Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
Awesome flick, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Sorry. I overslept.

Goons Are Gifts

I fell asleep on the middle of the movie :smith:

It was great fun though and I dreamed of the super catch ray setup

BoldFrankensteinMir

Falling asleep during kaiju movies is perfectly acceptable and even sweet. I have fond memories of catching a significant other up to speed after she had drifted out of half of one with "Godzilla and King Ghidora are still fighting. That's... basically it" and she nodded and went right back to sleep. Good times.

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
BMF you teach this stuff, right? My little sis is p into films and cinematography and I long for the day we can stream this stuff together.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Bright Bart posted:

BMF you teach this stuff, right? My little sis is p into films and cinematography and I long for the day we can stream this stuff together.

That's cool! As for teaching, sort of? I had to be a T.A. and do lectures to qualify for my degree and I've been a substitute, but never like an official professor. Some day!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wednesday December 2 at 4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight GMT, join us at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for the start of our month-long Christmas movie death-march marathon. And what better holiday classic to start with than, of course, Jimmy Durante and a stop-motion squirrel, in The Great Rupert!

This movie has a weird convoluted production history that gives it not one, not two, but THREE alternate titles! It has been released as "The Great Amandola" "Money Money Money", and "The Christmas Wish" as well, which are progressively vaguer and worse names for what is a bizarre little holiday story about community access to wealth, the morality of investment, and oh yeah squirrels. It's also made by George Pal of Puppetoon fame, so we'll probably a watch a couple of his historically significant short films too. See you there friends! And an obnoxiously early Happy Holidays to you all!

Sig by Heather Papps

Escape From Noise

Maximum Overdrive is on Youtube. Not very Christmasy but...

BoldFrankensteinMir

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Maximum Overdrive is on Youtube. Not very Christmasy but...

Ooh, Steven King's self-described "moron movie", the one that made him never want to direct ever again. I will look into it, thanks!

Edit- to be clear, it would make a great movie night, I just find it hilarious how much King hates it. Especially since it's not even the worst adaptation of his work (my bet for that would be The Langoliers, personally).

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 30, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Edit- to be clear, it would make a great movie night, I just find it hilarious how much King hates it. Especially since it's not even the worst adaptation of his work (my bet for that would be The Langoliers, personally).

I see you too have tried to forget they made a Dark Tower adaptation.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

BoldFrankensteinMir

magic cactus posted:

I see you too have tried to forget they made a Dark Tower adaptation.

:hmmyes:

Sig by Heather Papps

Escape From Noise

Ooh, Steven King's self-described "moron movie", the one that made him never want to direct ever again. I will look into it, thanks!

Oh no. I know about all that

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh no. I know about all that

Yeah I'm sorry, I did not mean to poo-poo your suggestion at all, it just came out wrong. Let's make it our Saturday showing!

Sig by Heather Papps

Escape From Noise

Yeah I'm sorry, I did not mean to poo-poo your suggestion at all, it just came out wrong. Let's make it our Saturday showing!

I didn't get that impression at all! I mean I suggested it because it's supposed to be bad. I also recently heard about it making him never direct again

Prof. Crocodile

To be fair, Maximum Overdrive is only the second-worst movie to feature the Green Goblin. And I think it's probably in Emilio Estevez' top 5.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

And I think it's probably in Emilio Estevez' top 5.

at least three of those are required to be the mighty ducks trilogy

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I didn't get that impression at all! I mean I suggested it because it's supposed to be bad. I also recently heard about it making him never direct again

Phew! Cool!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

To be fair, Maximum Overdrive is only the second-worst movie to feature the Green Goblin. And I think it's probably in Emilio Estevez' top 5.

Oh hell that's right, it has Emilioooooooooooooooo! I think there are parts of Maximum Overdrive I have specifically blotted out from my memory, so yeah, now we have to watch it.

Sig by Heather Papps

Escape From Noise

Prof. Crocodile posted:

magic cactus posted:

at least three of those are required to be the mighty ducks trilogy

Best Emilio Estevez film is Repo Man. I will die on this hill.

Prof. Crocodile

My top 5 Emiliovies (in no particular order): Men at Work, Repo Man, The Breakfast Club, Young Guns, Maximum Overdrive

BoldFrankensteinMir

Anybody still up for The Great Rupert tonight? I was a little late getting to the channel, hope I didn't miss anybody (it's empty presently).

I'll stick around for a few more minutes just in case. http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Edit- Thanks everyone! That was a lovely evening, I love that movie more every time I see it. Happy holidays!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 3, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

Anybody still up for The Great Rupert tonight? I was a little late getting to the channel, hope I didn't miss anybody (it's empty presently).

I'll stick around for a few more minutes just in case. http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Edit- Thanks everyone! That was a lovely evening, I love that movie more every time I see it. Happy holidays!

I really didn't know what to expect from this movie, but it was actually pretty great.

