Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yeah, I‘m in Yokohama, which is pretty close to Tokyo. My Japanese is still nowhere near good enough to get the job though.

Slightly more on topic:
A while ago I found a bizarre listing on Mercali, a reselling app that’s basically a classier Craigslist.

The ad calls it a “Lego compatible mini-fig Sonic - Red Knuckles color.” The description doesn’t give much info aside from that it works with Legos and that “it was made overseas, so if you are fussy about every detail don’t purchase it. “ I’m guessing it’s a Chinese bootleg. Are there more like it out there? A whole Harry Potter Obama set, perhaps? I didn’t shell out the 4 bucks for the thing so I guess it’ll remain a mystery. I did find these guys though:

I didn’t buy them either, sorry
Yo if you courrier me these Sonic Adventure pins I'll admit Sonic Battle is the better Sonic fighting game.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c871794945

I love how Sonic and Knuckles have their arms all tangled up in their legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic battle is really neat, it's just that story mode fights take way too long for their own good and unless you play perfectly then grinding up emerl points takes an eternity

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Yeah, I‘m in Yokohama, which is pretty close to Tokyo. My Japanese is still nowhere near good enough to get the job though.

Slightly more on topic:
A while ago I found a bizarre listing on Mercali, a reselling app that’s basically a classier Craigslist.

The ad calls it a “Lego compatible mini-fig Sonic - Red Knuckles color.” The description doesn’t give much info aside from that it works with Legos and that “it was made overseas, so if you are fussy about every detail don’t purchase it. “ I’m guessing it’s a Chinese bootleg. Are there more like it out there? A whole Harry Potter Obama set, perhaps? I didn’t shell out the 4 bucks for the thing so I guess it’ll remain a mystery. I did find these guys though:

Oh hey its the rarer Japanese Eggman Mcdonalds Happymeal toy design, Cybershell did teach me something!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Slightly more on topic:

This reminded me that I used to have a Sonic candy container with moveable arms I used to use as a Sonic toy in my "hero team" scenarios which were hugely violent, but still had room for a cutesy sidekick.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's likely the latter since they didn't immediately get Mania 2 in production.
Of course we also went the entire five year period between Sonic Anniversaries without a new game, so was Forces a dud? Seriously, we’re going straight from the 25th anniversary game to the 30th anniversary game with nothing in between unless you count Team Racing.

Not that choosing quality over quantity would be a bad thing in this case.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well we now know SOMEthing's happening:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1334646074334580736

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So the ring is a halo for a chao maybe?

Or another holiday special from Hesse’s crew, which I would totally be down for.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
bottom left is cream, top left is... silver or shadow?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1334573476170985473

It's just a twitter gag.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
omochao finally gets its own game

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

omochao finally gets its own game

an omochao game in which Silver hangs out in the menu and explains each option, every single time you select something

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

Yo if you courrier me these Sonic Adventure pins I'll admit Sonic Battle is the better Sonic fighting game.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c871794945

I love how Sonic and Knuckles have their arms all tangled up in their legs.
Yeah, that sort of weird cartoony contortion is of my favorite things about the SA art and I wish they’d bring it back at some point (along with, y’know, actual new 2D art). Seeing the Sonic one as one of Modern Sonic’s trick poses in Generations was a treat.

If you pay all the costs then I’ll see what I can do. Anything for my mediocre GBA brawler of dubious canonicity! Hit me up in PMs.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/bantranic/status/1334423417404133376?s=21

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
amy's boxercise routines are canon

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's a fan made model with photoshop's dithering but drat if it isn't well-done.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just picked up the 360 version of Generations and played through Green Hill Zone on Series X. The game looks gorgeous in 4k. It's very apparent they didn't upscale the cutscenes. I feel a bit of input delay in Classic Sonic now. Not enough to ruin the game, but it's there.

Sonic Forces is a bad game, an opinion shared by all, but I do think that Classic Sonic being from another universe is better than him being a younger self is a good retcon. I know Sonic is canonically a 15 year old but I never questioned his age before Generations came out. He occupies a similar place as other cartoon mascots like Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny, who I've also never thought about their canonical ages before, because that's strange.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'd never really considered the implications of classic Sonic being from the past but I'm choosing to believe that the sliding timescale means that both classic and modern Sonic are 15 despite that

Like, if Tracey Ullman Show shorts Bart Simpson met Bart Simpson from the show proper they'd both still be 10 despite the progression of time

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They did that in a Treehouse of Horror a few years back.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok so far it's just been the opening birthday party cutscene that didn't get the resolution bump. The rest has looked great so far.

