Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Monstadt has official guidelines on greeting weirdo travelers so yeah they are used to all kinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
they have anime sameface OP

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

YES bread posted:

they have anime sameface OP

Yeah it's this. Their hair and eye colors are different and neither looks 'unnatural' enough to be the result of some magical power up.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

On one hand that’s kinda a great design on the other how is albedo not some old rear end scientist.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

kater posted:

On one hand that’s kinda a great design on the other how is albedo not some old rear end scientist.

When Varka comes back he's going to be a twink too. Bet on it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

kater posted:

He is old, he's probably at least like, 23.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So I'm just curious.

Am I crazy or does Albedo just look like a slightly older, alternate universe version of the male Traveler? What are the odds that this comes up in some weird distant plotline because MiHoYo lore?

They even share similar fashion senses!

Nah, that's Dainsleif all the way through. Dude even tries to reference his version of Lumine/some other woman as having been lost at some point.

Also, if you want your mind blown put Zhongli and Tartaglia in the same party, look at their hair, and then switch between them. It's almost exactly the same, barring a few little extras on one of them.

Edit: I just realized that Dainsleif may in fact be Genshin's version of Otto Apocalypse. If the theories about him using time travel and alternate universe shenanigans to save that woman are right then that makes the male traveler...? :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 10, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

kater posted:

Granblue taught me that the power of alchemy can grant eternal, adorable youth

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at the very least, Timaeus will tell you that Albedo is an Outlander just like you. i don't imagine any more connection than that, though i'm sure he'll be an important figure for that and his relationships to other characters that are unraveling central mysteries of the setting like Mona.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ashenai posted:

We already know it's a bunch of timed fetch quests! With various restrictions! (No running, no gliding, no taking damage, no getting wet and so on).

Should be fun and/or awful!

Genshin Impact introduces Death Stranding gameplay.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

dogsicle posted:

at the very least, Timaeus will tell you that Albedo is an Outlander just like you. i don't imagine any more connection than that, though i'm sure he'll be an important figure for that and his relationships to other characters that are unraveling central mysteries of the setting like Mona.

The Pale Princess and the Six Pygmies Vol. 1 posted:

Everyone in the Kingdom of the Moonlight Forest was born with fair skin, light-colored hair, and bright blue eyes.

So Albedo is probably from the same place as Dainsleif, or else descended from somebody who is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also there being a Xingqiu/Albedo relationship because the latter illustrates the former's light novels is one of the weirder bits i've come across

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
wow, Albedo does illustrations for Inazuma's #1 bestselling author... a man of many talents

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol im looking through the ridiculously huge archive thing cuz why not.

the favonius codex implies that the library's restricted section is just a hot tub lisa keeps secret.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Look, there's only so many ways to draw an anime twinkboy

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Was there always an eye of the storm enemy guarding a chest under an archway on a cliff between the bottom TP of stormterror's domain and cecilia garden? Felt like it was stealth added.

e: it's the spot near the last gliding challenge.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Delacroix posted:

Was there always an eye of the storm enemy guarding a chest under an archway on a cliff between the bottom TP of stormterror's domain and cecilia garden? Felt like it was stealth added.

e: it's the spot near the last gliding challenge.

https://mapgenie.io/genshin-impact/maps/teyvat?locationIds=50666

the answer to 'was this chest here before' is always yes, but the easiest way to confirm is just to look at the interactive map and see the actual chest. if it's not on there then you've found a new one. if it's on there then someone else has found it before, and it would be fairly big news if someone found a chest at this point in the game's lifecycle since it would prove that chests were being added.

e: I'm continually amazed how apparently bad I am at finding chests, considering I thought I was pretty good before I got the compass. I was 25 away from the max chest achievement in mondstadt and liyue and still the number of them that I found in completely obvious spots that I just missed is incredible.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I don't spend enough time to care about remembering spots so I'm always running into chests. I am meander about from one lootable object to the next. :shobon:

On the other hand, if there was prototypes lying around I'd pay more attention because the game won't give me any.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nakar posted:

Make sure to level skills. This is critical. The multipliers go up by quite a lot and at uncapped lv60 you should be able to raise them to 6, which is as high as they go before needing weekly boss drops.

