Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I received my gift from my secret santa! Thank you so much for the malifaux set, and the cock soup! Also the Desert Storm Trading cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Thanks so much, Santa!

I can't wait to get started working on this stuff, and the classic ork is icing on a very sweet cake!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Modulo16 posted:

I received my gift from my secret santa! Thank you so much for the malifaux set, and the cock soup! Also the Desert Storm Trading cards.

I'll need to know which of your Santas this is from. Can you hit me with an email with the identity of the sender, if you have it from the packaging? Otherwise, could this Santa either fess up here, or email me? Thanks!

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Tactical deployment of holiday cheer: CONFIRMED

May god have mercy on our souls...

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Leperflesh posted:

I'll need to know which of your Santas this is from. Can you hit me with an email with the identity of the sender, if you have it from the packaging? Otherwise, could this Santa either fess up here, or email me? Thanks!

I sent you an email. Sorry for the confusion.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Modulo16 posted:

I sent you an email. Sorry for the confusion.

Got it! Thank you, I like to keep the Spreadsheet of Cheer neat and tidy.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Modulo16 posted:

That would be me!
I put a homemade card in it
You should post pics of your haul lol

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

ToyotaThong posted:

That would be me!
I put a homemade card in it
You should post pics of your haul lol

I also recieved my other secret santa's gift today too! Thanks so much for the Crossroads 7!

Heres a picture of my haul from ToyotaThong!

I look forward to putting the cock soup in my mouth whilst wearing my assault riffle Shemaugh! :bahgawd: :gary:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

LeSquide posted:

Thanks so much, Santa!

I can't wait to get started working on this stuff, and the classic ork is icing on a very sweet cake!

Glad you like it! The Nolzur minis were kind of a shot in the dark so if they don't suit the game systems you play please feel free to flip 'em for something more your speed!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
An unexpected package arrived today. A quick peek confirmed that it was sent by my Santa. Thank you! I haven't had a chance to get a good look at everything, so I'll write up a proper post in the next day or two.

I also intend to ship out my Santee's gifts tomorrow.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A third package came in!

It actually came in on Saturday, but I mistook it for something from my parents. Sorry, Santa! Agent Dexter of the Feline Postal Inspectorate made sure that it was the right one to open.

Both Agent Dexter and Agent Sinister loved the present! By which we of course mean the packaging.

The contents, however, are clearly more interesting to me than them.

THANK YOU SANTA! :wood: Been after a copy of this for quite some time. I'm floored by your generosity, thank you so much!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

DigitalRaven posted:

A third package came in!

THANK YOU SANTA! :wood: Been after a copy of this for quite some time. I'm floored by your generosity, thank you so much!

I'm glad that it all got there - now you can drink your Trappist beer, eat your (ding)dongs, and read about future life under the Beanstalk!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Gift has been mailed to my santee! Hope they like it!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I uh got some bad news.

I hosed up my right arm/hand the other day so scroll production is grinding to a halt.

Not gonna grinch and they're all still coming but I can't really make them lefty/with my teeth or something so this might be more of like a New Years thing.

I'm really sorry.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

I uh got some bad news.

I hosed up my right arm/hand the other day so scroll production is grinding to a halt.

Oh no
Are you gonna be ok though?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I just dropped a big rear end log of firewood on my hand like a dingus so I can kind of type with one and a half hands but it's hard to hold a brush cause two of my fingers are splinted.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xiahou Dun posted:

I just dropped a big rear end log of firewood on my hand like a dingus so I can kind of type with one and a half hands but it's hard to hold a brush cause two of my fingers are splinted.

Yeah a lot of posters here only use one hand.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah a lot of posters here only use one hand.

Har har big log of wood.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've nearly almost finished making my Santee's gift.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I uh got some bad news.

Not gonna grinch and they're all still coming but I can't really make them lefty/with my teeth or something so this might be more of like a New Years thing.

I'm really sorry.

Dang! That sucks! Did you get a doctor to look at it, I'm assuming so if you have a splint, did you break anything?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah I went to urgent care. They were pretty sure nothing broke and didn't even order x-rays but I'm down two fingers for now and the whole thing looks like a glove full of tomatoes.

But I shall heal and return like a phoenix! Any grinching will just be temporal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

These are like... bonus gift purchase things anyway, right? If I recall correctly. I'm not tracking anything from you on the Spreadsheet of Cheer.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Jesus! Take care of yourself, dude. Healing above all.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

These are like... bonus gift purchase things anyway, right? If I recall correctly. I'm not tracking anything from you on the Spreadsheet of Cheer.

