Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The in-game motion blur is really heavy-handed and bad. I'm pro-tasteful per-object motion blur but in CP2077 it's way too much.
I like high quality per-object motion blur and I'm looking forward to judging that with my own eyes.

I'm wondering about the ghosting though. Pre-release trailers are full of it and it's distracting af. Is it TAA artifact or something even worse? Hoping that DLSS doesn't have it..

Some examples. It's easiest to notice with cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
That looks like taa and ssao ghosting as well.

I thought we left ssao ghosting behind with ue3 though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Part of the color distortion you see around the edges of the frames are due to Chromatic Aberration, another thing that Literally Nobody Likes but developers keep adding into their games.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Oh the game also defaults to Windowed Fullscreen for some reason so you should be able to snag a few FPS by going fullscreen

Also definitely turning off "additive camera motions," turned FOV to max, chromatic aberation off & film grain off. Well :backtowork: and not actually playing for a week, this has been expensive fun with sliders.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 10, 2020

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Increasing resolution is almost entirely a GPU-oriented process though so if your CPU is maxed out while your 3080 patiently sits at 70% load, why not move up the resolution for a large impact to visual quality while shifting most of the actual rendering work to your video card, which is where you'd prefer it to be.

Oh yeah, I just meant that if you're getting 30fps at 1080p because your CPU is crapping out trying to deliver the frames, going up a resolution isn't going to fix that (get you more fps), but maybe I misunderstood what the post was trying to say.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Don't need motion blur if you're getting low enough fps that the game is blurry anyway

GTX 1070 club

:smug:

anyway I tweaked some settings and I'm getting ~40 fps in V's apartment @ 1440p, game looks good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Oh yeah, I just meant that if you're getting 30fps at 1080p because your CPU is crapping out trying to deliver the frames, going up a resolution isn't going to fix that (get you more fps), but maybe I misunderstood what the post was trying to say.

In some situations it can be helpful to just cap frames at your target FPS level to give an overworked CPU some more headroom, less frame variance and more overall consistency that way.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/Legolas/status/1336768342993104899

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
the load in on that cop's face is amazing and should be its own gif

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I’ve not been seeing any of the blurriness mentioned with 1440 DLSS on 3440x1440, but I’ve not been looking for it either.

Other than object pop-in in the far distance (tram line was guilty of this) and some NPC fuckery (Jackie phasing through an elevator door, teleporting for scripted events, and cops spawning in front of me at the apartment) games been pretty great.

One big thing I saw was ray tracing through the fog effect when you meet Jackie, the dudes shadow was pixelated to gently caress.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Any way to limit frames in CP2077? I’m getting 300+ in menus and it’s making my graphics card freak out.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rolo posted:

Any way to limit frames in CP2077? I’m getting 300+ in menus and it’s making my graphics card freak out.

Do it through your GPU control panel? I've got NCP locked to 140 and it's definitely capped at that in menus.

But otherwise yes there is a framerate limit in the graphics settings.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rolo posted:

there is a fps limiter option in the video menu

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

digitalfoundry is still pending but someone else did a console FPS count

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtPgetQ0VI&t=29s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A 2077 degree turn is approximately equal to 5.8 full revolutions, meaning you would mostly wind up headed in the same direction. :smugdog:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
so it's like office 365 then

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Cyberpunk likes moar cores

https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status/1337029110711857153?s=20

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

pmchem posted:

there is a fps limiter option in the video menu

Oh I missed it somehow, thank you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ah hell I'm on a 2400G

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
my xeon and rx 590 combination gives me 37 fps on high. in medium i gain like 15 fps. i think my cpu is the problem atm.
is there any gpu configuration that could give me more fpss?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It ain't wrong about the 7700K struggling :(

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Cyberpunk runs like dogshit on my 1080ti, 30-45fps at 1440p on plain high settings

