Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

This epileptic reviewer offers a clear safety guide for where there might be trouble.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

I think it's pretty neat that they did an article on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Empress Brosephine posted:

Thanks for the info on the seizure stuff, guess I'll have to play at night

Wouldn't that make it even worse?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

black.lion posted:

Not enough dicks, too many seizures!!!! 9.5/10

and ironically too many dildos. Wait not, that actually makes sense, the dildos are there because there are not enough dicks.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Poland is divided very sharply between south-eastern part, with additional big cities-rest and educated-uneducated lines. We had pretty huge protests lately after that loving undying demon dwarf wanted to push another dumb idea of his senile mind through the supreme court. Hopefully in 2 years they will get voted out, but country's hosed anyway. Hopefully I'll end up in Germany owned part now.. :suicide:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Maybe you should all just play the loving game before jumping to conclusions about what is and isn't in the game?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

This thread fuckin sucks. 35 hours.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I kinda wonder how buggy is buggy. Literally zero times in my life have I gone into a release day game where reviews promised the game was 'riddled' with bugs, and had serious problems at any point. Well, except a bug that didn't allow the game to start or something which might have happened one time.

I even remember KotOR 2 coming out and it was basically panned as being flat-out broken, but I played my 1.0 (CD? DVD?) and never ran into a single problem. Maybe I'm just blessed? I just feel like I can't put much stock in that kind of criticism, I guess.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to the insanely large and (for me) slow download. I got given the pre-order as a present months ago, but it will come from Amazon as a disc with a code lol so I can't pre-DL it. I even have to hook up a disc drive temporarily because I haven't put a disc in my PC in like 6+ years.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

On a less serious note, why do you all think Street Kid is the least popular path in our poll?

The Nomad path does not appeal to me, the trailer just seemed so "focus group of what people ascribe to be American Ideals: family and freedom, whatever that means"
Corpo does sound fun, I wanna burn poo poo down from the inside - just not on my first play through.
Street Kid sounds like it should be a fun taste of what it's like to really live in Night City as a regular joe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anyone who played Skyrim at release is going to be just fine

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Maybe you should all just play the loving game before jumping to conclusions about what is and isn't in the game?

Getting super angry that other people have opinions about my preferred method of entertainment and are expressing them in a discussion forum GOT DAMMIT NERD RAGE RISING.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

This thread fuckin sucks. 35 hours.

Didnt they say meta posting was a probate?

Fake edit: oh shiiii

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can you play the game on opening day?

Congrats, it's better than 99% of blizzard releases since 2004

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Happy Hedonist posted:

Getting super angry that other people have opinions about my preferred method of entertainment and are expressing them in a discussion forum GOT DAMMIT NERD RAGE RISING.

It's kind of frustrating to see people angrily debate poo poo that objectively isn't true though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

sean10mm posted:

Apparently it's mostly the usual "keep gaining power until game breaks" but if you turn up the difficulty enemies trying to hack your body suddenly becomes WAY more dangerous.

Hey, this reminds me.

I've been wondering if "Power" weapons are going to be hack proof, or if an old timey AK-47 and sawed off hillbilly shotgun are going to be hackable by enemies because NANOMACHINES.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Section Z posted:

Hey, this reminds me.

I've been wondering if "Power" weapons going to be hack proof, or if an old timey AK-47 and sawed off hillbilly shotgun going to be hackable by enemies because NANOMACHINES.

Thanks for reminding me about Hobbs & Shaw. I had just wiped that film from my memory

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Sab669 posted:

On a less serious note, why do you all think Street Kid is the least popular path in our poll?

