Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/thefader/status/1293650836598423553?s=20

You and me both, Jason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cats changed a lot of things.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Change is not always positive.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pawsitive.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Well you can't say the world's the same since it previewed, so... congrats?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Taylor Swift straight up changed entire music genres because of this so it had some benefits.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This movie still puts a smile on my face to think about, it's just so perfectly wrong. You couldn't make something like this on purpose, even in a golden age Simpsons parody. So much effort and resources, all wildly misplaced and misused, an all-star cast that's almost entirely wildly miscast. And I still remember just feeling my brain break on the last line. It truly is magical.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I will always remember where I was the day I learned a cat is not a dog.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This is more specifically about Les Mis than Cats, but it's a look at how absolutely insane it is to record singing live instead of overdubbing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikqU6G6Xgs

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/VforVictoryish/status/1301689134029910017

Release the BUTTHOLE CUT

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

it did jason. it did. the world has never been the same.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

We demand the butthole cut

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Pick posted:

it did jason. it did. the world has never been the same.

The Cats movie being made is what introduced me to my good personal friend Skimbleshanks (the railway cat) and for that I will be forever grateful.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ror posted:

The Cats movie being made is what introduced me to my good personal friend Skimbleshanks (the railway cat) and for that I will be forever grateful.

The cat of the railway train?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Is there any other?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Webber didn’t soften the blow for Hooper in a recent interview with The Sunday Times, where he said “the whole thing was ridiculous”. This coming from the man who wrote the original musical.

“The problem with the film was that Tom Hooper decided, as he had with Les Mis, that he didn’t want anybody involved in it who was involved in the original show,” Webber said.

While Hooper hasn’t directly addressed any claims, he gave an insight into his mindset in a December interview prior to the film’s official opening day that he was “tired” and had been working “seven days a week since August”.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hooper seems like a terrible person, but I think working on Cats seven days a week for months on end was its own punishment it all works out.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Andrew Lloyd Webber thinks project would have been more successful if it had more Andrew Lloyd Webber is about the least surprising headline imaginable.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There are some works, like the Liberty Bell, which you gotta appreciate not just in spite but because of their flaws.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jacob Brent, who played Mistoffelees in the 1998 film, has released some cut footage on Instagram. It's not particularly long, but it's the Conjuring Turns and apparently fans have been begging him to release it for years.

...Is this necroposting? I don't care, this is the only place I post where anyone cares about CATS.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I would just like to remind everyone that this film exists and premiered a week from today, last year.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MoaM posted:

I would just like to remind everyone that this film exists and premiered a week from today, last year.

The last three films I saw in a theater were Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Cats, and Cats again. I should have taken the money spent on Star Wars and used it to see more Cats.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Best Christmas gift voucher I ever spent. (also in hindsight, turned out to be a good idea to blow it asap)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

overmind2000 posted:

The last three films I saw in a theater were Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Cats, and Cats again. I should have taken the money spent on Star Wars and used it to see more Cats.

:cawg:

Yo, I hope Cats is the new version of The Room.

Double-Header.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cats owns

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Cats is still the last film I saw in a cinema.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Cats is not the last film I saw in a theater but I did see it three times in theaters and would gladly go again as soon as we can resume midnight shows.

My last screening was in February, over 400 people at a midnight all screaming and reacting. Literally watching the new Rocky Horror/The Room being born. I hope COVID hasn't nipped it in the bud and we can resume once things start reopening again whenever that may be.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't the last movie I saw in a theater, but it was the first I saw in 2020.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

josh04 posted:

Cats is still the last film I saw in a cinema.

:same:

And you know what? It is right and fitting. I liked it enough at the time, but then I saw Maggie Mae Fish's video about it and how it gives ethno-nationalsism the shellacking it deserves (albeit unintentionally), and I think I love it now.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I... it what?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I fully encourage people to take whatever reading of a film they enjoy the most, but it’s probably worth mentioning that the play had several songs rewritten or outright removed for racism.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

It's about cats.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Cats showings need to come with a dedicated bar.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sugar Plum Fairies should be replaced with Weird Mice Children with Haunted Eyes in all applicable holiday media

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Skimbleshanks has been stuck in my head for over 24 hours.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Railway Cat?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Skim
ble
shanks

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

pokeyman posted:

Skim
ble
shanks

the railway cat!?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cat of the goddamn railway train

also cats was the last movie i saw in a theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

theflyingexecutive posted:

cat of the goddamn railway train

also cats was the last movie i saw in a theater

:same:

I have no regrets, I saw it on christmas eve, and I'll do it again this year.