Expected better

Huh, I'm using 3840×2160 with the dynamic res feature enabled (lower bound at 50%), high settings otherwise (with foul chromatic aberration disabled, and AF turned up to 16x), and it definitely gets up there on my 1080 Ti / Ryzen 3600 machine, definitely hits 60 at points, but probably hovers somewhere inbetween 30 and 60 for the most part. I haven't bothered turning on an FPS counter though, I've been playing it. Playable

edit: launched it through Steam to get an FPS counter up. 40-60. If I turn the dynamic res max scaling down to 80%, then it stays above 50. (I'm using vSync). This is in Night City, wandering around busy streets.
A few more tweaks would be desirable, and I'm sure there'll soon be an optimisation guide from good ol' Digital Foundry, but I'm not displeased with the performance on my HTPC rig. Kicking back with an Xbox One pad and a 75" TV

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 10, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Was pretty happy with performance in the early parts of the game, averaged around 75-80fps @1440p/ultra/rtx ultra/dlss balanced on my 9700k/3080. Started seeing some dips down to the high 50s once I hit a crowded street, so may end up dipping down to dlss performance. Gysnc is paying for itself on this game so far. Very impressed with the visuals, looks way better than any of the clips I saw shared around online the last few days.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Funnily enough this is the first game to give me screen tearing while running only G-Sync with no frame limiting or V-Sync enabled.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

After playing the sliders game with CP2077 last night on an RX5700 (tweaked to XT bios), some of the stuff that improved FPS:

The Precise Colors toggle is a few noticeable fps without visual impact that I can see even in the dark scenes where I'd expect to notice color banding.

Some of what I expected to be heavier options are not really dragging down fps in the limited places I've been yet: but AO is expensive as always.

Enabling dynamic resolution gives significant fps and frame time stability without visibly increasing the fuzzies that I've noticed. For non-DLSS, that's through the Dynamic FidelityFX CAS option. Turn that on then set a reasonable fps target close to what your make/break point is so the game isn't being asked to hit fps that it can't achieve without dropping res significantly.

For eg., without dynamic res I get about 40-55 fps depending @ 3440x1440. I'd like to maintain 48+ fps to stay in my monitor's freesync range (though LFC will handle lower fps). So I set a dynamic fps target of 55 fps and set a Minimum Resolution limit of 90% while leaving max at 100%. The game is almost always over 55 fps now and I can't tell the difference in visuals - have tried switching back a forth in a few scenes and it's just not visible to me.

VRR with LFC is great at giving a stable-seeming experience, so targeting the lower end of your VRR range as a base for your frames is a good idea. Rather than going for max frames, I mean, where you may still get wild fluctuations on the low end.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've been out of the loop for a while, but, what websites are to be most trusted for benchmarking CPU scaling (w/ # of cores) and GPU performance in video games such as CP2077?

techpowerup.com is pretty much my go-to because it's comprehensive and I'm not sure if tomshardware and anandtech have gone to poop in the past several years. I figure I may be missing some good benchmarkers though.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ijyt posted:

Funnily enough this is the first game to give me screen tearing while running only G-Sync with no frame limiting or V-Sync enabled.

Probably dropping below your g-sync lower limit. Do you have LFC on your monitor?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

v1ld posted:

The Precise Colors toggle is a few noticeable fps without visual impact that I can see even in the dark scenes where I'd expect to notice color banding.

that option might make more of a difference if you're playing in HDR

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

v1ld posted:

Probably dropping below your g-sync lower limit. Do you have LFC on your monitor?

Nah I was never going under 60 fps. Dunno what LFC is.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Update to the saga: CPU bottlenecking looking likely but still weird. There are sections (such as the VR tutorial) where everything runs butter-smooth at 4K RT and I'm getting both CPU and GPU close to 100% use. Most of the time, though, it's a 20ish FPS shitshow with the CPU at 50 to 60% use. Maybe it's got something to do with level size/number of active NPCs but if so, why am I not seeing the CPU pegged? It's also lagged out during the loving intro that plays when you boot up the game so something seems turbo-hosed. Gonna try to verify files, see if that gets me anywhere.

