Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
And her name is tarutaru?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dude probably wants to use all the aether from the death and destruction to do some fuckery.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Begemot posted:

Personally, I think that (MSQ 5.4) we're going to deal with Zenos and Fandaniel in 5.5, and move on to something else in 6.0. The threat of the towers is too imminent and serious to leave off solving until the next expansion. There's still other Imperial Legions that are out there in the world with their own evil plans, like those guys down in Dalmasca from the Stormblood alliance raids.

It's just hard for me to see how we don't just say "okay let's go kill Zenos again" now that the WoL is back on the Source. Maybe Fantastic Daniel runs away to the moon and we have to follow him in the next expansion, but I don't think this tower thing is the lead-up to 6.0, just the end of the 5.x patches.

Zenos is waiting in the Garlean capital. We're not going to the Garlean capital in a .5 patch.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Begemot posted:

Personally, I think that (MSQ 5.4) we're going to deal with Zenos and Fandaniel in 5.5, and move on to something else in 6.0. The threat of the towers is too imminent and serious to leave off solving until the next expansion. There's still other Imperial Legions that are out there in the world with their own evil plans, like those guys down in Dalmasca from the Stormblood alliance raids.

It's just hard for me to see how we don't just say "okay let's go kill Zenos again" now that the WoL is back on the Source. Maybe Fantastic Daniel runs away to the moon and we have to follow him in the next expansion, but I don't think this tower thing is the lead-up to 6.0, just the end of the 5.x patches.

Eh. The 2.4-2.55 was the intro to Heavensward with Aymeric and Ysayle and Midgardsormr and Thordan + Ascians, with the Ul'dah/Crystal Braves drama continuing from its thread through all of 2.x and mostly (if not totally) having its climax in 2.55 (though larger consequences down the line). The 3.4-3.55 was the intro to Stormblood with the Griffin's plot to force the Eorzean Alliance into action regarding Ala Mhigo coming to a head, and the side-thread of the Warriors of Darkness getting resolved (with larger consequences down the line). 4.4-4.55 was the intro to Shadowbringers with Emet-Selch, Black Rose, and the Exarch's fumbling attempts at bringing in the WoL - the attempted negotiations and subsequent resumption of war with Garlemald kind of coming to its climax after Varis and Elidibus withdraw from the front (with... consequences). At least going by the pattern, I'm not really sure there's really another element to serve as our expansion introduction. The throughline seems to be the soul/tempering/interpersonal-connections bit, Fandaniel and Zenos seem to be serving as at least the big connection even if they end up like Ilberd by 5.55 - the towers may not be our 6.0 goal, but they may well bring about whatever is.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Azubah posted:

Dude probably wants to use all the aether from the death and destruction to do some fuckery.

Now that Elidibus isn't around to scold him, he can finally live his dream of using a series of giant lasers to write FANDANIEL WAS HERE on the face of the moon.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

hazardousmouse posted:

And her name is tarutaru?

It's Tötörö.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vargatron posted:

I swapped to DRG this tier...

https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereRudeMooseUWot

Performing as expected!

it is canon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Starlight Celebration got announced and I guess we can turn into snowmans now

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2020/The_Starlight_Celebration/uho06l3k9d

Also turn our houses into ice levels from a Mario game.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Begemot posted:

It could be that the towers are going to initiate whatever goes down in 6.0, given they're meant to reenact the End of Days they could even be there to commune with the voice that caused the fall of Amaurot. At the very least I'd be very surprised if the threat caused by them is out of the way before 6.0, they've only just been introduced and 5.5 will be about the poo poo going down that leads into the next expansion.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

multijoe posted:

It could be that the towers are going to initiate whatever goes down in 6.0, given they're meant to reenact the End of Days they could even be there to commune with the voice that caused the fall of Amaurot. At the very least I'd be very surprised if the threat caused by them is out of the way before 6.0, they've only just been introduced and 5.5 will be about the poo poo going down that leads into the next expansion.

Yeah, that makes sense, I guess the hard swerve in 4.55 just makes me think that they're going to throw another last minute curveball. Everything makes it seem super obvious that 6.0 is going to be Garlemald, therefore it is definitely not going to be Garlemald :v:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

multijoe posted:

Yeah it could end up being different but my impression is that we'll resolve the immediate problem but will be incapable of preventing events from being set into motion. Sort of like what happened at Baelsar's Wall.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Augus posted:

never had this happen to me. have you toggled off the setting that makes you automatically face a target when using an ability?

