Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

raymond rules

I heard this in Ryback's voice and now I have disturbing thoughts of Ray Romano all jacked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ray and Robert vs Undertaker and Kane at the next Crown Jewel. We’ll see who the real brothers of destruction are.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ekera

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everybody Loves Raymond (Except forkboy)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best part of everybody loves raymond was the theme song and intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zbWLMvd_48

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

raymond rules

My favorite match type

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cavauro posted:

the best part of everybody loves raymond was the theme song and intro

Joke's on you, that's the King of Queens intro.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

My favorite match type

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Please someone photoshop Raymond's face onto Raven, thank you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

What point do you think I'm trying to make? Because all I'm saying is that the argument that "X is watched by a million people therefore it can't be a chore" isn't actually very good. I'm not saying that one person arguing something is a chore to watch instantly makes it a chore for everyone because that would make no sense?

Really? Because from what I'm seeing you're pretty much saying just that by declaring that your opinion overrides that of millions of other people.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
McDonald's sells the most burgers, doesn't mean they're the best or even good.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Punch McLightning posted:

But given that they do sell all those burgers they can't exactly be completely inedible garbage either.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it means mcdonald's is not just the greatest, not just the best, but justin credible.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

A lot of people disagree with this opinion because they buy the burgers. I doubt anyone thinks they're the best, but if they didn't think they were good, they would go to Burger King, or Wendy's, or whatever. I think Friends and The Office are both loving garbage. I'm clearly in the minority on that opinion though, and yelling about how everyone who watches Friends is brain dead isn't going to convince anyone.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Arguments about subjective taste never make sense to me. Some people love cilantro. Other people hate cilantro. No one tallies up all those people to figure out if cilantro is objectively bad or good based on the number of people who do or don't like it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
McDonalds is an immoral company that abuses its employees but Jeus Christ those fries.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
At the end of they day this is real simple as it basically boils down to two options: Either the statement "this show is a chore" is just a subjective value statement that expresses a personal opinion and nothing more or there is some common objective definition of what a chore is, and if the second is the case then it seems highly unlikely that a huge amount of people would voluntarily subject themselves to something that is objectively speaking a chore unless some kind of external circumstances are at play here.

Which is why being all "well just because a lot of people watch something doesn't mean it's good" misses the point entirely, because that's not even the question under debate here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

McDonalds is an immoral company that abuses its employees but Jeus Christ those fries.

:hmmyes:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

It's the beef flavor

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like McDonalds I like Raymond

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW is so critically acclaimed that people accuse the critics of being bought off. The show just had one of its biggest ratings successes. It's hard to say the show is a chore on any metric.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all japan is young sheldon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was reminded of this gem today

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/05/18/the-inexplicable-inevitable-rise-jinder-mahal/

quote:

Adding to this historical pattern is a new goal for the WWE: international expansion. The UK Tournament earlier this year made clear that the WWE’s ambitions go beyond bringing existing talent to foreign lands, but also creating unique and homegrown (or at least localized) stars across the globe. Finding these talents has and will continue be a challenge, so the ability to use an existing talent for this purpose certainly suits the company’s goals.

I am not pretending this Sunday’s match will be a classic. It will very likely not even be one of the two most important matches on the show. But, I am always in favor of trying something, anything once.

And if Jinder Mahal can rise from semi main eventing in Staten Island to battling for the WWE Title at a WWE pay-per-view in slightly over a year, then literally anything and everything is possible in WWE.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Arguments about subjective taste never make sense to me. Some people love cilantro. Other people hate cilantro. No one tallies up all those people to figure out if cilantro is objectively bad or good based on the number of people who do or don't like it.

Cilantro is a bad example because you can tell if someone finds it bad or not based upon their genes. There's a gene that causes people to experience a soapy taste with cilantro instead of whatever it actually tastes like (I dunno because that gene runs in my family). So it's objectively bad to people with that gene and subjective (mostly positive) to people without it.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's the beef flavor

They got rid of the beef fat like a decade ago to court vegetarians and their fries have never been the same since.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

TTBF posted:

They got rid of the beef fat like a decade ago to court vegetarians and their fries have never been the same since.

The par-cooking process involves oil that contains beef flavoring, they don't fry in beef tallow any more.

McDonalds posted:

Do you add any type of flavor when preparing your fries?

Yes. When our suppliers partially fry our cut potatoes, they use an oil blend that contains beef flavoring. This ensures the great-tasting and recognizable flavor we all love from our World Famous Fries®. The fries are cooked in our kitchens, seasoned with salt, and served hot to you. Still curious? Find out everything you want to know about McDonald's fries.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the mcdonald's fry change happened 30 years ago but the story never changes the timing part

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MJeff posted:

McDonalds fries are TRASH. :colbert:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man. imagine if you got placebo'd into believing you used to eat mcdonald's "good fries" and then they got bad. But it's been the same thing that whole time because you only remember the past 15-25 years. if that happened to anyone they should write a book about it

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The par-cooking process involves oil that contains beef flavoring, they don't fry in beef tallow any more.

Good to know! I thought they had completely removed the beef.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that thing I said earlier didn't happen to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I knew this was McLevy even before I clicked it :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also McDonald's fries live or die based on how fresh/hot they are. If you're lucky to get them straight out of the fryer they're the best drat thing in the world, but the minute they cool down you may as well be eating cardboard.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

Cilantro is a bad example because you can tell if someone finds it bad or not based upon their genes. There's a gene that causes people to experience a soapy taste with cilantro instead of whatever it actually tastes like (I dunno because that gene runs in my family). So it's objectively bad to people with that gene and subjective (mostly positive) to people without it.

What if people like the taste of soap

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cilantro doesn't taste like soap to me. it just tastes like dumb dog poo poo that isn't food. i've eaten soap and it's nothing like that. i have the third gene, or trigen. it looks like this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Really? Because from what I'm seeing you're pretty much saying just that by declaring that your opinion overrides that of millions of other people.

Allow me to assure you I wasn't saying that.

(Except about Everybody Loves Raymond being bad. That opinion is definitely right and overrides tens of millions)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If cilantro tastes like soap I am going to eat some loving soap tonight.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

cilantro tastes like soap to me

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

better stop smoking

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

cilantro doesn't taste like soap to me. it just tastes like dumb dog poo poo that isn't food. i've eaten soap and it's nothing like that. i have the third gene, or trigen. it looks like this

Why do you know what dog poo poo tastes like

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-does-cilantro-taste-bad-like-soap_n_7653808

Also the best fries/chips are KFC but only in Australian because they use chicken salt down here on the chips and chicken salt is Australia's greatest contribution to food cultute and virtually unknown outside australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Smoking Crow posted:

cilantro tastes like soap to me

Cilantro tastes a little soapy to me and hell i love it