Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm kind of chafed about the cost to guild a kitgun on Deimos. 25 Grandma tokens is pretty steep.

edit: How's that for a poo poo top post. I'm not going to add anything to it either. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

smallmouth posted:

I'm kind of chafed about the cost to guild a kitgun on Deimos. 25 Grandma tokens is pretty steep.

edit: How's that for a poo poo top post. I'm not going to add anything to it either. :colbert:

Oh wow that's p rough. I still have a bunch of fortuna stuff so I just gilded my new kit guns there without even looking into where to go to gild them on Deimos.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Actually, it's cool. Rude's got my back. I can guild the kitgun with a Deimos part on Fortuna.

efb

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 10, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Don't you still have to build all the kitguns with Zuud anyway? Who thought 25 Grandmother tokens (25000 of the hardest standing to farm) was even a good idea when there's already an easy 5k (slightly more with debt bonds, 7k?) standing method?

e: other game terminology on my mind oops

copy
Jul 26, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Don't you still have to build all the kitguns with Zuud anyway? Who thought 25 Grandmother tokens (25000 of the hardest standing to farm) was even a good idea when there's already an easy 5k (slightly more with debt bonds, 7k?) standing method?

e: other game terminology on my mind oops

I think gma tokens are 3k each, so actually 75k worth of rep if that's right. I would say, though, that getting 25 grandma tokens can actually be more annoying than getting 75k rep depending on how much time one has to spend looking at what she is willing to trade for them and how willing one is to grind non-mom tokens.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

copy posted:

I think gma tokens are 3k each, so actually 75k worth of rep if that's right. I would say, though, that getting 25 grandma tokens can actually be more annoying than getting 75k rep depending on how much time one has to spend looking at what she is willing to trade for them and how willing one is to grind non-mom tokens.

We were both wrong, gma tokens cost 1k each but are worth 1.5k. 37.5k standing. Still absurd!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

We were both wrong, gma tokens cost 1k each but are worth 1.5k. 37.5k standing. Still absurd!

Hooray! It's only half as bad as I thought!

e: yeah maxing rep for two days in a row on fortuna is way less of a pain than getting 25 grandma tokens for my current level of engagement. Luckily if I go the fortuna route, I only actually need ~7k!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Also, new Corpus Lich weapons were datamined.

quote:

BE Ferrox vs Ferrox
Charged Shot:
• 2% more crit chance
• .2x more crit damage
• .17 more firerate
• 10 more rounds per magazine
• 15% more status chance
• 90 less damage
AoE on charged attack:
• .4 m more range
• 140 more damage

BE Tetra vs Tetra:
• 20% more crit chance
• .5x more crit damage
• 1.67 less firerate
• .2s longer reload
• 10% more status
• 46 more damage
• Damage changed from Puncture/Impact to Puncture/Impact/Slash

BE Arca Plasmor vs Arca Plasmor:
• .4x more crit damage
• 8m-16m more falloff range
• .1 less firerate
• Infinite punch through instead of 3m punch through
• .2s slower reload
• 6% more status
• 400 more damage

BE Cycron vs Cycron:
• 8% more crit chance
• .2x more crit damage
• 10% more status chance
• 7 more damage, damage changed from Puncture/Slash/Radiation to pure Heat

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Their one chance to revert their horrible mistake of making the Tetra + aug mod nerf, and i'm not holding my breath for it.

Wouldn't bet on those numbers being final either, so pretty much the only thing i kinda give a drat about is another plasmor.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ferrox is really loving good so i'm excited for that

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, both Zuud and father can construct and guild kitguns.

Happy about the plasmor—hopefully it will be fun. I was hoping for the battacor too.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

smallmouth posted:

Happy about the plasmor—hopefully it will be fun. I was hoping for the battacor too.

Well, this is only four so far. Liches got what, 16 weapons total, 4 or 5 of which were new? Still plenty of room.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Thank you guys for having this kitgun discussion while I'm at work so I don't get traumatized by father when I get home

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The entire Entrati family make me want to turn my audio off.
On the kitgun and Father note: Sporelacer is great, Vermisplicer... exists, one of the Macro loaders has the highest magazine capacity. Is there any reason to care about the grips at all, or the lower capacity loaders?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Can you blend them with fortuna parts? Or are they exclusive cause Infested?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Yeah, everything mixes. I'm using a Sporelacer Haymaker Splat.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Suggestions on if primary or secondary are better?

Orv
May 4, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

Suggestions on if primary or secondary are better?

Secondary sporelacer, primary vermisplicer.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SkyeAuroline posted:

Also, new Corpus Lich weapons were datamined.

Boo! Hiss! Where's the Flux Rifle variant! The world demands a slash-primary beam weapon!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
an actually-good version of the Tetra would be nice but Road is correct about the augment

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Has anyone got any recommendations for builds for the new infested kitguns? Or should I just haymaker splat everything

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

You really, really don't want -range on the Vermisplicer. It's nearly a melee weapon as it is. Not much helpful outside that in terms of advice though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Boo! Hiss! Where's the Flux Rifle variant! The world demands a slash-primary beam weapon!

