn't sound right.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Simone Magus posted:

Pabst Blue Ribbon makes coffee now??

I was interested because it's actually just alcohol plus coffee instead of like a java porter or something

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's a real shame Kojima had to stop using the MGS theme. What a banger of a song. 4 and 5 had poo poo music in comparison.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Simone Magus posted:

RDR2 is also on 2 discs
And FF7R even though it’s only like a third of the original game.

You just use one of them to install the data and then put the other one in to play.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s like a third of ff7 disc 1

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, Disc 3 is literally just the final dungeon and the ending fmv so they are pretty lopsided

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I was interested because it's actually just alcohol plus coffee instead of like a java porter or something

Hmmmm. Hmmm. I dunno. On the one hand, PBR is good. On the other hand... it's probably not nearly as good as just putting whisky in a java monster

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Every time someone talks about data discs I immediately remember "Data dogs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4gPQDyOixQ

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
PBR Coffee is way better than it has any right to be

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

PBR Coffee is way better than it has any right to be

I don't normally do this but I checked a beer review site to see what the reviews were like and it seemed to have been unanimously pretty well liked

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Got me drunk. Five out of five”

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well heck I hadn't heard of this before and my local beverage store has it in stock... I guess I'll have to secure a case the next time I leave my lockdown

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i decided to try and finish off the doom eternal dlc today since ffxiv is down and people have been talking about some kind of plot twist

unfortunately i couldn't even beat the 2nd level because it is actually just too loving hard for me

even after bumping the difficulty down to hurt me plenty i still kept dying and after about an hour of trying to win a single loving room i am going to stop

maybe i will try again some other time or maybe i will just look up the story hook myself and be amused that the twist is like, the doomslayer was satan all along or something

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

I usually spend Sunday mornings working over Zoom with my friend. This week she flew to Germany for the month (she is spending two weeks in voluntary quarantine) so we did it this morning instead (evening for her). So to me it is... literally Sunday Part II.

But I'm good! Trying to get my Genshin Impact account from my phone (Gamecenter, oops) to my PC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Ryo Hazuki never once slams a motorcycle over a man's head, or wins a fight with breakdancing

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJVlpFIl8ts

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

quote:

Silverhand looks just like Keanu Reeves, who voices him, and he talks in a way I can best describe as “Keanu Reeves is voice acting.”

This is the same voice as in The Matrix, right?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is quite possibly the worst room i have ever encountered in a video game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Keanu has the voice of a (monotone) angel.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

ayyy you playing turok? nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Kerrzhe posted:

It was fine until the four invisible pinkies showed up. The DLC seems overly vindictive