Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Vaiety reporting Walter George Alton to play a cynical, aged Pumaman in Spider-Man 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hearing Robert Townsend is returning as Meteorman

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Bring back Billy Zane as the Phantom, you cowards!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone's joking but this is exactly how CW Crisis news sounded for months. poo poo was insane.

"Oh come on. They're not crossing over Lucifer and the Adam West Batman."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

not sure how or why Jared Leto's Joker will fit into Spidey's world

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

not sure how or why Jared Leto's Joker will fit into Spidey's world

Morbius is just the Joker in disguise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Morbius is just the Joker in disguise.

Remember how that was supposed to be a movie that was coming out? I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

Bring back Billy Zane as the Phantom, you cowards!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Put in the Mystery Men. Do it you cowards.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Uh uh orgazmo has signed on

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Remember how that was supposed to be a movie that was coming out? I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

There was a new trailer this week.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Jamesman posted:

Shaquille O'Neal was just confirmed to reprise his role as Kazaam in Spider-Man 3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I heard it was Sinbad

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Mysterio should have claimed he was from the Mandela Effect universe, where Billy Zane was the Mummy and it's totally Bernstein Bears

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/horsedivorce/status/1336503838040264704

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol and lol that the answer is yes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

There's no plural there.

Rhyno posted:

I like, 4 or 5 scenes maybe.

Vince MechMahon posted:

None of Tobey's Spidey movies are good.

If I had takes this bad I would not say them in public.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

those movies really don't hold up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
2 is the only "good" one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SlimGoodbody posted:

those movies really don't hold up

I feel like a lot of this sentiment is driven by ill-will towards Tobey McGuire, but I haven't seen those movies in a long time. I'll be sure to watch them again some time soon.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I feel like a lot of this sentiment is driven by ill-will towards Tobey McGuire, but I haven't seen those movies in a long time. I'll be sure to watch them again some time soon.

I watched them again maybe ten years ago and found them pretty cringey. They of course had their moments, but much like the X-Men movies, they aged poorly (to me, anyway).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

And yet

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
For when it came out 1 was really really impressive. Yes the Goblin design sucked and the acting was....a choice, but Spidey swinging through New York was really well done and it felt really true to the comic. It doesn't hold up to rewatching but for the time that it came out it was really good. Spiderman 2 was better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

For when it came out 1 was really really impressive. Yes the Goblin design sucked and the acting was....a choice, but Spidey swinging through New York was really well done and it felt really true to the comic. It doesn't hold up to rewatching but for the time that it came out it was really good. Spiderman 2 was better.

Although now that I know that one time he's swinging with Mary Jane and it's clearly a mannequin in a Spidey costume I can't unsee it.

And Mary Jane is just absolutely the worst in those movies.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It's actually Spider-Man 8: The Amazing Spider-Man 5: Spider-Man 3: Spider-Man v Batman: Dawn of Justice, keep up you idiot

Lurdiak posted:

we must still be in that Mandela Effect universe because only one of those Raimi films has a corner poking out of the trash can

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Still love this video for highlighting the amazing extras in the first one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4THpqdEgbqo

I hope whenever Maguire shows up it's like that bit in the Ninja Turtles Multiverse movie and he's all "oh, that's Mary Jane, she gets kidnapped twice a week"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do kind of miss the old days where everything wasn't online all the time. Like imagine if this movie came out and all the old Spider-Men showed up and we had no idea

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Sony just announced Macy Gray is coming back for Spider-Man 3.

Also here's the first teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSRMWw8Y_0

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jamesman posted:

Sony just announced Macy Gray is coming back for Spider-Man 3.

Also here's the first teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSRMWw8Y_0

How could you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat that song ruled

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat that song ruled

:yeah:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maggie Mae Fish released a third part in her Snyder videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RflVJW_MRbs

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
while I'm sure there will be other Marvel Studios news to come from Disney's investor day tomorrow and this article doesn't offer any details in that regard, the NYT is reporting what I had expected regarding Black Widow: that there will be no Disney+ announcement, and that for now, Disney is keeping it on its current May 7 release date as a theatrical exclusive.

emphasis on "for now"; I feel comfortable in predicting that this is a fantasy and that COVID vaccination rates and general audience behavior in the US won't be anywhere near where they'd need to be for that to be viable in only five months from now, but I guess they can put off making that decision until March or so. Sigh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

I do kind of miss the old days where everything wasn't online all the time. Like imagine if this movie came out and all the old Spider-Men showed up and we had no idea

Eh, it would probably have just ended up being announced on an episode of Entertainment Tonight.

Remember Entertainment Tonight? Mary Hart and John Tesh? Leonard Maltin?

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Pretty sure they'll all be in the trailer. Daredevil maybe could have been a surprise, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd like to think Toby-man is gonna have some dumb 90s Avengers thing so, like, Brad Pitt Thor and Tom Cruise Iron Man.

Garfield will be like "hey can I add you to my Instafeed? NBD right bro?"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FilthyImp posted:

I'd like to think Toby-man is gonna have some dumb 90s Avengers thing so, like, Brad Pitt Thor and Tom Cruise Iron Man.

Garfield will be like "hey can I add you to my Instafeed? NBD right bro?"

“You spider-bros ever done that tough mudder? It’s totes amazing!”

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phylodox posted:

Eh, it would probably have just ended up being announced on an episode of Entertainment Tonight.

Remember Entertainment Tonight? Mary Hart and John Tesh? Leonard Maltin?

Fun fact, John Tesh has been shilling for Parler lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not only is Spider-man 2 the best Spider-man movie ever made and it's not even a question, it's probably the best superhero movie ever made, with its only real competition being Mask of the Phantasm. Spider-man 1 isn't as good and 3 has serious problems but I'd still take them over most MCU films in a heartbeat. Trying to retroactively pretend they're bad movies because you're mad at Tobey Maguire or incapable of understanding the deliberately campy tone or something is just childish and silly. You might as well be linking me videos explaining why Robocop isn't a great film or why Terminator 2 is totally overrated.

It's especially funny that people try to argue War Crimes Drone Strike Spider-man is the better interpretation of the character, considering how hollow and ideologically hosed up those films are, and how they both manage to be more about Iron Man than about Peter Parker. There is not a single scene in any MCU Spider-man or indeed any MCU film that manages to have as much genuine emotion as this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjokjB5VGjg

And this is a totally minor character scene, not even a big emotional climax or turning point in the film. You don't have to like these movies, but trying to pretend they're badly made or poorly acted just makes you sound like an rear end in a top hat lol.

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/nickusen/status/1336382867442634754