O yeah. This was alywas just for funnsies. So I was more letting people know they might be late.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So the order for my lightning round santee says it is due to arrive tomorrow, but also doesn't say it shipped and doesn't have a tracking number.

:iiam:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah I went to urgent care. They were pretty sure nothing broke and didn't even order x-rays but I'm down two fingers for now and the whole thing looks like a glove full of tomatoes.

But I shall heal and return like a phoenix! Any grinching will just be temporal.

:eyepop:
Don't feel pressured at all, just heal up!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rydiafan posted:

So the order for my lightning round santee says it is due to arrive tomorrow, but also doesn't say it shipped and doesn't have a tracking number.

:iiam:

I've had that happen before with Amazon stuff, It still shows up on time just without any advance notice. I wouldn't worry until day after tomorrow if you still don't have tracking.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
FINAL CHEER DEPLOYED

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Santee #1's gift should probably be arriving today(?) if it has not already, I have misplaced the tracking number :shrug: it's around here somewhere

It's coming in a super sketchy box because I had to cut to size and reinforce it but I promise it's a completely normal package

Lightning Round Santee's gift is waiting to ship from the manufacturer, it's been pretty in demand this year so i guess it's up to pazuzu now

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The USPS is more hosed now than it has been all year. I have no less than 6 parcels I've been tracking (mostly Black Friday shopping) with delivery dates listed between the 4th and 7th. One of them is flagged as our for delivery today. The rest are just still in postal limbo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
CHEER ARRIVAL

I got this box of mouse warriors! They are adorable!

Quite the elaborate packaging from Reaper for these little guys

I've always loved the weight and heft of metal miniatures.

Eulalia!

They're great.

Thanks, mysterious Santa!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

jivjov posted:

The USPS is more hosed now than it has been all year. I have no less than 6 parcels I've been tracking (mostly Black Friday shopping) with delivery dates listed between the 4th and 7th. One of them is flagged as our for delivery today. The rest are just still in postal limbo.

well, poo poo

thanks for loving up the government service i like and use the most, trump

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, I've got a parcel that's two weeks late at this point. It's the Isle of Cats expanion, Late Arrivals. I tempted fate with that one :negative:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mirthless posted:

well, poo poo

thanks for loving up the government service i like and use the most, trump

Yeah, to be completely clear the USPS is blameless here. They're getting completely screwed over by the GOP. Incidentally, the last bit to my Santee went media Mail and has no tracking :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

Yeah, to be completely clear the USPS is blameless here. They're getting completely screwed over by the GOP. Incidentally, the last bit to my Santee went media Mail and has no tracking :(

It's not just UPS, I posted my first gift a couple of weeks ago and it's somewhere in the mysteries of the Royal Mail. I ordered my lightning round gift to go straight from the shop to save this issue but it seems that hasn't worked either.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All carriers are always impacted around christmas. And... hmm, there might be a bit more online shopping for direct delivery this year, than there is normally, for some reason. For example, my family isn't getting together this year, so we're all mailing stuff we'd normally hand to one another on christmas morning.

It is also the case that the government is intentionally loving around with the post office, but that's just one factor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it's a compounding issue. Standard holiday rush is stacking up on top of the budget and staffing cutbacks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There are almost certainly some delays legitimately caused or exacerbated by covid as well

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Bloop posted:

There are almost certainly some delays legitimately caused or exacerbated by covid as well

I'm lumping that in with "GOP fuckery", since we could have squared this whole thing away in a couple months without their woeful mishandling.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, that's a legit complaint and everything, but I'd like to keep the Secret Santa thread relentlessly positive and weirdly devoid of real-world doom and gloom as much as possible. Let's all just be hopeful that things will arrive on time, and email me if your tracking indicates that it won't. I'll be somewhat lenient this year in terms of shipping-delay-caused problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Bloop posted:

CHEER ARRIVAL

I got this box of mouse warriors! They are adorable!

Quite the elaborate packaging from Reaper for these little guys

I've always loved the weight and heft of metal miniatures.

Eulalia!

They're great.

Thanks, mysterious Santa!

Glad you like them mate :)

I'm not a mini person, so it was a bit of fun looking about and seeing what was available!

I hope they're good quality :ohdear:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 9, 2020