Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

absolutely fantastic Tesla is doing another cap raise on the back of new highs of the stock price...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

did anyone post that starlink is getting 900 mil from the government? rip ground-based astronomy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How much extra kilograms of blinky flying trash is that worth ?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

unpacked robinhood posted:

It's baffling that any mildly serious institution would want to deal with tesla's atrocious qa, customer service and commercial practices.

have you worked at a company ever? like 60% of the time purchasing decisions are based on whatever the CEO sees on the cover of the business magazines he glances at while waiting for his tee time.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

have you worked at a company ever? like 60% of the time purchasing decisions are based on whatever the CEO sees on the cover of the business magazines he glances at while waiting for his tee time.
the other 40% are made during the subsequent round of golf

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

qirex posted:

loving Accenture :argh:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i worked for a company that the owner was trying to sell. he wanted to replace every pc in the office with imacs so that it would look cool when potential buyers came in the building

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

qirex posted:

please.

30% golf, 10% after golf drinks.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

please.

30% golf, 10% after golf drinks.

after golf drinks are part of a round. also before and during

can you imagine doing that poo poo sober?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

musk singlehandedly saving the world again

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/lizards-and-snakes-bring-halt-to-work-on-tesla-plant-near-berlin posted:

Tesla has been forced to suspend forest clearing for a new German plant after environmentalists won an injunction over threats to the habitats of resident lizards and snakes.

The American electric carmaker ran into opposition from two nature conservation groups, which launched urgent court action against the felling of 83 hectares (205 acres) of pine trees for its huge “gigafactory” plant at Grünheide, south of Berlin.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

i worked for a company that the owner was trying to sell. he wanted to replace every pc in the office with imacs so that it would look cool when potential buyers came in the building
This is cynical enough on the part of the owner that it's funny though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

did anyone post that starlink is getting 900 mil from the government? rip ground-based astronomy

i’m hoping it’s for asat targets. :getin:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Roosevelt posted:

Honestly it's not a bad move if you can just get defunct models in bulk

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Blotto_Otter posted:

Describing Lin Wood as "the worst loving attorney" and "a dumb dumb gently caress" is technically correct, but really leaves out a lot of context - one might think that he is merely profoundly incompetent, rather than an incompetent and a malignant conspiracy-theorizing maniac with an incredible knack for own-goals. The guy is now a Trump campaign lawyer who just urged Georgians not to bother voting in the GA senate runoff election because Trump (and the Republican senate candidates) already won the election, duh.

wait that's the same guy? rofl

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

raminasi posted:

wait that's the same guy? rofl

I feel like there should be a free* re-trial.

* paid for by Lin Wood

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Not a Children posted:

Honestly it's not a bad move if you can just get defunct models in bulk

the problem was that the company was still doing business, and with the ancient software and infrastructure, it was impossible for IT to do it

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/charlesforelle/status/1336393978011389959

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1336379442478919681

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
excellent.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i assume his "move" to texas will involve him spending the exact same amount of time dwelling in his properties in california as he always has and is just a fiction to reduce his income taxes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

once again germany does what american’t.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
is there like a collected reference of all the reasons musky is an rear end in a top hat/grifter/fraud that you can point someone with the normie tony stark impression to to educate them without looking like a total weirdo?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

is there like a collected reference of all the reasons musky is an rear end in a top hat/grifter/fraud that you can point someone with the normie tony stark impression to to educate them without looking like a total weirdo?

https://elonmusk.today/

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

FMguru posted:

i assume his "move" to texas will involve him spending the exact same amount of time dwelling in his properties in california as he always has and is just a fiction to reduce his income taxes

California's Franchise Tax Board makes the IRS look like the Girl Scouts, they are VERY aggressive. Musk would be insane to not sell some billions of his stock and have actual money in the bank vs loans that can face margin calls, so I would expect him to sell the stock while he's a "resident" of Texas, but theoretically he would have to be pretty careful. At least the average person would, it seems the rules don't always apply to Musk in CA.

Obviously he can hire the best tax attorneys in town and figure this all out, but whether he follows their advice is another story.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

gschmidl posted:

loving Accenture :argh:

evergreen post

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

even knowing these things makes you a total weirdo.

well, i mean, it's at least one of the things making you a total weirdo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

oh god damnit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:kiss:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
third arm: what you’ll see when starlink is complete

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
*whistles* hot drat lmao

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

:drat:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

those are good memes lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Also the flag of Chile.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drat lol