Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
You know those "im a forklift driver, I don't take poo poo from anyone, and if you don't like it you can go away" shirts, but an algorithm changes it for different occupations?

Well, how about the occupation of... wife guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
And it's a... rug? Gargantuan wall tapestry?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Giant quilt.

Would be more efficient to just get a throw pillow that says "I'm sorry I slept with my coworker" though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imagine, just imagine, being this threatened by gay men eating cheese...

https://mobile.twitter.com/play_too_much_/status/1336068245577723905

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The Trapt twitter account has been suspended

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

learnincurve posted:

Holy poo poo the ratio on this :chanpop:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

And it's a... rug? Gargantuan wall tapestry?

I did initially think of afghan war rugs when I saw it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

learnincurve posted:

I hate that insincere "or whatever tf y'all wanna call it" like these things would be impossibly complex to remember. People are really proud of being unable to comprehend ideas and words.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lobsterminator posted:

I hate that insincere "or whatever tf y'all wanna call it" like these things would be impossibly complex to remember. People are really proud of being unable to comprehend ideas and words.

my favorite form of this is pretending not to be able to pronounce foreign names, even if they sound like the way they're spelled

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the gay men eat all the cheese then there won't be any cheese left for me.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Am gay and love cheese, can confirm. I even have a cheese advent calendar!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

If the gay men eat all the cheese then there won't be any cheese left for me.

Sorry about that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can subsist on the cheese gays won't eat

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Am NOT GAY and eat all the super funky cheese available. How does that work out?? are we to filter for gay people being enthusiastic about cheese? Are gay people expected to be limited in their views on cheese? Can gay people only have cheddar???

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a more accurate statement would be that I can subsist on the cheese that nobody else will eat

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bismuth posted:

Holy poo poo the ratio on this :chanpop:

"I don't like over-sexualization," said the man with a pantsless banner image.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
One loving joke.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1335392266593120257?s=19

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

poly and open-minded posted:

The Trapt twitter account has been suspended

drat it was a good source of fun

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

drat it was a good source of fun

It's all fun and games until someone makes rape jokes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1336362260084748297?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

He’s getting a Na’avi facial shape.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Chuck Norris is 80 years old, drat. Next president?!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Chuck Norris cut in front of my family in line at a restaurant in Dallas once, at the height of his Walker Texas ranger fame

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

People on Reddit share that opinion too:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It's worth noting that this goes pretty far beyond normal epilepsy risks in videogames:

Cyberpunk 2077 Epileptic PSA posted:

Braindances are something that CDPR has been talking about as a feature for awhile now, and it's an intricate part of the story from start to finish. BD's allow players to interface with memories, often of the deceased, by plugging into a mainframe and diving in. Pretty much everything about this is a trigger and this is something that caused me to have a grand mal seizure when playing to help with our review. This is also a trigger on many levels, starting with the device itself.

When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, when I first heard this, I thought "lol oops guess they'll fix that quickly."

But what the gently caress.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Not sure who the idiot is here...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Not sure who the idiot is here...

Didn't seem right for the good tweets thread and there's no "completely mystifying social media" thread.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elysiume posted:

It's worth noting that this goes pretty far beyond normal epilepsy risks in videogames:

Kurt Eichenwald won a six‐figure judgement after he was assaulted via a seizure‐inducing .GIF.

Imagine the class action legs on this.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
There has been seizure warnings in games for a while now to cover everyone's asses (I assume), but this game actually can trigger them, amazing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/paperghost/status/1336207342396977153?s=19

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see the deadly strobing lights

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*rips bong*

what if we like, just used the same thing doctors use to induce seizures to induce the brain dance??

*coughs*

far out man

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
They 100% deserve to be sued the hell out of.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Siezurepunk 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Siezurepunk 2020

With Keanu Seize

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Actively killing your paying audience seems pretty punk, I gotta admit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

xtal posted:

I want to see the deadly strobing lights

Honestly, I wanna try this, but also I want video games to not kill people.

Life is complex, not everything is red and white.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Actively killing your paying audience seems pretty punk, I gotta admit.

I mean it's really drat on brand. "How can we make a game from a dystopian sci-fi novel set in 2174, today?"

" If you choose to play, here's what you can do to keep yourself safe" ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Should be noted that this woman decided to ignore the fact that there would be a epilepsy warning test done by several agencies and charities in a safe and risk assessment friendly way, but went ahead and decided to give herself repeated fits while making a list. Which is a monumentally dangerous and arrogant thing to do, especially since she’s got a load of kids het up about ableism, which it complete bollocks because what she mentions is in the trailer and she could have done a “why we can’t play this game” article from that.

Yes the game is problematic but this is pure “this game is poisonous, see how I expose what bastards the developers are by eating it, so you don’t have to, and then document my trip to hospital, which will be all their fault”.