Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Algund Eenboom posted:

The correct way to make Bolognese
I gather the author thought they were saying something controversial?

Edit: Granted, I'd use cheap wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

only onions maybe celery no carrots

carrots add sugar to balance the tomato

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Goast posted:

i knew about the chili one did they make a whole series of that poo poo?

http://www.cookingcomically.com/

There is a whole website full of them.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
you can make a basic tomato sauce with some ground beef chucked in all you want but thats still not bolognese lmao

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

carrots add sugar to balance the tomato
Might as well use marshmallow fluff.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

says the motherfucker defending a pasta sauce recipe that uses straight sugar

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
just dump some corn syrup in there too you freak

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
go and eat your hamburgers with ketchup you yankee apes!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

please do NOT try to derail the excellent avatar derail with this cooking bull

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

have you ever eaten a carrot?

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Lady Militant posted:

ok but "pushing a bunch of C4 off the back of a space c-130" seems a little hackney'd for a space force that...CAN GO TO SPACE...it lowers the stakes of the movie!!! they shoulda had the colonial forces nuke the "connection" tree and had the na'avi still win and drive the invaders out proving that the na'avi as a people are stronger than they think.

see I remember liking this about Avatar, same with the fact that the marines had to build a dumb sandbag fort + machinegun next on the back of said c-130. it tells you (if you're paying attention and willing to take the movie at face value) that the military (as always) wasn't really prepared for this poo poo. they've got a transport plane, a bunch of Hueys, and some forklift trucks they've hacked into being mechanised infantry. why that instead of real weaponry? because they're a limited security force working on a budget. they're the half-strength marine platoon assigned to the embassy in Indonesia. they don't have heavy weapons and they're not cleared to fight an actual war because no-one was expecting one.

I remember thinking at the time that the real way to write the sequel would be five or ten years later, a gloomy Blade Runner style film set on a lovely dying cyberpunk earth, with the protagonist being an investigator trying to find out what happened to some missing marine, and eventually uncovering the Pandora revolt and the fact that the planet's surface was bombarded with nuclear weaponry shortly after. you can fight the empire but you'll never win for long.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Goast posted:

just dump some corn syrup in there too you freak
It's infinitely superior to any sauce with carrot in it. If you need to get rid of old carrots and celery, adopt a rabbit.

have you ever eaten a carrot?
I've eaten hundreds, perhaps thousands of ingredients that don't belong in a ragu

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Dec 9, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Goast posted:

you can make a basic tomato sauce with some ground beef chucked in all you want but thats still not bolognese lmao

isn't that just how you make bourguignon sauce

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
carrots and celery were made to be combined with onion and garlic then simmered in oil as a base for every meal

:colbert:

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Goast posted:

carrots and celery were made to be combined with onion and garlic then simmered in oil as a base for every meal

my mum always made bolognese with carrots and I've never seen it anywhere else but it honestly rules

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
that just confirms you all live in a weird parallel universe where bolognese is a synonym for any tomato based sauce on pasta

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Goast posted:

you're right, Google Image Search, who says I can't heave and toss my veggies when it's like this

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

I've eaten hundreds, perhaps thousands of ingredients that don't belong in a ragu

good point, chicken mcnuggets and easy mac aren't considered traditional ingredients in most sauces

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
you could pull both of those off if you tried tho

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Goast posted:

that just confirms you all live in a weird parallel universe where bolognese is a synonym for any tomato based sauce on pasta

hunt's ketchup with a little water to give it the right consistency

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
it works in sausage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwtduKn6LOQ

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let's just skip straight to dessert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsw6kUrbfDY

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
Avatar only looks like a good movie when you compare it to smut like the Avengers. It doesn't matter if it has anti-imperialist message because it's done in such a cartoonish way your average movie goer isn't going to connect the Na'vi to any real life victims of imperialism. The Na'vi were purposefully designed by Cameron to be appealing to the average westerner--thin, athletic, big eyed, and resemble an animal we love. We don't need to exercise our empathy because the Na'vi are designed to invoke empathy at a base level. Would Avatar have been a block buster if the Na'vi wore Hijabs and looked like Yemeni? Probably loving not.

And as others have said, it's an overindulgent fantasy that lets westerns easily discard their guilt and literally become a native. As if being 'native' is something in your genes instead of, you know, actual nations who determine themselves who is a citizen and who isn't. Jake Sully is probably the most embarrassing part of the film. Chapo states the obvious when they admit he is a blank vehicle of the audience. Yeah, no kidding. It's a kiddy ride for your average driveling doofus where they get to leave this boring world behind an go ride a dinosaur and get their freak on with an exotic foreigner who has a magical connect to nature. This is a very serious allegory that I'm sure has a positive impact of American culture.

I don't know about you guys, but after re-watching James Cameron's epic anti-imperialist masterpiece Avatar all I want to do is commit suicide so I can be reborn as a Yemeni war ophan. :(

TLDR; movies are mindless entertain for children and aren't fighting imperialism lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol does that guy have a soft serve machine in his house

it's probably crawling with mold and all sorts of poo poo. there's no way he's pulling it apart and sanitizing it every day

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

lol does that guy have a soft serve machine in his house

it's probably crawling with mold and all sorts of poo poo. there's no way he's pulling it apart and sanitizing it every day

reminds me of gas station soda fountain nozzles that you know haven't been cleaned in years

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you goon chefs had any courage you'd let yourselves be judged by the Big Gordo himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0kt_rCDoM

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Goast posted:

reminds me of gas station soda fountain nozzles that you know haven't been cleaned in years

most ice machines definitely aren't

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

chapo movie episodes suck

at least theyre better than the tabletop game eps.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

all food is disgusting and we should replace it all with FDA approved generic soylent slimfast

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

if you goon chefs had any courage you'd let yourselves be judged by the Big Gordo himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0kt_rCDoM

it'd be pretty funny to send him photos from his old pub food cookbook

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

THS posted:

has anyone watched the last samurai recently?? maybe its actually good

i did actually. its pretty bad imo.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am in cushvlog withdrawal.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i'm probably going to watch avatar just to see what all the fuss is about. looks pretty fun.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

at least theyre better than the tabletop game eps.

"Its time for some sports theory!" is good poo poo.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Algund Eenboom posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to a past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever no. But this picture made me stop and evalutate. Putting the Navi in made me look at what is actually happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make them feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank You.

Bwahahaha, took me a bit but there’s no way you can forget something like that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A lot of people going to bat for the house of mouse over the blue people movie

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i was thinking of doing a navi photoshop of the original image but got bored and smoked weed instead

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Goast posted:

says the motherfucker defending a pasta sauce recipe that uses straight sugar

they use straight sugar in the godfather and thus it's authentically italian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr Hootington posted:

A lot of people going to bat for the house of mouse over the blue people movie

Lol yeah. Keep telling me how it totally better than the avengers.