Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When’s impact on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When’s impact on

8/7c

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This... isn't terrible.

I think I see some upside to both parties in it. Also, cute to see them relying on past TNA highlights with alumni who've gone to AEW.

Kaz with long hair is weird to see.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1336480959412187136

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Oh no Tony what are you doing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

blunt posted:

Being awesome.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i like it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blunt posted:

fuckin owning

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The Twin Tonys

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TK showing up as an onscreen character but in someone else's promotion is an option I had not considered

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:getin:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

tonys gonna fight dixie

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"one night then i quit the business for 18 years" lmfao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should have got the nWo guy just to say the following is a paid announcement by part.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This ad just adds more intrigue to everything. If Impact does well, I don't know what to think about any of this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

This ad just adds more intrigue to everything. If Impact does well, I don't know what to think about any of this.

Impact is getting like 35k viewers on twitch. They usually get a few thousand I guess.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I expected to hate that video but thought it was actually surprisingly funny! Still don't have much desire to watch Impact but I don't hate the angle.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That was funny but I really don't want another promotion owner/booker being an on screen character

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want to hate the ad but they're threading the needle and making this work

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tony Khan is doing such a good job he needs to resist the temptation of being on screen and the inevitable darkness that eventually comes with that and just continue running a really good wrestling promotion

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

KENNY OMEGA going on tour and collecting TITLES

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I was not super impressed with the episode of Impact that preceded the Kenny segment.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Tony Khan is doing such a good job he needs to resist the temptation of being on screen and the inevitable darkness that eventually comes with that and just continue running a really good wrestling promotion

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1336506529013493760

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tony Khan only being an onscreen authority figure for AEW on non-AEW television would be a really funny twist on that

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Kenny and Callis were amazing. I'm so glad the belt is off Mox if this is what we're in store for

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eh. Good promo but I feel like it needed him to actually make a challenge or something to make it actually worthwhile.

Right now it’s just a promo he could have cut on Dynamite but sitting across from Josh Matthews instead of Alex Marvez.

I still feel vindicated in not giving a poo poo about the angle and if I didn’t have insomnia I would not have stayed up until 3am to watch that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tony only being onscreen via gorilla position cameos and shoddy looking commercials is the best way to use him.

Preferably with the other Tony as his sidekick.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

100% fantasy booking - I want Kenny to goad Mox into putting the IWGP US title on the line for a rematch.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Neodoomium posted:

Tony only being onscreen via gorilla position cameos and shoddy looking commercials is the best way to use him.

Preferably with the other Tony as his sidekick.

As much as people are wary of him being an on-screen figure, I think it will continue to be funny as long as he maintains this level of self awareness. I don't feel like there's any way he watched that after the fact and thought "hell yeah I'm a great actor, I can cut a hell of a promo. Need to do this every week." He watched it and thought "OH MAN THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN" and he's excited for something else now. He's a mark for the business and knows his own limits.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh. Good promo but I feel like it needed him to actually make a challenge or something to make it actually worthwhile.

Right now it’s just a promo he could have cut on Dynamite but sitting across from Josh Matthews instead of Alex Marvez.

I still feel vindicated in not giving a poo poo about the angle and if I didn’t have insomnia I would not have stayed up until 3am to watch that.

He went to Impact and the Impact champ showed up on screen before the match and then he cut a promo about wanting to win championship belts in other promotions, such as Impact. To me, that feels like it has different implications from a normal promo on Dynamite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think Kenny is going to arrive via helicopter tomorrow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neodoomium posted:

I was not super impressed with the episode of Impact that preceded the Kenny segment.

Same.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I said it in the Impact thread, but if Tony Khan's character is gonna be this kind of passive-aggessive catty bitch then I think he could be OK as an on-screen character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is what happens when you skip the best wrestling show out there (AEW Dark) for disgusting TNA.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I actually kind of enjoyed that episode of Impact and Kenny's QUEST FOR ALL THE BELTS is going to be fun.

Also please put Taya on Dynamite thanks in advance.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

He went to Impact and the Impact champ showed up on screen before the match and then he cut a promo about wanting to win championship belts in other promotions, such as Impact. To me, that feels like it has different implications from a normal promo on Dynamite

Kenny and Don Callis backstage at Dynamite:

“Impact Wrestling’s Don Callis is going to help me go to Impact Wrestling and win their belts too!”

Same poo poo. I guess maybe this one hit different if you gave a gently caress about Impact or their championships?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

The Collector Kenny Omega is gonna show up in NJPW on the second night of WK15 after Ibushi wins both matches and attack him for the belts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

This is what happens when you skip the best wrestling show out there (AEW Dark) for disgusting TNA.

The public face of the Something Awful AEW Thread advocating for people to not watch their world heavyweight wrestling champion a week after their historic title win is a look. Do better, MRT. Do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

History Comes Inside! posted:

Kenny and Don Callis backstage at Dynamite:

“Impact Wrestling’s Don Callis is going to help me go to Impact Wrestling and win their belts too!”

Same poo poo. I guess maybe this one hit different if you gave a gently caress about Impact or their championships?

It hit different because 1) He actually went and appeared on the show, so it lends more credibility to the angle legitimately building to a match in another promotion and 2) The bad guy world champion did an rear end in a top hat thing and ran off to another show to make his first appearance after winning the belt

I guess I can see someone having a different reaction if you thought AEW might reveal something genuinely earth-shaking on another program before their own for some reason, but going in expecting a good-if-inessential story beat, I thought it was a satisfying way to build the angle they started last week!