Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, the cryo talent domain in Mondstadt is some BS at level 88. I've got to keep on these downed cryo mages or else they'll start death juggling me even more than they usually do, but apparently they're also super cryo charged and spit out a death cloud that I can't dodge out of because when have I ever dodged in this domain? Took the L and ran it at 70ish instead, I'm only AR 47 so it's not like I could get to level parity anyway.

On the other hand, that circumstance is a pretty excellent argument for geo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Glazius posted:

Man, the cryo talent domain in Mondstadt is some BS at level 88. I've got to keep on these downed cryo mages or else they'll start death juggling me even more than they usually do, but apparently they're also super cryo charged and spit out a death cloud that I can't dodge out of because when have I ever dodged in this domain? Took the L and ran it at 70ish instead, I'm only AR 47 so it's not like I could get to level parity anyway.

poo poo like that is why I was shaking my head at the guy going "Well when do you really need a shield in co-op really?" to me pointing out that Zhongli's C2 is the only way to share shields in co-op.

If it helps I believe that domain is the one with the super charged mobs that get some sort of weird ice summon they can do periodically. Look for the one that has a weird little aura underneath it. If you take that mob out first it'll stop some of the worst of the bullshit.

Of course, you're going to want some heavy duty element counters to do that quickly. Because if it pops it off even once they'll start beating the poo poo out of you or effectively take a character off the field for a bit by giving him a slow down effect from cyro.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I had a lot of trouble running that with Klee before I had 3 shields to support her :v:

Archonex posted:

poo poo like that is why I was shaking my head at the guy going "Well when do you really need a shield in co-op really?" to me pointing out that Zhongli's C2 is the only way to share shields in co-op.

You still don't need shields in co-op cuz you can do everything solo if you have OP shields!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ok, I finally found a graph that claims to be reaction damage by level (no idea what the source is):

It roughly matches my experience so I'm just going to believe it for now. You can see that going from 60 to 80 is a pretty big deal (if you can afford it). Note that electro-charged triggers twice so it's actually the highest total damage of these reactions.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 8, 2020

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys I need some advice. I'm at the Abyss stage where you need to set up two teams. I'm at AR 39 and my main carry up until now has been Keqing.

I've got Diluc and Childe with zero resources put into them because they just got randomly pulled while looking for something else. I have a C3 Chong but no decent claymore. He's using a Favonius right now. Childe I have a Skyward Harp for which I believe is his BiS. I suppose I could R2 a Prototype Aminus for Diluc.

So I need to decide who my second carry is gonna be and build them up. Thoughts?

Hexel fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 8, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Boring answer but Diluc 100%. I had a level 78 Tartaglia and leveled a Diluc I pulled two weeks ago from 1 to 78 because having a pyro DPS unit for floor 12 made it so much easier.

I own most of your units and the units I would level knowing what I know now are are Keqing, Diluc, Bennett, Xiangling, Diona, Sucrose, Xingqiu and/or Mona (idk how to choose, maybe both idk). Fischl ended up not being that useful for me but you can run her instead of a water unit if you'd like, she's fine. Those are mostly the units you have leveled anyways so if you level Diluc you should be in really good shape to take out the entire abyss in the next two months.

The teams you run will vary by floor and you'll bring in randoms like Chongyun and Kaeya on occasion when you need more ice units or Barbara to cleanse the floor 10 debuff (though not really necessary with Bennett, it can be nice). Generally I like putting Keqing, Bennett, and Xiangling together and you can put Diluc, Diona, and water together. You can put Sucrose on whatever team is dealing with more trash mobs.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dang, reactions nearly double in damage from 60 to 80. I gotta level up my Sucrose.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

Boring answer but Diluc 100%. I had a level 78 Tartaglia and leveled a Diluc I pulled two weeks ago from 1 to 78 because having a pyro DPS unit for floor 12 made it so much easier.

I own most of your units and the units I would level knowing what I know now are are Keqing, Diluc, Bennett, Xiangling, Diona, Sucrose, Xingqiu and/or Mona (idk how to choose, maybe both idk). Fischl ended up not being that useful for me but you can run her instead of the water units if you'd like. Those are mostly the units you have leveled anyways so if you level Diluc you should be in really good shape to take out the entire abyss in the next two months.

Sounds good to me, I don't really care for Childe's kit anyways. I guess I'll pull on the weapon banner and hope for a Wolf's Gravestone as I build my Diluc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hexel posted:

Sounds good to me, I don't really care for Childe's kit anyways. I guess I'll pull on the weapon banner and hope for a Wolf's Gravestone as I build my Diluc.
I really like the BP weapon on him in general. Obviously Gravestone is better but I think BP weapon is the best 4* for him. The crit rate from the weapon + diluc's passive means you can put a crit damage mask on him which makes him crazy (the weapon passive is nice but imo not important).