Yeah, she's got lvl4 on her normal attack 'combo' and I need to amp up the Jade Screen in all honesty.

Glazius posted:

Basically how it works is that all the +atk% you have is summed up, then applied in one go as a multiplier to your base attack value from character stats + weapon. That includes +atk% from weapons, artifacts, character attributes, and set bonuses. Afterwards, the +phys% or +elemental% damage from your goblet is used as a multiplier for the appropriate type, and those values are the same or better (in the case of phys) than the +atk% numbers on the artifact would be. Unless you're switch-hitting very heavily or you have no +atk% and the +atk% goblet is a tier up, +damage type% is always going to mean more damage. And Ning don't switch-hit.

gandlethorpe posted:

To build on, any other +% DMG multipliers are added together before being applied, e.g. 2-piece Petra, 4-piece Bolide, Solar Pearl passive.

So Ningguang with Geo goblet, Jade Screen buff, Solar Pearl, and 2-piece Petra can get +93.6% DMG on her uncharged pew pews.

RES reduction is another way of amplifying damage which works multiplicatively after ATK and +% DMG are calculated, so it tends to be more impactful. Too bad there's no way to reduce Geo RES at the moment.

Well, the flower is HP, the feather is atk, I think the hourglass and crown are both atk% and I've got a geo damage goblet.

Biggest gameplay updates I'd be looking forward to are items immediately going into inventory, enemies dropping materials consistently, doing so in domains all the time as well, and a more stable quick menu and adventurer handbook that doesn't stutter while swapping pages.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
There's no source for salt, pepper, shrimp or milk other than general stores, right?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Today at AR 40 and WL 5 I discovered you can revive in combat, eat, use a potion and just generally take your sweet time doing anything just by opening up the menu and the game pauses :shobon:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ashenai posted:

There's no source for salt, pepper, shrimp or milk other than general stores, right?

I think the items even say that as far as I know.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

Some daily quests for milk, but those're few and far between. Just add the stores to your dailies.

Can anyone who's 100%'ed the gliding challenges tell me if there;s any reward for fully completing them all. I got silver on the last challenge, and want to know if it's worth going back and getting the last badge. You pretty much have to get everything almost perfect.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UltraRed posted:

Some daily quests for milk, but those're few and far between. Just add the stores to your dailies.

Can anyone who's 100%'ed the gliding challenges tell me if there;s any reward for fully completing them all. I got silver on the last challenge, and want to know if it's worth going back and getting the last badge. You pretty much have to get everything almost perfect.

Nothing outside of 3 tier 3 xp cards and E-Peen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There are no extra rewards beyond what's on the event page. Today's looked super hard at first but you get used to it. The gold medal rewards are worth around 20 resin so it's worth finishing if you can stand it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hexel posted:

Today at AR 40 and WL 5 I discovered you can revive in combat, eat, use a potion and just generally take your sweet time doing anything just by opening up the menu and the game pauses :shobon:

I think there are some things bugged with the pause. I paused in the middle of the Oceanid fight yesterday for a few minutes and when I came back I got hit with it's circle of death attack as if I was taking a long time to beat it.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

I love that Barbara is the most popular character used for battling Andrius.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm blown away that Diluc is so popular for golden house. Like.... over Xiangling? How is that possible? (btw Gouba and Oz is the easiest way to cheese the entire Childe fight)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ElMudo posted:

I think there are some things bugged with the pause. I paused in the middle of the Oceanid fight yesterday for a few minutes and when I came back I got hit with it's circle of death attack as if I was taking a long time to beat it.

