Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

An AoE proc of maybe cryo on a +phys damage claymore?

Am I dumb or does that seem incredibly strong for Razor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bussamove posted:

An AoE proc of maybe cryo on a +phys damage claymore?

Am I dumb or does that seem incredibly strong for Razor?

Yeah, it would be good on basically anyone with a claymore who's elec

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't think the damage will be Cryo. If not explicitly stated, damage is usually "white" or physical.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't think the damage will be Cryo. If not explicitly stated, damage is usually "white" or physical.

I could see that too, that would just be a phys dmg version of aminus at that point

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's "AOE atk dmg" in the leaks which would point towards a white damage proc like Skyward Spine (or heck, Aminus) yeah. the icicle just gets additional damage vs cryo-afflicted enemies.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So far no sword counterpart has been datamined, but if they do make one, it could be huge for Kaeya. I hope they do, he needs some love.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We get a free Refine 5 sword from 1.2's story, maybe that's why.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's definitely weird since you've got obvious candidates for the gs and spear (assuming Rosaria is a banner 4*), with no bow/sword and we're in between two cryo bow users. catalyst...i have no idea if Klee melt comp is a thing but i suppose with new cryos on the horizon it could be moreso?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Catalyst is really awkward though, because most users will remove the Cryo before the icicle hits. And we don't have a Cryo catalyst coming any time soon.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Pulled an Amos bow off the permanent banner. Not really sure what its applications are. ETA: I have stringless, rust, and favonius warbow and don't use any of my archers as DPS (just Diona, Fish, and Venti as supports).

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 9, 2020

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dogsicle posted:

it's "AOE atk dmg" in the leaks which would point towards a white damage proc like Skyward Spine (or heck, Aminus) yeah. the icicle just gets additional damage vs cryo-afflicted enemies.

ill be really surprised if they give us a free weapon that can proc cryo

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jinnigan posted:

every time i run venti in lvl 90 domains the team ends up wiping on the abyss mages. any advice on how i can play venti in domains with abyss mages so my allies don't all suddenly insta-pop?
That sounds more like a them problem than a you problem. Venti can't instagib Abyss Mages and your allies are probably so stupid and bad that they get owned without the crutch of his Burst. There are a few things you can do. As mentioned, you can Swirl the shields of different element type mages into one another to break them faster, but just Swirling their shields in general will do some damage to the shield and if you can get their attention and focus on evading while you tap E every 6s you can whittle them down. Regular attacking also slowly gets through. Really though it should be your allies' job to take down the shields and if the team doesn't have the counter elements to do it they're probably stupid and bad (see above).

Quetzadilla posted:

Pulled an Amos bow off the permanent banner. Not really sure what its applications are.
It's a well-rounded bow with no real weaknesses, it just isn't as good at specialized roles as bows like Skyward Harp or The Stringless are. You can put it on basically any character (especially Fischl) and it'll be pretty good simply because it's got all the benefits of 5* stats and skills, which tend to be ludicrously powerful. The more often you use Aimed Shots at a distance the more use you can get out of the skill, but regardless it's a bow with high attack and a big ATK% secondary so even if you never make use of the skill it's still very strong unless you already have Skyward/Stringless/Sacrificial already specced out, which is unlikely if you aren't a whale.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
amos bow is probably gonna be really fuckin good for ganyu

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I barely understand the time I read this thread. When I come back from Cyberpunk 2077, it's gonna be impossible, isn't it?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Everyone has a good grasp on the basics now, so we're discussing more involved stuff! But if something is confusing you can ask.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo I just noticed the thread tag. :five:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is picking up barbara from the store a bad idea if it's her c6?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

padijun posted:

If you still use her go for it, it's a great skill. Personally I feel like she's a liability at this point and probably wouldn't even use her if I had her with maxed out constellations and stats.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

padijun posted:

I wouldn't. You're going to pick up her C6 eventually just off random pulls, and when you do, it means you just wasted 31 starglitter. And while it's a drat saucy capstone ability, it doesn't actually make you more powerful, so it's in no way urgent.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

You're going to pick up her C6 eventually just off random pulls, and when you do, it means you just wasted 31 starglitter.

You could apply the same argument to literally every character in the starglitter shop.
The chances of randomly rolling a specific non-banner character on the event banner are already pretty low low, and as a non-whale you'll only be rolling 2-4 characters per month anyways.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 9, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You could apply the same argument to literally every character in the starglitter shop.

Any character you have a C5 of, sure.

Otherwise, no, not really? It's hard to C6 up a character off random pulls. His Barbara is only C5 because he got spotted C0 and C1 for free.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, it sounds strong, but if you're in a position where it works, you've got other problems. Also, at least for me, the few times it's activated, I'm always confused for about 3 seconds before I realize what just happened.

