Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Why is the way you're introduced to most of the characters in this game involve a text message from them asking if you want to buy a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

If 60fps was so important to you maybe instead of a 3080 you should’ve spent that $500 on a console.

you are disturbingly concerned about other people play their games friend

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is... this NPC okay?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

chaosapiant posted:

I’m a little concerned about this game’s performance. I just built a new PC for this game, and I’m getting around 45-55 FPS on medium at 2560x1080. My specs are:

I5 10600K
32 GB DDR 4 ram 3600hz
GTX 1080.

I’m not quite getting nearly the performance my card should be getting, at least based in everything I’ve read. Additionally, I can use the Xbox overlay in Windows 10 to see that no matter what setting I’m using, I’m hitting 100% GPU usage.

Any thoughts? And yes, this is with newest game ready Nvidia drivers and my Windows 10 installation is barely a week old.

You're pushing 33% more pixels than 1080p, so if a 1060 gets 37fps at 1080p medium your performance looks to be in the right ballpark.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is the Steam version censored or something? When Cohh played he found dildos everywhere, but I haven't seen a single one yet. I checked, the nudity filter is off.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

huh, dlss is dropping my gpu utilization by ~25-30% but not more frames

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
NO VENDING MACHINE IS SAFE FROM THIS HACKERMAN.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is this the best opening night for a Steam game in history? How many millions are playing right now?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Anyone playing this on an old machine? I have a GTX 970 and a five year old i5 and I'm wondering if I will be able to get away with medium settings @ 1080p.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

NOOOOOOO in photo mode if you're naked they put underwear on you.

CDPR patch immediately

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can I get a cyber face so I don't need to wear a trillby for armor?

Scoss posted:

Anyone playing this on an old machine? I have a GTX 970 and a five year old i5 and I'm wondering if I will be able to get away with medium settings @ 1080p.

Both Steam and GOG refund policies will cover trying it out, if you don't mind the $60 being taken for a little while.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Det_no posted:

I don't have the game so can't check but Nvidia users try pressing Alt+F3 in-game to open the Freestyle menu. If it does come up, there's a Sharpen filter that's very good and is what makes DLSS look "better" than native res in the first place so enable that. Default settings might be a little strong but that's up to taste.

this improved my performance and picture quality on a 2070 TI by a significant amount, thanks a lot.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Scoss posted:

you will be fine at medium-low if you can tolerate medium fps with dips

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Grouchio posted:

Is this the best opening night for a Steam game in history? How many millions are playing right now?

Last I looked there were 780K concurrent players.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grouchio posted:

For people playing maybe

For breaking steam no

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

abraham linksys posted:

this is where I'm at with a 3700x. I left DLSS on Quality and turned off Raytracing and I'm barely hanging on to 60-70fps.

Was looking forward to just maxing poo poo out at 1440p on this card and not worrying about it, never spent more than $250 on a card before. Bummed I can't for the amount I spent. Hopefully 3080 folks have more luck.

this game will be benchmarking Christmas for youtube tech channels

e:woops quoted an old post

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 10, 2020

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ZeeBoi posted:

Last I looked there were 780K concurrent players.

Current: 975,588

Peak today: 1,003,264

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

g-c posted:

i am not playing on base but judging by the videos, i’d probably steer clear on the old consoles. game looks like it runs like dog poo poo on them

Conversely I played W3 on a switch and enjoyed every minute of it. It’s about the compromises and if you think you’d like to play the game and may even get a PS5 in the future go for it! From what I’ve seen on the PS4 it looks like, well, a PS4 game. Otherwise save your money and play it later. People ITT right now are obsessing over details, which is fine, and also not the normal experience. This game will sell as many copies on old consoles as it does on uberPCM and people will enjoy it just fine.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

First hard-crash.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I feel like an idiot. How do I upload ping to the camera in The Gift quest?