Oh i wasn't gonna try and discover the limits i was just pleasantly surprised to be able to revive and eat in the middle of my first 70+ wolf of the north fight

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I think that just means that most f2p players aren't even far enough in the game to do golden house, but it's still weird that a 5* not even on banner is top 3.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
One of Albedo's skill names suggests he might be a homunculus of some sort. If he's close in appearance to Dainsleif and the Traveler twins, it might suggest that all of them have some degree of artificial nature. It's already questionable whether Aether and Lumine are really human, given that they're casual world-hoppers, appear to be immortal and unaging, and can resonate with Teyvat's elements without needing permission from the Archons.

Archonex posted:

Also, she hates Zhongli for his dour personality. I guess he tried the whole "You must carry the memories of our people with you!" schtick on her and she was just all "Naaah, I wanna go make some more explosions.".
Alice wrote that she proposed just blowing up Jueyun Karst to get rid of the Adepti and Zhongli couldn't stop laughing.

Zhongli does not laugh much, from what we've seen of him.

Ashenai posted:

I love that Barbara is the most popular character used for battling Andrius.
Barbara is the only healer the overwhelming majority of players have, I'm assuming. For most Genshin Impact players, getting frozen all the time by Cryo enemies is just a thing they have to deal with.

No Wave posted:

I'm blown away that Diluc is so popular for golden house. Like.... over Xiangling? How is that possible? (btw Gouba and Oz is the easiest way to cheese the entire Childe fight)
My guess here is that the Golden House weekly is seen as the hardest one and fewer F2P or low-level players do it, so the people who do it are more likely to be whales or rerollers who have Diluc. Diluc also does a tremendous deal of damage to Childe; I'm not sure if his resistance to Pyro is low or if it's just his Hydro/Electro resistance is somewhat high and there aren't a ton of people who use Cryo as their main damage source.

In spite of the elemental mismatch, Tartaglia is one of the best characters for fighting himself. Circle-strafe headshots will clear phase 1 without ever taking a hit, you can go melee to aggressively press phase 2 (the teleport strikes are the only really difficult part), and then doing bow headshots and evading when he teleports in on you breaks the phase 3 AI and he never really does anything too threatening.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean it prolly means non-diluc haters have a spread out team comp and dilux just use diluc.

Also he might be non banner but he’s been in game since launch and is only 5s carry sides keq that has and I think kq has problems in Golden jouse?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Nakar posted:

One of Albedo's skill names suggests he might be a homunculus of some sort. If he's close in appearance to Dainsleif and the Traveler twins, it might suggest that all of them have some degree of artificial nature. It's already questionable whether Aether and Lumine are really human, given that they're casual world-hoppers, appear to be immortal and unaging, and can resonate with Teyvat's elements without needing permission from the Archons.

Alice wrote that she proposed just blowing up Jueyun Karst to get rid of the Adepti and Zhongli couldn't stop laughing.

Zhongli does not laugh much, from what we've seen of him.

She makes Klee look sane and safe to be around. I really hope we see a bit of her antics soon. She's basically the protaganist of an entire different storyline given what we know of her. And she's an astoundingly hilarious dick to the locals either by accident or intent.

You know how Stormterror's Lair looks like some ancient city or fortress that slowly got wrecked due to the ravages of time? Well...It's not. Like, at all. It's neither ancient, nor has it been worn down by time.

Shortly before the game starts she showed up, looked at this massive fortress citadel that's a city, and said "You know, this doesn't really fit the motif of some forlorn ancient site harboring a malevolent and possibly insane dragon. I'ma blow it up a bit so the ruins look like ruins! Surely nothing bad can come of this idea! :v:"

She then basically dropped the equivalent of a bunker buster's ICBM worth of explosives on the buildings there because it didn't match her sense of personal aesthetics of what a ruin should look like. It's a wonder Dvalin didn't just lose his poo poo right then and there. :psyduck:

Hell, maybe that was why he was flying around and was able to get infected in the first place. Along with the real reason why there was a giant wind barrier that required a vision (She's implied to not have one. And that barrier wouldn't stop Barbatos or anyone he sent. It would stop her from getting inside though.) to get past surrounding the only structure still standing. Since who the gently caress wants to hang around the place when there's some Megumin-esque fanatic of explosions blowing large chunks out of the terrain and decor?