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Glazius posted:

If you don't have Bennett or Jean to clear the condensed ice debuff then yeah a cryo RES potion and either Diona or a geo character (for generating cryo shields with crystallize) is a good option. Just3c has some handy strats for the AR45 domains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0IWHxyICw0&t=115s

That domain in particular though is very symptomatic of the terrible encounter design this game has - most of the difficult content is difficult for bullshit reasons. The elemental system is fun and has a lot of potential where you can do a lot of neat tricks (like in the Noblesse Oblige domain you can use anemo to break the abyss mage shields by knocking them into each other), and encouraging unorthodox team comps is good. Difficult content can be a lot of fun when the player has access to a lot of paths to success, like mechanical skill, great team synergy, outside-the-box thinking and even just plain old overleveling.

What isn't good though is that in this game most of the difficulty in endgame content is just pure stage hazard AoE bullshit with damage that's hard or borderline impossible to avoid. Especially so when it also tends to stunlock you and/or reduce your ability to dodge it. The whole thing with domains having environmental effects that basically ban certain elements is also really stupid design. There's not much skill involved in this, you just bring the right characters for shieldbreaking, avoid the banned elements and power through the unavoidable damage as best you can. It's really dumb.

Some attacks also have really obnoxious problems with lack of visual cues/feedback, and cryo in particular has the worst of this - the loving snow cloud AoE attack does a gazillion damage but it's very hard to see and even harder to know if you're standing inside of it or not. High level electro slimes also have significant issues with this where there's just a ton of lightning flying everywhere and sometimes you take a ton of damage for no apparent reason just by standing in the general vicinity.

Then there's poo poo like Cicin mages where a not insignificant part of the difficulty comes just from the game's awful controls, and especially so if you're using a ranged character. Why the hell are the fruit flies targetable? It'd be sort of neat if killing them actually did something, but as far as I can tell they basically just respawn instantly, so right now all they're doing is making you constantly fight with the game to get it to actually target the mage herself.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 8, 2020

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

I really like the BP weapon on him in general. Obviously Gravestone is better but I think BP weapon is the best 4* for him. The crit rate from the weapon + diluc's passive means you can put a crit damage mask on him which makes him crazy (the weapon passive is nice but imo not important).

I used my BP to get a Black Sword for Keqing so that options out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's certainly not the wrong choice - I got that one my first BP. The craftable Prototype Aminus is actually better than any gacha 4* claymores so you can use that as well.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Xinyan can also self-clear Cryo. And she's an indirect buff to Diluc with Serpent Spine, as her shield lets him avoid burning grass ticks.

In short, Xinyan best rocker gal

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
for the cryo domain, get used to canceling out of animations with a hop instead of a dash to conserve stamina, you'll be glad you learned how to do that when you hit abyss 12 unless you have at least two of jean, bennett, or xinyan

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
As an additional theorycraft question, what determines how easily your attacks get interrupted? It's not as simple as just amount of damage taken. I ask mainly because in Zhongli's trial run, Kaeya and Lisa are the sidekicks, and that Lisa was getting interrupted way more easily than mine does. I don't have her constellated to the interrupt booster, either.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
People who are complaining really loudly about Zhongli just need to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbhcRKsRwFM

On a more serious note, I've got Chongyun and his sacrificial claymore cranked up to 70, and I'll be pumping up Razor next since I've got pretty much an ideal set of artifacts for him (gladiator set with all atk%). And then finally I'll be able to do the fire artifact dungeon by myself.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Post your best piece:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Post your best piece:

Fuckin' broken :mad:
coop with me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

came across this pic of their weird take on the constellation/talent system in CBT1 and it's funny to imagine how weak some of these likely ended up due to having such a low hard cap. but also drat, Kaeya used to do team buffs and healing!

https://twitter.com/Dawn_winery/status/1336274036632870914?s=19

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Finishing the BP is so nice. I don't have to go pick flowers for an hour or speedrun lootless stuff for another couple weeks or whatever.

inthesto posted:

On a more serious note, I've got Chongyun and his sacrificial claymore cranked up to 70, and I'll be pumping up Razor next since I've got pretty much an ideal set of artifacts for him (gladiator set with all atk%). And then finally I'll be able to do the fire artifact dungeon by myself.

