Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
lol the only thing dumber than telling the audience that your balls are shrinking: doing it while Chelsea Peretti is the guest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Chelsea Peretti thinking Nick and Mitch were like 27 years old was very funny.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 4, 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WerthersWay posted:

Chelsea Peretti thinking Nick and Mitch were like 27 years old was very funny.
i haven't listened to this podcast in a very long time but checked out this episode and this was very, very funny. when she dropped the "your generation" stuff early i thought it was a bit, but then when it was revealed she clearly had no idea who nick and mitch were and thought they were gen z podcast kids i laughed a lot. laughed more at mitch very defensively making the case that he and nick are chelsea's age and also her contemporaries.

i also shut it off shortly after that, this podcast really does not do well over zoom.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That’s weird as hell. I’m surprised she doesn’t even know them as acquaintances considering how they’ve been involved in TV shows and other poo poo with people she certainly knows.

E: I listened to it. Lol it’s even weirder because she’s known Mitch for years.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 5, 2020

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think we all missed the fact that Mitch dropped that he and Wiger had agreed they'd only do the podcast for 2 more years. What am I going to do without my doughboys :cry:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

ArtVandelay posted:

I think we all missed the fact that Mitch dropped that he and Wiger had agreed they'd only do the podcast for 2 more years. What am I going to do without my doughboys :cry:

Wiger will be past retirement age by then so it's fair enough he wants to settle down and spend time with his grand kids

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

The Narrator posted:

Wiger will be past retirement age by then so it's fair enough he wants to settle down and spend time with his grand kids

“Hey, come on, I’m only 3 years older.”

2 years is a long time, I’m not totally convinced.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even then, in two years they probably just scale back or reform the pod. The food itself is secondary, their dynamic is lucrative, and they're clearly friends

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also they always say that around the end of the year and never follow through so I would not start worrying about it

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Honestly, Mac Attack as a 5th tournament of chompions might have been the peak; i had half thought that maybe they would announce they were starting their victory lap during/after that (though pandemic probably gives a lot of motivation to keep going/not end on a year of video chats).

And Mitch finally got his grocery store month.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Narrator posted:

And Mitch finally got his grocery store month.

That was great because they just reviewed frozen garbage and not the meat or produce so they basically learned nothing useful about how good the stores actually are

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

That was great because they just reviewed frozen garbage and not the meat or produce so they basically learned nothing useful about how good the stores actually are

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Srice posted:

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah it’s definitely the most Doughboys option. Wiger’s idea of just comparing the hot bars and in-store cafes made more sense in terms of what the show is about but then we wouldn’t have gotten Mitch reviewing the different cokes he got at each store

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
How can they top McDonald’s Cheeseburger vs 2 McDonald’s Cheeseburgers?

I really look forward to seeing them try.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

But that's what Mitch wanted anyways so he could get Trader Joe's in there

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
I've always thought episode 90 In-N-Out 2 was the series finale and everything else was just extra. I don't know it just works as a finale for me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

fly them out west and have them eat primantis

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah it’s definitely the most Doughboys option. Wiger’s idea of just comparing the hot bars and in-store cafes made more sense in terms of what the show is about but then we wouldn’t have gotten Mitch reviewing the different cokes he got at each store

This idea is kind of insane tbh because I cannot think of any grocery stores that have these, that might just be a california only thing.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m from the Midwest and co-ops will often have them. Not the big chains they’re talking about but it’s not completely unheard of.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I live in KC and the Price Choppers, the Dillons (Kroger) and the Hyvees around here all have something of a hot bar going on. I mean it’s all terrible in my experience and during a pandemic seems like a bad idea in general but its there.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Grapplejack posted:

This idea is kind of insane tbh because I cannot think of any grocery stores that have these, that might just be a california only thing.

Are you maybe misunderstanding what a hot bar is? Usually by the deli, typical stuff is fried chicken, chicken strips, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes. Safeway has Chinese food too.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Are you maybe misunderstanding what a hot bar is? Usually by the deli, typical stuff is fried chicken, chicken strips, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes. Safeway has Chinese food too.

Oh is that it? I had a picture in my head of something more resturaunt-y.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah not every place has a Whole Foods-level buffet with a dining area, but most grocery stores have some level of fresh food. One chain around here has a fresh sandwich counter and salad bars minimum in every location, with bigger locations having even more offerings (the biggest ones have, like, made-to-order sushi and a dedicated antipasto bar.) One grocery store near me put in a bar with beer taps a while back, and I thought to myself "Who the hell would go to the grocery store to drink a beer?" After the COVID closures started, I realized they were able to still serve people thanks to whatever weird legal loophole "Bar in a grocery store" falls under.