Nah I've got it on by intent. I was just too late on using elusive jump there.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like the new collectible interface but what on Earth was the reasoning behind making so many collectible-only items unable to be gathered as collectibles while still keeping the gathering points? Like 75% of the unspoiled nodes are just completely pointless now.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I didn't think of it while I was doing MSQ but I guess there's basically a 100% chance of Zenos and Fandaniel causing another starshower on the Source. Could totally see Zenos wanting to awaken people because it makes their souls tastier or something.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Chillgamesh posted:

I didn't think of it while I was doing MSQ but I guess there's basically a 100% chance of Zenos and Fandaniel causing another starshower on the Source. Could totally see Zenos wanting to awaken people because it makes their souls tastier or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came up that Ghimlyt or the Bozja campaign have been causing the same effect, with the amount of artillery flying around.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zomborgon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it came up that Ghimlyt or the Bozja campaign have been causing the same effect, with the amount of artillery flying around.

Also with the amount of bosses actually casting some variation of Meteor in Bozja.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Chillgamesh posted:

I think the only way this would matter to him is maybe if Estinien or Raubahn or Gaius picked up the echo. Everybody else aside from the WoL would just die too fast in a fight for him to care.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

Also with the amount of bosses actually casting some variation of Meteor in Bozja.

Red Comet has been responsible for twenty-seven echo awakenings to date.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thundarr posted:

I think the only way this would matter to him is maybe if Estinien or Raubahn or Gaius picked up the echo. Everybody else aside from the WoL would just die too fast in a fight for him to care.
Kan-e-Senna gets the Echo, the backwash revives the Elementals, Kan-e-Senna declares a crusade against kneecaps; Lalafells declare allegiance immediately

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Next encounter, Zenos rides into battle with a trusty new stead, Red Comet

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MechaX posted:

Everything's blowing up, the Lunar Bahamut's on a suicide run, Fannypack is getting second thoughts about all of this. The linkpearl flicks on. "Kweh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh ehh"

In the end, he came here to wark at you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MechaX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTLaOhPWtc

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Important question of the patch: was anyone else finding out they'd been pronouncing Bozja wrong all this time or was that just me?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I really appreciated when Matoya called out Raha for having old person body language.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

hazardousmouse posted:

I really appreciated when Matoya called out Raha for having old person body language.

You'd think he'd actually have "I wear a hood all the time" stoop.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Rosalie_A posted:

Important question of the patch: was anyone else finding out they'd been pronouncing Bozja wrong all this time or was that just me?

Yes. I also learned the correct pronunciation of 'Bloefhiswyn'.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 11, 2020

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bozja? I hardly know ya!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Rosalie_A posted:

I wondered how it was really pronounced and switched between boz-ya and boz-dja pretty frequently.

lol I noticed a plot of land for sale in the goblet and sauntered over to see what's what. I'm 1 of 10 clicking it atm. I'm not going to hang any hopes on it, just clicking while waiting for roulettes.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Good news, everyone

https://twitter.com/fittingxivsongs/status/1337190740452134912?s=19

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm not a Sephiroth fan but I thoroughly enjoyed that trailer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1337192924002603009

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol someone at the land plot mentioned that and I thought they were just boredom bantering and ignored it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Espressolala/status/1337132976308568064?s=20

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

hazardousmouse posted:

Also, after you finish the MSQ quests, Aenor at the Waking Sands says he talks like an old person.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Thundarr posted:

Now that Elidibus isn't around to scold him, he can finally live his dream of using a series of giant lasers to write FANDANIEL WAS HERE on the face of the moon.

If he does this I will 180 turn on him immediately, thats the kind of insane nonsense I can get behind.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1337238981541433345

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Here I am getting all excited for a FF14 rep in Smash and for Powerman 5000 to get all pissy again, just to realize there was an H at the end of the character's name :reject:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they should include Fiend in the music selection for the pack anyway

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Still haven't finished the MSQ but my static just cleared E9S completely blind--our first savage fight we've done blind top to bottom. We'll start using guides for the next fights but that was a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have a house in FFXIV and do not care about it. Like in real life, I think an apartment is just fine.

What should I do with my house? I guess I can’t just gift it to a goon or something, but I’m pretty broke— should I just wait for YoshiP to devour it and poop my money back at me? Or would demolishing do something for me?