Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

repiv posted:

Doom Eternal had its framerate cut in half for the Switch port, in a way the TW3 port is more impressive because it was already a 30fps game and they had to make it work on the same frame budget
That Witcher port is loving crazy. It was already playable at release and they patched it to look and perform substantially better later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Enos Cabell posted:

EVGA came through just in time, now I won't have to miss a single launch day bug.

Custom power cables was def overkill, but I like how it all turned out.

Oh and it had black lipstick not the red one

Nice, i like the cables a lot though. Cablemod customs?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Witcher 3 runs on the new MB Air too :) Crazy how what was crunching GPUs a few generations ago basically can run on an ipad

https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/k6h83r/the_witcher_3_running_on_apple_m1_via_crossover_20/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cygni posted:

Nice, i like the cables a lot though. Cablemod customs?

Thanks! Picked them up from Mainframe Customs.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1336777322607734784?s=20

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
What's the proper way to do in-stock tracking, is it actually ATR Stonks? I'm hitting links seconds after its bots posts them and seeing "out of stock".

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i'ven't watched the video (because i am technically "at the office working") but have the fine lads at digital foundry said anything about how dlss looks and performs in cyberpunk

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

They mentioned in passing that it "looks excellent" but they haven't posted anything in-depth yet

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

it'll be interesting to see performance on Stadia

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
18 more minutes until we achieve the true GPU endgame: a title that runs so badly that no GPU will ever be able to run it. The ultimate endless e-peen pursuit.

bus hustler posted:

Witcher 3 runs on the new MB Air too :) Crazy how what was crunching GPUs a few generations ago basically can run on an ipad

https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/k6h83r/the_witcher_3_running_on_apple_m1_via_crossover_20/

I mean, "basically an iPad" as far as being an ARM chip, but also the only 5nm SoC on the market.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The Amazon 3080 TuF drop lasted a solid 4 minutes or so, which is a long time by 3080 drop standards. I know Amazon probably has the least bot protection but at least their website doesn't die or make you jump through email verifications to get it checked out. The only thing that seems to get a bit overwhelmed is adding it to the cart. Just have to keep spam clicking add-to-cart and checkout quick once it shows up in there.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Zero VGS posted:

18 more minutes until we achieve the true GPU endgame: a title that runs so badly that no GPU will ever be able to run it. The ultimate endless e-peen pursuit.

I mean, "basically an iPad" as far as being an ARM chip, but also the only 5nm SoC on the market.

i mean theres no cooling but yeah in general the silicon is obviously better than a switch

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Malloc Voidstar posted:

What's the proper way to do in-stock tracking, is it actually ATR Stonks? I'm hitting links seconds after its bots posts them and seeing "out of stock".

Refresh the product pages then pray you can add them to cart and checkout successfully

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

shrike82 posted:

it'll be interesting to see performance on Stadia

Probably locked at 30 FPS, no? I think all other AAA titles are.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

LOL at whoever said CP doesn’t look that good.

The city looks incredible. Running decently at 4k mostly High with auto DLSS and RT on Ultra. Geforce 3080. See you guys in a month.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Oh, 4k. Awesome

I was worried about 3840x1600, sounds like it'll be fine

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

"auto dlss" means dynamic resolution so who knows how many pixels it's really pushing

but if it looks good that's all that counts

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

repiv posted:

"auto dlss" means dynamic resolution so who knows how many pixels it's really pushing

but if it looks good that's all that counts

Yeah I haven’t been able to tell when the resolution shifts yet. It definitely is downsampling, but looks great. So far FPS is 47-60fps within LG C9 VRR. Can’t wait for Digital Foundry optimized settings.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Cyber is making my 3080 whine harder than anything ever. It’s across the room from where I’m sitting. I may RMA :(

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Rolo posted:

Cyber is making my 3080 whine harder than anything ever. It’s across the room from where I’m sitting. I may RMA :(

Mine is just gasping for air, I’m glad I found a stable undervolt. Running like a champ. This game engine is something else.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I have it running on ultra + ultra and it looks competent but not outstanding?

