Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
:toot: Breakdown and the Jet Vehicon should be here by Wednesday :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I only vaguely recall AoE but according to tfwiki Lockdown's "mission" was to capture "the knights" for "the creators", with Optimus being a knight

If you're saying the guy who looks like a knight in his robot mode (which is in the movie, I think, for a couple seconds) in the ship of the dude collecting knights isn't a knight, well, AoE is bad and let's not watch it

But having a character with a knight design in one of his portrayals talk like a knight isn't exactly some big ol' innovation.

Cyberverse Grimlock doesn't look like a knight though.

Keldroc posted:

Granted I haven't watched the show, but Grimlock doesn't come off like a knight in the game. He sounds like a pretentious Ivy League guy, but I would never think "knight" about that character.

That's a good analogy as well. Grimlock is great.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I got shipping notice for mine, too. My God Neptune set showed up yesterday and the shipping box was comically oversized. As in, I could fit inside it if I tried.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Moai Ou posted:

I got shipping notice for mine, too. My God Neptune set showed up yesterday and the shipping box was comically oversized. As in, I could fit inside it if I tried.

Prove it!

Also expecting Breakdown/Vehicon!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I got a shipping notice for Tentakil Sunday night and just got the one for Breakdown/Vehicon. I thought those two weren't gonna be out til January haha.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Same! They weren’t supposed to hit till January! :ohdear:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I suddenly realised that I had setup a rule to auto archive all of the spam from Zavvi before checking and seeing that it's still projected to arrive at the end of January :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Cyberverse Grimlock has big Kelsey Grammar energy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

BABY I HEAR THE BOTS A-CALLIN’

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I got an email from Target, I had to log in and accept the new delayed delivery date for Thrust. It said accepting the new date was "required", so I assume they would have cancelled the preorder if I didn't respond in a timely fashion. Heads up for anyone else expecting a Thrust.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

How many times does he say money plane?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

I got an email from Target, I had to log in and accept the new delayed delivery date for Thrust. It said accepting the new date was "required", so I assume they would have cancelled the preorder if I didn't respond in a timely fashion. Heads up for anyone else expecting a Thrust.

Got the same email. And keep getting them from Amazon for the 2 packs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh hopefully that means some more come into stock!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

They probably had to delay him so PrimevsPrime could get his review out before anyone could have it.

In other news, my Secret Santee gift goes out tomorrow, just had to get some local Chicago snacks that travel well to put in with the main gifts.

It does NOT include Vienna sausages, "America's Oldest Hotdog," introduced at the Colombian Exposition in 1893 as a street food by two German Jews. They're kosher!

But... best to not send people meat through the mail, y'know? What if my Santee is vegan? Who knows.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But... best to not send people meat through the mail, y'know? What if my Santee is vegan? Who knows.

This hadn't even occurred to me but I very nearly did exactly that. We'd just come back from a German themed town and had bought a bit too much sausage.

My santee's gift went out yesterday. Hopefully it takes less time than the estimate I got when the label was purchased :|

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My santee's gift went out today! There is no meat in the package, but there is gum that tastes like soap, which my wife insists is an indelible part of junk food canadiana, despite I've never seen anything like that except at a Spencer's Gifts. (There is also a shitload of other junk foods, all much better, don't worry.)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DisposableHero posted:

This hadn't even occurred to me but I very nearly did exactly that. We'd just come back from a German themed town and had bought a bit too much sausage.

Helen, GA?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

I also got this. Hoping they come through, since he's my favorite Conehead.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Leavenworth, WA actually. But I gather there are a number of such towns all over.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

BABY I HEAR THE BOTS A-CALLIN’

Tossed kibble and scrabbled legs?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DisposableHero posted:

Tossed kibble and scrabbled legs?

Quite stylish!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I love where this is going.

And maybe I can't hold my own gun up
My hand don't fit this peg!

Ha ha ha ha!

90's Tank Megatron seems to have shipped from Hasbro Pulse.

(Also, if someone sent ME any local meat it's okay I was lusting after gator jerky earlier.)