The Nomad path does not appeal to me, the trailer just seemed so "focus group of what people ascribe to be American Ideals: family and freedom, whatever that means"
Corpo does sound fun, I wanna burn poo poo down from the inside - just not on my first play through.
Street Kid sounds like it should be a fun taste of what it's like to really live in Night City as a regular joe

I think it's because Street Kid doesn't really seem to have any particular hook.
Like, Corpo gives you the sleaze, and the Out For Revenge On My Middle-Manager vibe, and promises you access to the upper echelons in ways you couldn't otherwise get.
Nomad gives you the Fish Out Of Water feeling, it lets you start off in the Badlands, you get a cool car, it has echoes of Mad Max, it feels distinct.
Street Kid is... kinda just. Nothing special. You're in the city, you start off in the underbelly where you've apparently spent all your life, maybe you know some of the background stuff other characters wouldn't and you've got contacts in the gangs?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone who played Skyrim at release is going to be just fine

Buddy I played unpatched Eurojank RPGs and strategy games back in the early 2000s. In terms of bugs this is nothing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sab669 posted:

Nomad's appeal is partly that it's kind of going for a Mad Max "clans & gangs roaming the wastes between cities" vibe, and partly because your character is going into Night City blind just like you, the player, are.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Sab669 posted:

I suspect that Street Kid is second choice for many corpos and nomads.

We need ranked choice voting imo. Let the true will of the People be known

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Happy Hedonist posted:

Literally no one in this thread has played this game. Everyone is speculating over one (two?) reviews about what is and isn't in the game and acting like it's fact.

Thats not an opinion.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Sab669 posted:

I'm doing Nomad because the rp character I had in my head fits best there - want to play an redneck engineering genius that grew up in dirt floor shacks and, despite being a kind and gentle soul, gets caught up in some bullshit in NIGHT CITY and has to start DOING WHATEVER ID DO IF I WERE A REAL PERSON IN TEH GAME (probably murder) as is my first playthru of all RPGs

Anyway to me redneck = nomad so here I am

I'm also hoping for a bunch of shameless Fast & Furious references but I'm prepared to be disappointed in this regard

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

TheRat posted:

I feel like people are just inventing their own reality at this point. Reviews have confirmed that there is male on male sex

I should say I'm going off leaked stuff and then the one review were a guy almost got into a gay encounter and then ended up having a nice chat and hanging out instead which is kinda sweet. You know which ones mention it? All the ones I've read so far just mention either shooting, bugs or that one ad

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

I was gonna do street kid first and then corpo afterwards and then maybe nomad if I ever got around to it but someone else pointed out in the last thread that it’d be kinda neat to experience the game outside the city first then later enter the city not knowing who anyone was or how to get anywhere. Whereas being a street kid your whole background is knowing the streets but IRL you’re like, “I have to go where?” and pull up your map to find your objective that’s fifty feet away so I kind of like the idea of going nomad first time through for that reason. Plus if I gently caress up so bad on my character creation I can start my real first character as a street kid now that I know my way around n stuff.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

I think it's because Street Kid doesn't really seem to have any particular hook.
Like, Corpo gives you the sleaze, and the Out For Revenge On My Middle-Manager vibe, and promises you access to the upper echelons in ways you couldn't otherwise get.
Nomad gives you the Fish Out Of Water feeling, it lets you start off in the Badlands, you get a cool car, it has echoes of Mad Max, it feels distinct.
Street Kid is... kinda just. Nothing special. You're in the city, you start off in the underbelly where you've apparently spent all your life, maybe you know some of the background stuff other characters wouldn't and you've got contacts in the gangs?

That's my take too. You can't join any gang anyway, and I imagine it's unlikely you can even get deeply affiliated with one.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Literally no one in this thread has played this game. Everyone is speculating over one (two?) reviews about what is and isn't in the game and acting like it's fact.

Thats not an opinion.

This is a comedy discussion forum and this is the cyberpunk thread is it not? Maybe you’re just a touch sensitive about opinions regarding this toy.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Game is pretty good but no one likes my jokes

10/10

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Because it's the closest to GTA style of games. Low life criminal from a gang. Nomad and Corpo are more original.

Street kid is like picking fighter/warrior class in a fantasy rpg. :P

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Happy Hedonist posted:

This is a comedy discussion forum and this is the cyberpunk thread is it not? Maybe you’re just a touch sensitive about opinions regarding this toy.