I did notice a funny thing though. The level names are glitched in the opening screen.

Sometimes I'll get other weird symbols. Never letters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok so far it's just been the opening birthday party cutscene that didn't get the resolution bump. The rest has looked great so far.

I did notice a funny thing though. The level names are glitched in the opening screen.

Sometimes I'll get other weird symbols. Never letters.

That's funny, the same thing happens on PC when you mod it sometimes.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
It's been known to happen on PC even when you don't. Something about that loading screen's texture atlas is just really bonkers.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ten years later and I'm still bitter that I could never get the Time Attacker achievement. Common bug, never patched, the game just crashes in the time attack menus and fails to record your time even if you do complete the level. Some people managed to get it through what appears to be complete sorcery.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

did they ever fix the game crashing in the seaside hill rouge mission? That was the last achievement I needed

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Ten years later and I'm still bitter that I could never get the Time Attacker achievement. Common bug, never patched, the game just crashes in the time attack menus and fails to record your time even if you do complete the level. Some people managed to get it through what appears to be complete sorcery.

That's kind of wild. I just went and checked and I have that achievement, I guess I must have done it before they did whatever they did to break it since I got the game day one and played the poo poo out of it right away (Xbox site says I unlocked the achievement two days after release)

The only achievement I didn't get in Generations was the "beat the final boss without getting hit" one because that final boss is hot garbage and I only do those kinds of things as long as I'm enjoying them

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

That's kind of wild. I just went and checked and I have that achievement, I guess I must have done it before they did whatever they did to break it since I got the game day one and played the poo poo out of it right away (Xbox site says I unlocked the achievement two days after release)

The only achievement I didn't get in Generations was the "beat the final boss without getting hit" one because that final boss is hot garbage and I only do those kinds of things as long as I'm enjoying them

I think this was specifically in reference to the PC version.

I did get the platinum on PS3 but that final boss one took me like 30 tries

LOOKS LIKE A HOMING ATTACK

WATCH OUT

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Skeletome posted:

did they ever fix the game crashing in the seaside hill rouge mission? That was the last achievement I needed

Nope, the port never received a single patch at all (outside of weirdly someone putting entirely too much effort into a new config program). The only solution for that mission is seemingly to speed run the hell out of it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The time attack problem is from having a long friends liist ijrc. They just didnt make it so the time attack leaderboard could be longer than like 50 or 100 ppl or smth like that

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Get hyped for Sonic tv series #6.

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1337079639508967425?s=21

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Already been deleted apparently, what was it?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

An announcement of a new Sonic animated series on Netflix in 2022.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Larryb posted:

A new 3D animated series on Netflix. Comes out in 2022.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

A new 3D animated series on Netflix. Comes out in 2022.

Is the information available anywhere else in that case?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't know which version you are playing. But back on release, I had to delete any friends on my PS3 that weren't from the same region as me. Even if they don't have or play the game. For some reason that's what keeps it from working.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Don't see it anywhere. That's an official Netflix account so they probably accidentally tweeted it too early. Maybe an announcement at the game awards tonight?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Larryb posted:

Here's a screenshot. It's an official Netflix account so I'm pretty confident this is legit

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think this was specifically in reference to the PC version.

I did get the platinum on PS3 but that final boss one took me like 30 tries

LOOKS LIKE A HOMING ATTACK

WATCH OUT

Ah, yeah, so they probably were. I did look the problem up before replying but I've just double checked and the thing I was looking at last night was about Steam lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Party Boat posted:

Here's a screenshot. It's an official Netflix account so I'm pretty confident this is legit

Yup, and here’s another link confirming it:

https://nintendoeverything.com/netflix-announces-new-3d-animated-series-for-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Sounds interesting though I kind of hope they announce a new game at some point as well (I think the most recent Sonic game of any kind was Team Sonic Racing).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My personal theory was that the Team Sonic Racing short was the testbed for the visual style of a new series, so we'll find out soon if that was right!

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 10, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

My theory was that the Team Sonic Racing short was the testbed for the visual style of a new series, so we'll find out soon if that was right!

I’m pretty sure those shorts were 2D and this has been confirmed as a 3D animated series but I suppose anything’s possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

It's from the same people that made that Mega Man series that was quietly put out to die a couple years back so that's probably the style you can expect.