(Hmmm. I guess we're not doing phrasing anymore?)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, I'm glad I didn't send this Runamuck to my santee:

His head elected to come apart at the neck rather than move.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Phy posted:

Well, I'm glad I didn't send this Runamuck to my santee

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry that happened :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh wow, Amazon shipped my Ratchet 2-pack.

But do I even care right now?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rhyno posted:

Oh wow, Amazon shipped my Ratchet 2-pack.

But do I even care right now?

You should, they're nice.

Looks like the G2 Megatrons are shipping out from Pulse, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You should, they're nice.

Looks like the G2 Megatrons are shipping out from Pulse, too.

Sorry, in a mood.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So, just tossing this out there in case anyone is interested.

I'm selling off my entire TF: Prime collection. Every figure here except Ratchet is complete and 95% of them have instructions. I did the usual, priced them out from completed EBay listings and deducted ebay operating expenses. Goon price is $500 + actual shipping.

Sorry about the poo poo photos.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Well, I'm glad I didn't send this Runamuck to my santee:

His head elected to come apart at the neck rather than move.

You could probably fix it.

This reminds me of the time years ago when I realized that Maketoys Gundog actually had a waist swivel but some paint or something had made it immobile. One hell of a QC issue.

Cut my finger pretty bad trying to pry everything apart after removing all the screws. Just be careful, is all I'm saying!

Also... I seem to have received meat by post, which makes some of my previous comments a bit funny.

This is a good day.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You could probably fix it.

Oh yeah, I've contacted A3U about getting an exchange already but if they won't/can't take him back I got plans, mainly involving an exacto, some brass rod, and a hand drill. I think what happened is, his head's glued together instead of screwed, and some of the glue slopped in and gummed up the ball joint.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My Bumblebee finally shipped!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I finally opened ER Sunstreaker last night (kinda to make up for Runamuck), and found something I don't think I've noticed before. We've all seen fake hood/roof chests by now. Sunny's official MP, as well as the Badcube toy, both do that to improve his proportions in car mode. ER Sunny avoids that, as his car mode roof is his real chest - but he has fake hood toes.

The bottom of his feet and the backs of his legs are the car mode hood and all the window bits that don't become chest. The headlights and hood curvature are recreated on the top of his feet. I understand why the designers did it, it's just... funky.

(Also writing this I discovered that the bit of hood immediately in front of the windshield becomes flip-down heel spurs, which I missed when I took the pictures)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just put up the crib at my mums place and once again I secretly included a guardian angel. It's my favourite Christmas tradition.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Lodin posted:

Just put up the crib at my mums place and once again I secretly included a guardian angel. It's my favourite Christmas tradition.

Is that Hodor wearing a hoodie on the left?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know you guys are probably sick of me saying "here buy my poo poo" but I think somebody said they would be interested if I decided to sell my Toyworld Devastator and my Zeta Bruticus and Superion?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Comfortador posted:

Is that Hodor wearing a hoodie on the left?

He's ready for a different type of crib

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I know you guys are probably sick of me saying "here buy my poo poo" but I think somebody said they would be interested if I decided to sell my Toyworld Devastator and my Zeta Bruticus and Superion?

I'm not tired, but by the time I get both the money and space, they probably won't be for sale anymore.

I probably wasn't the one who said it before, though.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Don't sweat it. If you're like me you like the feeling it's going "in house" and hassle free.

Also I might be selling some thing soon...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
From PrimevsPrime's review of Thrust, it looks like what I suspected is true; his wings can fold up like standard Seeker wings if you want.

What terrible accent am I learning by listening to him so much anyway? I feel like he's the British version of a mafia stereotype talking in academic terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From PrimevsPrime's review of Thrust, it looks like what I suspected is true; his wings can fold up like standard Seeker wings if you want.

What terrible accent am I learning by listening to him so much anyway? I feel like he's the British version of a mafia stereotype talking in academic terms.

He's got a fairly standard SE England/Home Counties accent, lower middle class (notice how he pronounces 'Thrust' as 'Frust'). He's adopting the style of our UK TV presenters (the younger ones, obviously), who are usually excitable in the same way.