Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

McKilligan posted:

Will give that one a shot, I've got a decent catchmoon kitgun already - will also experiment with Euphona Prime, - doesn't have innate punchthrough, but IS a big heavy bullet.

Catchmoon will disappoint you, the projectile will dissipate before it can do anything interesting in the bubble.

Cyanex alt-fire is what you want here. You'll still want to put a punch through mod on, as it's only 0.5m innate. You've got room for it, though, since Cyanex is not good at crits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

BMan posted:

I looked up punchthrough on the wiki and catchmoon and cyanex alt fire are the only weapons that meet that description

I'm pretty sure the twin kohmak has sizable innate base punchthrough, but it maybe overlooked or a recent addition which is why it isn't reflected in the wiki.

Its pretty good tho.

Catchmoon is nice tho. There's apparently a good build for it with the zipneedle (or similiar) that recharges faster than you can fire it (with pax charge)? I haven't tried it tho, and I'm not sure it works if you bump the fire rate up too high.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'll also recommend the Cyanex alt-fire for Magnetize shenanigans.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

TheParadigm posted:

I'm pretty sure the twin kohmak has sizable innate base punchthrough, but it maybe overlooked or a recent addition which is why it isn't reflected in the wiki.

Its pretty good tho.

Catchmoon is nice tho. There's apparently a good build for it with the zipneedle (or similiar) that recharges faster than you can fire it (with pax charge)? I haven't tried it tho, and I'm not sure it works if you bump the fire rate up too high.

twin kohmak is hitscan

also the zipneedle thing sucks because it doesn't work with lethal torrent

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I've come back to this after some time and finally tried to get into railjack since I nabbed an affinity booster at login.

I got the recall intrinsic that lets me warp back to the railjack from anywhere, except sometimes when playing with a pub crew the option just isn't there. Is that something the host has to have?

I had read that intrinsics were player based, which is supposedly why people will jump around in front of you while piloting, they might have better bonuses etc.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Arcana is in ps4 cert! Looks like I'll be blowing a lot of plat on fashion this patch.

Anything I should know about the new content?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

TheMostFrench posted:

I had read that intrinsics were player based, which is supposedly why people will jump around in front of you while piloting, they might have better bonuses etc.
There's a bug where weapons and railjack abilities will often bug out for anyone but the host, which means the host needs to be piloting to clear the mission in 2 minutes instead of 10.

Tho if they're just jumping around like mute idiots instead of telling you that in squad chat it's on them. Some people just think jumping around in front of the pilot (because there's nothing else to do for them) is funny i guess.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

Arcana is in ps4 cert! Looks like I'll be blowing a lot of plat on fashion this patch.

Anything I should know about the new content?

Bonewidow is hot garbage. Proboscis Cernos and Bubonico are great. Infested kitguns are a mixed bag, Sporelacer chamber is very good. I haven't touched the new bounties at all because of the gate they're behind. Mend the Family is horribly overpriced and I wouldn't use it. Uh... That covers most of it, I think.

Oh, and the Gara Deluxe is misleading in its preview, with the glass off during her 2 it looks much worse.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Nnnooooo the deluxe looked so pretty

What're the new vaults gated behind that's so difficult?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Not difficult, just time consuming. As of Arcana's release (I'm not sure how console update schedules work, but PC hasn't been changed yet last I checked) the new vault bounties were locked behind unlocking the vaults of the same tier. So if you wanted to run a single tier 3 new vault bounty, you had to go through all 3 regular vaults, then queue up for the new bounty with no matchmaking, and hope nobody drops/disconnects/gets stuck in the still buggy map geometry with holes in it/suffers host migration and wipes drops, because you're in a solid block of missions and can't save a single drop until you wrap up everything. Extract to save your drops and you have to repeat the whole thing.

This is getting changed, but like I said, I haven't seen the actual change go through yet. I haven't been paying super close attention though since I already wrote them off.

e: the Gara skin with and without glass

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

McKilligan posted:

What's a good secondary that isn't hitscan and has innate punchthrough? I like to main Mag for most stuff, so anything with punchthrough just does bonkers damage when combined with Magnetize.

The Mara Detron is pretty good, but I usually run with an Exergis in my primary and that's like the Detron's bigger, meaner brother so something different would be decent.