More like the Sux Rifle ha gotem

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I made a secondary vermisplicer without looking it up and thought it shot spikes that became tentacles that pummeled people. Then it turns out I had actually made a jiggle-action revolter. Thanks for the mastery, gross gun.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I have but two questions to pose to DE:
Which member of the dev team was traumatized on a hunting trip as a child and decided (daytime, especially) conservation needed to be an exercise in spite?
What joy does it bring to have random Grineer patrols and turrets shoot at my Archwing every 5 seconds?

One more day of standing and I'm R5 with Cetus and can never look at this place again (until I need to finish Quills, which will be "never").

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.warframe.com/news/play-...ic-store-launch

Warframe is now on the Epic Games Store. Until 24 December at 11:59 PM you can get free and pretty cool Unreal Tournament skins (plus syandana, 7-day affinity booster and 3 free weapon slots) by downloading it. Yes, as far as we can tell EGS has to redownload Waframe, but anyone who knows a way around that can feel free to post it. Plus you can just uninstall it afterwards.

Steps to reproduce:

quote:

HOW TO REDEEM:
1. Visit the Warframe page on the Epic Games Store
2. Find the Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle in the 'Packs' section
3. Claim your bundle for free
4. Download and log in to Warframe through the Epic Games Store (you only need to do this once to redeem the bundle)
5. Find your Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle and Synkra Syandana in your Inventory!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Prop Wash posted:

https://www.warframe.com/news/play-...ic-store-launch

Warframe is now on the Epic Games Store. Until 24 December at 11:59 PM you can get free and pretty cool Unreal Tournament skins (plus syandana, 7-day affinity booster and 3 free weapon slots) by downloading it. Yes, as far as we can tell EGS has to redownload Waframe, but anyone who knows a way around that can feel free to post it. Plus you can just uninstall it afterwards.

Steps to reproduce:

Someone on steam try this and tell me how it works out.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

temple posted:

Someone on steam try this and tell me how it works out.

I did, it works fine. I had to log in twice, though, once after installing the game on the Epic store to get the cosmetic pack to unlock at all, and then a second time to actually get it to deliver.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So I spent some time with the new infested vaults on PS4. Looks like once you clear the related iso vault you can keep repeating the infested one as much as you like. I did T1-3 iso, with an infested on each plus a bonus infested on T3. Got 3/4 sporothrix parts so that's pretty amazing and a decent stock of mom tokens to get me some much needed rep since I'm still not Family with these fuckers. 3 iso vaults and 4 infested vaults took me a solid 90 minutes solo, not sure how much it could have been sped up in squad.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The download skip isn't much.

Install WF from EGS. Go through the install process until you get to the 20gb+ chunk. Close Epic WF. Copy over Cache.Windows from Steam install to Epic install. Launch through Epic again. Hit Verify Cache in launcher settings.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Just lol that the Daughter's name is the loving Orokin version of Kayleigh

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Guilty posted:

Has anyone got any recommendations for builds for the new infested kitguns? Or should I just haymaker splat everything

I use Brash/Vermisplicer/Splat for my Primary "Tentacle Monster"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I got the epic games thing to work.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I used haymaker/splat on both of mine. The sporelacer seems like it could be cool.

I don’t know if anyone noticed in the options there’s a toggle that no one should touch ever—turn down teammate effects. If I can’t grief people in WF with particles, I don’t know what I even play this game for.

They also added up/down arrows on the red enemy triangles on the minimap for a location. I’m not sure if I like it or not.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The minimap arrows have been there since 2013.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Have you only just started using enemy radar mods?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

OP mentioned up/down arrows for elevation, not the enemy locator as it has been since 2013

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Following up on the kitgun discussion, built a Vermisplicer-Shrewd-Ramflare to see if it really works as a CO primer (or a status gun in general). Predicted stats are... not terribly impressive. Crack 100% status chance, but even going full (non-critical) damage and minimum range it's got 15k or less sustained DPS, and built for real-world use it's around 13k. The Kuva Nukor is an unfair comparison, maybe, but even a rivenless Atomos does far more damage and more reliably chains (I was having difficulty getting more than two jumps out of the alleged four Vermi can do). It does win out in the actual proc application (3 higher fire rate and, as mentioned, over 100% SC), but not reliably enough or sufficiently powerfully for me to give up a primary slot and three forma to make it happen.
Maybe the secondary is better, or maybe it just needs to be built for its mediocre crit.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Maybe the secondary is better, or maybe it just needs to be built for its mediocre crit.

In my primary build it has I think 98.5% crit.

smallmouth posted:

I used haymaker/splat on both of mine. The sporelacer seems like it could be cool.

Haymaker with Vermisplicer effectively makes it a melee weapon only though, -range is really rough on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Khablam posted:

OP mentioned up/down arrows for elevation, not the enemy locator as it has been since 2013

Yeah, that's not new. It's been there forever.