Sadly Rupert's real-life story did not have such a happy ending. He fell under the harsh spotlight of the McCarthy hearings and was blacklisted for his unabashed communist leanings. Deported, Rupert lived out the remainder of his life in Algiers where turned to drugs to cope with the loss of his craft and country. In his autumn years, Rupert converted to Islam and was able to come to terms with his tumultuous life. He died in 1963, surrounded by his 12 children, 102 grandchildren, and that droopy old guy who played the squeezebox.

BoldFrankensteinMir

In a little less than an hour (midnight GMT), join me for another movie night at http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies!

Much apologies but I have looked and could not find a copy of Maximum Overdrive that would sync- the only free versions on youtube are in a bunch of parts and as is often the case one or two of the parts are region protected, I have no clue why. So, if somebody has a link to a one-file upload or something that will work please let me know for next showing! Tonight instead we will be watching a copy of Laurel and Hardy in: March of the Wooden Soldiers!

I love love love Laurel and Hardy and this is a really high production value film for them, so it should be enjoyable! Again my apologies no killer trucks, we'll try again on Wednesday.

Edit-

Movie starts in ten minutes!
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 6, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight, at midnight GMT, join us at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another Christmas classic: 1945's The Cheaters!

I've never heard of this one before but it's got a very interesting history: for any of you 'yobbers who were with me for the Summer of Serials, this is a Republic Pictures film! A Christmas screwball comedy feature from the people who made Black Whip, Spy Smasher and Captain Marvel. It's a really weird outlier, and from what I'm reading it was a staple of late-night local TV for decades, and has been released as Mr. M and the Pigeons, The Amazing Mr. M, The Magnificent Mr. M, The Magnificent Rogue, and The Castaway. Huh.

Plus cartoons and camaraderie! See you in five hours, friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

Tonight, at midnight GMT, join us at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another Christmas classic: 1945's The Cheaters!

I've never heard of this one before but it's got a very interesting history: for any of you 'yobbers who were with me for the Summer of Serials, this is a Republic Pictures film! A Christmas screwball comedy feature from the people who made Black Whip, Spy Smasher and Captain Marvel. It's a really weird outlier, and from what I'm reading it was a staple of late-night local TV for decades, and has been released as Mr. M and the Pigeons, The Amazing Mr. M, The Magnificent Mr. M, The Magnificent Rogue, and The Castaway. Huh.

From the poster I thought this was going to be a movie about old-timey swingers starring the Tom Baker Dr. Who. NGL I am a little disappointed that it's not.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I LOVE THIS ONE

BoldFrankensteinMir

Kief Richards posted:

I LOVE THIS ONE

Awesome! We'll start with shorts in about 20 mins. http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Happy holidays, everyone!

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'll be there asap. Just finishing up a pot of sauce.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i forgot until about one second before the end of the film, but was rewarded with a cartoon just barely remembered from childhood that made me smile

byob movie night online: it's good

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

ah heck i forgot again

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! At midnight GMT, join us for yet another holiday movie night at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Tonight's film: Miracle on 34th Street, no not that one, no not that one either! The 1955 made-for-TV one!!!

Yeah, you better be excited. Ed Wynn!!!

See you there friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY WITH BELLS ON

Robot Made of Meat

Orson Bean? Not only was he a 1970s game show "celebrity," he also masturbated in special wooden boxes.

Look it up.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

amazing jokes that just put me in the ground

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

This movie was deeply triggering for me because I have a beard, dated a bookish girl in grade school, spent a brief period in a psych ward, and my job involves having old white guys coerce me into publicly saying things that aren't true.

It was still a good time, tho.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Movie night is running a little late tonight but it's the 1973 version of Miracle on 34th Street! See you there!

http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 17, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight at midnight GMT (about 20 minutes from now whatever that means!!!!), join us for another bizarre period holiday made-for-TV-movie: 1984's The Night They Saved Christmas!

It's got Art Carney, and Dynamite!!!

http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies see you there!

Edit- Uggggggh, that one HURT. Happy holidays, my miserable cellmates. Oil money for all!!!!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 20, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Thanks, BFM.
You will be paying for my next liter of good vodka, right?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Absolutely, send the bill to:
Alnilam, 1234 Real Street
Actual City, ZX

Sig by Heather Papps

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Absolutely, send the bill to:
Alnilam, 1234 Real Street
Actual City, ZX

Queue up something good for the next showing, and I'll call it good, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Barking Gecko posted:

Queue up something good for the next showing, and I'll call it good, okay?

What a great segue, thank you!

So for the next show, midnight GMT Wed the 23rd, right now I'm thinking a follow-up showing of The Great Rupert which still seem to be peoples' favorite of this month and I'm working on a little surprise to go with it for the holiday. Bla!

What do you think? I love Rupert but if nobody really cares to see it again we can pick something else.

We will NOT be reviewing The Night They Saved Christmas... until next year when I think we're gonna make a pretty big deal out of subjecting other goons to it. But who the heck knows what will have happened by then...

Sig by Heather Papps