Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TheRat posted:

Did you get the credits screen or whatever? From the reviews Ive seen they've said the prologue took them from like 6-7 hours for the fastest and 16 hours for the slowest

I don't think so, but 'Act 1' popped up on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can you character create a grizzled old man?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Can you character create a grizzled old man?

I don't remember an age slider, but visually, sure.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
This game is a janky piece of poo poo

This game is the best

There, thread complete

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
so how the thing is going to work on steam
we already downloaded 53 gigas. thats the game?
where are the patches?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I told you my preexisting belief about the game would be validated thru confirmation bias

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nondescript Van posted:

This game is the best

There, thread complete

A True Successor to Fallout New Vegas

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zeta Acosta posted:

so how the thing is going to work on steam
we already downloaded 53 gigas. thats the game?
where are the patches?

Steam patches will be out an hour or so before release I think I read?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

queef anxiety posted:

Watching Sasha Grey play cyberpunk 2077 in tyool 2020 what a wild ride this year has been.

I went to check out her stream. She seems to be a lot less annoying than most streamers. I almost accidentally remained watching for a longer time, but I want to go into the game fresh. She seems pretty cool.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shirkelton posted:

There is some clunky writing in this straight up in your face right at the start.

what platform you on?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nondescript Van posted:

This game is the best

There, thread complete

The worst things I've heard about it so far is that it's clearly a game made to launch a GTA online style game, and other than the main storyline that's 20h, the rest is pretty pointless and empty and copy/pasted stuff.

Also that there's never a point where you hack into cyberspace, so it's not even actually a cyberpunk game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

other than the main storyline that's 20h, the rest is pretty pointless and empty and copy/pasted stuff.

seen reviews say otherwise

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It isn't necessarily a flaw, in fact you can notice the effort they have done into getting into that B-series, pulpy style. It's consistent on it so I don't think it's accidental.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LifeSunDeath posted:

The worst things I've heard about it so far is that it's clearly a game made to launch a GTA online style game, and other than the main storyline that's 20h, the rest is pretty pointless and empty and copy/pasted stuff.

Yeah this is the opposite of most reviews actually.

Like it's been confirmed that a bunch of the "side quests" actually determine what endings are available, to the point where a majority of ending choices depend on actually doing side quests to unlock them.

They made it so you CAN beeline the ending relatively fast, but you'll miss tons of actually relevant content if you do.

Even a lot of the relatively critical reviews say the story and side quests are good outside obvious things like "car racing is kind of a filler activity, obviously."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

what platform you on?

PS5.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man the leaks are coming thick and fast now. Can't believe that [spoilers]Julia Stiles[/spoilers] is in this game:

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/1336352486723121152

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Locked 60?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm only a few hours in and I already want V to throw their phone out the window.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Steam patches will be out an hour or so before release I think I read?

abd the day one patch is 43 gigas?! wtf

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Rinkles posted:

seen reviews say otherwise

I hope so, I'm still going to play it lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Locked 60?

Aside from the actual bugs and glitches and stuff, I've noticed no slowdown and no screen tearing. Snappy loads too.

EDIT: Right after I posted this I got some slowdown and a light screen-tear while running around the city.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Shirkelton posted:

I'm only a few hours in and I already want V to throw their phone out the window.

damnit how do you get it early lol?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shirkelton posted:

Is the game living up to expectations?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

damnit how do you get it early lol?

I live in God's Country and do not have work tomorrow.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Is the game living up to expectations?

I did not have particularly high expectations, but it's okay, aside from all the bugs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shirkelton posted:

I did not have particularly high expectations, but it's okay, aside from all the bugs.
So we were hyping this game up for the longest time for naught?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grouchio posted:

So we were hyping this game up for the longest time for naught?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwLCjZVEtpE

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So in terms of immersive pseudo life simulator how is it? I like interacting with a world, going to a bar, hopping in bed, grabbing food, etc.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

sean10mm posted:

Yeah this is the opposite of most reviews actually.

Like it's been confirmed that a bunch of the "side quests" actually determine what endings are available, to the point where a majority of ending choices depend on actually doing side quests to unlock them.

They made it so you CAN beeline the ending relatively fast, but you'll miss tons of actually relevant content if you do.

Please let me justify obsessing over a racing minigame I'm terrible at, please let me justify obsessing over a racing minigame I'm-

sean10mm posted:

Even a lot of the relatively critical reviews say the story and side quests are good outside obvious things like "car racing is kind of a filler activity, obviously."

gently caress

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

So in terms of immersive pseudo life simulator how is it? I like interacting with a world, going to a bar, hopping in bed, grabbing food, etc.

Maybe that stuff becomes more pronounced later, but I haven't noticed it much at all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shirkelton posted:

Maybe that stuff becomes more pronounced later, but I haven't noticed it much at all.
......Did we get royally hosed over?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Timeless Appeal posted:

by the accounts I've read the world itself is largely non-interactable, all those things exist but it's not for V to gently caress with. It's not Yakuza, but a typical open world-style game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Oh man the leaks are coming thick and fast now. Can't believe that [spoilers]Julia Stiles[/spoilers] is in this game:

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/1336352486723121152
Lol Netrunner, they killed it in 2018. RIP.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Grouchio posted:

......Did we get royally hosed over?

Yes absolutely

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, no cyberspace is really disappointing to hear... I thought we'd be fighting the Voodoo Boys in a few high level hacking areas or something kinda like the Dystopia mod for HL2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3tqg0No7w&t=86s

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Croccers posted:

Lol Netrunner, they killed it in 2018. RIP.

hopefully someone reworks it again. game was the poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got to play for about an hour in a half. It was amazing. I have to start work now, but this game is everything I was hoping for. The day 1 patch worked miracles. No issues so far.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Man, no cyberspace is really disappointing to hear... I thought we'd be fighting the Voodoo Boys in a few high level hacking areas or something kinda like the Dystopia mod for HL2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3tqg0No7w&t=86s

....Ewww....

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

RIP Netrunner, ye died too soon. Murdered by a lovely company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Timeless Appeal posted:

They never promised those things