Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
1070 on medium has been great. Game seems like a buggy mess but also it loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
people always think I'm mad when I say mute protagonists are best but I submit male V's voice direction as my evidence. Case closed.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/FiskyBizniz/status/1336696420699660288?s=19

goty

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If you get crashes with rtx on and you are running an overclock you should try reigning it in. Control is the only other heavy rtx game I played and it was way more sensitive to overclocking than any other torture test or game I tried. It wasn't a heat issue since mine stayed cool it'd just crash. Especially memory overclock

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Game ooooooooowns

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Trip report: played maybe 1.5 hours before I had to go to bed. RTX 2080 super + ryzen 3600x, 1440p, details mostly at high/ultra. RT ultra, dlss at performance. Perfectly playable at maybe 55 fps. Didnt see any glitches or bugs yet. Game owns.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

sub 50 fps with latest drivers on
2700x @ 3070 @ 1440p @ max everything

Guess I'll have to turn off raytracing

DLSS makes the game look unacceptably blurry.

this is where I'm at with a 3700x. I left DLSS on Quality and turned off Raytracing and I'm barely hanging on to 60-70fps.

Was looking forward to just maxing poo poo out at 1440p on this card and not worrying about it, never spent more than $250 on a card before. Bummed I can't for the amount I spent. Hopefully 3080 folks have more luck.

TheRat posted:

Trip report: played maybe 1.5 hours before I had to go to bed. RTX 2080 super + ryzen 3600x, 1440p, details mostly at high/ultra. RT ultra, dlss at performance. Perfectly playable at maybe 55 fps. Didnt see any glitches or bugs yet. Game owns.

care to share what you turned down from Ultra preset, if anything? curious if maybe there's some secret "unlock 5fps" setting in there besides RTX/DLSS stuff

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

is there a trick to enabling ultawide fullscreen or will it kick in once in game?

The opening ui isn't uw but everything else has been

Actually my bad the menus stay boxed but the game is uw

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

3080 gang. RTX Psycho. What a loving looker of a game and also its insanely fun. The hacking UI stuff is wild.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
So if you pick up a body then hit left click you'll throw it into the ceiling

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
For those of you who have it installed with Steam - What's the total size of the install file on Steam? I need to see if I have enough space on my SSD or if I need to try to squeeze out more room.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So you can walk around naked if you want...discovered while fiddling with the inventory.

This is truly what the next evolution of Deus Ex could have been....good one Eidos.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Reclaimer posted:

game runs silky on a 5700 xt

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

I am so lost at this stealth tutorial. The point it wants me to get to is exactly in the eyesight of the enemy.

I think it's intentional, you can't (at base level) avoid it, just move quickly before it fills up.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

this is where I'm at with a 3700x. I left DLSS on Quality and turned off Raytracing and I'm barely hanging on to 60-70fps.

Was looking forward to just maxing poo poo out at 1440p on this card and not worrying about it, never spent more than $250 on a card before. Bummed I can't for the amount I spent. Hopefully 3080 folks have more luck.

care to share what you turned down from Ultra preset, if anything? curious if maybe there's some secret "unlock 5fps" setting in there besides RTX/DLSS stuff

I think I just took the high preset, turned off chromatic aberration + motion blur, turned on all RT and set it to ultra, turned on dlss and et it to performance. Might have also set the screenspace reflection thing to psycho

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anybody playing this on a 580? I'm probably gonna wait a few months for the bugs to get patched out before picking this up, but some of the benchmark stuff has me worried about even running it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

For those of you who have it installed with Steam - What's the total size of the install file on Steam? I need to see if I have enough space on my SSD or if I need to try to squeeze out more room.

60.2gb

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Talked to a random NPC in my apartment complex. After being all "Do we know each other?" they suddenly vanished out of existence.

Also got the bug where your clothes disappear and your penis vanishes when looking in mirrors.

Unironically GOTY 2020. How I've missed you eurojank.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

20 min in and already I've seen 7 spelling and grammar errors lol

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I called the Watson fixer for some info and at first she sounded normal like she was on the other end of the call but then it sounded like she was right behind me BECAUSE SHE WAS, lmao. Then when the call ended, I turned back around, then turned toward where she was and she was GONE

GOTY 2020

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

If it's any consolation it just wasn't going to happen. Ever since Witcher 2 CD Project always has some option somewhere that's either experimental or cutting edge stuff that just murders the framerate. Their Ultra settings are more of a "going forward" thing.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

w00tmonger posted:

whats the best way to show fps?

On what platform? Steam has a built-in setting that lets you do it.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1336851240899276801

*Bangs children's toy gavel*

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

TheRat posted:

I think I just took the high preset, turned off chromatic aberration + motion blur, turned on all RT and set it to ultra, turned on dlss and et it to performance. Might have also set the screenspace reflection thing to psycho

seconded, still running a 480 but with a decent CPU so hopefully it's ok at 1080p since

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

Same, I paid $150 for a 750ti back in the day, won a 1060 6GB in a raffle, paid $500+tax for this gpu and the game I was excited to get is barely holding on at the settings I want it at, hopefully some patches come in the future

I guess I could buy a new mobo + 5600x, but then I have the issue of going from 16 cores to 12 unless I spend $450 for the 5800x to ensure 16 cores.

sucks man, 3070 I assumed was going to be a beast for 1440p gaming

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Holy poo poo the atmosphere is incredible. I'm going to spend hours just walking around these environments and admiring everything.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
got my gun frozen by walking into a mission trigger holding it
ahahh if you keep trying to pick up the gun it puts her on top of it in your arms for a second

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Jackie is a nice friend , I'm glad nothing bad will happen with him or to him =)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Holy poo poo the atmosphere is incredible. I'm going to spend hours just walking around these environments and admiring everything.

It's absolutely incredible

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

So if you pick up a body then hit left click you'll throw it into the ceiling

seriously turn off film grain it's so bad

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
45 minutes in and I'm about to complete my second main objective! it's so much fun walking around taking in all the ambient dialogue, and the infodump on the pc in the corpo start was appreciated.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Didn't take long to make myself look like an absolute loving idiot. If you see me in Night City kick my rear end.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
plz goons... enable fps display... how?

for the poor goons, plz!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Didn't take long to make myself look like an absolute loving idiot. If you see me in Night City kick my rear end.

Looks like soy felix

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

First impressions: I died the moment I left the bar in the streetkid intro because there was some kind of weird physics explosion and something hit me.

Now the game isn't recognizing any mouse buttons other than left and right click. I can't tag anyone or set other binds on my mouse lmao.

The game runs at 60 fps at 1080p on a 5700XT, which is nice at least.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lmao the ppl in the conference room in front of your 'acquaintance' in the corpo intro close the blinds on you if you look at them for too long

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Kazzah posted:

On what platform? Steam has a built-in setting that lets you do it.

Im on gog so not sure on the fps trick here

also does lens flare suck in this? seems like it at the moment

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress SNEEP posted:

ahaahahah

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Game good.

Got everything p much on Max, getting 60-80 FPS most of the time, never dips below 50.

Seen a couple minor bugs but nothing hilarious or awful yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Boo you can't change the select bind from f. I wanted to switch to an extra mouse button. Probably something that can be modded