Ditch the Exergis and use use the secura penta instead. Then you can use the mara detron as your shotgun.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oof, arcana vaults making me regret farming cortege parts

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I ended up just picking them up off wfmarket since I kept losing parts to map holes and host migrations. Then a week or so later they revealed the new, second gun using them. I'm just not touching Deimos any more for a while. I can go finish Plains and VS if I really want to do open world.
Though Plains is still garbage.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Yeah Deimos vault bugs turned me off from warframe for a couple of months. Came back, farmed the new weapon parts, and then started getting all the bugs again. Luckily, I was done by then. The proboscis cernos is cool and I'm not a fan of bows. I didn't know the bubonico was at the dojo!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SkyeAuroline posted:

Oh, and the Gara Deluxe is misleading in its preview, with the glass off during her 2 it looks much worse.
counterpoint: I love it and have been playing a lot more gara after it came out. Probably my favorite part of arcana by a wide margin

but yeah i still want a captura or simulacrum version that just lets me select all skins (including unowned ones) so i can get a better preview of how it actually looks in action or under varying lighting conditions. (It'll never happen)

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 8, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I never lost any parts, thankfully. I don't think Ive even fell through the floor in deimos, which is more than I can say for plains. But if it looks like I ja e to farm up another set of weapon parts anyway, well, gently caress it then i guess I'll be doing the tier 2 vaults.
What's the go to voidrig murder strat these days since they nerfed stropha and octavia?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I did a few solo to avoid some of the worse bugs and anything to do with host migration. It's easy enough, apparently the Stropha/hostile Necramech interaction got nerfed at some point but it was still working pretty well for me. Sporelacer secondary just vaporizes the infested, although it's far from the only option in that regard. Nezha Prime so I got a hoop up at the beginning of the necramech encounter and the resulting 150K hoop lasted me the rest of the bounties.

Even so, bugs in this game are not uncommon and I really wish DE would find some way to "freeze" rewards at the end of every bounty step. "Lose poo poo on mission failure" is kind of a scam anyway, I don't think I've ever lost anything valuable to actually dying but I've lost plenty of stuff to bugs/disconnects/etc.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm fairly certain there are loot checkpoints that still give you stuff if you get hosed over but it doesn't apply to mission rewards, just world drops

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

It's not even "finding a way"; they already do it for relics, it's enabled for cracked relic parts and nothing else. It's not quite "just flip a switch and it's fixed" but it's as close as you can get in game development.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TheMostFrench posted:

I've come back to this after some time and finally tried to get into railjack since I nabbed an affinity booster at login.

I got the recall intrinsic that lets me warp back to the railjack from anywhere, except sometimes when playing with a pub crew the option just isn't there. Is that something the host has to have?
You do it by equipping the Omni

Orv
May 4, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

I never lost any parts, thankfully. I don't think Ive even fell through the floor in deimos, which is more than I can say for plains. But if it looks like I ja e to farm up another set of weapon parts anyway, well, gently caress it then i guess I'll be doing the tier 2 vaults.
What's the go to voidrig murder strat these days since they nerfed stropha and octavia?

Stropha's nerf was specifically to it punching straight through and one shotting voidrigs because Warframe, it - and probably Redeemer P - still one or two shot necramech arms with a heavy attack build and then take a couple more center shots to kill a voidrig or about ten more to kill a bonewidow but they both stay completely stunned while that's happening. I've been doing that with Banshee because Silence completely shuts off necramech abilities, preventing the self-gib on void shields and such. Two hot tips, take out the off hand on them first if you do this, the charge they do with it if you take out their weapon arm first is actually more lethal than the mausolon. Second, if you do use a Stropha, be aware that you need to be shooting slightly above and to the side of the actual models of the arms, either due to the necramech hitboxes or the way the Stropha heavy attack propagates, I'm not sure which.

I was planning to put Silence on someone like Rhino, Chroma or another damage buff frame but honestly once I got the rhythm of the thing down it's relatively easy, even if you get jumped by multiple mechs on the later vaults.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 8, 2020

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Orv posted:

Stropha's nerf was specifically to it punching straight through and one shotting voidrigs because Warframe, it - and probably Redeemer P - still one or two shot necramech arms with a heavy attack build and then take a couple more center shots to kill a voidrig or about ten more to kill a bonewidow but they both stay completely stunned while that's happening. I've been doing that with Banshee because Silence completely shuts off necramech abilities, preventing the self-gib on void shields and such. Two hot tips, take out the off hand on them first if you do this, the charge they do with it if you take out their weapon arm first is actually more lethal than the mausolon. Second, if you do use a Stropha, be aware that you need to be shooting slightly above and to the side of the actual models of the arms, either due to the necramech hitboxes or the way the Stropha heavy attack propagates, I'm not sure which.

I was planning to put Silence on someone like Rhino, Chroma or another damage buff frame but honestly once I got the rhythm of the thing down it's relatively easy, even if you get jumped by multiple mechs on the later vaults.

I hadn't considered that. Hopped back in and did my first vault in a while thinking I could get away without an invincible frame and my stropha and got a bit frustrated by bone widow's "slow motion ragdoll that lasts until bone widow finally gets around to killing you" attack. I'll have to pop silence on wukong or hildryn or somebody (or just run banshee) and try that out. Thanks!

