Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rinkles posted:

the robo fights are like 50% of the appeal. there is depth there if you go looking. and it isn't a hard game once you learn how each machine works (and breaks). that was one of the favorite parts of the game for me.

i will admit that a lot of my problems with the game probably come from the fact that I can only play a couple times a week when I puppy sit for my sister, and the puppy is constantly interrupting, so I can't quite give it a fair shake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Say what you will about Naughty Dog, their philosophy of "we want everyone to buy our game so let's spend some of the huge budget (and crunch time probably) on QA for accessibility" is looking pretty good

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I think my GotY just may be Baten Kaitos. I grabbed a ROM to throw on my Wii U because I heard a lot of hype about it and holy poo poo where has this been for the past 17 years? gently caress porting lovely Wii U games to the Switch, this needs to be experienced by every gamer. I'm barely out of the starting area and I only stopped because the tablet battery started to die.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay seriously Danganronpa 3's last chapter is loving terrible, who decided to pad out the game during the climax

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i fuckin loved v3's last chapter and the ending. great game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Say what you will about Naughty Dog, their philosophy of "we want everyone to buy our game so let's spend some of the huge budget (and crunch time probably) on QA for accessibility" is looking pretty good

I mean, this is entirely intentional on CDPR's part because they would have to research this niche medical device and know what it does to emulate it in their game

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

sharrrk posted:

i fuckin loved v3's last chapter and the ending. great game

I'm talking about the crappy "gameplay" part, I'm not at the trial yet

"I better investigate this room"
I click on something in the room
"No time for that, I should click on the other thing"

It just feels like it's wasting my time in a really dumb way, the momentum is dead

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They claim it's because the patch will fix most of the glitching that would otherwise dominate footage of prerelease review copies

Contemplating re-opening the time capsule thread to do my two-day prediction of "it won't".

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
And you just know some people will have a cry if they remove those specific effects at some point wailing about censorship and the like.

It's not the complete experience the developers had intended if you can't potentially cause harm to yourself.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

I'm talking about the crappy "gameplay" part, I'm not at the trial yet

"I better investigate this room"
I click on something in the room
"No time for that, I should click on the other thing"

It just feels like it's wasting my time in a really dumb way, the momentum is dead

oh yeah the time mechanic is weird and not very well thought out. there isnt really much of a punishment though so w/e

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Volte posted:

The more I hear about it, the more Cyberpunk 2077 seems downright malevolent.

It’s like every sentence I hear about it is worse than the previous sentence I heard about it

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

wuggles posted:

It’s like every sentence I hear about it is worse than the previous sentence I heard about it

Cyberpunk 2077 is actually just an ARG for a different Cyberpunk game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 is actually just an ARG for a different Cyberpunk game.

The reason the campaign is mysteriously only 20 hours now is that they split the game in two

Cyberpunk 2077-II, coming April 15 2021!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ah the FF7R strategy

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Volte posted:

The more I hear about it, the more Cyberpunk 2077 seems downright malevolent.

Dongs and seizures, as far as the eye can see.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
:woop: okay I'm finally starting the final class trial!!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cyberpuke!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sigh ber skunk

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Apparently its SeizurePunk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CDPR saw 'seize the means of production' and misread it as 'mean to seize in your production'

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

CDPR saw 'seize the means of production' and misread it as 'mean to seize in your production'

8/10

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The thing that's most confusing is how did the game pass certification with this? Did they simply not disclose it?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

The thing that's most confusing is how did the game pass certification with this? Did they simply not disclose it?

It's 175 hours long, they probably missed it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

This post is okay but you really should have waited for the day zero edit, I'm sure it's gonna be much funnier then

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Walla posted:

So I think my GotY just may be Baten Kaitos. I grabbed a ROM to throw on my Wii U because I heard a lot of hype about it and holy poo poo where has this been for the past 17 years? gently caress porting lovely Wii U games to the Switch, this needs to be experienced by every gamer. I'm barely out of the starting area and I only stopped because the tablet battery started to die.

The devs made a game about sword waifus that sold a bajillion times more so that's all their publisher will ever let them work on from now on.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Close
https://twitter.com/Yogalnstructor/status/1336193153523576832?s=20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monster hunter world has literally 199 individual dlc items on steam, but anyway tonight I bought the best-selling one, called Iceborne

I’m having to start from the very beginning of the base game (reminder that MHW’s Many, Many Story Cutscenes Are All Unskippable) but I spent like an hour and a half trying out all of the weapons and checking out the new moves iceborne introduced, and they’re all pretty cool!

I also briefly considered playing through the game “properly” by not using the overpowered weapons and armour they give you for free now, thinking that I’d be out of practice and need to slowly warm up, but nope, the second I wrapped my fingers around my baby the Charge Blade it was like it was 2018 again. Plus the new iceborne move seems crazy powerful while also being super easy to pull off. So yeah I’m just going to rush towards the endgame I think (but still do every side quest because I’m a sick person)

But yeah, reminder that mhw’s many, many story cutscenes are all unskippable

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I think there is a mod that makes them skippable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not that I’ve seen. Mods for overlays, mods for transmog additions, mods for added gathering hub npcs, mods for big titty handler, but no skip cutscene mods

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
oh my mistake, i must have been thinking of the big titty handler mod

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mods

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay so I posted earlier about drinking a beer and playing monster hunter but I think some people must have misheard me. What I actually said was that I was going to post about drinking a beer and then immediately fall asleep at 7pm and not wake up until 2am and waste my entire night

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe you played Monster Hunter in that time but can't remember

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I asked for a skip cutscene mod, not a skip evening mod “!!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The person who wrote the GI article is being sent seizure-inducing videos because gamers rock

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shocking that gamers can't be relied upon to be a warm and supportive community

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Does monster hunter have a lore friendly buttplug mod or is that just skyrim

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ive had it up to here with you cyberpunks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Find yourself a partner who defends you like gamers defend multimillion video games