Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I know Far From Home teased the Multiverse, and that's gonna be the focus of the next Dr Strange movie, but having the next Spider-Man movie apparently also focusing on that is not at all what I was expecting. I'm not even sure if it's what I want, at least not for the next Spider-Man movie.

I wonder how all of this is going to play out though. Remember when Sam Neill was cast in Thor Ragnarok and we were all speculating on what role he was playing and what it meant for the MCU and then it just turned out he was playing Odin in a stage play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if I'd call it a teaser. Mysterio was straight up lying.

There's always a chance this is the final MCU Spider-Man movie so i guess they're throwing everything at the wall.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if I'd call it a teaser. Mysterio was straight up lying.

There's always a chance this is the final MCU Spider-Man movie so i guess they're throwing everything at the wall.

The new deal gave them at least two more movies I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

The new deal gave them at least two more movies I think.

Yeah, that's one for Sony and one for Marvel though. So he'd have one more appearance after this for sure, but it could be the last MCU Spider-Man solo movie.

Unless there's been another deal since September of last year I missed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, that's one for Sony and one for Marvel though. So he'd have one more appearance after this for sure, but it could be the last MCU Spider-Man solo movie.

Unless there's been another deal since September of last year I missed.
The rumor awhile back was that after this next solo Spider-Man we would get Spidey in Captain Marvel 2

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Raimi Spider-Man movies exist in the MCU. J. Jonah played himself.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't remember hearing that, why captain marvel of all things

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Speaking of Captain Marvel, apparently the casting for the Ms. Marvel show has got people really upset.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Big if true. Chris Evans isn’t playing a Marvel hero right now 🤨

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

I think it's just gonna be a sinister six story but with stunt casting

That's my thought/hope too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Speaking of Captain Marvel, apparently the casting for the Ms. Marvel show has got people really upset.

Yeah they cast a Christian mixed girl to play her Turkish Muslim friend.

And one of the cast members is an accused rapist.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

What? Why? The girl is an unknown I think, but I'm sure she auditioned well and she's the right age

Edit:^^^ ah, I see

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I saw a purported "Home Worlds" leaked poster that I assumed was clickbait bullshit, but it's starting to look a lot more plausible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Half Christian" is a weird as hell criticism I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

The child predator stuff is another story. But I'm seeing all kinds of conflicting stuff about it like a different guy with the same name or that guy not actually being on the cast list. But they need to sort that poo poo out one way or another.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Christian, and her father is white. That's what people are upset about. Her character is a devout Muslim who always wears a hijab, not casting a Muslim actress is pretty stupid.

Also they've apparently cast an Indian woman to play Kamala's mother which is kind of an iffy call.

However, this all comes from rumor sites not confirmations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1336406203233165313

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm kind of waiting to see it from an official statement but omgomgomgomgomg.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Does Kirsten have to come back?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Disney and Sony solving the Spider-Man rights fuckery by going "you know what, gently caress it, full canonical multiverse, everyone do whatever" is... just the best possible outcome.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay if that's true guess I was wrong but lol anyways

Who's gonna play Miles

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is making me much less interested in this movie. I guess it makes sense why Dr. Strange is in it now though!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

She's Christian, and her father is white. That's what people are upset about. Her character is a devout Muslim who always wears a hijab, not casting a Muslim actress is pretty stupid.

No, no it's not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

"Half Christian" is a weird as hell criticism I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

The child predator stuff is another story. But I'm seeing all kinds of conflicting stuff about it like a different guy with the same name or that guy not actually being on the cast list. But they need to sort that poo poo out one way or another.

Yeah, the thing people were getting upset about was her being 'half-white' which is itself a super uncomfortable thing to see people have outrage over because it amounts to "She's half white! That's not ethnic enough!" Say you want a Turkish hijabi actress but don't throw that in with the same point.

The sexual predator stuff also comes from MyLife which is apparently not a site you want to hang your validity on.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

site posted:

Okay if that's true guess I was wrong but lol anyways

Who's gonna play Miles
If we're very, very lucky, the voice of Shameik Moore?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's still super likely that these are 2 second cameos but it's still an exciting time. How close does this come out to Spider-Verse 2? I wonder if they'll tie that in somehow

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like we'd all have a better idea of what was happening if not for the pandemic, because like... isn't X-Men Quicksilver's actor cast in that? And when that came out it was like "Oh poo poo! But he's probably playing some other character." But like... there's a lot more "Hmmm" since then and we still don't know.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/HSteinfeldNews/status/1336440847802494982

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Needs to cut big holes in the hips.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, if these characters get more than a collective two minutes of screentime I'm gonna be a little bummed, but I don't really expect that, it'll probably be cameos yeah

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Alhazred posted:

Pretty bold of DC to side with Soviet.

WW84 ties into the upcoming Red Son film

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

Maybe later she goes to help the IDF too

In case people are unaware, all Israeli's need to be in the IDF, so condemning people for being in it is really dumb. Now if she's been going "of course we need to exterminate Palestinians so we can build upscale housing on their lands" yea gently caress her.

AngryBooch posted:

In WW84 what if they filmed where Wonder Woman is moving in Slow Motion but she's supposed to be moving at super speed?

Because that's what they did in that scene. It's baffling.

Oh that's what they're doing there? What the hell?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MarveIFacts/status/1336425448784318467?s=20

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marvel was so smart to wait for her to be available and/or toss a lot of money her way.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hosed up that MCU peter parker stole miles' personality and his best friend and now he's taking his movie too

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's probably going to end up being a hot mess -- a bit of emphasis on the hot, a bit of emphasis on the mess -- but I'm honestly down for seeing Garfield, aka the Peter Parker we needed but didn't deserve, get a cool final send off.

Blockhouse posted:

hosed up that MCU peter parker stole miles' personality and his best friend and now he's taking his movie too
This is unfortunate though. Hopefully it'll manage to distinguish itself a bit, but still...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm prepared to have a replay of Spider-Verse and seeing a bunch of Spidies from different eras being murdered by the Inheritors.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

:) This is pretty awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Should have actually brought Dafoe for Ock in SM3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like the better comp is probably Crisis on Infinite Earths on CW. That showed you can just drop characters from other shows and movies in, acknowledge it all with "multiverse", and people will just have fun. So I wouldn't expect Maguire and Garfield to have equal roles as Holand but I can see them showing up for a big fight, some exposition, and supporting roles if the go the whole Multiverse Sinister Six Spiderverse route.

But I'm still restraining myself until we see something official. Not because I don't believe, but just to not get carried away theory crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Now I want all the Batmans to team up and kick fukken rear end. Of course they would have to have some early scenes where they are suspicious of each other and fighting and trying to outBatman each other. Then they'll have dick measuring contests where they compare Batmobiles and Batcaves.