Heck, I just had grocery store wings for lunch. THEY'RE GUD!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

hell i don't mind having some sushi for lunch every now and then

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

Safeway's salt & vinegar wings are a hard snack.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'll go to town on some HEB/Kroger sushi selections and grocery wings are usually a nice meal. Hell grocery rotisserie chicken is kinda a classic 'I don't want to do anything after work let me just get this' thing that usually does the job.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FitFortDanga posted:

Safeway's salt & vinegar wings are a hard snack.

The safeway near me doesn't have them anymore and I think about them from time to time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Publix has a good selection of subs, but some can push like $9 for something close to a footlong when they're not the one on sale that week. Once or twice a year they do a week where every sub is on sale for like $6.99 including the ones that never, ever go on the weekly sale and it rocks.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The pick n saves (kroger subsidiary) around here have (or had, haven't been in one since march) a killer 2 for $10 fried chicken daily deal that was equivalent to a 16 piece from kfc or wherever. Doesn't show up on the pick up website so RIP

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Publix has a good selection of subs, but some can push like $9 for something close to a footlong when they're not the one on sale that week. Once or twice a year they do a week where every sub is on sale for like $6.99 including the ones that never, ever go on the weekly sale and it rocks.

The Publix chicken tender sub might be my favorite sandwich. Toss em in buffalo. It's gud!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Great new ep with Susser. Not sure about Wiger’s plan to leave entertainment to work at Costco. I did that for years and yes it is a good job for retail and they take care of workers, but it’s not fun and lots of manual labor. Getting Friday/Saturday 6pm to 11pm shifts hauling shopping carts in the rain or heat isn’t great, or being tasked with cleaning up olive oil spills. Most customers are fine but not all. Lots of potential for injury even if being careful from forklifts or dog lunging out of car window to bite the face of a gas attendant. So yeah I doubt he’ll do that.

Glad they highlighted Doughboys donated $25k to restaurant workers this year, I didn’t know they did that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Great new ep with Susser. Not sure about Wiger’s plan to leave entertainment to work at Costco. I did that for years and yes it is a good job for retail and they take care of workers, but it’s not fun and lots of manual labor. Getting Friday/Saturday 6pm to 11pm shifts hauling shopping carts in the rain or heat isn’t great, or being tasked with cleaning up olive oil spills. Most customers are fine but not all. Lots of potential for injury even if being careful from forklifts or dog lunging out of car window to bite the face of a gas attendant. So yeah I doubt he’ll do that.

Glad they highlighted Doughboys donated $25k to restaurant workers this year, I didn’t know they did that.

to be fair I get the whole 'I've done literally nothing but corporate or writing work, at a certain point I just know I'd feel somehow more fulfilled having to actually do manual labor for once in my life than sitting in front of a computer screen' ennui so I get where he's coming from even if, yea no poo poo working in Costco or whatever isn't some Willy Wonka fun time.

But yea, good on them giving a good chunk of change to restaurant workers, between that and the drop being super sweet this was both a funny episode and nice to hear.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It's good to do so you know how bad and unpleasant it is to have to survive doing it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah he'd disabuse himself of the notion that actually it's simple, satisfying, noble work pretty quickly and go back to making six figures recording podcasts

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I wonder if Wiger knows Kenny Omega used to work for Costco in Canada.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If Wiger is really as pro-labor as he claims to be maybe having a lovely job for like 3 months will be enough to radicalize his rear end instead of just tweeting about it all day

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
A lot of hutdog talk on the newest ep

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I think the Costco job thing is Wiger playing into his performative persona of a milquetoast robot man (who is also somehow an alcoholic pervert).

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
As someone whose work is purely intellectual, I've had similar thoughts to Wiger. There is an allure to a job that's just a job, where you can forget about it as soon as you clock out, and where your reputation and self worth is not dependent on how well you perform your job.

I'm also aware that this is most likely just "grass is greener on the other side" feelings.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

drainpipe posted:

As someone whose work is purely intellectual, I've had similar thoughts to Wiger. There is an allure to a job that's just a job, where you can forget about it as soon as you clock out, and where your reputation and self worth is not dependent on how well you perform your job.

I'm also aware that this is most likely just "grass is greener on the other side" feelings.

I 100% get it. I miss working at a hot tub factory when I'm knee deep in meetings and scheduling and budgeting. then I remember that once I almost dropped a skid full of covers weighing 800 pounds on a guys head and I think, yeah, I belong behind this desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

drainpipe posted:

To think people that work at Costco don’t think about their jobs or how it effects their self worth is kinda arrogant. People who work all kinda of jobs have similar issues even if they aren’t ‘purely intellectual’. Try getting over yourself.