Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A lot of the TSR short was 3D animation trying to look 2D, it was just the character stuff that was hand drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I kind of hope they follow Boom’s example and at least have the game cast continue to voice their characters as opposed to going to the trouble of hiring new actors.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

J-Spot posted:

It's from the same people that made that Mega Man series that was quietly put out to die a couple years back so that's probably the style you can expect.

Huh, I wondered what happened to that series. :shrug:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

I kind of hope they follow Boom’s example and at least have the game cast continue to voice their characters as opposed to going to the trouble of hiring new actors.

i saw a couple episodes on yt a while back and that show was surprisingly funny, i hope this keeps up that trend

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i saw a couple episodes on yt a while back and that show was surprisingly funny, i hope this keeps up that trend

The Boom TV show was unironically the best thing to come out of that whole ill fated subseries (though Knuckles and Eggman are probably the best parts in my opinion).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Larryb posted:

The Boom TV show was unironically the best thing to come out of that whole ill fated subseries (though Knuckles and Eggman are probably the best parts in my opinion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7NecF46NI

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also a good moment (seriously, watch both seasons of Sonic Boom. It’s surprisingly good).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

J-Spot posted:

It's from the same people that made that Mega Man series that was quietly put out to die a couple years back so that's probably the style you can expect.

That Mega Man show was legit. I wish people had actually given it a chance, and I also wish they'd put it on literally any streaming service so people could watch it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
boom the cartoon was fun in small doses but i could never get over just how cheap the actual animation looked

secret rings is a neat game. i skipped 06 but this seems like a bridge between the mach speed sections of that game and the modern sonic boost stuff from the following 3d games. the motion controls don't really add anything but I'm having a good time. i just wish the main theme were better and also didn't play constantly...

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

quote:

@WildBrainHQ
Hmmm...

quote:

@ManOfAction
Hmmmmmm....

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArfJason posted:

You should watch the rest

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought that as a society, we were past making ugly versions of cute Japanese characters.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Not interested at all in another sonic cartoon until I hear the words "character design and animation direction by" followed with "Tyson Hesse".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
please get Alan Denton on board, he's begging for it

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

get ken penders on it

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Skeletome posted:

get ken penders on it

Okay I'd definitely watch that cartoon lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/SaturnsRings3/status/1341961029979435013

this is sick as hell

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goddamn finally

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic and the secret rings was about as frustrating an experience as i was expecting but more than that it was disappointing, because it could've been really cool so easily. the levels are all beautiful and the basic "go through the whole thing" missions are fun, but the controls just don't measure up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Let the speed
Méndez
Méndez
Méndez
Méndez
Méndez

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
MAKE BELIEVES REBORN

MYTHIS IN MIND RETHOUGHT

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Hey guys, new IK dropping into the thread to ask if you want a new thread title? I want to use my buttons!! I actually didn't know if this thread was for Sonic or Crusader Kings!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Sonic Megathread: It can't get any worse...can it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sonic Megathread: None of this is good. That's why it's called "war."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The thread title is perfect and I'll brook no dissent.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Sally Acorn Appreciation Station

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
The Thread That’s As Cool And Blue As Me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maybe it'll be time to change the thread title when the next sonic mainline title is surely released next year

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Harry Potter Obama Megathread

Sonic the Hedgehog megathread: Sonic Colors was ten years ago

Sonic Megathread: My prayers for Shadow the Hedgehog 2 continue to go unanswered

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Just for a change can this be the Knuckles thread for 2022?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
might as well update it to crusader kings 3

alternatively,

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sonic Thread & Knuckles

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Sonic Megathread: No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

change it next friday at 12:01am to 30 YEARS OF EGGMAN

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Big the Cat Megathread: Feels Good!

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Sonic Boom was a lot of fun and had some hella sharp joke writing but I’ll be damned if it had much of anything to do with Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic the Hedgehog Boom.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Sonic the Hedgehog Megathread: There are always a lot of cops around when you don't need 'em!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Dr. Eggman's CBT Megathread

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Sonic Thread: Just smile

Knuckles' Thread - Da wae to the Sky Deck

Sonic Eraser Appreciation Station

Sonic Dreams Collection Megathread

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Harry Potter Obama Megathread

Favorite so far.

Adbot