Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think every example here looks goofy as poo poo so maybe the issue is with me.

No, I think all the "Human runs fast enough to catch up with a car" scenes in the MCU look just as dorky as that WW84 scene too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Can they get Nicholas Hammond (Spider-Man '77) in there too? Is Shinji Tōdō still active so we can get Leopardon? If they end up in the musical universe can everyone sing their lines?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Okay if that's true guess I was wrong but lol anyways

Who's gonna play Miles

Scarlet is probably free.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

rantmo posted:

I don't care what the broader implications are, I'm always on board for Alfred Molina.

If the broader implications are less screen time for Tom Holland and less focus on Iron Man's stupid, stupid 'legacy' it can only be good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I, for one, welcome our three beautiful Spider-Men. Get me MORE pictures of MORE Spider-Men!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tobey Maguire is an abusive misogynist btw.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DaniNavarrx/status/1336473909651271680

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh my god.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lurdiak posted:

If the broader implications are less screen time for Tom Holland and less focus on Iron Man's stupid, stupid 'legacy' it can only be good.

Tom Holland is excellent and perfect as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I am ambivalent towards the ongoing legacy of Iron Man in the context of the Spider-Man films.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is this a reference to something

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seriously bro?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fraction's run featured the tracksuit mafia which always used bro for everything. They were Clint's landlord until he bought the building, which pissed them off and started a back and forth between them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

:getout:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, now we're hearing Charlie Cox is going to be in Spider-Man as Daredevil, I'm drawing the line here and saying at least some of this has to be bullshit

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Arist posted:

Okay, now we're hearing Charlie Cox is going to be in Spider-Man as Daredevil, I'm drawing the line here and saying at least some of this has to be bullshit

I dunno, I’d think that with his secret identity revealed, Pete could probably use a lawyer right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arist posted:

At this point you can reliably make a rumor about every past Marvel property actor/actress being in SM3 and it cannot be immediately dismissed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That one actually comes from a usually reliable source though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I can confidently dismiss David Hasselhoff as alternate Nick Fury. This way, even if I am wrong, I win!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hope the Charlie Cox rumor is correct because Netflix Daredevil is the best version we’ve had so far

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ned lost a ton of weight so he's probably gonna be Hobgoblin now

https://people.com/health/spider-man-jacob-batalon-weight-loss/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

drat

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Arist posted:

This is getting ridiculous and this movie is sounding way crowded now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Eh. Infinity War and Endgame managed to cram more characters than that into their runtimes and not feel too crowded. It’s all down to how prominently they’re featured, what role they play, what’s the overarching plot, etc.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Phylodox posted:

Eh. Infinity War and Endgame managed to cram more characters than that into their runtimes and not feel too crowded. It’s all down to how prominently they’re featured, what role they play, what’s the overarching plot, etc.

Yeah doomsayers are too quick to bring up Spider-Man 3(the first one!) but "too many characters" wasn't what was wrong with that movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why not bring in the punisher and the hand and the rest of the defenders too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because those rights haven't reverted obviously

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay fine but what about Vincent onofrino kingpin

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Spider-Man casting is heating up.

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1336715225131671555?s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not interested in ever seeing Maguire near Spider-Man again, but I'll admit to being curious if the Daredevil rumors are true. I enjoyed Charlie Cox as Murdock.

I liked Luke Cage, too, but that feels like a big ask.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would much rather see zdarsky dd than cox dd if I'm being honest. I always thought cox was generally the person with the least amount of personality on his own show

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Tobey Maguire is an abusive misogynist btw.

Yeah it sucks that he sucks. He sure was in some good Spider-man movies though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no plural there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it sucks that he sucks. He sure was in some good Spider-man movies though.

I like, 4 or 5 scenes maybe.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

None of Tobey's Spidey movies are good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The best tobey spidey moments are from that one lovely YouTube channel that just adds him to other marvel movies.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

hosed up that MCU peter parker stole miles' personality and his best friend and now he's taking his movie too

For real, we just did this. If I were feeling all tinfoil hat-y I'd say they're doing it specifically to step on Sony's toes (but I know that's probably almost definitely not true).

In my dream though the other Spider-Men go "who is Tony Stark and why won't you shut up about him, kid?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Marvel can't do any of this without Sony signing off on it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
While I can understand the annoyance people have with Iron Man being a mentor for Spidey, the whole point of the Holland movies is that he's part of the bigger Marvel Universe, and Cap spends the entire time Peter is Avengers-affiliated as a fugitive.

Also, if all these rumors pan out to be true, I'll genuinely be surprised if Spider-Verse Miles and Gwen don't show up in some form or another, even if it's just a mid-credits cameo to hype Spider-Verse 2

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OnimaruXLR posted:

even if it's just a mid-credits cameo to hype Spider-Verse 2

Okay but only if 2099 Oscar Isaac appears in the post credits to point fingers at Tom Holland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Shaquille O'Neal was just confirmed to reprise his role as Steel in Spider-Man 3.