Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Gregg Williams sucks and they did him a favor by axing him early since the entire coaching staff is going to get poo poo canned at the end of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Can't wait to see what DC position Gregg waltzes into next season.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

3-4 defense.

"Established coach"

Team with a new coaching staff that will likely get an offensive minded HC.

Da Bears.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
For the Eagles I think it honestly makes sense to keep Pederson, fire Roseman and pay Wentz to ride the bench next year. Wentz' contract has a trapdoor in 2022 so you are basically just costing yourself draft capital to divest the contract that you are going to get rid of in 2022 anyways.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

firing gregggggggg for having the guts to call multiple zero blitzes is a goddamn travesty

elevate this man to head coach, of, the bears

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

While we're on the topic of GMs... it's interesting that the buzz around Gettleman needing to go has quieted way down.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

While we're on the topic of GMs... it's interesting that the buzz around Gettleman needing to go has quieted way down.
As dogshit as the NFC East is this season, they do lead the division and pretty much control their own destiny. It also means Joe Judge isn't going away anytime soon.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Truth be told, the Giants are exceeding expectations. They have a decent defense. They are in line to win the division. Hard to fire a guy after he makes the playoffs, regardless of how ridiculous the circumstances

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Congrats SA2K

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1336013653196349440

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

firing gregggggggg for having the guts to call multiple zero blitzes is a goddamn travesty

elevate this man to head coach, of, the bears

Yeah honestly the playcall is fine. The problem is the defensive back has atrocious situational awareness, and that's what seems like the fireable offense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yeah the Chargers have never fired a coach mid-season, so this was expected

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Simplex posted:

Yeah honestly the playcall is fine. The problem is the defensive back has atrocious situational awareness, and that's what seems like the fireable offense.

So you're saying the problem is that they didn't execute?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

So you're saying the problem is that they didn't execute?

To quote the great John McKay when asked about his teams execution, "I'm in favor of it".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I didn'tknow Boomer had cte?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

For the Eagles I think it honestly makes sense to keep Pederson, fire Roseman and pay Wentz to ride the bench next year. Wentz' contract has a trapdoor in 2022 so you are basically just costing yourself draft capital to divest the contract that you are going to get rid of in 2022 anyways.

I believe this is Lurie's plan. We'll see.

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

On the ATN podcast they were discussing how all his offseason acquisitions have worked out perfectly - it's just that pesky draft thing.

Kinda sounds like he's got a chance to save his job over the next few weeks.

Nov 6, 2002

Also, Gregg Williams finishes his 2020 Jets season 30th in points allowed, and 29th in yards.

Edit: and oh yeah he gets to be attached to likely two 0-16 teams.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 7, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Here's an important philosophical question. Who's worse, Hue Jackson or Adam Gase?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mega64 posted:

Here's an important philosophical question. Who's worse, Hue Jackson or Adam Gase?

Hue Jackson

Gase made the playoffs in Miami, as unbelievable as that may sound

Nov 6, 2002

I think Hue Jackson has a record as an offensive coordinator that at least demonstrates competence and an ability to put players in a position to be successful. This is more than Adam Gase can say. Gase occasionally has shown some interesting wrinkles, but mostly he insists on sticking square pegs in round holes, and as playcaller is extremely cowardly, perhaps the most scared I've ever seen. He really has no accomplishments of his own. Everything he's achieved has been on the back of someone with talent, he never elevates a team beyond the sum of it's parts. The best thing you can say about him is that he works extremely hard... to achieve very little.

As a person, they both seem like total shitheads.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

On the ATN podcast they were discussing how all his offseason acquisitions have worked out perfectly - it's just that pesky draft thing.

I can't speak for NY, but his drafting wasn't horrendous overall in Carolina.

CMC
Star Lotulelei
Kawann Short
Trai Turner
James Bradberry
Taylor Moton

He definitely wasn't a lock with his 1st rounders though (Kelvin Benjamin and Vernon Butler :ughh: ), and he's real good at treating vets like poo poo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

Hue Jackson

Gase made the playoffs in Miami, as unbelievable as that may sound

Yeah, it's definitely Hue

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Kinda sounds like he's got a chance to save his job over the next few weeks.

*Furiously Googles "How do I coach in the NFL"*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I would sign hue Jackson as offensive coordinator over a ton of people who currently have the job. You just can't let him have personnel decisions.

My dad met him a bunch of times and Is real close with his wife (they would work out at the same place and chatted a bunch). Dude just seems kinda weasley, has accountability issues and trouble taking the blame. I wouldn't ever want him at HC.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 7, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

To be fair, Gase has been carried his entire career by elite quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Ryan Tannehill.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mega64 posted:

To be fair, Gase has been carried his entire career by elite quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Ryan Tannehill.

I will not accept this Jay Cutler erasure

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Benne posted:

I will not accept this Jay Cutler erasure

True, how could the best quarterback in Bears history not be elite?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The only thing Hue wins is power struggles

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Can you fire an owner? :ohdear:

Jerry Richardson?

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Gase is worse imo. Hue made Dalton look mvp caliber and iirc was generally liked by players for awhile and also gave us that one year the Raiders used a fullback a lot. Gase hasn't done anything without Peyton, seems like an rear end in a top hat to both coaches and players, and you can't even say he might still make it as an OC

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

I can't speak for NY, but his drafting wasn't horrendous overall in Carolina.

CMC
Star Lotulelei
Kawann Short
Trai Turner
James Bradberry
Taylor Moton

He definitely wasn't a lock with his 1st rounders though (Kelvin Benjamin and Vernon Butler :ughh: ), and he's real good at treating vets like poo poo.

Dont forget shaq, cutting Steve Smith, and never doing poo poo for the offensive line.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Sono posted:

Jerry Richardson?

remember when all his harassment stuff came out and then Ron Rivera gave him the game ball the next week

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

indigi posted:

remember when all his harassment stuff came out and then Ron Rivera gave him the game ball the next week
Real class act, that Ron Rivera. Gonna remake the Football Team in his image.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ron Rivera would jump on a grenade for The Shield and salute Roger for the honor.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Dont forget shaq, cutting Steve Smith, and never doing poo poo for the offensive line.

Steve was the main thought when I said treating vets like poo poo (I remember hearing about Olsen and TD too, but I don't know if that was ever a thing)

He'd usually find guys off the scrap heap in the secondary and on the OL (getting Norwell undrafted, drafting Daryl Williams in the 4th, GVR, etc.)

The guy is a probably a massive rear end in a top hat, but I just don't think he's Matt Millen necessarily.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1336319114730762241

This is a doomed process.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I will be the head coach for the Houston Texans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why do you need so many loving people to find a head coach

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the mcnairs famously do not like making decisions, which is why o'brien remained there for so long despite obviously being a dumpster fire

the more guys you try to fob your decisions off on, the less responsibility you have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Those all seem exactly like the type of people who will offer Jason Garrett a 5 year contract the moment the Giants season ends.