Save your starglitter for either a more impactful constellation or someone you don't have.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Does he need Barbs at C6? No. Nobody needs Barbara at C6. There's nothing you can do with a C6 Barbara that a C5 Barbara is insufficient for.

He wants Barbara at C6, because of the gacha itch. It's something you can finally complete, one little thing you can cross off the infinite list of incremental improvements. A moment of relief, like when you level up 8 level 5 artifacts just to complete the Adventurer's Handbook. And, just like when you level up 8 level 5 artifacts just to complete the Adventurer's Handbook, you will then wonder why the hell you just did that, because it was totally not worth it.

Sacrificing long-term value to momentarily satisfy the gacha itch is exactly what you're not supposed to do.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 9, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

an ability that saves me from being a dumbass is a good thing to have imo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That's a lot of assumptions from a simple question. They could be wondering if her C6 is a good ability worth spending a bunch of premium currency on compared to what else you could get in the shop. Considering last month was loving Bennett, no, this is not likely a great use of starglitter.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I wouldn't buy it, but at the same time I'm bad at the game and deeply appreciate it every time she saves my dumb, shocked Pikachu face'd rear end in the level 90 artifact dungeons.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They should make the 5* pity and 4* pity separate. It's really annoying when you are pulling for 4*s and get a 5* on the 9th pull.

That said, i'm up to 7 5*s as F2P now. I don't know what upper percentile that puts me in.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1336527638202966024

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

That's a lot of assumptions from a simple question. They could be wondering if her C6 is a good ability worth spending a bunch of premium currency on compared to what else you could get in the shop. Considering last month was loving Bennett, no, this is not likely a great use of starglitter.

I haven't used her outside the abyss since I got childe. I should have asked about bennett last month, lol

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Well, turns out I can do the fire artifact dungeon. I just needed to use MC/Chongyun/XQ/Barb.

I'm also realizing that MC just isn't that good as a DPS anymore and I need to retool her artifact set to something better, since Razor is probably going to take her place as my second-string DPS. I'm guessing the anemo damage artifact set is ideal for her as a support?

I also need to find a new user for this R4 Flute.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

inthesto posted:

Well, turns out I can do the fire artifact dungeon. I just needed to use MC/Chongyun/XQ/Barb.

I'm also realizing that MC just isn't that good as a DPS anymore and I need to retool her artifact set to something better, since Razor is probably going to take her place as my second-string DPS. I'm guessing the anemo damage artifact set is ideal for her as a support?

I also need to find a new user for this R4 Flute.

Geo MC actually does a lot of damage if you build for it (see e.g. that galaxy brain geo-MC video where the boulder crits for like 20k damage every 5 seconds), problem is of course that it's geo and doesn't make a whole lot of sense without a second geo character on the team. Anemo MC with VV is pretty solid though, especially once you get C6, although their burst is rather janky. Their numbers are pretty good so it makes sense to build some pure damage stats on them too.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 9, 2020

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Paimon trending on twitter this morning (and the fact GI won best game on iTunes store) kind of making me realize this game is not nearly as niche as I thought it was for a gacha. Even the GB crew has been playing it some without directly making GBS threads on it even though it's anime. They really struck gold here didn't they.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
God drat today's gliding challenge is a pain in the rear end.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

moush posted:

They really struck gold here didn't they

This game is everything I had wished Phantasy Star Online 2 was. AAA quality, gameplay and movement feels good and just a little bit grindy enough for me to feel like I have months worth of ~things to do~

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

Paimon trending on twitter this morning (and the fact GI won best game on iTunes store) kind of making me realize this game is not nearly as niche as I thought it was for a gacha. Even the GB crew has been playing it some without directly making GBS threads on it even though it's anime. They really struck gold here didn't they.

Breath of the Wild is a good game, and adding gacha to it for people with brainworms is a grand slam!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a really incredible game. The huge surprise for me is just how freaking fun and fresh the combat system is. I still think gacha should, like, be regulated in the US. But I'm really enjoying this.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Yeah it has a lot of staying power, although I can't help but feel that like 50% of it is really just sunk cost fallacy and FOMO: I feel like I have to log in an awful lot.

But when I do log in, I always have fun!

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I guess another way of putting it is that the game would be fun even if it wasn't designed to be addictive, and it would be addictive even if it wasn't fun. As is, it's both addictive and fun, which is nice! I think!

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I hit my 5* pity and got Qiqi instead of Zhongli, which I'm happy with since I was never going to use him anyway.

My only problem now is that I don't have enough swords to go around. My only non craftable 4* is the BP sword I have on Keqing but I also have Jean, Bennett, Xingqiu and now Qiqi wanting swords. And 3 of those want to use the 3* skyrider sword over any other 3*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Well... next patch we'll be getting a 4* energy recharge sword for free which should work nicely on her. Although truthfully that sword belongs on Bennett and Qiqi will have to make do with skyrider.