Chongus/XQ/Babs/Diona has been rolling the witch domain for me. It helps that I have a pretty decent glad set for him despite having zero good witch pieces drop. I've got Razor, but until the Bennet banner I'm sitting on all my books to see how things play out for my second carry.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What is this attack that looks like a tiny fire missile low to the ground, tracks you infinitely, and when it catches up to you, it starts pulsing fire damage until you run away again?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It spawns from enemies with fire auras. It's undodgable and you either heal through it, shield it, iframe some of the hits with ults, or create an obstacle (geo MC rock, baron bunny, etc). It stops spawning after 7 or so hits, running away won't do anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mailer posted:

That's... kind of how it works.

If your Razor is as maxed out as he can reasonably be (good stats and substats on artifacts, Prototype Aminus leveled up, etc) then you want to focus on doing everything you can to have your supports make him more awesome: Energy Regen, having 100% superconduct uptime, sufficient healing, Sucrose/Venti for grouping, deployables on the field for more damage/reactions, etc. Then you do this all again for your Abyss B team and its carry.

Leveling up four individual good characters is prohibitively expensive resource-wise AND they'll be worse than a group designed to maximize a single high-damage carry. Having an amazing physical XL and Ning doesn't matter because Razor is on the field doing his thing and their dps is irrelevant. Having Diona and Kaeya to ensure he has superconduct always up and then support XL (or C1 Fischl, or whatever) to provide extra damage while not being out is going to get you further.

Yeah, I'm trying to level them up because I should probably have more than a single character that can feasibly kill enemies under 12 minutes and it sucks having to panickedly scramble to save situations if he dies.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if he dies just use a revive food and heal imo. maybe someone here has some Razor comp that works with a secondary carry, but all the stuff i run just has supports propping him up.

also DPS Xiangling is built around physical damage so she's basically redundant as a carry when you've got Razor invested. she'll require more rigid team comps and not kill the Ruin stuff notably faster, so Ning is the way to go if you're specifically worried about them.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
My contingency plan if my razor dies is c6 Barbara. I don't bother with a backup because razor is so greedy and nothing is immune to big sword.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hackan Slash posted:

My contingency plan if my razor dies is c6 Barbara. I don't bother with a backup because razor is so greedy and nothing is immune to big sword.

*Bounty with physical immunity enters the picture*

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The fire aura tracks taunts so Baron Bunny and Mona illusion will eat it but otherwise it'll chase you forever. You can dodge out after the first hit but otherwise cannot avoid it to my knowledge. The aura effects also don't care if the monster with them is stunlocked or otherwise unable to act, an Abyss Mage launched into the air or stuck in Venti's burst can still send tracking fireballs after you.

Xinyan shield can probably tank it, at least the first explosion. I don't know any way to keep it from happening, though at times it doesn't happen and I'm not sure why not.

EDIT: Taunts also work on Cicin Mage shield mode and Geovisharps generally. Taunting is an incredible mechanic, but the radius on Amber and Mona's taunts are very small so they won't fool ranged enemies at all. If they released an Anemo character whose burst pulled enemies in somewhat like Sucrose E and dropped a wide-radius taunt at their location while I dunno launching the character into the air like Venti's hold E without the updraft, they'd be incredibly good.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 8, 2020

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Tae posted:

*Bounty with physical immunity enters the picture*

My contingency there is klee + xq

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
I was having some trouble with Zhou Formula domain (for the crimson witch set) and I'm a little confused with how elemental reactions work with slimes.

Level 3 of the domain has "When Superconduct is triggered, an Energy Blast will occur dealing DMG to surrounding enemies". How does superconduct trigger on electro slimes? Since they're electro, does it automatically trigger any time cryo is applied, or do I need to apply cryo and then hit them with electro myself? Similarly, Level 4 (I'm not actually there yet) has a bonus to Melt reactions. Does that mean I can use Chongyun to apply cryo, then Diluc to alternate normal and fire attacks to get melt, and it won't trigger overload?

Any tips for that domain would be helpful because I'm probably going to want to farm it for Diluc. I've had success doing co-op and just normal-attacking with Diluc but I still feel like I don't quite understand how it all works.

edit: ah - I see the enemies are different from electro slimes in Level 4. The more general question still stands, e.g. do I trigger melt immediately by hitting a pyro slime with ice

ThePineapple fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 8, 2020

Surrealities
Apr 11, 2010

Archonex posted:

Don't know if this was mentioned but Diona's C2 also shares her shield.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

I was having some trouble with Zhou Formula domain (for the crimson witch set) and I'm a little confused with how elemental reactions work with slimes.

Level 3 of the domain has "When Superconduct is triggered, an Energy Blast will occur dealing DMG to surrounding enemies". How does superconduct trigger on electro slimes? Since they're electro, does it automatically trigger any time cryo is applied, or do I need to apply cryo and then hit them with electro myself? Similarly, Level 4 (I'm not actually there yet) has a bonus to Melt reactions. Does that mean I can use Chongyun to apply cryo, then Diluc to alternate normal and fire attacks to get melt, and it won't trigger overload?