I just got to my apartment after the intro area and I dunno, the general impression I’m getting is a game that was designed from a couple years back

people should try turning off chromatic aberration/film grain - they make the game look bad

shrike82 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 10, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is this "weird fuzz" caused by DLSS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If8pYLmTXAU&t=1124s
[18:44]

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 10, 2020

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Looks great here at 4k on an OLED screen. Yes some things like certain character models look better in other games but the scale of this game is something else.

Game runs about 25fps faster at 1440p down from 4k with DLSS still in auto. Loss quite a bit less sharp, I’m staying at 4k and learning to live with high 40’s FPS on heavy areas. Thankful for G-Sync.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CP2077 looks fine but I'm not really seeing anything revolutionary here. The DLSS reconstruction doesn't look particularly sharp at 1440p using the Quality (aka 960p) preset. Light sources and brightly lit areas seem very fuzzy.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Don't have Cyberpunk yet, but I did plunk in my Gigabyte 3060 ti Eagle, ran Doom Eternal on ultra nightmare, and... it's beautiful but this thing revs up like a jet engine as soon as it hits 40 degrees. No wonder the testing temps were so good, it goes from 0 to 2000 RPM

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

CP2077 looks fine but I'm not really seeing anything revolutionary here. The DLSS reconstruction doesn't look particularly sharp at 1440p using the Quality (aka 960p) preset. Light sources and brightly lit areas seem very fuzzy.

Yeah 1440p is a big step down in quality from 4k, I can see why you guys don’t think it looks that good. I’m now at 4K with DLSS at Ultra Performance and it looks sharper than 1440p DLSS Quality. Frame rate above 60fps.

So if you are running 1440p DLSS you are not getting the full experience. I hope they fix it.

Animal fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 10, 2020

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Like I figured cyberpunk hates oc even more than Control with rtx. Needed to kill memory oc completely to be stable but core clock doesn't seem to bother it

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

I’m very much looking forward to enjoying Cyberpunk 2077™ on my 5900X and RTX 3080.

Update, it runs great and the lighting and raytracing is super pretty.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 10, 2020

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
so just checking in, still no feasible way for someone who doesn't use bots or spend hours a day refreshing pages to get a 3060Ti or a 3070, right? Any idea when that's gonna be feasible, like, summer?

Because given the need for Cyberpunk patches and such I'm just gonna wait until I can get a proper video card to play it on before buying it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Animal posted:

Mine is just gasping for air, I’m glad I found a stable undervolt. Running like a champ. This game engine is something else.

I wish mine was just getting hot instead of turning into a tinnitus simulator. This is with an undervolt.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
RE: Cyberpunk
Running 4K high settings with RT completely off on a 3070 - I get 50 FPS with DLSS quality and 60+ with DLSS balanced. Both look pretty similar in terms of quality? Thing is, both offer an EXTREMELY better experience than 4K native at 35 FPS or 1440p upscaled by my monitor. For those using a 4K monitor for whatever reason (I use one for work), DLSS is a game changer, RT or not. I would not be happy with the experience without it

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Running it maxed out with DLSS on auto mode and I think it looks great. Also a great many hilarious bugs and dick based antics.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cygni posted:

Running it maxed out with DLSS on auto mode and I think it looks great. Also a great many hilarious bugs and dick based antics.

Looking forward to maximizing my DPS in CP2077.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It's a pretty game when it works

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I hadn't installed the Game Ready drivers released yesterday, just run the update and fired CP2077 back up before calling it a day and was surprised to see the framerate jump from 35-40 previously to 80-90 (2070 Super, Ryzen 3900x)

"Hot drat nVidia", I thought.

Turns out, the driver update deactivated all RTX effects in the game's graphics settings. :doh:

Back to 40 now. 45 when staring at a blank wall in V's apartement.
I guess I will have to turn RTX off for any boss fights.

LOL woke up and now my huge red afro is... gone.
This is going to be fun.

Looks like wearing a hat breaks the mirror with certain hair styles.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 10, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

nice jacket

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Don't quote yourself at 5:11 am.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 10, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How are people feeling about the DLSS in the game? Seen some goons and other places complain it's noticeably blurry. Likely a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malloc Voidstar posted:

avoid newegg listings they are a super low% move and by far the most botted. Stick to bestbuy and amazon ones. Bestbuy trickles out the stock over several minutes and amazon actually has stock.
The snail alerts discord is a few seconds ahead on average but the ATRstonks catches under the radar listings more often.