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Use Arquebex to kill enemy mechs. Aim slightly to the right and left of the head to take off arms, then shoot the top of the head to kill.
Demonstration

Stropha still does a good job, too. The change wasn't a nerf to any weapons, it was a buff to mechs that made it so now you have to shoot the arms off to make them fully vulnerable.

Frame doesn't matter much. Wisp will shave a minute off of Loid's journey if you're going for the extra chance at a weapon part in vault 3.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

have they said when nightwave season 3 is ending? also, does nightwave on consoles lag behind a few weeks from PC as with other things?

im at rank 24 and really want to hit 30 before it ends

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

free hubcaps posted:

have they said when nightwave season 3 is ending? also, does nightwave on consoles lag behind a few weeks from PC as with other things?

im at rank 24 and really want to hit 30 before it ends

There was a mid-November statement that the Glassmaker season was slated to run through the end of 2020, with the next intermission starting in January.

Worst case scenario, intermissions tend to bring back some rewards from past seasons, so I doubt this is your last chance to get the landing craft.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If you have nothing else to do this week and really just sit down and do it, you should be able to hit rank 30 from zero this week. six ranks is not a problem.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

There's a bug where weapons and railjack abilities will often bug out for anyone but the host, which means the host needs to be piloting to clear the mission in 2 minutes instead of 10.

Tho if they're just jumping around like mute idiots instead of telling you that in squad chat it's on them. Some people just think jumping around in front of the pilot (because there's nothing else to do for them) is funny i guess.

I have that issue where chat constantly disconnects, so people might be saying stuff to me but it doesn't come through. I have to say something in chat every few minutes or so to test if it is still connected.

Zereth posted:

You do it by equipping the Omni

That explains it then, not sure why I had my omni equipped the first couple of times after going out to blow up crewships though.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 9, 2020

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zereth posted:

If you have nothing else to do this week and really just sit down and do it, you should be able to hit rank 30 from zero this week. six ranks is not a problem.

yea i managed to gain like 3 or 4 ranks yesterday by banging out recovered weeklies, but rn all the recovered acts I have are either stuff thats a hassle (orokin vaults), that i dont have access to yet (ropalalyst) or just plain frightens me (im scared of my kuva lich who has a viral drakgoon) :ohdear:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just slam your face into their drakgoon until it works out.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

I have that issue where chat constantly disconnects, so people might be saying stuff to me but it doesn't come through. I have to say something in chat every few minutes or so to test if it is still connected.

That explains it then, not sure why I had my omni equipped the first couple of times after going out to blow up crewships though.

It used to be that you'd get the omni gear added to your gear wheel whenever you joined a RJ mission. This is still true but you can now just set the Omni to a dedicated slot of your choosing now, so you may want to look into that.

I used to have my second slot free, since I have numpad 1-9 bound with gear slots with 1 being scanner, etc, and I had to manipulate my gear wheel until the 2 slot was free for RJ. Not anymore, thankfully!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You can also assign a special hotkey for it independent of the gear wheel.

E: As in, you don't need to have it in the first 12 slots on your gear wheel at all. Just go in to your keybinds, scroll all the way down, and look for "Equip OMNI"

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 9, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Any one have some Gauss builds? The mach crash augment is pretty cool once I was used to it.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

E: As in, you don't need to have it in the first 12 slots on your gear wheel at all. Just go in to your keybinds, scroll all the way down, and look for "Equip OMNI"

Well god damnit.

Force of habit will keep me pressing 2 on the numpad though. :v:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

yea i managed to gain like 3 or 4 ranks yesterday by banging out recovered weeklies, but rn all the recovered acts I have are either stuff thats a hassle (orokin vaults), that i dont have access to yet (ropalalyst) or just plain frightens me (im scared of my kuva lich who has a viral drakgoon) :ohdear:
Pub the vaults. In my experience there's nearly always 3 other people doing the capture and it takes 3-5mins for someone to find it. The clan can also help if you can't find a group here somehow.
Ask in clan to get a taxi to Ropa.
Ask again for lich help, it's worth murmurs to other people with a lich so most times you'll find help.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Sweet fanny adams this update is huge. No warframin today I guess

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

temple posted:

Any one have some Gauss builds? The mach crash augment is pretty cool once I was used to it.

Build for range, but positive everything, get incredibly stoned, keep 2 and 4 up, cast 3 whenever, furiously smash 1 to apply obstacle directly to face.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

speaking of gauss that new graxx skin is fuckin sweeeet. honestly the dude who does the graxx skins does a particularly awesome job

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Helter Skelter posted:

:monocle:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lost the drive to work on much of anything in Warframe. Slowly pushing my way up Cetus, and... that's about it for now. I dunno, lost the thread of progress I guess.
Will probably get the next prime unvault when they come out (haven't gotten regular Mirage and tossed my Banshee in Helminth) and then do about the same.