Any tips for that domain would be helpful because I'm probably going to want to farm it for Diluc. I've had success doing co-op and just normal-attacking with Diluc but I still feel like I don't quite understand how it all works.

edit: ah - I see the enemies are different from electro slimes in Level 4. The more general question still stands, e.g. do I trigger melt immediately by hitting a pyro slime with ice
Yes. You don't want to use cryo or electro vs the slimes or mage shields at the end. Attack the slimes with physical (if you don't have tart) and bring Barbara for the mages/recurring fire shields from the totem in the center.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

Yes. You don't want to use cryo or electro vs the slimes or mage shields at the end. Attack the slimes with physical (if you don't have tart) and bring Barbara for the mages/recurring fire shields from the totem in the center.

I'm so glad I can solo this loving domain now because literally half the times for the AR45 one I'd get an electro person and I'd have to type "Electro bad" using the loving PS4 chat system and then have them go, "IT'S FINE, IT CAN BE OUT HEALED."

... they say to me, the person who was playing the healer. So many team wipes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah people joke/complain about bringing Diluc to the fire domain but he's actually one of the safer choices because worst case scenario your fire abilities don't do anything whereas cryo and electro will kill you.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Yeah, I ran the top level electro artifact domain once with Diona thinking the superconductor blast wouldn't be that bad. Killed her on the first E I think.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There needs to be in-game information on what those special auras do. I'm pretty sure even the same elements have multiple types but don't know how to distinguish them until it's obvious what the effect is. Like there's the Pyro fireball one and the one that does a big DoT. Electro has the lightning triangles and the energy drain.

I haven't even been able to find a guide online that covers all the different types.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I don't like how 2 of the artifact domains punish you for using electro

I understand why they did it with the electro artifact set domain but to have it on the fire artifact one too is just insulting

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

There needs to be in-game information on what those special auras do. I'm pretty sure even the same elements have multiple types but don't know how to distinguish them until it's obvious what the effect is. Like there's the Pyro fireball one and the one that does a big DoT. Electro has the lightning triangles and the energy drain.

I haven't even been able to find a guide online that covers all the different types.
You get tips that pop up when you first see them. You can look through them in the archive now (they should be at the bottom of the tutorials list).

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYZKIWvubU

No Wave posted:

You get tips that pop up when you first see them. You can look through them in the archive now (they should be at the bottom of the tutorials list).

That doesn't actually cover all of the variants.

Mr Snips posted:

I don't like how 2 of the artifact domains punish you for using electro

I understand why they did it with the electro artifact set domain but to have it on the fire artifact one too is just insulting

Electro is consistently treated as the redheaded stepchild of elements. It doesn't have much going for it in general and all of its reactions are sorta jank in one way or another (none of them are multiplicative, electrocharged is buggy and weird and doesn't trigger the second proc reliably, overload knocks enemies away from you which can be annoying, and superconduct doesn't benefit electro itself while also doing less damage than even swirl). Even on the abyss floors where it's buffed (9 and 11) it's usually better to just use pyro or cryo instead because the enemy lineups on those floors have a bunch of units that are either outright immune to electro or have strong resists against it.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Looks like it only covers the debuff type auras. No mention of the fireball, ice cage, electric walls.

But the debuff type, it seems, are all clean rings around the enemy, while the ones that spawn things is more of a swirling aura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Game has been going pretty well so far. I've bought 2 battle passes, 3-4 Welkins, and I'd say $40 is still a bargain for the fun I've been having with Genshin so far. Starting to think about offering to help people out on the goon discord when I get some time off from work, co-op has been surprisingly fun.

Keqing is the main DPS on my current team. I have her running with Black Sword (Ref. lvl 2), gladiator set, level 80 with only one Talent upgrade left to go. Still working on thunder artifacts
Her main support is C6 Barbara (thanks to starglitter shop). The healing buff also reduces stamina costs for dodge and charge attacks, and applying wet to enemies about as fast as the lightning sword.
Besides that, I rotate between Xiangling (overload), Fischl (faster charging ult), Tartaglia (+sword damage), and Venti (battlefield control). Mona shows up occasionally, but I try to avoid triple water and I don't think I have a single super-hit that would synergize with her ult.

The one thing I don't really have is good shields. I've toyed with Zhongli, Diona, Noelle, and Xinyan, but I haven't checked the numbers to see who would be best to boost after I hit level 50 and bring Keqing's power level up. If I'm choosing between those 4, which is the best to bring in if I mainly just want Big Shields?