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

squirrelzipper posted:

Conversely I played W3 on a switch and enjoyed every minute of it. It’s about the compromises and if you think you’d like to play the game and may even get a PS5 in the future go for it! From what I’ve seen on the PS4 it looks like, well, a PS4 game. Otherwise save your money and play it later. People ITT right now are obsessing over details, which is fine, and also not the normal experience. This game will sell as many copies on old consoles as it does on uberPCM and people will enjoy it just fine.

i mean fair enough, but imo 15fps on a ps4 seems like a bad time. sure, you can expect that on a switch game is this caliber. i mean it’s up to that person for sure!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

theblackw0lf posted:

I feel like an idiot. How do I upload ping to the camera in The Gift quest?

Did you remember to slot the Ping ability first?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Had some mostly funny bugs and also a mission that didn't trigger right but overall a pretty good time bug wise. Ran well with some lighting issues with RTX and such on too. Definitely feels like the newer Deus Ex games so far with a realized city instead of missions.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Game is really good on PC on a 3090 and with a 3900x. Running it at 4k Ultra with RT ultra, and DLSS set to auto. I get 55-75 FPS. Tried Psycho RT, and it dropped to 40.

3 hours in, only one graphical bug: Jackie walking through an elevator door that then opened a second later.

I'm wondering if the goon thinking about heat on the GPU caused by too high settings might be right. I'm staying below 60c, and getting nothing like anyone else has been.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Dilber posted:

Game is really good on PC on a 3090 and with a 3900x. Running it at 4k Ultra with RT ultra, and DLSS set to auto. I get 55-75 FPS. Tried Psycho RT, and it dropped to 40.

3 hours in, only one graphical bug: Jackie walking through an elevator door that then opened a second later.

I'm wondering if the goon thinking about heat on the GPU caused by too high settings might be right. I'm staying below 60c, and getting nothing like anyone else has been.

Everyone's PC is different, everyone's airflow is different, everyone's ambient temperature is different, some people have pets & smoke near their computer. There are always incalculable differences. People don't list what else is running in the background, if they're streaming, on discord, still logged into Teams and Slack, etc.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Grouchio posted:

This is how the snow crash virus gets us :tinfoil:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

g-c posted:

i mean fair enough, but imo 15fps on a ps4 seems like a bad time. sure, you can expect that on a switch game is this caliber. i mean it’s up to that person for sure!

Got a link to that 15 FPS claim perchance?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do I get in here?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Playing on a PC with a older graphics card and the game is great. Runs smooth, only one small random glitch 3 hours in.
City is gorgeous, combat is what I expected and I like how smoothly I can go from melee to ranged.
Game did auto setup to Ultra settings and yeah. Looks great and great music.

Anyone who says this should have been delayed longer is nuts.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How do I get in here?

> use crowbar on door

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
What does pistol ADS mean and is there anywhere to see your the totals for your different types of ammo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ADS is aim down sights.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

BDs are extremely cool, got drat :stare:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

404notfound posted:

Did you remember to slot the Ping ability first?

Yep it’s in there. Option doesn’t show up though when I try to use quickdeck though.

Nvm looks like i had uninstalled it accidentally

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 10, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How do I get in here?

If you stealthed the area, I don't think you can. That area opens up when you engage the tough enemy at the end and Bug has to find an alternate route to flank him.

Don't worry about the loot, though, it's all crap as far as I've seen.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

squirrelzipper posted:

Got a link to that 15 FPS claim perchance?

https://twitter.com/michaeldoeslife/status/1336731660524679169?s=21

i am not sure if that’s actually 15 fps, but i can’t find the video i saw earlier where when it was raining the game was like a slideshow. all i’m saying is that it doesn’t seem great

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Launching on PS4 Pro. Here goes nothing. :ohdear:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

koshmar posted:

What does pistol ADS mean and is there anywhere to see your the totals for your different types of ammo?

It means you don't buy pistols made in Israel.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

Why is the way you're introduced to most of the characters in this game involve a text message from them asking if you want to buy a car?

You don’t meet your friends this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Lol the intro sequence is hitching like mad. Is is intentional?