Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Willfrey posted:

This is coming from a place of complete ignorance, but man, if you have epilepsy it seems like video games in general should be avoided

It's a spectrum, like so many things, and most of the time someone who has mild epilepsy would be at minimal risk outside of extreme edge cases.

Most games aren't trying to intentionally trigger seizures, though, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

FallenGod posted:

It's a spectrum, like so many things, and most of the time someone who has mild epilepsy would be at minimal risk outside of extreme edge cases.

The author of the article does say they have issues playing something like Dead Space, too, so I wouldn't call it a mild case that's suddenly triggered by this sequence.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the seizure guy powered thru some dire poo poo to keep playing which is actually a really favorable review

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

rap music posted:

the seizure guy powered thru some dire poo poo to keep playing which is actually a really favorable review

Or he's depressed and trying to die, treating Cyberpunk like a video game version of the euthanasia roller coaster.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

FallenGod posted:

Yeah come to think i used to play MWO with goon who had developed epilepsy. MWO definitely had instances flashing on night maps but Indont recall any incidents. Horrible disease he had some real horror stories. Hope you doing alright BMR :(

gently caress now I am sad

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BrotherJayne posted:

Full frontal dudes = AO ratings

Talk to the crusty old fucks that do the ratings

Scarecow posted:

what the gently caress, for real?

its more complicated than that, it basically varies per country and ratings agency

e: just a dong won't really flag you as AO in most countries

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 8, 2020

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Theres no loving way a company would be dumb enough to put a literal epilepsy trigger in their game

...right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rap music posted:

*Gal

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Theres no loving way a company would be dumb enough to put a literal epilepsy trigger in their game

...right?

Lol 2020 is really going places now!

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I watched Yongyeas non spoiler review on youtube and thought it was pretty good.

He highlighted several technical issues that he had experienced but stated generally the game was fun to play.

Think he will revisit the technical issues once he sees the day one patch

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

...right?

I was surprised they put it as-is in the Gangs trailer.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I'm surprised so many are bitching about a game that isnt even out and what was leaked will be near completely replaced.
I mean at least 3/4s of it, right?
I mean jfc that was like 1200 posts since I looked at this thread this morning.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

OgNar posted:

I'm surprised so many are bitching about a game that isnt even out and what was leaked will be near completely replaced.
I mean at least 3/4s of it, right?
I mean jfc that was like 1200 posts since I looked at this thread this morning.

Yeah I am sure they went through all the content of it in a month.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well on the bright side the GeForce is a go. I tested The Division 2 (highest end thing I had) and with Ethernet plugged it, I honestly could tell this was all cloud based one bit. Hopefully GoG setup is done by launch day.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

crazysim posted:

I was surprised they put it as-is in the Gangs trailer.

Also 42 seconds into that trailer is proof that the game is doing double standards for male vs female nudity, lol. Not their best look.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
CDPR clearly hates every kind of minority and they're actively trying to get them killed using their game.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Eau de MacGowan posted:

...right?

No, that was just conjecture by a reviewer. There is no evidence they literally went and specifically found epilepsy triggers to purposefully put in their game and I'm not sure why people are saying that.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

BULBASAUR posted:

its more complicated than that, it basically varies per country and ratings agency

e: just a dong won't really flag you as AO in most countries

Yeah, they've hung dong in a bunch of games, the only issue would be if they had a stiffie.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Kaedric posted:

No, that was just conjecture by a reviewer. There is no evidence they literally went and specifically found epilepsy triggers to purposefully put in their game and I'm not sure why people are saying that.

In some circles the hate bandwagon is just as real as the hype bandwagon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Nothing gives people perceived e-cred like loudly proclaiming the exciting AAA release everyone is talking about is actually bad.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I hope the game.is better than this thread

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

smoobles posted:

It'd be hard not to be

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill make the thread better than it currently is:

pee pee poo poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

eonwe posted:

ill make the thread better than it currently is:

pee pee poo poo

has it been confirmed if you can pee pee poo poo in cyberpunk 2077 yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

smoobles posted:

That is a low bar.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

smoobles posted:

Agreed. I know I shouldn't have been but I was surprised to see so many goons hate watch Jim Sterling when it is pretty easy to ignore folks. Gamers really are the worst.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

if theres anyone i completely trust to sensitively handle all the complex identity and transhumanism related themes in cyberpunk, its a polish games studio run by monsters

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Eau de MacGowan posted:

has it been confirmed if you can pee pee poo poo in cyberpunk 2077 yet

what do you think this is a david cage game???

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think this discussion of how raytracing and light path tracing works my Digital Foundry using the Minecraft engine is probably the most helpful and clear demonstration of the technology and what it’s trying to achieve.

As an aside, I personally love Minecraft with rtx on. I don’t play it, nor do I even own it or a system that could do it, but I find it a remarkable juxtaposition of modernity with the classic block world that really elevates that world to being so much more. Nearly feels like a strange parallel world of blockiness, lit by the same sun as our world.

https://youtu.be/s_eeWr622Ss

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 8, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I said come in! posted:

That is a low bar.

It will lighten up a couple weeks after release, the couple of months before any major release are just the worst.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

God drat people are trash.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gamers being gamers again.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Its there in my steam library

MOCKING me

Edit:
Lol wut, 1200 new posts over night :laugh:

Nektu fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 8, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

Nothing gives people perceived e-cred like loudly proclaiming the exciting AAA release everyone is talking about is actually bad.

How's that corporate dick taste?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

tproc posted:

Long form reviews are absolutely better but could only ever exist weeks or months after a game's release, so they aren't super relevant here. FWIW I find Matthewmatosis to be the best at making this type of content, leagues ahead of others with similar output, but he doesn't upload videos that often.

That said it really does feel like most legit day 1 reviewers don't even make an effort to actually analyze the game they're playing. There's seemingly no middleground between these two types of critics.

A 40 hour game is five 8 hour workdays(well more because I didn't factor in breaks). That's just the gameplay with one playthrough. No what ifs, "did you do X?", different builds or even just going back over parts of the game for whatever reason. Then they have to make the review. And they have 7 days from unlock to embargo being lifted. Not to mention many reviewers for the big sites also work as on air personalities and other functions so they also have to work those hours.

Which is why there is no middleground. The conditions to do more than a surface level okay or not okay doesn't exist for a day one reviewer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kaedric posted:

The reviewer didn't even write that, she wrote that the light pattern used in the game is very close to the real pattern used by neurologists to trigger a seizure to the point that it's dangerous. The article is clearly meant to be informative to people who may experience epilesy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. The reviewer just said it was similar, not that it was one. And I expect that a person with epilepsy would know when something is similar to a pattern purposefully designed to cause seizures. And while it's definitely accidental it still speaks pretty poorly of the devs. They seriously couldn't figure that a sequence of extreme flashing lights might cause some seizures? We've all heard about the porygon episode of Pokemon.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Good morning people. How are you.... oh.

I have poo poo to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!

MagusDraco posted:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

Game doesn't have any epilepsy warnings either apparently.