Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Fuck you and your eyebrows.

Simone Magus posted:

What a coincidence, only negative reviews get dinged for being poorly written :thunkher:

As if you could call any of these reviews truly negative. Scores aside they all say the exact same thing and tell me nothing about whether the videogame is actually good or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
just play on xbox if you dont want to have to worry about ray tracing breaking poo poo geez

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
can i choose to eat the silica gel packs found in my virtual clothing or does the game place restrictions on that?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

the last signal... posted:

can i choose to eat the silica gel packs found in my virtual clothing or does the game place restrictions on that?

No video game has that power. Look it says not to eat them on the packet but name one person that has died from it.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

the last signal... posted:

you can but they're also important for crafting

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

tproc posted:

As if you could call any of these reviews truly negative. Scores aside they all say the exact same thing and tell me nothing about whether the videogame is actually good or not.

seems like it's game good, buggy tho and maybe not as impactful in writing as geralt's daddio adventure actually

seems p ez.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don’t like that the game has crafting in it. Get it outta here. Well, thanks for reading my controversial view

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Look it says not to eat them on the packet

That’s because they’re a choking hazard, not because of toxicity. Enjoy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don’t like that the game has crafting in it. Get it outta here. Well, thanks for reading my controversial view

The good news is you can probably entirely avoid it. The one guy who playtested for 18 hours a couple weeks ago said he never had time to get into it, so clearly didn't have to.

A lot of skills and perks are dedicated just to crafting so you could use those in other places and then likely just buy the things you need. :)

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm 50/50 on the crafting, personally. If it's a lighter-style "adventure game" kind of crafting where you combine things then that's cool. If I have to go gather a bunch of random poo poo across town to make an epic thing then I don't know if I'm gonna be going out of my way to do that often.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Dildos are a crafting resource. Why wouldn't you want to infuse your gear with the power of dicks?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Good news, everyone!

x-post from GPU thread

Those rt off screenshots are loving amazing. Almost TOO good and it makes me wonder if the game will keep that level of fidelity and detail the whole way through

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i only trust reviews that already line up with my viewpoint, every other review has a bias issue where they don't think like me

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Does cyberpunk have hats? I haven't really been following the release cycle, and I also don't care

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Asema posted:

i only trust reviews that already line up with my viewpoint, every other review has a bias issue where they don't think like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqk7I5-0I0&t=273s

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I honestly can't remember the last 'review' I read that was well written and interesting.

Often interesting articles come out a while after release, but big sprawling games just can't be digested into interesting criticism this quickly. Like it's just hard to compare to movies or books that are so much easier to consume. Even if your editor yells at you they need a review of the entire Cremaster Cycle (the longest and most tedious movie thing I can think of) this weekend the time equivalent to consuming all that content is like getting out of the tutorial in an open world game.

Games just eat your time so being able to both actually experience the game and then spend absolutely any time pondering it is impossible with review rushes. So actual game reviews are more like consumer products reviews. This thing works, this thing doesn't, it comes in 3 colors, etc.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334165493620629512

Female V (voiced by Cherami Leigh) sounds really good.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dawgstar posted:

Sounds lame

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Asema posted:

I would just like a review that tells me something I didn't already know. Any review. Maybe one that actually talks about the quality of the videogame and doesn't just tell us that it's buggy and then list off the same set of features that the game advertises in its promotional material.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
apologies, anything but marketing material they've provided has been embargoed

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homqyBxHwis

If you think about it, this is just Shadowrun...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

tproc posted:

I would just like a review that tells me something I didn't already know. Any review. Maybe one that actually talks about the quality of the videogame and doesn't just tell us that it's buggy and then list off the same set of features that the game advertises in its promotional material.

Watch this one for the extensive discussion of male prostitute scarcity in night city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KFNfbD6fQ

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Imagine writing a review of a TV show based on the first four episodes. :shrug:

That's what a lot of reviewers did for The Witcher TV Series hence this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homqyBxHwis

If you think about it, this is just Shadowrun...

drat this took some work

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Subjunctive posted:

That’s because they’re a choking hazard, not because of toxicity. Enjoy.

I have been eating silica for years it's delicious. It tastes like msg water.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Dont bother worrying about benchmarks or screen shots from a game that is currently pre release and missing the full day 1 patch as well as game ready drivers

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Watch this one for the extensive discussion of male prostitute scarcity in night city

This is unironically the best review of the game that currently exists. I don't think this statement needs additional clarification.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does the game have an autistic character or did the autism representation in mainstream media get scuffed again? This is very important.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tproc posted:

This is unironically the best review of the game that currently exists. I don't think this statement needs additional clarification.

this. she explains what works and what doesnt and what issues it genuinly has without waxing poetic, even when he is being genuinly annoyed/upset, she is being clear on what they hosed up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game have an autistic character or did the autism representation in mainstream media get scuffed again? This is very important.

no, they couldn't afford my rates and likeness.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Dawgstar posted:

I forgot she was in this and thought that clip was Jennifer Hale. Doesn't sound anything like she did in Persona 5.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Another thing about that review is I think it's also interesting to get a perspective from someone (very) knowledgeable about the tabletop and the setting versus normal journos who have zero. Her enthusiasm about it is pretty infectious, gonna try to get some more lore before launch

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The sys requirements don't have a 'High RT' setting. I wonder if that was how they sell you on going to a 3xxx card? Big gpu trying to gently caress us don't fall for it!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jack Trades posted:

Did mainstream media ever have any good autism representation at all?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I don’t know what ray tracing is and at this point I’m too afraid to ask

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ymgve posted:

Did mainstream media ever have any good autism representation at all?

watch dogs 2 had an actual good autistic character.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ray Trace is a character in Cyberpunk 2077.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

When you google "ray traced penis" cyberpunk is the first search that comes up

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

lol this is the best review I've encountered. Also, she played on reasonable hardware (2700x/1080) instead of bleeding edge and said it was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Imagine 4 rays on the edge of a cliff