Some of her other feats we know of so far include:

quote:

Hilichurl-based Perpetual Motion Machine (theoretical): After witnessing the massive factories in Snezhnaya that were powered by perpetual motion machines, Alice suggested using hilichurls in a similar fashion, by forcing them to run in huge ball-shaped cells to generate wind for Mondstadt's windmills. This idea was rejected.

Launching Device (failed): Alice made a Launching Device to see if someone can fly to Celestia, using hilichurls as test subjects. They could only travel from the oak tree at Windrise to Springvale.

Terrifying observations of potential future events: Alice noticed that the mountainous area of Liyue, Jueyun Karst, was once sunk at the bottom of the ocean, and she assumed that one day it would be submerged again, due to having a large water reservoir underneath it.

Prototype Self-Propelled Seashell Boat (failed): Seeking to convert the seashell house at Yaoguang Shoal into a boat, Alice made at least three prototypes for a self-propelled boat. However, she failed to control it and ultimately gave up.

Attempts to Control Ruin Guards (failed): At Brightcrown Canyon, Alice attempted to control a Ruin Guard, which involved strapping a hilichurl to it. She failed dramatically: the Ruin Guard's body fell apart, and while she decides to spare readers from the "gory details" about the hilichurl's fate she also destroyed half of the ruins in Brightcrown Canyon in the process.

Corrupting the Pope into becoming a weeb: She turned Barbara who is essentially the Pope of Barbatos's religion into a japanese idol fanatic. Hence why Barbara loves to entertain crowds. Luckily Barbatos isn't as uptight as some of the other Archons or that would have caused an...issue. This was part of a plot to create an idol group in every nation so they could do...something. Probably for the best that it never took off.

Freaking out an Archon: Making Zhongli veer between extremely uncharacteristic laughter and terror with the explosions. This is a theme, along with the Hilichurl abuse.

Trolling Mona: See her quest for hilarity. Also, for some reason the group that Mona is a part of is named after a german word similar to Herrsher in Honkai Impact, the Midsummer Court that is explicitly labeled as being part of the old civilization in Monstadt, and Fischl's obsession. Amusingly, the word just means "coven". Either she's somehow related to that civilization or she's as bad as Fischl is!

Possibly the worst/best parent in Teyvat that we know of depending on your view of how she treated Klee: She's responsible for turning Klee into (and i'm just quoting the meme here) the "terrorist loli" that everyone knows today. She is literally the reason why Klee is treated like some sort of Hannibal Lecter-esque threat to Monstadt. She just left her own child in Monstadt for unknown reasons after teaching her how to make incredibly destructive explosives (That don't involve torturing slimes like how the Hilichurls make the ones in barrels, to her extremely minor credit.).

Making Amber at least marginally useful, and proving her vision is perhaps the shittiest one of all since it doesn't even have a unique special ability: After being inspired by Amber's Baron Bunny, Alice developed Dococo and taught Klee how to make explosive plushies of her own.

Potion Crafting to heal people while accidentally brainwashing them in the process: Alice's potions are potent, capable of curing people of things like speech impediments. However, they also tend to have side effects. She encountered Echo and gave him the potion that cured his stutter — and compelled him to perfectly imitate those around him.

She's basically speed running the industrial revolution to boot. Only instead of the peasants she's press ganging into work it's the poor Hilichurls. No wonder they hate everyone. Though it is neat that a ruin guard appeared to just self destruct rather than hurt a Hilichurl. Guess that's one more inferred bit of evidence that they're linked to the ancient civilization beneath Monstadt/in the Abyss.