I'm not sure how you took my post as "getting sensitive" tbh.

All I said was maybe people should play it for themselves before jumping off a cliff about a game.

:shrug:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

In other news: my CE is still being "packaged", so with the download the earliest I could play is Friday assuming it's sent tomorrow and delivered on Thursday.. Suits me for being a sucker to spend extra 120 EUR over regular box for some random stuff I'll forget in a day.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Also as penance for handwringing about dicks have a link to the Waypoint podcast from today with more of Rob's thoughts about the game (which I'm sure I'll mess up linking)

Heor

He decided to throw caution to the wind and went with a Hard playthrough and ended up not hitting the title card until the 16 hour point instead of 6ish like a lot of other reviewers. It seems to have really increased his enjoyment though which is promising.

E: and also he couldn't tell why everything looked like poo poo until he turned off all the extra post processing options, especially chromatic abrasion which he said was overpowering

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shoehead posted:

I should say I'm going off leaked stuff and then the one review were a guy almost got into a gay encounter and then ended up having a nice chat and hanging out instead which is kinda sweet. You know which ones mention it? All the ones I've read so far just mention either shooting, bugs or that one ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4 is a very long q&a but he mentions both gay romance and male sex workers. He goes over pretty much everything people ask about

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Gonna have a lot of fun with this video game on low settings before it sets my 970 on fire

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was gonna do street kid first and then corpo afterwards and then maybe nomad if I ever got around to it but someone else pointed out in the last thread that it’d be kinda neat to experience the game outside the city first then later enter the city not knowing who anyone was or how to get anywhere. Whereas being a street kid your whole background is knowing the streets but IRL you’re like, “I have to go where?” and pull up your map to find your objective that’s fifty feet away so I kind of like the idea of going nomad first time through for that reason. Plus if I gently caress up so bad on my character creation I can start my real first character as a street kid now that I know my way around n stuff.
I guess I'm looking a the life paths from the opposite perspective.

At first I was planning on street kid first because they were jack poo poo and have jack poo poo, therefore can't be reset to zero for plot rails reasons. Unlike Cool Nomad who had a whole life and sweet car outside the city.

Later, I decided that corpo "YOU R FIRED" is just more funny. Because I am shallow like that in my videogame character logic.

Now that I know slightly more right before launch, I still find it kind of nice that Of the three options, Jackie The Tutorial Man was already Corpo's friend :unsmith:

Eraflure posted:

Gonna have a lot of fun with this video game on low settings before it sets my 970 on fire
:hai:

Time shall tell if it will be better or worse than my brother playing on a launch PS4.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Thats not an opinion.

It’s like all the idiot goons in the TLoU2 spoiler thread forming all their opinions in the game based on spoilers that turned out to be 100% wrong, but then some of them never even accepted that because they refused to play the game, it was lmao

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Buddy I played unpatched Eurojank RPGs and strategy games back in the early 2000s. In terms of bugs this is nothing.

Boiling Point: Road to Hell still remains the buggiest game I've ever seen on release.

Well, that and Hidden & Dangerous 2, where enemies could shoot you through walls or from several miles away with their assault rifles and your squadmates routinely fell through the ground.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
https://i.imgur.com/u8rn2VV.mp4

GOTY!!!

Hopefully stuff like this will be fixed in the day 1 patch.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Eraflure posted:

My 970 is never going to die. Just overclock that bad boy a bit and it’ll hang

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Eraflure posted:

I might end up playing with everything on low just so I can run it at 4k. I tried 1080p and 1440p in other games but they look like poo poo scaled up to 4k. I hate how blurry everything looks when you upscale.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

TheRat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4 is a very long q&a but he mentions both gay romance and male sex workers. He goes over pretty much everything people ask about

Going through the video, thanks for posting. Sounds like some good pointers for character build there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-promises-big-bug-fixes-in-day-one-patch/1100-6485224/

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336039605762748420?s=20