In any event, the writing for the 8600k is on the wall, it seems. Maybe they can patch this, but it's not a good time for 6C/6T so far.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I finally got my 3080. A local pc shop got one for a client but they bailed on them. I paid $150Cdn more over msrp for the card, but it is a EVGA XC3 Gaming so I am not complaining. Can't wait to pick it up tonight and slap it into my pc!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
IMO motion blur/DOF/chromatic aberration/film grain are all bad in this game and they are all on by default.

Turning them off gave me a couple more FPS and looked better.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m also in the gtx 1070 club and oddly it seemed like there wasn’t much of a FPS difference between low and medium on most settings? I’m very glad I just got a new gsync monitor and 1440p at 40ish FPS is surprisingly playable so far.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Welp, CP2077 is the game that finally is making me want to upgrade off of my GTX980. Got all the settings bottomed out on 780p and it looks both like everything is smeared with wax and I'm getting like sub-20 fps. I'm gaming off of a 2018 HP Spectre (So Core i7 9000 series, 16GB RAM, with a thunderbolt GPU dock for the 980) and this is the first thing that has really given it any problems. I was doing Baldur's Gate 3 and The Witcher 3 and Total War Warhammer 2 at near-ultra settings fine at 1080p.

Guess I get to join the search for a 3070. :smith:

The comedy option being if I can dig up the cash for a new gaming desktop. It looks like a lot of places are still stocking desktops with 3070s preloaded in em. I've always built my PCs though and man it kills me that I can't just slam a bunch of stuff together from PC Parts Picker because everything is out of stock.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

sean10mm posted:

IMO motion blur/DOF/chromatic aberration/film grain are all bad in this game and they are all on by default.

Turning them off gave me a couple more FPS and looked better.

you see it is very important for the cyberpunk 2077 aesthetic for it to look like it was shot with a lovely toy camera from the 1960s

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

pyrotek posted:

you see it is very important for the cyberpunk 2077 aesthetic for it to look like it was shot with a lovely toy camera from the 1960s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just a friendly reminder that this is the GPU thread. Perfectly fine to talk about GPU-related Cyberpunk things in here, but if you want to chat about the game specifically, there's a big ol' thread in Games that is worth checking out.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950404

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

DeathSandwich posted:

Welp, CP2077 is the game that finally is making me want to upgrade off of my GTX980. Got all the settings bottomed out on 780p and it looks both like everything is smeared with wax and I'm getting like sub-20 fps. I'm gaming off of a 2018 HP Spectre (So Core i7 9000 series, 16GB RAM, with a thunderbolt GPU dock for the 980) and this is the first thing that has really given it any problems. I was doing Baldur's Gate 3 and The Witcher 3 and Total War Warhammer 2 at near-ultra settings fine at 1080p.

Guess I get to join the search for a 3070. :smith:

The comedy option being if I can dig up the cash for a new gaming desktop. It looks like a lot of places are still stocking desktops with 3070s preloaded in em. I've always built my PCs though and man it kills me that I can't just slam a bunch of stuff together from PC Parts Picker because everything is out of stock.

You are probably severely CPU limited with that laptop. Try increasing the resolution and see if framerates drop. If they don't, you are CPU limited, and getting a 3070 won't do anything beyond let you massively increase the graphics options that you get 20FPS with.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

pyrotek posted:

You are probably severely CPU limited with that laptop. Try increasing the resolution and see if framerates drop. If they don't, you are CPU limited, and getting a 3070 won't do anything beyond let you massively increase the graphics options that you get 20FPS with.

Fair, but the Framerate is noticeably much worse at 1080. I'm probably bottlenecked at both ends so the answer basically turns back to "Build or Buy a proper desktop again, dumbass" which I've put the brakes on for so long because I've had 0 issues with the thunderbolt GPU dock on the laptop until now.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It won't let me turn on RT on the 1070, what the gently caress CD? Maybe I want to play at 5 fps?