She's basically a hilarious take on an Isekai protagonist. She even has some sort of weird DBZ-esque ability to sense power levels or something, since she could sense Osial sleeping in the bay outside of Li Yue.

Either way. she fits the general category they have of the current 4 and 5 stars having a suped up parent, mentor, or other character implied to be superior to them. Which is probably where the real power creep is going to come in.

And that's before we hit the dark/quantum/honkai element which may or may not show up later on. They've hinted at whole new elements beyond Dendro in the future.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 10, 2020

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

I mean it prolly means non-diluc haters have a spread out team comp and dilux just use diluc.

Also he might be non banner but he’s been in game since launch and is only 5s carry sides keq that has and I think kq has problems in Golden jouse?

I think Keqing also takes more investment to get up to Diluc's level. Diluc can hit hard without too much thought.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Archonex posted:

You know how Stormterror's Lair looks like some ancient city or fortress that slowly got wrecked due to the ravages of time? Well...It's not. Like, at all. It's neither ancient, nor has it been worn down by time.

Shortly before the game starts she showed up, looked at this massive fortress citadel that's a city, and said "You know, this doesn't really fit the motif of some forlorn ancient site harboring a malevolent and possibly insane dragon. I'ma blow it up a bit so the ruins look like ruins! Surely nothing bad can come of this idea! :v:"

She then basically dropped the equivalent of a bunker buster's ICBM worth of explosives on the buildings there because it didn't match her sense of personal aesthetics of what a ruin should look like. It's a wonder Dvalin didn't just lose his poo poo right then and there. :psyduck:

It is ancient and ruined, it's been abandoned for 2600 years and Alice describes it as a ruin when she found it, she just blew things up a little bit to make the central tower easier to climb

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

It is ancient and ruined, it's been abandoned for 2600 years and Alice describes it as a ruin when she found it, she just blew things up a little bit to make the central tower easier to climb

Nah. In some blurb she mentions she did it just because she didn't like the fact that it didn't look enough like ruins. It's even on the wiki.

Woman's got a strange way of thinking. And it explains why Klee is the way she is.

Makes me wonder if we're going to get something like Honkai Impact's "Soul Awakened" characters at some point. Soul Awakened characters, for those that don't know it, are essentially alternate universe or alternate versions of existing characters.

Some of them are family members, some of them are reincarnations, and some of them are just straight up from an alternate timeline since AU shenanigans are a big part of the Impact stuff. They're usually far more powerful in some ways than the default line of characters. The catch is that you can't use them with the younger/alternate version.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 10, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MajorBonnet posted:

I think Keqing also takes more investment to get up to Diluc's level. Diluc can hit hard without too much thought.

Pyro counters golden house.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

The three hilichurl tribes located in this valley are all densely populated. What if we built a huge spinning ball-shaped cell in the center of the valley and threw all of the hilichurls into it? That way we might be able to generate enough energy to power all the mills in Mondstadt for at least five years. If we took it one step further by grinding the hilichurls that are too old or too weak into food and feeding them to the strong ones, we might just build ourselves a perpetual motion machine that can support a huge factory like in Snezhnaya!

It seems totally feasible to me.

But when I told Miss Lisa about this idea, she just looked at me and pondered in silence for a long time, then changed the subject gracefully.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I guess I'm one of those 652 travellers killed by boars since I saw there was an achievement for it

The time it took to set up was absolutely not worth the tiny amount of primogems I got for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

No Wave posted:

"Hilichurl genocide to feed the masses, hilichurl eugenics to make stronger hilichurls (What could go wrong?), and hilichurl labor to give the masses power. All ideas by Alice, who is an incredibly sane and stable person.

She literally came up with the idea for Soylent Hilichurl Green.

I love how Lisa is just "Well, okay then! MOVING ON." upon hearing that. :allears:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 10, 2020